Options

Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
First thing’s first: if your question is “how do I sign up for the Verified Fan presale?”, this is not the thread you’re looking for. There are several other threads that address your issue(s); I’d recommend this one: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/282948/2020-fall-north-american-rumour-thread/

This is for those of us who are gearing up for Thursday morning, to discuss strategy/tactics, tips, potential pitfalls etc.

As I’d bet is the case with a lot of people here, I’m looking to get tickets for MSG and Baltimore. I’ll be running multiple browsers/devices obviously, but I know I’ll be spending a lot of time over the next three days thinking about exactly how to attack this. 

One thing I read several years ago was that Ticketmaster allocates tickets separately for mobile sales. I’ve had a lot of success in the past by running through the TM app rather than the browser, but that might just be anecdotal and/or confirmation bias. I’ve also had some issues with it in the past in situations (like this one) where there’s a code I need to enter. 

Good luck everyone. 

Comments

• Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    1) Get code

2) Buy tickets
  • Options
    dutz054dutz054 Dallas Posts: 68
    Don’t get greedy, if you can get tickets when prompted take them
  • Options
    dutz054 said:
    Don’t get greedy, if you can get tickets when prompted take them
    Definitely this. Don’t worry about whether you could potentially do better. 
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    If anyone wants to get me a St Louis ticket I’ll be forever your best friend. I’ll of course reimburse immediately. I missed out on the sale and totally forgot about this pre sale. Thanks again. 
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    Does anyone know with fan verified if you got a pair in the lottery are you limited to 2 on the verified fan sale or could you get 4? 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887
    I posted this in the other presale thread, but thought it would fit here as well:

Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. You can't buy tickets to multiple shows with your presale code. Unfortunately, the verified fan presale is also by lottery. It has nothing to do with being a member of the fan club or any other priority. So, some of us my get shut out of that as well. I also asked him for any good tips if we do get a presale code. He said that one important tip is that we should only log in from one device. I know that in the past I have logged in from both my computer and my phone to see which one got me closer in that annoying queue line. However, the guy told me that doing that may flag you as a bot and shut you out of your account. I don't know if he was just saying this, or if they have gotten more sophisticated in detecting this, but just wanted to share the info. If anyone else has any good tips for the presale, please share. Thanks.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Good info, thanks.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    MF117973 said:
    I posted this in the other presale thread, but thought it would fit here as well:

Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. You can't buy tickets to multiple shows with your presale code. Unfortunately, the verified fan presale is also by lottery. It has nothing to do with being a member of the fan club or any other priority. So, some of us my get shut out of that as well. I also asked him for any good tips if we do get a presale code. He said that one important tip is that we should only log in from one device. I know that in the past I have logged in from both my computer and my phone to see which one got me closer in that annoying queue line. However, the guy told me that doing that may flag you as a bot and shut you out of your account. I don't know if he was just saying this, or if they have gotten more sophisticated in detecting this, but just wanted to share the info. If anyone else has any good tips for the presale, please share. Thanks.
    They're not just saying it.  They will lock you out,period. Do not login multiple times...into the same account. 

If you use multiple accounts,use a mobile device, NOT on any wifi ,use mobile internet.  one or more and they can block. Its amazing they can block us,but somehow the bots still work. 

What I will do is use code I get on my account, my wife's on mobile

and still not pull anything. 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    I wouldn't even try to use multiple devices, unless you used multiple accounts to sign up for the VF sale (and get multiple codes). The codes are personalized and almost assuredly tied to each account.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    Focus on the first device you log into and get in the queue.  They will lock you out of any additional device even if you log off the other.   I just tried this for the Allman Brothers 50th Anniversary at msg VF presale when I thought TM had crashed as I was getting a error selecting tickets after I was through the queue.  Luckily, TM left me on the queue for selection on my original machine even though I had logged out to try another device.   Nowhere near the demand this show will have, so trust me do not try this.  I ended up lucking into the seats of my life after the cluster of not letting me select other seats that showed as available for a while.  Not expecting to be able to do this for this one.

stick to one device and pray to the TM gods.  It’s still a little bit of a lottery, but perseverance will pay off.  And as others have said, don’t get greedy.  Get seats and take them.   The only bad seats are outside the building. These are arenas not stadiums. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    MF117973 said:

Thanks, that’s really helpful. 
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    If anyone wants to get me a St Louis ticket I’ll be forever your best friend. I’ll of course reimburse immediately. I missed out on the sale and totally forgot about this pre sale. Thanks again. 
    I requested this same favor but for 2 to MSG. I’ll reimburse right away as well. I can NOT believe I forgot to do the VF- I’m still banging my head off the wall 
    I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired..
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    Sent you a pm 
  • Options
    MF117973 said:

Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. 
    I've participated in verified fan sales where this is true and others where it is not. If you are verified for more than one show and receive multiple texts on Thurs. am, then each code may very well be tied to a specific show. 

I've also been in verified sales where they assign you a random time slot. Haven't seen anything about that yet, and hoping it's not the case for these sales.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 372
    This system is so skewed.  People who won the tickets via the TC lottery should not be able to receive or enter the verified presale.  It should be one or the other, that way other people who did not win gets a chance at going to one show at the very least instead of the numerous people going to 4 or more shows obtaining more tickets that they already won.  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    This system is so skewed.  People who won the tickets via the TC lottery should not be able to receive or enter the verified presale.  It should be one or the other, that way other people who did not win gets a chance at going to one show at the very least instead of the numerous people going to 4 or more shows obtaining more tickets that they already won.  

It would be so easy for fans who win multiple shows on the 10c lottery to be dropped a priority level for their attempt at three shows so fans that have no tickets have a slightly better chance to get a ticket.

theyll never do that so why should they do this? They’ll never let newer members ever have a chance at good seats so why would they do this?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    dmbolp said:
    1) Get code

2) Buy tickets

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

It would be so easy for fans who win multiple shows on the 10c lottery to be dropped a priority level for their attempt at three shows so fans that have no tickets have a slightly better chance to get a ticket.

theyll never do that so why should they do this? They’ll never let newer members ever have a chance at good seats so why would they do this?
    Just sucks seeing so many people win 3 shows or more and also get a code for the verified presale.  Those people should be last in line to receive the code.  They already won or give their codes to fans still trying to get tickets.  Yes I understand MSG had 57% odds for reserved but I would like to have a second chance at getting tickets over a person who already won 3 shows.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    MF117973 said:

Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. 
    Be careful with this, it might be an uniformed TM rep.
    I didn't sign up for this VF sale, but have done a few in the past and you have to sign up for a specific show and if picked your code enables you to buy for that specific show.
    Possible that has changed, but I'd say also possible the TM rep gave you incomplete info.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited January 2020
    Have they started to actually deliver presale codes today for the verified fan sale on Thursday?
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    Have they started to actually deliver presale codes today for the verified fan sale on Thursday?
    Nah I was just saying since with my luck, people who already won multiple shows will get codes over me haha Apparently the codes if you receive one will go out Wednesday.  Now the time they go out I have no idea.  The email stated in the evening so who knows
  • Options
    No. It should start on Wednesday evening the email said. 
  • Options
    Nah I was just saying since with my luck, people who already won multiple shows will get codes over me haha Apparently the codes if you receive one will go out Wednesday.  Now the time they go out I have no idea.  The email stated in the evening so who knows
    My understanding as well - thanks!
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Are the verified fan tix not able to be resold for a profit?  That might keep some people away if that's the case.  
  • Options
    Are the verified fan tix not able to be resold for a profit?  That might keep some people away if that's the case.  
    They appear to be subject to the same rules as the TC tix - so no resales other than on the "fan to fan exchange" which will be for face value only, except for NYC and Denver where it's the wild west.
  • Options

Just sucks seeing so many people win 3 shows or more and also get a code for the verified presale.  Those people should be last in line to receive the code.  They already won or give their codes to fans still trying to get tickets.  Yes I understand MSG had 57% odds for reserved but I would like to have a second chance at getting tickets over a person who already won 3 shows.  
    It would have made some sense to set up a system where people who win the TC lottery are at least de-prioritized in the Verified Fan presale, but I don't think they're doing that. 

However, I don't get the emphasis on people who win multiple shows. Nobody won both MSG and Baltimore - people are doing multiple shows in Canada, Cali or the midwest. The odds for the Garden are what they are, and if people have the chance to do several shows in lower-demand markets then good on them; making it more difficult for them to see their shows wouldn't change the supply/demand dynamics in the northeast.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    jmug23 said:
    Sent you a pm 
    Thanks so much Steve. I just replied back. Cheers. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:

It would have made some sense to set up a system where people who win the TC lottery are at least de-prioritized in the Verified Fan presale, but I don't think they're doing that. 

However, I don't get the emphasis on people who win multiple shows. Nobody won both MSG and Baltimore - people are doing multiple shows in Canada, Cali or the midwest. The odds for the Garden are what they are, and if people have the chance to do several shows in lower-demand markets then good on them; making it more difficult for them to see their shows wouldn't change the supply/demand dynamics in the northeast.
    I think it is more that it sucks that NYC and Denver are the only shows that douchebags can sell tickets for more than face value.  Dumb laws
  • Options
    The way it usually works is they send you an email on Wed night stating whether or not you have been verified, waitlisted or simply denied. If verified, on Thursday morning you will receive a text with your code - usually about 2 hours before the presale starts. If you were waitlisted, and there are any tix leftover, you may receive a code later that morning/day along with a message stating you've come off waitlist and can now participate in the presale. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Ok, I've debated about putting this out there but I recently used this TM Verified Fan system for Taylor swift tickets (I have three young daughters). I was successful in getting floor seats and I used this strategy to know where I was in the queue:

1. Only one login at a time is permitted on TM site. Do not use multiple browsers or sessions or you will get booted from your place in the queue.
    2.  Once you are in the virtual queue  waiting for your turn to purchase tickets -
    Via Chrome Browser:
    1. Right click -> inspect Element

2. Click console tab

3. Paste the following in to the bar at the bottom:

4. document.querySelector('#MainPart_lbUsersInLineAheadOfYou').innerTex

(or you can search the entire page html for "UsersInLineAheadOfYou")
    You should see this:   usersInLineAheadOfYou: "2129"

This html will show your reference point and is the driver of the graphic on your page that shows your line progress.

3. In the TS verified sale all ticket buyers were grouped for all venues.  It took hours to run this process and after 90 minutes my purchase was fulfilled.
    4. This html/page source code was in place a few months ago and I don't know if the variables/elements are still named with these identifiers. 
    5. Best of luck and I hope this helps 

Cheers,
    CB