**NYC Lottery Results**

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    I’m so angry with people going to multiple shows and booking flights and I asked for 1 ticket anywhere in the building in my own city. That’s all. 1 ticket, my billing address is Brooklyn, I’ve lived here for 36 years. 1st PJ 10C show was 96. I only ever buy local shows and it seems like that should be the very 1st priority of the 10C. I haven’t seen PJ since the last time they were here as I don’t have the money to tour to see them. It’s pretty infuriating and really depressing. All the rest of these tickets in all these other sales are gonna go directly to scalpers. 
    Couldn't you just watch the ticket exchange like a hawk on top of trying to get tickets when they go on sale?
    Yes which I’ll be doing. I’m just saying that if we’re playing “fair” it should be hometown fans get divided out and get first shot. It’s very easy to see who put in for 1 show and just wants to go to that vs people touring with the band. Preference to the people who live in the city and surrounding areas should be given (for all shows and I’ve been saying this for years) for 10C seats. The band is visiting that city to see the people there. Especially with 1 show in the biggest city. Where scalping is perhaps the worst. 

I’m extremely happy for everyone who got in and I’ll be fighting for a way in that building till they step on stage but it shouldn’t have to be that way. 
    And what happens to fans who live in an area where they will never play? They’re just out of luck, then? 

I have no idea why you think that living in a city where they’ve played dozens of times and where you’ve had dozens of opportunities for “hometown shows” should give you priority over people from other cities. 
    Ugh. It’s not about the specific city, I think they should do it for every tour stop. I cannot magically bring them to your area. That’s not what this conversation is about though. I’m also not at all saying shut out those who wanna tour with the band and go to distant shows, that’s a great part of the fandom. 

Think of it this way: the preference system that you now have for what shows you want to go to most. But if you live in/around that place, have that show in first (or only) position, that should heavily weight you getting tickets for that show. Think of it as a 1st 1st choice.

edit: for people who don’t have any shows near them and haven’t in a long time (remember I miss every other tour they do, I only get to even try to see them here, so that’s years of waiting in itself), perhaps you could assign a city of your choice that would be most convenient and call that your “hometown”. 
    I understood what you were saying and how it applies to other cities as well. I just really disagree with your mindset. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • BE9456 said:
    no luck with 10c for GA tix for NYC. I will try on Thursday for the presale. Will GA be available for the presale?
    I’d assume so. Usually 10c only gets a portion of GA, like other tix. Probably not many though. 
    10C gets all of GA.
    I stand corrected. 
  • mjd327mjd327 Posts: 160
    GR280729 said:

Why are we still going on about the seating? New system is better and makes much more sense. The end.
    Well unless you wanted reserved seating and the new system is worse and makes less sense :) 

But I was not complaining - just commenting on the post I quoted.  In the old system if someone was pick 125 and put GA, they would be on  to their second choice and someone that had put reserved 1st priority would move up.  Now with BA, that person with pick 125 just gets reserved.  So basically anyone wanting reserved only is worse off with the new system than the old system.

And I got Baltimore - which is much easier for me and my wife to go to, so at least I will be seeing them - so the new method worked for me. We put in NY as priority 1 on my wife's account and lost.  I had a 50% chance, so that happens.  Now on to verified fan

Everyone who wants GA is worse off in the new system as there is less risk by having the BA option so more people are putting in for it as choice 1 by selecting BA
    On the other hand, those that want GA but thought they could never go for it because the odds were so low now can feel free to try
  • 405OK405OK Posts: 100
    GR280729 said:
    They picked our random number once, like the song, ONCE. If you picked RES, they drew your number ONCE. If you picked BA, they drew your number ONCE. If you picked GA they drew your number... wait for it...ONCE

by picking RES your are electing to skip over GA and just take seats. It’s not like BA are getting their numbers drawn a second time.

Two scenarios,
    lets say my number was the 20,000 number picked in the draw. I lose, no matter whether I picked BA or RES or peanut butter and jelly

if my number was the 125th number drawn, I’d win GA if I picked GA or BA, or seats if I picked RES.

BUT my number gets drawn the one time. ONCE.
    I think the point is that in the past people had to pick GA or Reserved.  There was no best available option.  So if someone wanted GA, then GA was priority one.  Then they could put Reserved as priority two to make sure they were in the building.  Now with BA, the people that want GA could just put BA as their number one priority and then if they miss out on GA they are still 1st priority for reserved (in the past they would have been 2nd or lower).  So for the last tour if someone wanted to go to NY and Bal, they may have done first priority GA for NY, then 2nd for GA for Bal, then 3rd got Reserved NY and 4th for reserved Bal.  now it is just 1st NY BA and 2nd Bal for BA.  This new method is taking the opportunity for seats away from people that wanted reserved as priority 1.

but we knew these are the new rules.  So no one should be surprised.  I had NY reserved as number 1, but it would have been no different if I did GA or BA because I was shut out.  But I will be doing BA in the future because it seems you have a better chance of getting tickets since you are eligible for GA and reserved
    This new method is NOT taking away reserved seats as a priority one. You’re applying the “old way” to something new, this tour. As long as you do that, you’ll always have a misguided view. Sorry. 
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
  • Seniority should get first pick bottomline...otherwise what’s the point of renewing every year???
    Wrangler said:
    Seniority should get first pick bottomline...otherwise what’s the point of renewing every year???
    So new fans of Pearl Jam shouldnt be able to see their concerts? Only the people who have seen them 50 times? I think its great if new fans get tickets
  • mjd327 said:
    Wrangler said:
    Seniority should get first pick bottomline...otherwise what’s the point of renewing every year???
    So new fans of Pearl Jam shouldnt be able to see their concerts? Only the people who have seen them 50 times? I think its great if new fans get tickets
    Explain to me why I should be long term fan club member if I don’t get tickets?  That great T-shirt?
    Wrangler said:
    mjd327 said:
    Wrangler said:
    Explain to me why I should be long term fan club member if I don’t get tickets?  That great T-shirt?
    For the chance to enter the lotto like all the other fans, and if you win you even get better seats
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    Wrangler said:

Never gonna happen, so no reason to even bring it up.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • So you think I should have the same ‘chance’ as someone that joined two weeks ago?  I don’t care where I sit.  I just want in the building without getting raped.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    Wrangler said:
    mjd327 said:
    Wrangler said:
    Don’t then. Nothing is guaranteed. Picking the right shows has a lot to do with it. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • I didnt even notice I won until I scanned through my personal email that I use less than Gmail. I saw my email two hours after the fact. I have no idea how it works, only know I only put in for reserved at MSG.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Wrangler said:
    So you think I should have the same ‘chance’ as someone that joined two weeks ago?  I don’t care where I sit.  I just want in the building without getting raped.
    Sure. If anything they should prioritize people who haven't ever won before including new fans, but I think doing it with even odds is fine
  • It should be done by seniority and location.
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 341
    edited January 2020
    Shut out on BA for MSG.  Hope something comes out of the regular sale or fan to fan!
    Post edited by MKSNYC on
    Wrangler said:
    It should be done by seniority and location.
    This seems like gatekeeping to me. New fans of the band should be embraced, not pushed away because you didn't like them in the 90s so you cant go to their concerts
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Wrangler said:
    Don’t renew then
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    Wrangler said:
    To ensure that you get better seats if you do get selected. And this frankly unfair practice has nothing to do with the fact that the club prefers you over anyone else and everything to do with the fact that they want you to keep paying them.
  • AlaG said:
    Wrangler said:
    To ensure that you get better seats if you do get selected. And this frankly unfair practice has nothing to do with the fact that the club prefers you over anyone else and everything to do with the fact that they want you to keep paying them.
    Yup..I’m cancelling 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Wrangler said:
    Wrangler said:
    mjd327 said:
    Wrangler said:
    Wrangler said:
    So you think I should have the same ‘chance’ as someone that joined two weeks ago?  I don’t care where I sit.  I just want in the building without getting raped.
    Wrangler said:
    WOW !
    Wrangler said:
    AlaG said:
    Wrangler said:
    Yup..I’m cancelling 

That'll teach them.
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    edited January 2020
    Wrangler said:
    AlaG said:
    Wrangler said:
    Yup..I’m cancelling 
    Cool. Good riddance. No need for this kind of elitism in the fan base.
    Post edited by AlaG on
    No need to cancel though.  You can continue to not get any benefit from it until it just expires.  Same difference I suppose.
  • Shut out. Msg and nothing as top priority. If anyone as a single let me know. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    mrvector said:
    So I fully expect to get a rejection letter but I put in MSG as choice 1 and BAL as choice 2.  I hit on choice 2...

OK.
    You got Balt as your #2? Lol, Not sure how the hell the happened but congrats man! 
    Yeah.  I don't get it either...
    that’s pretty shitty for anyone who had Baltimore as priority 1. maybe you had the order flipped? can’t see how else it would have worked. if anybody got GA with choice 2 it means EVERYONE who had BA for choice 1 should have gotten it, and that was not the case 
    You just made me think that I screwed up my choices now.  I don't think there is a way to check is there?
    I kind of assumed that was the case but didn’t want to call you out.
    your confirmation email will have the priority order. And it wasn’t necessarily the order that you selected. I chose Denver first then St Louis, but at the final screen it had Louis 1 and Denver 2. I just had to drag them around to switch. But if you didn’t your order may have been reversed.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I’m so angry with people going to multiple shows and booking flights and I asked for 1 ticket anywhere in the building in my own city. That’s all. 1 ticket, my billing address is Brooklyn, I’ve lived here for 36 years. 1st PJ 10C show was 96. I only ever buy local shows and it seems like that should be the very 1st priority of the 10C. I haven’t seen PJ since the last time they were here as I don’t have the money to tour to see them. It’s pretty infuriating and really depressing. All the rest of these tickets in all these other sales are gonna go directly to scalpers. 
    Couldn't you just watch the ticket exchange like a hawk on top of trying to get tickets when they go on sale?
    Yes which I’ll be doing. I’m just saying that if we’re playing “fair” it should be hometown fans get divided out and get first shot. It’s very easy to see who put in for 1 show and just wants to go to that vs people touring with the band. Preference to the people who live in the city and surrounding areas should be given (for all shows and I’ve been saying this for years) for 10C seats. The band is visiting that city to see the people there. Especially with 1 show in the biggest city. Where scalping is perhaps the worst. 

I’m extremely happy for everyone who got in and I’ll be fighting for a way in that building till they step on stage but it shouldn’t have to be that way. 
    I feel you there.

Seems like priority should be given to people based on proximity of the billing zip code to the venue.
    Why? They haven’t played my home town in 6 years. They play some cities every other year or more. Why should I not be allowed to travel? That seems really dumb to me. 
  • I got denied in 2016 when I entered that lottery and lost every single entry. But I didn’t gatekeep my pearl jam fandom or trot out my membership age as if I am more special than anyone else.
  • Remember this is short US and Canada tour. I except then to tour more around the fall in US/Canda. Plus new album is coming
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited January 2020
    I got denied in 2016 when I entered that lottery and lost every single entry. But I didn’t gatekeep my pearl jam fandom or trot out my membership age as if I am more special than anyone else.
    Been a member on and off since 2006, have only gotten 10c tix  3 times, pj20(didn't use them for personal reasons), MSG 2 2016 was GA and TOTD at MSG. For TOTD, I gave my extra to a long time local fan whose been in the 10c since the early days and has gotten shut out from shows. The point is life goes on and the amount of bitching is just absurd. Nearly everyone on here is 35 and over and yet are acting like 5 year olds. I got shut out today for ba at MSG  and didn't really care either way. I just cancelled my auto-renew membership. As of March 19th, I will no longer be a member and ya know what, my life will go on.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• MSG tickets and hotel booked. Hotel Pennsylvania literally across the street from the Garden
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22