**NYC Lottery Results**

Comments

• 405OK405OK Posts: 100
    They didn’t take away from reserved priority 1!! 

When your name is randomly pulled, they look at what you selected- GA, Res, or BA. 

GA is considered better than reserved. If you selected GA, you would get GA until it’s full. If you selected reserved, you’d get reserved. If you selected BA (which was AUTOMATICALLY SELECTED) when you selected BOTH GA and reserved, you would get GA until it’s full and once full it goes to reserved. 
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
  • Still waiting for my email as of 9:12PM EST
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• I’m so angry with people going to multiple shows and booking flights and I asked for 1 ticket anywhere in the building in my own city. That’s all. 1 ticket, my billing address is Brooklyn, I’ve lived here for 36 years. 1st PJ 10C show was 96. I only ever buy local shows and it seems like that should be the very 1st priority of the 10C. I haven’t seen PJ since the last time they were here as I don’t have the money to tour to see them. It’s pretty infuriating and really depressing. All the rest of these tickets in all these other sales are gonna go directly to scalpers. 
  • GM151575GM151575 Posts: 352
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Using non-scientific, purely anecdotal, comment based evidence; it seems  BA was a highly successful option. I don’t recall seeing it as an option, but I wouldn’t have picked it anyway. Oh well 
    If you picked GA and reserved for msg, then you picked BA. It’s automatic when both were selected. 
    Where did it say that? 
    Say it? Once both were selected, a best available box appeared with a check mark. 
    Doesn’t seem fair, that’s should be two priorities. 
    Not fair?
    Seems to be confusion.  “Best available” is not a priority selection, you had to choose ga or reserved, one of them as a top priority. Correct? 
    Do you honestly not see the Best Available option on the screen shot above?

I understand I sit in front of a computer like 60% of my life, but c'mon people.

Best available was an option for all the shows and the best bet to ensure you at least got in.
    I don’t remember seeing it for msg. Not one bit 
    Ya huh.

Did you have to prioritize one over the other? 
    No the cities where you priorities not your picks. You either selected GA or/and RES 
    Ok and then that’s what I’m saying. Previous lotteries you had to choose ga or seats as a priority, the other as your second priority if going for just getting in building . So if you lost ga, your chances of winning seats as second priority were slim. 

This time all the “best available” that didn’t get ga didn’t have to drop down to their second priority to get seats, it was all in one priority. When in previous lotteries, they would have lost once ga was full and would have had to get seats on second priority.   It should have been clearly stated at least. I didn’t pick ga and have no interest in it, but I do think people that “risked” picking ga shouldn’t have gotten a two for one over people that just picked reserved as priority one. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Why are people mad about the multiple shows? Multi show people were for the non-East coast markets, UNLESS they put Balt or NYC as #1. We were also welcome to put in for LA or Quebec City and fly out but didn’t.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    They already sent out rejection emails. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    GM151575 said:
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Using non-scientific, purely anecdotal, comment based evidence; it seems  BA was a highly successful option. I don’t recall seeing it as an option, but I wouldn’t have picked it anyway. Oh well 
    If you picked GA and reserved for msg, then you picked BA. It’s automatic when both were selected. 
    Where did it say that? 
    Say it? Once both were selected, a best available box appeared with a check mark. 
    Not fair?
    Seems to be confusion.  “Best available” is not a priority selection, you had to choose ga or reserved, one of them as a top priority. Correct? 

I understand I sit in front of a computer like 60% of my life, but c'mon people.

Best available was an option for all the shows and the best bet to ensure you at least got in.
    Ya huh.

No the cities where you priorities not your picks. You either selected GA or/and RES 
    Ok and then that’s what I’m saying. Previous lotteries you had to choose ga or seats as a priority, the other as your second priority if going for just getting in building . So if you lost ga, your chances of winning seats as second priority were slim. 

This time all the “best available” that didn’t get ga didn’t have to drop down to their second priority to get seats, it was all in one priority. When in previous lotteries, they would have lost once ga was full and would have had to get seats on second priority.   It should have been clearly stated at least. I didn’t pick ga and have no interest in it, but I do think people that “risked” picking ga shouldn’t have gotten a two for one over people that just picked reserved as priority one. 
    So, just to be clear, you are blaming the fact that you didn't have a better shot at winning due to not reading the rules?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    I’m so angry with people going to multiple shows and booking flights and I asked for 1 ticket anywhere in the building in my own city. That’s all. 1 ticket, my billing address is Brooklyn, I’ve lived here for 36 years. 1st PJ 10C show was 96. I only ever buy local shows and it seems like that should be the very 1st priority of the 10C. I haven’t seen PJ since the last time they were here as I don’t have the money to tour to see them. It’s pretty infuriating and really depressing. All the rest of these tickets in all these other sales are gonna go directly to scalpers. 
    Don’t give up. As someone wise said, it’s not over until the show is over. I’m sure you can score 1 ticket, I’ve done it a bunch of times myself (at face or close). Chin up.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    GM151575 said:
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Where did it say that? 
    Not fair?

Ya huh.

Unbelievable..
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    GM151575 said:
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Where did it say that? 
    Not fair?

Ya huh.

Most people weren't "risking" picking GA.  They decided that they wanted a ticket no matter what, so picked best available.  If they got them, they were probably picked in the lottery ahead of ones that didn't get any.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • GM151575GM151575 Posts: 352
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Where did it say that? 
    Not fair?

Ya huh.

So, just to be clear, you are blaming the fact that you didn't have a better shot at winning due to not reading the rules?
    Again that’s not in the rules. Every past lottery you could pick both, but as two priorities. The rules did not say this was any different. 
    They already sent out rejection emails. 
    Yes and I’m saying I didn’t get a rejection email for MSG yet.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• EA17313EA17313 Posts: 62
    I’m so angry with people going to multiple shows and booking flights and I asked for 1 ticket anywhere in the building in my own city. That’s all. 1 ticket, my billing address is Brooklyn, I’ve lived here for 36 years. 1st PJ 10C show was 96. I only ever buy local shows and it seems like that should be the very 1st priority of the 10C. I haven’t seen PJ since the last time they were here as I don’t have the money to tour to see them. It’s pretty infuriating and really depressing. All the rest of these tickets in all these other sales are gonna go directly to scalpers. 
    You live in the best city in the world. I live in NC and yes I can see them in GA whenever i want in the South, but I'd easily trade that to get to live in NYC... with a comparable standard of living, that is.  
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if some of the people that lost won, their opinions would be slightly different.

C'mon guys.  It's a 1 night only show at MSG.  Some/many people here were bound to lose. It's just a numbers game.

I understand being disappointed, but angry?  That is going too far IMO. 

Take it in stride, and work the problem. You'll find a way in.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Where did it say that? 
    Not fair?

Ya huh.

Again that’s not in the rules. Every past lottery you could pick both, but as two priorities. The rules did not say this was any different. 
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying but the new system was very clear that cities where the priorities and not the RES/GA of each city. 
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Where did it say that? 
    Not fair?

Ya huh.

Well, I mean A. yes they did, and B. the entire lotto is being ran by a different party, but other than that....spot on!

• TC282314TC282314 Posts: 385
    405OK said:
    They didn’t take away from reserved priority 1!! 

When your name is randomly pulled, they look at what you selected- GA, Res, or BA. 

GA is considered better than reserved. If you selected GA, you would get GA until it’s full. If you selected reserved, you’d get reserved. If you selected BA (which was AUTOMATICALLY SELECTED) when you selected BOTH GA and reserved, you would get GA until it’s full and once full it goes to reserved. 
    Bingo
  • Saltzy23 said:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that if some of the people that lost won, their opinions would be slightly different.

C'mon guys.  It's a 1 night only show at MSG.  Some/many people here were bound to lose. It's just a numbers game.

Agreed. Also, NY is one of only two cities where the scalping laws (or lack thereof) seems to play in the favor of anyone who REALLY wants to go. Stubhub prices are probably outrageous now but will move around. Plus there’s another sale next week and the fan exchange (I think) includes NY. I hope everyone who didn’t get in today is able to find a way to make it into the garden. 
  • Shut out!
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Where did it say that? 
    Not fair?

Ya huh.

It was in all the communication about the presale. IMO the best available option is in the "spirit" of what the band is trying to do. It should be a fair way of determining who gets to go to the show in the way they want. Draw names in random order and honor that order / win based on their preferred way to see the show. Some want in no matter what (but with the best seats of course), some want GA or nothing (don't want to pay to possibly be further away) and some want only reserved (they don't want to stand or for whatever reason). This year they introduced the best available which means you don't risk/gamble by trying for the best seat. The best seat should be yours, if you want it, based on the order your name was drawn.
    euchrid said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    PJNB said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    GM151575 said:
    CO278952 said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    405OK said:
    GM151575 said:
    Where did it say that? 
    Not fair?

Ya huh.

It was in all the communication about the presale. IMO the best available option is in the "spirit" of what the band is trying to do. It should be a fair way of determining who gets to go to the show in the way they want. Draw names in random order and honor that order / win based on their preferred way to see the show. Some want in no matter what (but with the best seats of course), some want GA or nothing (don't want to pay to possibly be further away) and some want only reserved (they don't want to stand or for whatever reason). This year they introduced the best available which means you don't risk/gamble by trying for the best seat. The best seat should be yours, if you want it, based on the order your name was drawn.
    Spot on
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    edited January 2020
    Saltzy23 said:

Agreed. Also, NY is one of only two cities where the scalping laws (or lack thereof) seems to play in the favor of anyone who REALLY wants to go. Stubhub prices are probably outrageous now but will move around. Plus there’s another sale next week and the fan exchange (I think) includes NY. I hope everyone who didn’t get in today is able to find a way to make it into the garden. 
    I sat in front of my computer hitting refresh on StubHub over and over the day of Brooklyn Night 2 and wound up getting in for $75.

I had a guy I have never met before 'Miracle' me into the fucking Colbert show on my birthday before the Global Citizens Festival in 2015, and sat dead center, 20' feet from the stage to see them play Mind Your Manners and RITFW.

Again, most people will give up when they get the rejection notice today.  Just don't be one of those people, work the problem, and you WILL get in if you really want to.
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    Traveling from Orlando to MSG for the show. Will be my 6th time seeing PJ in the building since ‘94. Where you live should have zero relevance to your ability to obtain tickets in the lottery. Florida was graced with 4 dates in ‘16. Last time they were here before that was ‘08. Sucks to miss out when the show is in your backyard but be happy you have so many opportunities to see shows in your area. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • I’m so angry with people going to multiple shows and booking flights and I asked for 1 ticket anywhere in the building in my own city. That’s all. 1 ticket, my billing address is Brooklyn, I’ve lived here for 36 years. 1st PJ 10C show was 96. I only ever buy local shows and it seems like that should be the very 1st priority of the 10C. I haven’t seen PJ since the last time they were here as I don’t have the money to tour to see them. It’s pretty infuriating and really depressing. All the rest of these tickets in all these other sales are gonna go directly to scalpers. 
    Couldn't you just watch the ticket exchange like a hawk on top of trying to get tickets when they go on sale?
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I lost out on the one show I put in for but it's par for the course for me.  My luck with the lottery has not been very good.  I'm sure I can try to get a ticket but not with my number which is darn fucking good.  Too bad for me. If all else fails I'll pour a Knob Creek and watch Periscope and enjoy the show from home.  It's not the end of the World, it's not cancer. It's not going to change my love for this band I have had for 25 years. I have 2 months to change my fate and I hope that happens.  Happy for all the folks that got tickets and I am stoked PJ is still together and putting out new music for us to relish in! Maybe the 2nd leg of the American tour will be my peach!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Sprunkn7 said:
    I lost out on the one show I put in for but it's par for the course for me.  My luck with the lottery has not been very good.  I'm sure I can try to get a ticket but not with my number which is darn fucking good.  Too bad for me. If all else fails I'll pour a Knob Creek and watch Periscope and enjoy the show from home.  It's not the end of the World, it's not cancer. It's not going to change my love for this band I have had for 25 years. I have 2 months to change my fate and I hope that happens.  Happy for all the folks that got tickets and I am stoked PJ is still together and putting out new music for us to relish in! Maybe the 2nd leg of the American tour will be my peach!
    Well said.

Honestly, arent you people just happy this band is still this relevant and well known for the magic of their live shows that there is this much demand to see them play?  This is a GOOD thing.  It means every show is special and still a big deal.

Would you rather they became Motley Crue or some other washed up bunch of has been just going through the motions to rake in cash?

I love that it's still this hard to get in to see them in major cities.  It means they still kick ass.
  • Does anyone know what the final odds were for NYC? Just curious as was shut out for best available. On to verified fan!!
    Couldn't you just watch the ticket exchange like a hawk on top of trying to get tickets when they go on sale?
    Yes which I’ll be doing. I’m just saying that if we’re playing “fair” it should be hometown fans get divided out and get first shot. It’s very easy to see who put in for 1 show and just wants to go to that vs people touring with the band. Preference to the people who live in the city and surrounding areas should be given (for all shows and I’ve been saying this for years) for 10C seats. The band is visiting that city to see the people there. Especially with 1 show in the biggest city. Where scalping is perhaps the worst. 

I’m extremely happy for everyone who got in and I’ll be fighting for a way in that building till they step on stage but it shouldn’t have to be that way. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Yeah this was an entertaining Saturday lottery , even though I struck out for MSG 2nd choice reserved option which I know is a mistake! I won Baltimore reserved on a Saturday night I’m beyond stoked 

we’ll both be a long way from 25A that day, but much closer to our beloved orange Cheeto.

so a win and a loss?
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    WOW.  denied.  my one show request.  my home town show.  supposedly a 99% chance of scoring tickets, and yet, with the 1%.  total bummer.  in the scheme of things, first time ever shut out so really, very fortunate.  beyond that, as much as i love PJ, and i so do - so much so that i've seen them 45+ times in 7 countries ... in the end, it's just a concert.  big bummer though. 
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow