Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Kevinman said:
    JP218404 said:
    I find all of this amazing. Regardless of who is running the 10c tickets it has always be a crap shoot if we got em or not. Personal I didn’t get shit this year and this Is the second run at the garden I haven’t gotten. And ya know what. Haven’t missed a show and won’t this time. Ya want in you’ll get in. Plenty of great people on this board looking out for each out to make sure none of us over pay. 

The fact that 10C got more tickets per show is great for all of us regardless if you got them or not.  

Be happy they even do this. See ya at the shows. 
    Great attitude!  Sorry you didn’t get lottery tix.
    Do you ever sing "Kevinman" during the "man" trilogy?
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    I got in where I expected.  I panicked when people started saying they got shut out on BA and others were getting 4 picks with BA, but the only plausible explanation is people failed on the order form somehow, either entering each show one at a time, doing all GA or not having the tenclub email match in the entry form.

There are a ton of people who, understandably, assumed they got shut out because they haven't received an email yet. It's clear there was some sort of TM mistake that caused a large number of hopefully positive emails to not be sent. Support is telling them to be patient, the selection period isn't done yet.
    If people have not got an email either way I would very much doubt they actually submitted a ticket request.  I keep seeing people on facebook say they got shut out only to after hours of comments and sniping back and forth they discover these scenarios:

1. they resubmitted to add a show for GA and it wiped out all their other BA choices.
    2. they resubmitted to add another BA show and it wiped out all their other BA choices.
    3. they thought that when the odds said 99% early on that those where the odds and went all in on GA and consequently lost all shows.
    4. they submitted their ticket request on another's ticketmaster account.  ie names did not match

Except for the fact that my ticket request confirmation email verifies both shows I requested AND I called TM to confirm my requests and they said I was good to go. Something happened on their end. 
    I ordered socks online on Saturday just to make sure my credit card was working. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    KC2917 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    I got in where I expected.  I panicked when people started saying they got shut out on BA and others were getting 4 picks with BA, but the only plausible explanation is people failed on the order form somehow, either entering each show one at a time, doing all GA or not having the tenclub email match in the entry form.

There are a ton of people who, understandably, assumed they got shut out because they haven't received an email yet. It's clear there was some sort of TM mistake that caused a large number of hopefully positive emails to not be sent. Support is telling them to be patient, the selection period isn't done yet.
    If people have not got an email either way I would very much doubt they actually submitted a ticket request.  I keep seeing people on facebook say they got shut out only to after hours of comments and sniping back and forth they discover these scenarios:

1. they resubmitted to add a show for GA and it wiped out all their other BA choices.
    2. they resubmitted to add another BA show and it wiped out all their other BA choices.
    3. they thought that when the odds said 99% early on that those where the odds and went all in on GA and consequently lost all shows.
    4. they submitted their ticket request on another's ticketmaster account.  ie names did not match

Except for the fact that my ticket request confirmation email verifies both shows I requested AND I called TM to confirm my requests and they said I was good to go. Something happened on their end. 
    what was your ticket request and do you have the screenshot of it, and did you not change anything along the way, ie priority, etc etc.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    benjs said:
    KC2917 said:
    benjs said:
    This isn't complicated, guys.

Here's how I suspect they did it based on it being straightforward and aligning with everything they've shared about the process.

1. Filter on just the applicants for the show being drawn, in first priority
    2. Pick a name. 
    3. Check their preference
    4a. If they requested GA, check if there are GA available. Deplete the inventory if necessary, and notify on win/loss.
    4b. If they requested Best Available, check if there are GA available. If not, check if there are Reserved available. Deplete the inventory if necessary, and notify on win/loss.
    4c. If they requested Reserved, check if there are Reserved available. Deplete the inventory if necessary, and notify on win/loss.
    5. Once all entries have been processed to either win/loss within the priority, repeat the exercise with the next priority
    6. Once all entries for the show have been processed to either win/loss, move on to the next one (hence why the email alerts came one show at a time)

Technically, once they knew a show was fully allocated, they could've also stopped lottery-ing for that show and send loss notices to everyone after too. 
    This is the winner. No more speculation. The end.
    That doesn’t explain the people with first and second priority shows getting shut out while people with lower priorities for the same shows got selected. Speculation continues...
    For what it's worth, if we're down to three options - there's manipulation of the entries, there's a glitch in the system, there's a handful of people who didn't follow the steps properly, I know what I'm speculating based on six years in IT. 
    PEBKAC

dude this is certainly no picnic.
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Posts: 312
    Jason7192 said:
    I would be interested to see after Sunday night (I realize some have not received an email about certain shows) how many actually cases there are of people who won a show and then got rejected for 2nd choice when others got that rejected show as 3rd or 4th priority. It seems like very few right now. Most claiming this still have not actually received a rejection email. Seems most messed up their choices or tried to change choices and resubmitted incorrectly. 

Those complaining they lost just because they’ve “lived in that city for x amount of years” or “I’ve been a member for x amount of years...I deserve tickets!”  Well...I don’t even know what to say. Read the rules and enter with common sense. We all had the same system. 

Last thing, I do feel bad for those that got rejected. Just not the ones coming on here blasting everyone and everything with self entitlement 
    Do we know if anyone won BA or reserved tix for STL at 3rd priority or worse?
    I’m not sure. What I do know is I can verify my close circle of people that followed instructions properly and used logic in choices all won their shows. This is about 6-7 people. Most of us went for Nashville and STL. All chose BA or Res. All won both choices. 
    Glad that you got the tix you wanted. Nashville was my first choice & I won those, but got denied on STL reserved. Those were the only shows I chose. I'll be searching for tix through the other TM options & hope I can get lucky.
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    I ordered socks online on Saturday just to make sure my credit card was working. 
    I wish I would have did that. Apparently I was sent a new CC for no reason. I used the "old" CC that still had 2 years left on it before it expired. They emailed me saying my card was declined. I called the CC and they told me they sent a new one. I found the new one and actived it. They are holding my tickets until Tuesday when I will get a new email to resubmit my ticket request. 
    PB11041 said:
    KC2917 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

what was your ticket request and do you have the screenshot of it, and did you not change anything along the way, ie priority, etc etc.  
    Oakland 2 as first, Oakland 1 as second. Never changed anything. Are you asking for a screenshot of my confirmation email? I promise I’m not lying to you. 
    JM144705 said:
    I wish I would have did that. Apparently I was sent a new CC for no reason. I used the "old" CC that still had 2 years left on it before it expired. They emailed me saying my card was declined. I called the CC and they told me they sent a new one. I found the new one and actived it. They are holding my tickets until Tuesday when I will get a new email to resubmit my ticket request. 

Sorry this happened to you.

your comment appears to put aside one line of explanation, that loss emails due to demand were really the club eliminating applications due to processing error. It seems they are working proactively to resolve issues, hopefully they come thru for you 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    KC2917 said:
    PB11041 said:
    KC2917 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Oakland 2 as first, Oakland 1 as second. Never changed anything. Are you asking for a screenshot of my confirmation email? I promise I’m not lying to you. 
    I am no making anyone post anything, just saying I did see yesterday on facebook more than 1 person make claims that seemed impossible and when their screenshot showed up after they had claimed they selected Best Available, the screen shot if fact showed they selected GA.  

There are a myriad of ways this could have gone, which also includes some small element of random people get shutout due to algorithm being poor.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

edited January 2020
    KC2917 said:
    PB11041 said:
    KC2917 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

There are fans that want to explain away all issues with something simple. Perhaps they are correct, but I’ve seen too many instances such as yours to not want some level of reassurance that the lotto was done fairly. And I am one of the lucky ones here and am grateful.

we can spin the gray circle on and on. Perhaps it’s best if we can organize some sort of AMA, with a predetermined list of questions that the community can vet, and then submit to the club for clarification. I can understand the odds not being updated at the end, but someone picking one show losing to someone for that show with a low priority  pick, we should try to vet this the best we can and get a clarification 

also it’d be fair to get an understanding how the draw is conducted so some fans fears that BA are getting two chances per round are answered by the club.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Jason7192 said:
    Jason7192 said:
    I would be interested to see after Sunday night (I realize some have not received an email about certain shows) how many actually cases there are of people who won a show and then got rejected for 2nd choice when others got that rejected show as 3rd or 4th priority. It seems like very few right now. Most claiming this still have not actually received a rejection email. Seems most messed up their choices or tried to change choices and resubmitted incorrectly. 

Those complaining they lost just because they’ve “lived in that city for x amount of years” or “I’ve been a member for x amount of years...I deserve tickets!”  Well...I don’t even know what to say. Read the rules and enter with common sense. We all had the same system. 

Last thing, I do feel bad for those that got rejected. Just not the ones coming on here blasting everyone and everything with self entitlement 
    I’m not sure. What I do know is I can verify my close circle of people that followed instructions properly and used logic in choices all won their shows. This is about 6-7 people. Most of us went for Nashville and STL. All chose BA or Res. All won both choices. 
    Glad that you got the tix you wanted. Nashville was my first choice & I won those, but got denied on STL reserved. Those were the only shows I chose. I'll be searching for tix through the other TM options & hope I can get lucky.
    Was STL res your 2nd choice?  Makes no sense that you got rejected email if so. I had Nashville BA at 1, STL BA at 2. 

I’d honestly prefer it if someone can point out any errors I might have made. At least it would put me out of my misery. 
  • HawkeyeJamHawkeyeJam Posts: 209
    edited January 2020
    Kevinman said:
    My thought on how it worked...could be wrong:

If you selected BA as 1st choice.  
    They draw your name and GA is not full....you get that.
    They draw your name and GA is full...your name gets put aside for 2nd round of Res drawing.  They pull names of all 1st choice Res until it’s full or all people who had that as 1st choice have tix.
    If after 1st pull for Res seats were still available they start pulling all 2nd choice Res, including BA that didn’t get GA.  So odds are now way less than 99% in this scenario.

So....if you had 4 shows all BA, the chances of getting tix for the 4th show would be pretty slim.

Thats how I thought it worked at least.

I won three shows with a BA request. The shows in no order were STL,DEN, and NAS. I don't think I would have gotten any of these shows with a 5th choice
  • KC2917 said:
    I’d honestly prefer it if someone can point out any errors I might have made. At least it would put me out of my misery. 
    Can't, really. This is the exception where I'm like - yep, need answers. You heard about the other show so obviously, you submitted correctly if no changes were made as you say. Hopefully you did score, they just haven't sent out the notifications yet.
  • cardosocardoso Posts: 1,507
    E-MAIL FROM 10C......  
    "In an effort to get more tickets than ever before into the hands of our fans"

seems the more tickets are for Public Presale and not to GA or RS...anyway,,,very mess ticket system
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  Indianapolis, USA 27.08.2024
  • Has anyone tried calling support to see if the account shows anything in terms of purchases?
    Has anyone tried calling support to see if the account shows anything in terms of purchases?
    Yes. It doesn’t. 

Well, I was one of those Oakland people waiting for a confirmation email.  I reached out to the 10C ticketmaster email support and they responded that I lost.  Not surprising but at least confirmed.

I want everyone to go on with the rest of their day as if this didn't happen.  Don't worry about Bootlegger.  Bootlegger has a resilient spirit.  Bootleggers are fighter and have always been fighters. 

KC2917 said:

This looks right but TBH I've had a few cold ones.

With this and bootleggers result the odds appear way lower than 99%
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    The confirmation email says to expect an email for each show entered 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Kevinman said:
    My thought on how it worked...could be wrong:

If you selected BA as 1st choice.  
    They draw your name and GA is not full....you get that.
    They draw your name and GA is full...your name gets put aside for 2nd round of Res drawing.  They pull names of all 1st choice Res until it’s full or all people who had that as 1st choice have tix.
    If after 1st pull for Res seats were still available they start pulling all 2nd choice Res, including BA that didn’t get GA.  So odds are now way less than 99% in this scenario.

So....if you had 4 shows all BA, the chances of getting tix for the 4th show would be pretty slim.

Thats how I thought it worked at least.

I won three shows with a BA request. The shows in no order were STL,DEN, and NAS. I don't think I would have gotten any of these shows with a 5th choice
    Interesting.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    KC2917 said:

Can't see an error.

You and others in the same boat have a legit gripe I think.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • BE9456BE9456 Posts: 148

Well, I was one of those Oakland people waiting for a confirmation email.  I reached out to the 10C ticketmaster email support and they responded that I lost.  Not surprising but at least confirmed.

I want everyone to go on with the rest of their day as if this didn't happen.  Don't worry about Bootlegger.  Bootlegger has a resilient spirit.  Bootleggers are fighter and have always been fighters. 

Doubt you got an answer from someone who knows.  These are canned responses. "oh you didnt get an email? You must have lost then"
  • Another possible factor, I don’t know if it has been already mentioned, what if you have more chance to win for single tickets compared  to pairs ?
    One of my friend got LA1/2, Oakland 1/2, in that order, all Reserved but he only went for single tickets.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    Another possible factor, I don’t know if it has been already mentioned, what if you have more chance to win for single tickets compared  to pairs ?
    One of my friend got LA1/2, Oakland 1/2, in that order, all Reserved but he only went for single tickets.
    You would for sure. At some point near the end of the draw there would be scattered singles around the arena so they'd have to skip a bunch of pairs and give those singles to lower priority requests. But I doubt this is a big factor - wild ass guess here, maybe for 10 to 15 tickets.
  • I put in for 5 shows, all BA. Not realising that BA was counted as 2 preferences for each show. I scored tickets for the 1st 3 shows, didn't hear anything on the 4th show, and received confirmation that I missed out on the 5th show.  Had I realised BA was two preferences I would have just selected RS to get in the door.  I'm just thankful got LA2, which will be on my 40th birthday.  Coming from Sydney Australia for it! Pumped. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    BA is not 2 preferences, if you had put in for RES your results should have been the same.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Posts: 312
    Jason7192 said:
    Jason7192 said:

Was STL res your 2nd choice?  Makes no sense that you got rejected email if so. I had Nashville BA at 1, STL BA at 2. 
    @Abe Froman that's correct, STL at 2nd priority.