Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Get_Right said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Hurls15 said:
    I had Toronto BA as 1st choice.  I received my email confirmation at 11:46pmEST last evening.  I was following along on the lottery results thread (and refreshing my email) throughout the entire evening, and could see people reporting that they had just received their Toronto 2nd choice email (even one 3rd choice) before I had received my confirmation email.  I was under the impression that they were going to empty the entire first choice bucket before moving on to people's second or third choices.  It seems like there were other unnamed factors that went into the order in which winners were selected.

I am a relatively high membership number (in 2018) and submitted my picks on Wednesday afternoon. 
    I agree. I've seen quit a few people get their 2nd choices met. And I didnt get my 1st choice. I dont get how that's fair. 
    If your first choice was GA only, it's on you. If your first choice was NYC or Baltimore, that's the chance you take. Noone won NYC or Baltimore with 2nd choice, so this is fair 
    Just curious how you did with the lottery? 
    Me
    Toronto BA 1st priority Won
    St. Louis BA 1st priority Won

My wife
    Toronto GA 1st priority Won
    St. Louis GA 1st priority Lost
    I figured. No offense, but most people who are endlessly defending this process, did quite well. 
    I lost both NY and Baltimore, and like the process. It was basically a 50/50 shot at NYC, and that much better than it has been in the past. Also considering there were only 2 dates in easily the most in demand area of the country. 

10c could go back to the old way where they had significantly less fan club tickets. 
    I understand. There’s no perfect process. It just seemed to bring out the worst from both sides, winners and losers. 
    It is the people not the process. Wait until the seats get assigned. That will be a fun day on the forum.
    Agreed. Many people are going to lose their shit. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Get_Right said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Hurls15 said:
    I had Toronto BA as 1st choice.  I received my email confirmation at 11:46pmEST last evening.  I was following along on the lottery results thread (and refreshing my email) throughout the entire evening, and could see people reporting that they had just received their Toronto 2nd choice email (even one 3rd choice) before I had received my confirmation email.  I was under the impression that they were going to empty the entire first choice bucket before moving on to people's second or third choices.  It seems like there were other unnamed factors that went into the order in which winners were selected.

I am a relatively high membership number (in 2018) and submitted my picks on Wednesday afternoon. 
    I agree. I've seen quit a few people get their 2nd choices met. And I didnt get my 1st choice. I dont get how that's fair. 
    If your first choice was GA only, it's on you. If your first choice was NYC or Baltimore, that's the chance you take. Noone won NYC or Baltimore with 2nd choice, so this is fair 
    Me

My wife
    I figured. No offense, but most people who are endlessly defending this process, did quite well. 
    I lost both NY and Baltimore, and like the process. It was basically a 50/50 shot at NYC, and that much better than it has been in the past. Also considering there were only 2 dates in easily the most in demand area of the country. 

10c could go back to the old way where they had significantly less fan club tickets. 
    I understand. There’s no perfect process. It just seemed to bring out the worst from both sides, winners and losers. 
    It is the people not the process. Wait until the seats get assigned. That will be a fun day on the forum.
    Yea it should be entertaining to say the least 
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I liked the Imma sue you thread better....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Here's Your Explanation Explained... 

PRESALE  RULES - "Ticket Requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority."

Key words.... into consideration.

btw, when do fan club tickets go on sale?  =)
    Just stop with all this is rules language.  “... taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed...” What a bunch of nonsense!!!

Im a longtime dues paying member of this club,  I shouldnt have to be able to comprehend reading at a third grade level in order to get tickets to a concert. What a load of trash.
    Trust me son, I've been a fan and dues paying member a lot longer than you. And I have zero complaints about the lottery process. My post above regarding Presale Rules was meant to inform and educate those who didn't read the rules!
    But if you (jerparker20) feel so entitled that you "shouldnt have to be able to comprehend reading at a third grade level in order to get tickets to a concert", well then i wish you good luck in life. Reading instructions and following directions is always beneficial for success. And I'll assume all those second graders' must have snagged your tickets...   

And yes son, i am entitled. I have two copies of Unplugged on vinyl. Which according to another well respected member entitles me to a private performance by the band in my kitchen on my birthday. 👍
    I'll bring a casserole.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    There's always this for those of us shut out of shows:

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange
    For fans who are unable to use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer North America’s first Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, which will allow fans to resell their tickets for the price they paid (including all fees). The Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange will launch on February 18, 2020. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466
    Poncier said:
    Here's Your Explanation Explained... 

PRESALE  RULES - "Ticket Requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority."

Key words.... into consideration.

btw, when do fan club tickets go on sale?  =)
    Just stop with all this is rules language.  “... taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed...” What a bunch of nonsense!!!

Im a longtime dues paying member of this club,  I shouldnt have to be able to comprehend reading at a third grade level in order to get tickets to a concert. What a load of trash.
    Trust me son, I've been a fan and dues paying member a lot longer than you. And I have zero complaints about the lottery process. My post above regarding Presale Rules was meant to inform and educate those who didn't read the rules!
    But if you (jerparker20) feel so entitled that you "shouldnt have to be able to comprehend reading at a third grade level in order to get tickets to a concert", well then i wish you good luck in life. Reading instructions and following directions is always beneficial for success. And I'll assume all those second graders' must have snagged your tickets...   

And yes son, i am entitled. I have two copies of Unplugged on vinyl. Which according to another well respected member entitles me to a private performance by the band in my kitchen on my birthday. 👍
    I'll bring a casserole.
    We call it a “hot dish” in these parts.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    smithnic said:

For fans who are unable to use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer North America’s first Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, which will allow fans to resell their tickets for the price they paid (including all fees). The Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange will launch on February 18, 2020. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    How those exchanges will work and how many tickets will flow through them is the great big question hanging over this week.  
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • MorboMorbo Posts: 16
    Posted same in another thread, shut out of MSG, requested single seated ticket, member 310xxx. No CC issues.
  • smithnic said:

I think that many of us may be on that site from Feb 18th through the dates of the shows.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • mjd327mjd327 Posts: 160
    JR86440 said:
    amethgr8 said:
    Well, I don't have it ALL figured out, just yet.  My theory doesn't meet with much acceptance here but I kimd of think so.  

Even if not, still just one hat, they do the GA first priority only and BA together until all GA tix are gone. For the GA only 1st priority  requests remaining, they lost and are discarded. The BA remaining go into the Res hat with the others to get drawn or shut out.

waddya think?
    10000 people put in for tickets. Tenclub allots 500 for GA and 4000 for reserved. They start the drawing. Joe Smiths name is picked. His request is BA. He goes into GA. Sally Jones is picked next. She wants reserved so she gets reserved seats. Mark Davis is third person picked. He wanted GA so he goes into GA section. They keep drawing names at random until both GA and reserved are filled. Whether you choose BA or reserved does not help or hurt chances. You pick GA only, obviously that hurts your chances by a lot. Picking GA only makes sense for only a very few people in my opinion..
    I don't know, I feel like this might be wrong. In the New york thread, everybody getting picked early had Best Available, or GA Only. There was nobody with Reserved only. Once we started getting Reserved only, there was no more GA only. I think that they picked all GA first, and then put the remaining people in the reserved pool and kept picking.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    Not sure if the OP did GA only, but the people who did--I just don't get it. What would you expect when the odds are so much lower? Do a backup if you really want tickets! They're still better than anything you'd get on ticketmaster!
    There's been lots of people who claim they didnt get their first pic with BA. Some just started getting confirmation emails yesterday. There was definitely something wrong with the drawing.
  • The fan club is a joke. It's a cash cow for the band at this point.
  • Ninjake79 said:
    The fan club is a joke. It's a cash cow for the band at this point.
    That hardly seems fair. Twenty bucks a pop for a (better) opportunity to see the band live and a few other small perks. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Plenty of other ways the band makes $$. I can't imagine fan club dues factor in much when it comes to the bottom line. Like I say, the benefits are worth $20 a year to me. If that changes, I suppose I will exercise my free will to exit said fan club. That's an option available to any and all dissatisfied with their purchase (i.e. annual dues).
  • Ninjake79 said:
    If the fan club made tons of money, they'd have people and cash to throw at all these problems. They don't. They're clearly struggling. I don't envy them at all.
  • PJ TomPJ Tom Posts: 1
    Same here. I only put in for 1 show, Baltimore, and chose to get any ticket available, putting me in the 99% chance zone.  I didn't even want GA-I just wanted to go to the show. I can sit anywhere. I dont care. I just want to be there.  My 20+ years in the 10 Club got me nothing for the first time ever.  
  • PJ Tom said:
    Same here. I only put in for 1 show, Baltimore, and chose to get any ticket available, putting me in the 99% chance zone.  I didn't even want GA-I just wanted to go to the show. I can sit anywhere. I dont care. I just want to be there.  My 20+ years in the 10 Club got me nothing for the first time ever.  
    But Baltimore didn't end up at 99%. The odds go down as more people enter
  • swany24swany24 Posts: 52
    tdawe said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Hurls15 said:

Me

My wife
    Toronto/St. Louis and MSG/Baltimore is apples vs. oranges. If you put in for BA tickets for the former shows, you got them. It wasn't really a lottery, unless you insisted on GA only. 
    Not true.  I put in for one BA ticket for St. Louis (the only show I could go to) and didn't get it.
  • So ridiculous. 99% to get either floor seats or GA for thr Baltimore show. Got neither. Nothing on verified fan. Nothing on public sale. My favorite band plays my hometown on my birthday and not only do I not get the awesome seats I have received for every local show since 2003 (through 10C), but no tickets at all. Just heartbroken. This new system truly sucks. 
  • PJ Tom said:
    Glad there were others in my boat. Can't wait to see if the night before the show someone gets sick and can use the ticketdickwads app to put them up for sale for me to miss them. What the heck was wrong with the old way for the fan club and let the public use this craptastic system?
  • So ridiculous. 99% to get either floor seats or GA for thr Baltimore show. Got neither. Nothing on verified fan. Nothing on public sale. My favorite band plays my hometown on my birthday and not only do I not get the awesome seats I have received for every local show since 2003 (through 10C), but no tickets at all. Just heartbroken. This new system truly sucks. 
    How much of the problem is the new system? I think the lack of shows in Philly and Pittsburgh have played against you just as much. I have two tickets to Bal that I would never have attempted to get if they had played in my home state. I think the lack of shows in the mid-Atlantic has caused the issue as much as anything. 
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    Ninjake79 said:
    That hardly seems fair. Twenty bucks a pop for a (better) opportunity to see the band live and a few other small perks. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Plenty of other ways the band makes $$. I can't imagine fan club dues factor in much when it comes to the bottom line. Like I say, the benefits are worth $20 a year to me. If that changes, I suppose I will exercise my free will to exit said fan club. That's an option available to any and all dissatisfied with their purchase (i.e. annual dues).

I wouldn't even question not paying it just for the chance at tickets alone.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Ninjake79 said:
    I only got tickets for the two LA shows because of my fan club membership

Nobody said the lottery was 100 percent going to get tickets for everyone, that is the way a lottery works
  • PJ Tom said:
    Glad there were others in my boat. Can't wait to see if the night before the show someone gets sick and can use the ticketdickwads app to put them up for sale for me to miss them. What the heck was wrong with the old way for the fan club and let the public use this craptastic system?
    Again, Balt wasn’t 99%. It was closer to 60% chance for BA by the end. GA was under 20%. If you put in for GA only you did not have great odds
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    edited January 2020
    Ninjake79 said:
    If the fan club made tons of money, they'd have people and cash to throw at all these problems. They don't. They're clearly struggling. I don't envy them at all.

If the band were interested in a cash cow, they would have been gradually raising their ticket prices over the last 20 years the other A list bands and charge triple the price

Do you want to pay $300 a seat face value ? The tickets would be easier to get.

Its a paradox, you dig?

• Someone needs to do one of these for this tour lottery/sale etc...

https://youtu.be/_5NiF2jxpvs
    Awesome :lol:

26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• CJ23113CJ23113 Posts: 187
    I've been in the10c since 1996. They used to have u mail in a check for 1 show only. I think they should go back to that system to make it fair to everyone. I'm sure there are a lot more members now. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    CJ23113 said:
    I've been in the10c since 1996. They used to have u mail in a check for 1 show only. I think they should go back to that system to make it fair to everyone. I'm sure there are a lot more members now. 
    Nobody who got “shut out” in the lottery this year would have been helped by such a system. The people who didn’t get any tickets were people who either were going for MSG/Baltimore (both of which were oversubscribed on first choices) or requesting GA-only (which was oversubscribed for most shows). Making it so that people who want to go to St. Louis and OKC or multiple Canada shows could only get tickets for one show wouldn’t have helped them at all. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • tdawe said:
    CJ23113 said:
    Nobody who got “shut out” in the lottery this year would have been helped by such a system. The people who didn’t get any tickets were people who either were going for MSG/Baltimore (both of which were oversubscribed on first choices) or requesting GA-only (which was oversubscribed for most shows). Making it so that people who want to go to St. Louis and OKC or multiple Canada shows could only get tickets for one show wouldn’t have helped them at all. 
    Exactly, nobody who put NYC or Baltimore 2nd or worst won tickets. This is not a hard concept.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,533
    tdawe said:
    CJ23113 said:
    Exactly, nobody who put NYC or Baltimore 2nd or worst won tickets. This is not a hard concept.

You are technically correct, but in general 10c lotto entrants should not be losing priority status to members that won with their first pick imo.

As far as this tour goes, you are correct, because 
    in effect, they played close to zero east coast shows this tour, because there was never enough shows to split the demand into smaller pieces per show.

did Canada, the central US and California really need the number of shows it got allocated? They created this situation with how the tour was organized. 2 more eastern shows might have split the demand so most members got a reasonable chance at one.

And it’s impossible to fix, because eastern ticket winners, like me for Balt, are eligible to have a first priority all over again in the fall.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    tdawe said:
    CJ23113 said:

You are technically correct, but in general 10c lotto entrants should not be losing priority status to members that won with their first pick imo.

As far as this tour goes, you are correct, because 
    in effect, they played close to zero east coast shows this tour, because there was never enough shows to split the demand into smaller pieces per show.

did Canada, the central US and California really need the number of shows it got allocated? They created this situation with how the tour was organized. 2 more eastern shows might have split the demand so most members got a reasonable chance at one.

And it’s impossible to fix, because eastern ticket winners, like me for Balt, are eligible to have a first priority all over again in the fall.
    I suppose technically 2 is close to zero...