***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• DOCCABODOCCABO Posts: 52
    PJPADDLER said:
    Spurs14 said:
    No conspiracy for me.  Credit card is fine, I got my #1 pick of oak 1 BA, charged, emailed, all that.  Been doing these things long enough to know my credit card in the system is valid, my emails match, etc.  only did one entry for fear of fucking it up if I made changes. Not getting oak 2 BA for my second of two picks makes me scratch my head when I see oak 2 getting picked as a 5-6 choice.
    I'm in the same boat for LA 1 BA priority 2.  No rejection e-mail yet.  I will "patiently" wait until Sunday evening for my ticket.
    Got LA 2 BA with priority 1 on the same confirmed ticket request so there isn't an issue on my end.

Same here...head scratcher  
    Me three for no response for LA 1 BA priority 2 after getting LA 2 BA priority 1...
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    PJPADDLER said:
    Spurs14 said:
    No conspiracy for me.  Credit card is fine, I got my #1 pick of oak 1 BA, charged, emailed, all that.  Been doing these things long enough to know my credit card in the system is valid, my emails match, etc.  only did one entry for fear of fucking it up if I made changes. Not getting oak 2 BA for my second of two picks makes me scratch my head when I see oak 2 getting picked as a 5-6 choice.
    I'm in the same boat for LA 1 BA priority 2.  No rejection e-mail yet.  I will "patiently" wait until Sunday evening for my ticket.
    Got LA 2 BA with priority 1 on the same confirmed ticket request so there isn't an issue on my end.

Same here...head scratcher  
    That makes three of us. I got LA2 BA with priority 1 and haven't received any sort of confirmation or rejection email about LA1 with priority 2. 

Seems like there might be a connection here. Did you put in requests for any other show? (I did San Diego BA as priority 3)

Is there anyone who did LA2 BA priority 1 / LA1 BA priority 2 who has gotten emails about both shows?

• KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    I’m another one with LA2 BA first choice, LA1 BA second choice who won first and have not heard anything about my second.

I have San Diego as my third and Oakland at 4 and 5. I got my tickets for both Oakland.

I chose BA for 8 shows and my wife chose GA for the same 8 shows. She had LA 1 as first choice and LA 2 and second and didn’t get either. She did get Oakland 1 GA as her fourth choice and hasn’t heard anything on Oakland 2 as her fifth choice.
  • BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    When are they pulling Baltimore?
    today Saturday
  • Spurs14 said:

Wow I have the exact same order as you. Same thing happened. No response either way on my LA1 BA Priority 2 order for a single ticket. 

Once again I filled out everything correct I have an email confirmation showing what I requested, and got a confirmation of winning my 1st choice which was LA2 BA, so nothing wrong with my account or credit card. 

Something has got to change. These are my home town shows. They need to make a new policy, based on area / Zip code where the first tickets should go only to the people whom are closest to that show. Anything left over goes into a lottery for whomever else wants to try for them. 

Does not make sense that I can not get my 2nd pick in my own city when I see people getting 3,4 or more shows with priority numbers above mine for the same show that I did not get. 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    TA243471 said:
    ok, seems when two shows being processed at the same time, your second show second priority is skipped. how do we make 10c/TM aware of this so we can get fixed and get the shows that we should under their own rules? 
    Didn't work that way for me. Got both Oakland shows, only at 2nd and 4th, so maybe you are only talking about LA.  I did get LA1 in 1st, but nothing for LA2 in 5the. No ticket, or notice for LA2 yet.

Oh, maybe you are just talking about 1st and 2and for same show.  That wasn't how mine went.

There seems to be a decent number of people that never received an email about winning or losing LA2. I'm one of them. My card did get hit twice (I did get a confirmation on LA1), so I think I got tickets. I just don't know for sure yet.
  • Here’s a question, for anybody that won both LA shows did you put them in Priority 1 & 2?

From reading these threads it is looking like a lot of people that did put them in for the 1st & 2nd priority only got 1 show, and the people that put them in different priorities got both of them. 

Any chance we were never put into the lottery for the 2nd priority which is why we never got a response back either way. 

It seems like they completely missed are 2nd choice of tickets for the LA venue. 
    If so this is a HUGE mistake that needs to be corrected.  

• NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    edited January 2020
    GR280729 said:

My only show pick was Balt and the RES odds are stated as 65%. Since many will be selecting Balt with a 2 or 3 pick, my first priority pick should have odds higher than 65%. Maybe 85%. And I though when I applied only my first pick mattered due to the few shows in the east

Now it seems possible that the TM algorithm is not handling BA as the rules seem to indicate. 

First it seems since the RES odds are very high for all shows, BA might be categorized as GA for odds calculation thus significantly overstating odds

Second, as the OP stated in the best avail topic, it seems possible that the algorithm is treating BA as two separate picks. So our reserved picks are being dropped to second priority effectively eliminating us from the draw

it seems there are plenty of fans picking BA complaining about getting shut out for 99% shows.

Its possible my odds appeared as good as 85% but in reality are 10%. Thats a fairly huge difference.
    I think this is partially correct.  BA was added to GA and not reserved so the 85% is overstated.  Once the GA is filled, the BA became a reserved 1st priority but since all the new BAs are added in, the 85% is now much lower.  So the reserved % is really not as high as the odds stated

I have nothing though on how a 4th priority BA can beat out a 2nd priority BA though.
    How do you know BA is only applied to the GA odds? From a technology perspective it most likely that all the BA button does is select the GA and Reserved options for you, and in the database they have fields for GA and Reserved , but not BA. The odds would then be calculated by totalling the number of entries that have GA or reserved selected (depending on which you are calculating) and dividing by the available tickets of the corresponding type. 
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    In 2016, when there were two shows in NY and Philly, you could only win for one of them. Of course, that was clearly stated in he rules. Is it possible that was the case for LA?
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I promised myself I wouldn't be glued to the computer, check my CC or be anxious about NYC today,  Well, it's 6:47 am and I have been up for an hour thinking I can just peek!  LOL.  57% does not make me very comfotable at all :fearful:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Image result for head spinning gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    Gludfssr said:
    Here’s a question, for anybody that won both LA shows did you put them in Priority 1 & 2?

From reading these threads it is looking like a lot of people that did put them in for the 1st & 2nd priority only got 1 show, and the people that put them in different priorities got both of them. 

Any chance we were never put into the lottery for the 2nd priority which is why we never got a response back either way. 

It seems like they completely missed are 2nd choice of tickets for the LA venue. 

For what it’s worth... My brother had LA as his first and second choices and won both.  He had Best Available selected for both. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• So what the hell happened? I just got up and I still have no email or cc charge for my second pick, OAK 2 BA.  I got my first pick OAK 1 BA yesterday at like 4pm cst but it’s almost like my second pick was overlooked or passed by or something.  How are people getting their 4th 5th and 6th picks but I don’t even get an email about my 2nd?

very confused
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    So, day 1 they did the Canada shows in order of least demand to most demand. Day 2, they appear to have gone in chronological order (Denver, LA, Oakland). What will Day 3 bring? Do Baltimore and MSG come earlier in the day? Or are the east coasters waiting until the wee hours to learn their fate?
  • So what the hell happened? I just got up and I still have no email or cc charge for my second pick, OAK 2 BA.  I got my first pick OAK 1 BA yesterday at like 4pm cst but it’s almost like my second pick was overlooked or passed by or something.  How are people getting their 4th 5th and 6th picks but I don’t even get an email about my 2nd?

very confused
    Maybe your credit card flagged it as a duplicate charge? 

very confused
    I’m going to call them right now and see
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    Sending out good vibes to everyone today. 

Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 831
    edited January 2020
    Gludfssr said:
    Here’s a question, for anybody that won both LA shows did you put them in Priority 1 & 2?

I put LA1 BA priority 1 and LA2 Reserved Priority 2.  I won both and the confirmation emails came at the same time.  Both were for single tickets.
    Post edited by AmishGuy91 on

very confused
    Just got off the phone with my credit card co.  No issues they said, the card was charged once yesterday at 4pm and there was no duplicate or other attempt.  So no user error.  I’m guessing one of two things- the process took a lot longer than they thought yesterday so they postponed it until this morning, and in a few hours we’ll all get rejection emails, or something’s fucked up and they were intending to get those shows done yesterday as they said they would but there was a computer issue of some kind 

very confused
    Just got off the phone with my credit card co.  No issues they said, the card was charged once yesterday at 4pm and there was no duplicate or other attempt.  So no user error.  I’m guessing one of two things- the process took a lot longer than they thought yesterday so they postponed it until this morning, and in a few hours we’ll all get rejection emails, or something’s fucked up and they were intending to get those shows done yesterday as they said they would but there was a computer issue of some kind 
    I'm in exact same position as you and many others. I only had 2 picks. OAK 2 (BA first Priority) which I got confirmation email  at 22.14 UK time .   OAK 2 (BA Second Choice)  - no email , nothing.  Credit card no issues.  
    So, just waiting it out. I honestly thought 99% seats meant BA would come in. It is weird because I usually only put in for reserved seats anyway as I am too short to do GA really.  I just thought BA would be best chance!

very confused
    Agreed, it was just a thought that maybe that happened. Hopefully more You're going to see Pearl Jam emails come out this morning for yesterday's shows
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2020
    Speaking of Brace for Impact -  here’s a little gem for you all while you wait- 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BlOk5wV0DRo
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    Best of luck to the Balt and MSG ticket seekers today. Fingers crossed!!!
    Drdeal said:
    When should we know?
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Drdeal said:
    When should we know?
    Today.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Drdeal said:
    +1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Has NY started yet? Asking for a friend...
    ecdanc said:
    Drdeal said:
    When should we know?
    Today.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited January 2020
    Once more unto the breach...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    I'm really hoping that there is an error on their end, it sure seems like there is a glitch of some sort happening.

It seems like the shows with 2 dates are the cause for most of the discreprencies right now.  Other than the people who have errors for their single show requests.