***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• Have they announced which shows get drawn tomorrow yet?
    Oh my god, the answer is literally on this page in the thread.
    Lol!  I feel a bit like a dumbass.  OK a lot like a dumbass.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • 405OK405OK Posts: 100
    how is GA not based on 10C seniority? 
    I can’t keep up with all the jokes vs reality. Some sort of 10 club inception going on ha 
    A joke within a joke.. how many levels deep can we go without coming back?
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
  • radial21radial21 Posts: 228
    I have great sympathy for everyone who hasn’t gotten tickets, especially those losing shows with priority 1-2 when the odds seemingly guarantee you seats.  I can’t help but think that something is going on behind the scenes though to cause that.  Whether it’s credit card issues, account or email issues, something has to be causing the issue.  It still seems like there are a very small group of people who have abnormal results, for the strong majority the lottery seems to be working as it should (as in winning 6th priority for a 99% show)

There is really no explanation for a Best Available 1st choice to lose out on the shows drawn so far other than some type of issue on the users end.  I hope everyone affected can get it resolved, but I choose to believe that Ticketmaster is running the lottery the correct way.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    radial21 said:
    I have great sympathy for everyone who hasn’t gotten tickets, especially those losing shows with priority 1-2 when the odds seemingly guarantee you seats.  I can’t help but think that something is going on behind the scenes though to cause that.  Whether it’s credit card issues, account or email issues, something has to be causing the issue.  It still seems like there are a very small group of people who have abnormal results, for the strong majority the lottery seems to be working as it should (as in winning 6th priority for a 99% show)

There is really no explanation for a Best Available 1st choice to lose out on the shows drawn so far other than some type of issue on the users end.  I hope everyone affected can get it resolved, but I choose to believe that Ticketmaster is running the lottery the correct way.
    Well I got one show as my first choice, and zero on second show when people are reporting 5th and 6th priority for that show... since it worked for one show - my account, TM, payment and requests are all setup correctly ... this is TMs problem!
  • Well I got one show as my first choice, and zero on second show when people are reporting 5th and 6th priority for that show... since it worked for one show - my account, TM, payment and requests are all setup correctly ... this is TMs problem!
    Did you possibly make any changes after your initial submission?
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    To me the main question is, how does anybody NOT get a best available selection with 99% odds for reserved? 

If some BA entries become GA selections, shouldn't a 99% chance at reserved selection become even more guaranteed? 

I think the answer can be found in incorrect odds, or customer error, or poor selection programming, or some combination thereof. The odds say that anyone selecting BA or Reserved should have gotten tickets today. 
  • 405OK405OK Posts: 100
    Just prior to selecting shows, I went into payment options on my Ticketmaster account and noticed an outdated cc as my default payment option and updated accordingly. Without receiving a $1/0 verification email, I’m just waiting til my show draws on Sunday. Its possible these few who have been denied shows have outdated cc’s as their payment option. I’m glad I caught it myself. 
    2013 - OKC
    2014 -Tulsa
    2016 - Chicago 1
    2018 - Seattle 1 & 2
    2021 - Ohana I Ohana Encore 1 & 2 
    2022 - Louisville I OKC
    2023 - Ft. Worth 1 & 2 I Austin 1 & 2
    Well I got one show as my first choice, and zero on second show when people are reporting 5th and 6th priority for that show... since it worked for one show - my account, TM, payment and requests are all setup correctly ... this is TMs problem!

yes changed once...changed Sunday from GA to BA and got that 
  • Well I got one show as my first choice, and zero on second show when people are reporting 5th and 6th priority for that show... since it worked for one show - my account, TM, payment and requests are all setup correctly ... this is TMs problem!

And when you resubmitted, did you resubmit both shows or just one?
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    405OK said:
    Just prior to selecting shows, I went into payment options on my Ticketmaster account and noticed an outdated cc as my default payment option and updated accordingly. Without receiving a $1/0 verification email, I’m just waiting til my show draws on Sunday. Its possible these few who have been denied shows have outdated cc’s as their payment option. I’m glad I caught it myself. 
    It really means nothing until your selected shows are chosen and they go in to attempt to charge your cc - nothing mattered prior to that occurring.  I also believe if selected, and your card doesn't work, they'd contact you to remit payment.  They are also going to use the cc you supplied when you made your entry....
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

Did you re-submit the show you didn’t make changes to at that time as well?  Because if not you would no longer be entered in the drawing for it.....
  • Rest up everyone. Something tells me tomorrow is going to be a bumpy ride!
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Have they announced which shows get drawn tomorrow yet?
    Oh my god, the answer is literally on this page in the thread.
    HAHAHA

Ticket Request Processing Schedule:

• Jan 16th - Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec City, Hamilton 
    • Jan 17th - Denver, LA 1 & LA 2, Oakland 1 & Oakland 2
    • Jan 18th - Baltimore, New York, Nashville, St. Louis
    • Jan 19th - Oklahoma City, Phoenix, San Diego
  • The odds had to be wrong and it should have been very obvious they were. If a GA had 50% it had to be wrong. Most of the floors would have at most 800-1000 seats for GA that means if only 1000 people put in for GA that would be 2000 total tickets Putting it at 50%. I think we could all agree there is no way that only 1000 people put in for GA. In the case of NYC being like 30% that means only 2500-3000 people had requested GA. That couldn’t possibly be right. 

After all the Canada dates giving up almost everyone’s tickets I think there was some false hop for these big market US shows. 
    Vancouver 05-11-00, Vancouver 05-30-03, Hamilton 09-13-05, Toronto 05-10-06, Toronto 08-21-09, Toronto 09-11/12-11, London 07-16-13, Buffalo 10-12-13, Ottawa 05-08-2016, Toronto 05-10-2016, Toronto 05-12-2016, Seatle 08-10-2018
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Damn. Just checked my TM profile.  First name only.  I just changed it.  My show, St. Louis, draws tomorrow.  Am I OK, now?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • No conspiracy for me.  Credit card is fine, I got my #1 pick of oak 1 BA, charged, emailed, all that.  Been doing these things long enough to know my credit card in the system is valid, my emails match, etc.  only did one entry for fear of fucking it up if I made changes. Not getting oak 2 BA for my second of two picks makes me scratch my head when I see oak 2 getting picked as a 5-6 choice.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    No conspiracy for me.  Credit card is fine, I got my #1 pick of oak 1 BA, charged, emailed, all that.  Been doing these things long enough to know my credit card in the system is valid, my emails match, etc.  only did one entry for fear of fucking it up if I made changes. Not getting oak 2 BA for my second of two picks makes me scratch my head when I see oak 2 getting picked as a 5-6 choice.
    Did you get a rejection email for Oak 2?
  • radial21 said:
    No conspiracy for me.  Credit card is fine, I got my #1 pick of oak 1 BA, charged, emailed, all that.  Been doing these things long enough to know my credit card in the system is valid, my emails match, etc.  only did one entry for fear of fucking it up if I made changes. Not getting oak 2 BA for my second of two picks makes me scratch my head when I see oak 2 getting picked as a 5-6 choice.
    I'm completely in the same mindframe as you.  But i haven't got a rejection, so maybe the strangeness will all be sorted out...  Still super happy to be able to see at least one show.
    Well we've been a good few hours drinking
    So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
    If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
    Then we might as well have a parade
  • radial21 said:
    No, I may be premature, you’re right, I may just be freaking out a bit. Got the first one 6 hrs ago though so I feel like the delay is a negative thing since others seem to be getting oak pics 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    radial21 said:
    No, I may be premature, you’re right, I may just be freaking out a bit. Got the first one 6 hrs ago though so I feel like the delay is a negative thing since others seem to be getting oak pics 
    Hoping it works out for you, but I wouldn’t assume anything till you get an email.  I saw someone else post that they spoke with a Ticketmaster rep and they said results would be coming in through Sunday.  Not sure why it would take that long, but keep the faith!

And when you resubmitted, did you resubmit both shows or just one?
    Both,.... I got the email confirming both... same as the first Email... and nearly 500 dollar total 

• KralkatlKralkatl Raleigh, NC Posts: 22
    Does anyone have the breakdown of what the odds were at the end of the lottery open period? I wonder if some of these 99 percents for the reserved seats dropped much right at the end. (I understand that they might have been 99% on Monday afternoon but they go down over the lottery period. NYC was at ~50% and Baltimore was at ~65% for reserved seating last I looked Wed afternoon)
  • Both,.... I got the email confirming both... same as the first Email... and nearly 500 dollar total 

Ok, that rules that out. Did you get a rejection email? 
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 252
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by Spurs14 on
  • radial21 said:
    Rejection emails came out for me last night around 9:15 PST
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited January 2020
    This morning it seemed like user error. California seems to have blown a hole in that theory. 10c needs to clarify what is going on.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 117
    WARNING. IF YOU ARE EASILY BUTT HURT DO NOT READ THIS POST. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    The only people so far to think they have been screwed are :

1.) Those who picked GA only, thus dwindling their chances of getting IN THE DOOR significantly and the reason those with priority's of 2, 3, and even four got tickets to said show. They had a 99% chance of scoring RESERVED seats with their 4th priority and the GA only had 0%. of scoring RESERVED seats. Their are way more reserved seats available than GA. This is common sense. So in reality, they took a chance, and lost, but they weren't screwed.
    Per the email we all received from Ten Club prior to the lottery sign ups: 
    *****Step 4. Select the first show you’d like to request tickets for. In the resulting window, select the number of tickets (1 or 2) and desired ticket type (GA PIT, Reserved Seating, or both). You may request both GA and Reserved tickets, but can only possibly be confirmed for one or the other.****
    It's simple math. Failure to understand the math, not the lottery screwing you, you screwed yourself if you really wanted to see the show but are a pit snob. Next time, choose BA if you dont want to get shut out.

2.) Human Error. Several people have admitted to making choices and then going back to TM to add more shows, change number of tickets, whatever.
     This is what is posted on the TM webiste :
    *****I need to adjust my Ten Club ticket request, what should I do?

To adjust any part of your request, a new request must be submitted. To do so, tap here to go back to the site, sign in and submit a new request. We’ll only keep the details of your last submission. The deadline to submit new or updated requests is Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59 p.m. PT.*****

Now I don't know about everyone, but when I encounter something new, I try to get as much information as possible, in this case, a new ticket process. And I didn't sit around all day reading the boards wasting hours of my time reading through posts about nothing  trying to get some info. I read all the info made available to me from the two parties I knew that I had to deal with to get tickets, Ten Cub and Ticketmaster. Yes, TM had some things to say also like the example I just posted  https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2020/  . It's a 10 minute, easy to understand read and is clearly posted on TM. Took about 20 minutes total of my time on the day of the announcement because I read it twice. Because it was new. And wanted to make sure I understood it.

3.) Human Error (again) . This was in the email we all got also from Ten Club

****Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club membership account.   ****

Read reason #2 again. READ, haha, get it?

4.) Credit Card issues. Now has anyone had a problem and actually received a call ?

****- If for any reason your card declines at the time your request is being confirmed, you will be contacted by Tickets Today. ****

Because if anyone is having problems that don't pertain to the above listed three mistakes most people who got "screwed" made, this is where I'd start to look. And this problem isnt caused by the new lottery system.

But we're only half way through this new process, new problems could arise, but so far, so good if you ask me. And I get to really suffer tomorrow waiting to find out about the 1 show I put in for , Baltimore BA . Originally had both Balt and MSG BA and MSG BA being my first choice, but chickened out out at the last second and dropped MSG. Why? Only people with either show as their first priority are going to get tickets I believe. Baltimore had slightly better odds, its a Sat. vs. Mon. night, and being from Philly and 90 miles from either venue, should say born and raised in Philly, FUCK NEW YORK, Cant stand that toilet bowl of city now filled with 85%condescending yuppie douche bags from somewhere else bragging about the Yankees or The Giants or even worse, the fucking Mets. Baltimore hands down lol. 

Good luck everyone with the rest of the lottery. 

'92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 Atlantic City 09.30, Atlantic City 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14
    '24 Philly 09.07  Philly 09.09  Baltimore 09.12
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edited January 2020
    Sounds like some people did all that and didnt get their 1st priority, which was BA.

While others got that same show, BA, as their 2nd or 3rd.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • WARNING. IF YOU ARE EASILY BUTT HURT DO NOT READ THIS POST. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    The only people so far to think they have been screwed are :

1.) Those who picked GA only, thus dwindling their chances of getting IN THE DOOR significantly and the reason those with priority's of 2, 3, and even four got tickets to said show. They had a 99% chance of scoring RESERVED seats with their 4th priority and the GA only had 0%. of scoring RESERVED seats. Their are way more reserved seats available than GA. This is common sense. So in reality, they took a chance, and lost, but they weren't screwed.
    Per the email we all received from Ten Club prior to the lottery sign ups: 
    *****Step 4. Select the first show you’d like to request tickets for. In the resulting window, select the number of tickets (1 or 2) and desired ticket type (GA PIT, Reserved Seating, or both). You may request both GA and Reserved tickets, but can only possibly be confirmed for one or the other.****
    It's simple math. Failure to understand the math, not the lottery screwing you, you screwed yourself if you really wanted to see the show but are a pit snob. Next time, choose BA if you dont want to get shut out.

2.) Human Error. Several people have admitted to making choices and then going back to TM to add more shows, change number of tickets, whatever.
     This is what is posted on the TM webiste :
    *****I need to adjust my Ten Club ticket request, what should I do?

To adjust any part of your request, a new request must be submitted. To do so, tap here to go back to the site, sign in and submit a new request. We’ll only keep the details of your last submission. The deadline to submit new or updated requests is Wednesday, January 15 at 11:59 p.m. PT.*****

Now I don't know about everyone, but when I encounter something new, I try to get as much information as possible, in this case, a new ticket process. And I didn't sit around all day reading the boards wasting hours of my time reading through posts about nothing  trying to get some info. I read all the info made available to me from the two parties I knew that I had to deal with to get tickets, Ten Cub and Ticketmaster. Yes, TM had some things to say also like the example I just posted  https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2020/  . It's a 10 minute, easy to understand read and is clearly posted on TM. Took about 20 minutes total of my time on the day of the announcement because I read it twice. Because it was new. And wanted to make sure I understood it.

3.) Human Error (again) . This was in the email we all got also from Ten Club

****Step 2. On the resulting Ticket Request site, sign in to your Ticketmaster account, or create a new one if you don’t have one. Your name under your Ticketmaster account must match your name under your Ten Club membership account.   ****

Read reason #2 again. READ, haha, get it?

4.) Credit Card issues. Now has anyone had a problem and actually received a call ?

****- If for any reason your card declines at the time your request is being confirmed, you will be contacted by Tickets Today. ****

Because if anyone is having problems that don't pertain to the above listed three mistakes most people who got "screwed" made, this is where I'd start to look. And this problem isnt caused by the new lottery system.

But we're only half way through this new process, new problems could arise, but so far, so good if you ask me. And I get to really suffer tomorrow waiting to find out about the 1 show I put in for , Baltimore BA . Originally had both Balt and MSG BA and MSG BA being my first choice, but chickened out out at the last second and dropped MSG. Why? Only people with either show as their first priority are going to get tickets I believe. Baltimore had slightly better odds, its a Sat. vs. Mon. night, and being from Philly and 90 miles from either venue, should say born and raised in Philly, FUCK NEW YORK, Cant stand that toilet bowl of city now filled with 85%condescending yuppie douche bags from somewhere else bragging about the Yankees or The Giants or even worse, the fucking Mets. Baltimore hands down lol. 

Good luck everyone with the rest of the lottery. 

Thank you for the informative and honest post!  
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 252
    I'm in the same boat for LA 1 BA priority 2.  No rejection e-mail yet.  I will "patiently" wait until Sunday evening for my ticket.
    Got LA 2 BA with priority 1 on the same confirmed ticket request so there isn't an issue on my end.