***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• Don’t think this has been discussed anywhere in the forum yet. What shows are being drawn today?
    Wrigley IX and Moline
  • Don’t think this has been discussed anywhere in the forum yet. What shows are being drawn today?
    Wrigley IX and Moline
    Sweet! Fingers crossed!!!
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Don’t think this has been discussed anywhere in the forum yet. What shows are being drawn today?
    First 4 US: Baltimore, MSG, Nashville, STL
  • stanudesstanudes Posts: 117
    edited January 2020
    Has anyone been picked and not had a $0 or $1 charge on their CC from when you selected inutially? Neither me or my GF showed a TicketsToday hold. Just curious. Has us concerned a bit. 
    Post edited by stanudes on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    edited January 2020
    Don’t think this has been discussed anywhere in the forum yet. What shows are being drawn today?
    Only Houston and the spectrum.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    All 3 or just the first one?
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
    stanudes said:
    Has anyone been picked and not had a $0 or $1 charge on their CC. 
    Neither me or my GF showed a TicketsToday hold. Just curious. Has us concerned a bit. 
    It's a temp hold, so could have been there and dropped without you noticing it.  I checked mine a couple times, never saw it, not there now, waiting for MSG and Nashville
  • fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 137
    Wrigley IX and Moline
    Wrigley IX and Moline
    Moline..Moline... It must have been a dream!!!
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    stanudes said:
    Neither me or my GF showed a TicketsToday hold. Just curious. Has us concerned a bit. 
    4 shows won yesterday without any holds.
    RELAX.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    mcgruff10 said:
    All five.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    dmbolp said:
    stanudes said:
    It's a temp hold, so could have been there and dropped without you noticing it.  I checked mine a couple times, never saw it, not there now, waiting for MSG and Nashville
    A lot of people seem to have missed the part where they said you MAY be charged a $1 hold. This is not the same for every bank or card provider. I have had plenty of holds in the past and also plenty of times where it never showed up. This is not IMO something to worry about. I didn't get a hold for this lotto and I'm not concerned. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    All five.  
    Oh shiiiiii. Didn’t realize they added 2 more. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    fgdanzi said:
    Wrigley IX and Moline
    Wrigley IX and Moline

I missed on the 10C lottery for that one.... got tickets through TM general sale - the page sat spinning for like 45 mintutes... before it refreshed - I sat in the nosebleeds that night!!!
  • In this 60+ pages of madness did anyone get a screenshot of "final odds" for shows...Really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.  More of a curiosity thing for future reference...I went for GA in Hamilton, Toronto & Denver thus far and "struck out" 0 for 3...
    First - Knoxville '98
    Last - Boston night 2 '18
    14 shows in between
    Bing
  • BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    My question: will there be a lot of fan to fan tickets available? I.E people who put in for multiple pairs and have an extra pair?
    Which shows you doing?
    Just Baltimore, going to see an old friend ;)
    Nice. As a first pick BA BAL has to be a for sure. Good luck!
    My friend just opened a bar there, I would like for some PJ fans to mob his place and show him the economic power  we bring with us!!!
    Ok which one and what time
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    So if you get fully shut out of all your requests , 10c sending you a Kong poster right? I mean you have a right to win the lottery every time so they should make good 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • fgdanzi said:
    Wrigley IX and Moline
    Wrigley IX and Moline

I missed on the 10C lottery for that one.... got tickets through TM general sale - the page sat spinning for like 45 mintutes... before it refreshed - I sat in the nosebleeds that night!!!
    No wonder you hate everyone. At least you were there, I suppose. 
    Bmyers said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    My question: will there be a lot of fan to fan tickets available? I.E people who put in for multiple pairs and have an extra pair?
    Which shows you doing?
    Just Baltimore, going to see an old friend ;)
    Nice. As a first pick BA BAL has to be a for sure. Good luck!
    My friend just opened a bar there, I would like for some PJ fans to mob his place and show him the economic power  we bring with us!!!
    Ok which one and what time

https://www.baltimoresun.com/food-drink/bs-fe-dutch-courage-20191113-dvhtyevgp5hclfrcp4cr4ydduu-story.html

• So, I heard back on 5 shows. I got one, San Diego. One out of five CA shows. Over it. 
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Declined for Oakland 1&2 GA as 5th & 6th priority. 
  • So, I heard back on 5 shows. I got one, San Diego. One out of five CA shows. Over it. 
    I thought SD was tomorrow?
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    So, I heard back on 5 shows. I got one, San Diego. One out of five CA shows. Over it. 
    Now that's funny. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • JAYHBJAYHB Posts: 76
    jefft said:
    I'm really hoping that there is an error on their end, it sure seems like there is a glitch of some sort happening.

It seems like the shows with 2 dates are the cause for most of the discreprencies right now.  Other than the people who have errors for their single show requests.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    GR280729 said:

My only show pick was Balt and the RES odds are stated as 65%. Since many will be selecting Balt with a 2 or 3 pick, my first priority pick should have odds higher than 65%. Maybe 85%. And I though when I applied only my first pick mattered due to the few shows in the east

Now it seems possible that the TM algorithm is not handling BA as the rules seem to indicate. 

First it seems since the RES odds are very high for all shows, BA might be categorized as GA for odds calculation thus significantly overstating odds

Second, as the OP stated in the best avail topic, it seems possible that the algorithm is treating BA as two separate picks. So our reserved picks are being dropped to second priority effectively eliminating us from the draw

it seems there are plenty of fans picking BA complaining about getting shut out for 99% shows.

Its possible my odds appeared as good as 85% but in reality are 10%. Thats a fairly huge difference.
    I think this is partially correct.  BA was added to GA and not reserved so the 85% is overstated.  Once the GA is filled, the BA became a reserved 1st priority but since all the new BAs are added in, the 85% is now much lower.  So the reserved % is really not as high as the odds stated

I have nothing though on how a 4th priority BA can beat out a 2nd priority BA though.
    How do you know BA is only applied to the GA odds? From a technology perspective it most likely that all the BA button does is select the GA and Reserved options for you, and in the database they have fields for GA and Reserved , but not BA. The odds would then be calculated by totalling the number of entries that have GA or reserved selected (depending on which you are calculating) and dividing by the available tickets of the corresponding type. 

So how is BA calculated into the RES odds before the draw takes place?

We were trying to figure out why fans are losing their top priority show to lower priority picks or receiving Dear John emails for 99% shows. It seems 99% is not really 99% as a lot of Oak fans claiming denial for 99% picks.

It seems in addition to the name verification in step 2, the email entered in step 9 must match our 10c email and TM account email, although there is no reference of an email verification process
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    GR280729 said:

My only show pick was Balt and the RES odds are stated as 65%. Since many will be selecting Balt with a 2 or 3 pick, my first priority pick should have odds higher than 65%. Maybe 85%. And I though when I applied only my first pick mattered due to the few shows in the east

Now it seems possible that the TM algorithm is not handling BA as the rules seem to indicate. 

First it seems since the RES odds are very high for all shows, BA might be categorized as GA for odds calculation thus significantly overstating odds

Second, as the OP stated in the best avail topic, it seems possible that the algorithm is treating BA as two separate picks. So our reserved picks are being dropped to second priority effectively eliminating us from the draw

it seems there are plenty of fans picking BA complaining about getting shut out for 99% shows.

Its possible my odds appeared as good as 85% but in reality are 10%. Thats a fairly huge difference.
    I think this is partially correct.  BA was added to GA and not reserved so the 85% is overstated.  Once the GA is filled, the BA became a reserved 1st priority but since all the new BAs are added in, the 85% is now much lower.  So the reserved % is really not as high as the odds stated

I have nothing though on how a 4th priority BA can beat out a 2nd priority BA though.
    How do you know BA is only applied to the GA odds? From a technology perspective it most likely that all the BA button does is select the GA and Reserved options for you, and in the database they have fields for GA and Reserved , but not BA. The odds would then be calculated by totalling the number of entries that have GA or reserved selected (depending on which you are calculating) and dividing by the available tickets of the corresponding type. 

So how is BA calculated into the RES odds before the draw takes place?

We were trying to figure out why fans are losing their top priority show to lower priority picks or receiving Dear John emails for 99% shows. It seems 99% is not really 99% as a lot of Oak fans claiming denial for 99% picks.

It seems in addition to the name verification in step 2, the email entered in step 9 must match our 10c email and TM account email, although there is no reference of an email verification process
    Others here have suggested this last part is not the case. 

As for the Dear John emails, I think you hit it on the head earlier: people are getting the "too much demand" email even if there's some other reason they didn't get tickets. That is shitty, but it fits the evidence. 
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    Just checked my ticketmaster account and was missing my last name. Updated it and lets see what happens today. 

If I don't get Nashville BA at 99% first position at least I will have an idea. 

Then its off to slum it with the commoners! 
  • stanudes said:
    Has anyone been picked and not had a $0 or $1 charge on their CC from when you selected inutially? Neither me or my GF showed a TicketsToday hold. Just curious. Has us concerned a bit. 
    Yes, no hold or charge and was picked on Thursday and yesterday.......
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
    05/16/24 - Vegas
    05/18/24 - Vegas
    Are these all new for 10C ticketing this year?:
    • $1 Temp charge
    • Best Available
    • "too much demand" e-mails
    These are all long-standing things with DMB/MUSICTODAY ticketing, just trying to figure out how MUSICTODAY is handling PJ differently/similarly than DMB
  • fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 137
    fgdanzi said:
    Wrigley IX and Moline
    Wrigley IX and Moline

fgdanzi said:
    fgdanzi said:
    Wrigley IX and Moline
    Wrigley IX and Moline

I forgot to mention I flew 8 hours and drove another 6 hours to get there too ;)