***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Yep...I messed up #3...never occured to me that my last name wasn't even on it...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Spurs14 said:
    No conspiracy for me.  Credit card is fine, I got my #1 pick of oak 1 BA, charged, emailed, all that.  Been doing these things long enough to know my credit card in the system is valid, my emails match, etc.  only did one entry for fear of fucking it up if I made changes. Not getting oak 2 BA for my second of two picks makes me scratch my head when I see oak 2 getting picked as a 5-6 choice.
    I'm in the same boat for LA 1 BA priority 2.  No rejection e-mail yet.  I will "patiently" wait until Sunday evening for my ticket.
    Got LA 2 BA with priority 1 on the same confirmed ticket request so there isn't an issue on my end.

Same here...head scratcher  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    OnWis97 said:
    Yep...I messed up #3...never occured to me that my last name wasn't even on it...
    Sorry about that 

If fans lose out on a cc or name issue fine, don’t send them an email saying it was due to demand.

Hoagie says so far so good so it must be true. Poor Moses.
  • Tomorrow will be an interesting read here as MSG and Baltimore are released.  There will be a lot of Ls taken I suspect.  I am just hoping my one show I went for (PHX) comes through Sunday or else it is other avenues.  Either way not the end of the world for me.  I keep expectations low for the possible letdown.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 117
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Sounds like some people did all that and didnt get their 1st priority, which was BA.

While others got that same show, BA, as their 2nd or 3rd.

People lie all the time, even more when they didn't get what they wanted or fucked up and dont want to admit it. I have two confirmation emails from Tickets Today. Whats to stop me from posting the first, invalid because of the second one, confirmation email and scream how I got screwed? People do weird shit and have weird motives. Especially among strangers online. Now may a legit case or two happen where something goes wrong? It could, but I doubt it. Why? Cause when shit does go wrong in something like this, it's widespread and affects many people, not just a handful. Think about it. Who remembers the whole F5 fiasco lol?

I'm not saying everyone who got shut out is lying either, but I think if they check out everything they did, step by step, they will see where they made their mistake once they calm down. And hopefully they let us know, like my other have already once they figured out what went wrong.
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 Atlantic City 09.30, Atlantic City 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14
    '24 Philly 09.07  Philly 09.09  Baltimore 09.12
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    ZeldaZonk said:
    steved said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    So, for everyone who received rejection emails we've seen the text that is included in the email; my question is what was in the subject line and who was the sender? 
    Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster company (Sender)

Pearl Jam

Ten Club and Ticketmaster have worked closely to ensure the fan club ticket request process is consistent with past Ten Club presales.

After running the ticket request process, unfortunately, due to demand, we were unable to fulfill your ticket request for Pearl Jam(#14205966). Your card has not been charged.

Additional tickets will be made available during the Verified Fan Presale on Thursday, January 23 and General Public Onsale on Friday, January 24 at 10am local venue time.  

For the latest news and updates about Pearl Jam’s North American Tour, visit pearljam.com.

Privacy Policy    |    User Agreement    |    Program Terms

722 Preston Ave Ste 201, Charlottesville, VA 22903
    © 2020 Ticketstoday. All rights reserved.

Ugh.....thanks for posting that. So it looks like Ticketstoday is the one sending both the winning and the losing emails, and you won't know whether it's good news or not until you open it. That's a bummer. I was hoping it would be obvious before opening the email. Now I'll really be stressing tomorrow. 
    The subject was titled “you’ve scored Pearl Jam Tickets” if you really want to avoid having to open the email to find out.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edited January 2020
    I agree that some of these can be explained by user error, and that is why people are being persistent with trying to figure it out.

But some people seem like they legit put ba1 and missed out while others got ba2 or ba3.

And I think the idea is to collaborate to try to find out WHERE they may have messed up, in case its not one of the obvious ways, like the ones you listed.  In doing so, we might be able to avoid it in the future.

Or if its a legit gripe, ensure 10c knows so it can be rectified before the next draw tomorrow.

Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Both,.... I got the email confirming both... same as the first Email... and nearly 500 dollar total 

Ok, that rules that out. Did you get a rejection email? 
    No, so could still be in... 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Both,.... I got the email confirming both... same as the first Email... and nearly 500 dollar total 

Ok, that rules that out. Did you get a rejection email? 
    No, so could still be in... 
    This is the other part.....will someone like this get a confirmation on a later date? 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Posts: 614
    mace1229 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    steved said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    So, for everyone who received rejection emails we've seen the text that is included in the email; my question is what was in the subject line and who was the sender? 
    Ticketstoday - a Ticketmaster company (Sender)

Pearl Jam

Ten Club and Ticketmaster have worked closely to ensure the fan club ticket request process is consistent with past Ten Club presales.

After running the ticket request process, unfortunately, due to demand, we were unable to fulfill your ticket request for Pearl Jam(#14205966). Your card has not been charged.

Additional tickets will be made available during the Verified Fan Presale on Thursday, January 23 and General Public Onsale on Friday, January 24 at 10am local venue time.  

For the latest news and updates about Pearl Jam’s North American Tour, visit pearljam.com.

Privacy Policy    |    User Agreement    |    Program Terms

722 Preston Ave Ste 201, Charlottesville, VA 22903
    © 2020 Ticketstoday. All rights reserved.

Ugh.....thanks for posting that. So it looks like Ticketstoday is the one sending both the winning and the losing emails, and you won't know whether it's good news or not until you open it. That's a bummer. I was hoping it would be obvious before opening the email. Now I'll really be stressing tomorrow. 
    The subject was titled “you’ve scored Pearl Jam Tickets” if you really want to avoid having to open the email to find out.
    That's great! Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I receive an email like that tomorrow for Nashville and St. Louis.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    JimmyV said:
    This morning it seemed like user error. California seems to have blown a hole in that theory. 10c needs to clarify what is going on.

Yep

Canada seemed to be just a few folks with issues, only a couple that have yet to be debunked as user error.

Cali is a whole new level of issues

Said it before...putting Ticketmaster in charge of distributing 10 Club tickets is akin to putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

Blood bath tomorrow.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Lottery -

1a drawing of lots in which prizes are distributed to the winners among persons buying a chance

2an event or affair whose outcome is or seems to be determined by chance

Best of luck to everyone.  No conspiracies.  No computers with algorithms out to get specific PJ faithful. Just good ol' luck/chance.  Win or lose I'll be seeing y'all at MSG.  Cant wait.
    The only user related issue that could happen with people who have one show and not the second, is ... CC declined if the card thought it was a duplicate charge.. if they came in at or around the same moment - maybe the card company rejected thinking it was an error,.. Just tossing that as a possibility, I can call my card and see if there was a rejected charge... 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    edited January 2020
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Sounds like some people did all that and didnt get their 1st priority, which was BA.

While others got that same show, BA, as their 2nd or 3rd.

People lie all the time, even more when they didn't get what they wanted or fucked up and dont want to admit it. I have two confirmation emails from Tickets Today. Whats to stop me from posting the first, invalid because of the second one, confirmation email and scream how I got screwed? People do weird shit and have weird motives. Especially among strangers online. Now may a legit case or two happen where something goes wrong? It could, but I doubt it. Why? Cause when shit does go wrong in something like this, it's widespread and affects many people, not just a handful. Think about it. Who remembers the whole F5 fiasco lol?

I'm not saying everyone who got shut out is lying either, but I think if they check out everything they did, step by step, they will see where they made their mistake once they calm down. And hopefully they let us know, like my other have already once they figured out what went wrong.

My only show pick was Balt and the RES odds are stated as 65%. Since many will be selecting Balt with a 2 or 3 pick, my first priority pick should have odds higher than 65%. Maybe 85%. And I though when I applied only my first pick mattered due to the few shows in the east

Now it seems possible that the TM algorithm is not handling BA as the rules seem to indicate. 

First it seems since the RES odds are very high for all shows, BA might be categorized as GA for odds calculation thus significantly overstating odds

Second, as the OP stated in the best avail topic, it seems possible that the algorithm is treating BA as two separate picks. So our reserved picks are being dropped to second priority effectively eliminating us from the draw

it seems there are plenty of fans picking BA complaining about getting shut out for 99% shows.

Its possible my odds appeared as good as 85% but in reality are 10%. Thats a fairly huge difference.
  • GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105

My only show pick was Balt and the RES odds are stated as 65%. Since many will be selecting Balt with a 2 or 3 pick, my first priority pick should have odds higher than 65%. Maybe 85%. And I though when I applied only my first pick mattered due to the few shows in the east

Now it seems possible that the TM algorithm is not handling BA as the rules seem to indicate. 

First it seems since the RES odds are very high for all shows, BA might be categorized as GA for odds calculation thus significantly overstating odds

Second, as the OP stated in the best avail topic, it seems possible that the algorithm is treating BA as two separate picks. So our reserved picks are being dropped to second priority effectively eliminating us from the draw

it seems there are plenty of fans picking BA complaining about getting shut out for 99% shows.

Its possible my odds appeared as good as 85% but in reality are 10%. Thats a fairly huge difference.
    I think this is partially correct.  BA was added to GA and not reserved so the 85% is overstated.  Once the GA is filled, the BA became a reserved 1st priority but since all the new BAs are added in, the 85% is now much lower.  So the reserved % is really not as high as the odds stated

I have nothing though on how a 4th priority BA can beat out a 2nd priority BA though.
  • mjd327mjd327 Posts: 160
    I just updated my name on my Ticketmaster account...I REALLY hope its not too late and didn't have to be done at the name of submission - I also didn't have my last name listed on my Ticketmaster.
    I understand that the rules did say that though I really would hope that because you were tying your code to a ticketmaster account they would have been able to check at the time and notify you if something was wrong....
  • How early in the day did people start receiving confirmation emails?  I have to wait till Sunday for the SD show, so I'm wondering how late in the day I'll have to wait . . . 
  • SE110765 said:
    How early in the day did people start receiving confirmation emails?  I have to wait till Sunday for the SD show, so I'm wondering how late in the day I'll have to wait . . . 
    I got my emails around 12:30 and 1pm, about a half an hour between both shows
  • I received mine around 11:40am central time for Denver. 
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    PJPADDLER said:
    Spurs14 said:
    No conspiracy for me.  Credit card is fine, I got my #1 pick of oak 1 BA, charged, emailed, all that.  Been doing these things long enough to know my credit card in the system is valid, my emails match, etc.  only did one entry for fear of fucking it up if I made changes. Not getting oak 2 BA for my second of two picks makes me scratch my head when I see oak 2 getting picked as a 5-6 choice.
    I'm in the same boat for LA 1 BA priority 2.  No rejection e-mail yet.  I will "patiently" wait until Sunday evening for my ticket.
    Got LA 2 BA with priority 1 on the same confirmed ticket request so there isn't an issue on my end.

That makes three of us. I got LA2 BA with priority 1 and haven't received any sort of confirmation or rejection email about LA1 with priority 2. 

Seems like there might be a connection here. Did you put in requests for any other show? (I did San Diego BA as priority 3)

Is there anyone who did LA2 BA priority 1 / LA1 BA priority 2 who has gotten emails about both shows?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Directly from Ticketstoday when my order was placed:

“Please note: odds reflect the odds at the time of your request. These odds will change over time until the Ticket Request period has closed. Ten Club and Ticketmaster are working closely to ensure the fan club ticket request process remains the same as in years past; these odds follow the same logic and rules that have always governed Ten Club ticketing.”

The bold part is meaningful and tells me 10C did not just relinquish all control of this process.  Nothing has changed.  GA > Reserved as it relates to Best Available. 
    PJPADDLER said:
    Spurs14 said:

That makes three of us. I got LA2 BA with priority 1 and haven't received any sort of confirmation or rejection email about LA1 with priority 2. 

Seems like there might be a connection here. Did you put in requests for any other show? (I did San Diego BA as priority 3)

Is there anyone who did LA2 BA priority 1 / LA1 BA priority 2 who has gotten emails about both shows?
    Same exact thing with me and several in OAK... I think its a "Same Venue" issue that is on the TM side.... the fact that we didnt get rejections makes me think they are ok and will get ... 
  • I feel there was a majority of people who went back and canceled their original requests trying to play the odds. 
    You don’t get to change your Keno #s after they are picked, right? It’s a lottery. You enter. You wait. You might win. That’s the roll of the dice. Turn of the card. Wtf ever you want to call it. We can sit here and scratch over it for the next 3 months ..... or move on and keep trying. 
    Fun while it lasted. 
    Fundamentals are the building blocks of fun. 
    ✌🏻❤️🉑
  • oo712oo712 Posts: 28
    edited January 2020
    PJPADDLER said:
    Spurs14 said:

Same exact thing with me and several in OAK... I think its a "Same Venue" issue that is on the TM side.... the fact that we didnt get rejections makes me think they are ok and will get ... 
    Basically the same thing happened to me. Got tickets for La1 with my priority 1 and nothing for La2 priority 2. Struck out on both oakland shows. But did GA and got an email for both
    ok, seems when two shows being processed at the same time, your second show second priority is skipped. how do we make 10c/TM aware of this so we can get fixed and get the shows that we should under their own rules? 
    Further- willing to bet the second show priority two, is just kicked out of the system, would explain why no rejection email ... if in fact one doesn't show up 

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    ok, seems when two shows being processed at the same time, your second show second priority is skipped. how do we make 10c/TM aware of this so we can get fixed and get the shows that we should under their own rules? 
    Except multiple people on here have posted that they got both LA1 and LA2 (as well as Oakland1 and Oakland2)...
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • JAYHBJAYHB Posts: 76
    Anyone wanna speculate the odds for Nashville tomorrow to get reserved seating? Priority 1 for me and my only show

• I got an email earlier saying that my request could not be fulfilled-but it only showed the Oakland show-which was 1 out of the 4 I out in for.

So I guess they're sending out the L's first? 

"he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    edited January 2020
    Didn't work that way for me. Got both Oakland shows, only at 2nd and 4th, so maybe you are only talking about LA.  I did get LA1 in 1st, but nothing for LA2 in 5the. No ticket, or notice for LA2 yet.

Oh, maybe you are just talking about 1st and 2and for same show.  That wasn't how mine went.

Post edited by TA243471 on
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula