edited January 2020
    jareds said:
    bbiggs said:
    JBob87 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jammin909 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Oak Night 2 BA 1st priority= confirmed 2:14 PT
    Oak Night 1 BA 2nd priority= nothing yet????

saw some people have Oak night 1 BA as 4th priority and score tickets. How is this possible??

Bump.

still awaiting explanation from the club as to why a few Canadian fans are reporting this is what happened to them yesterday.
    It is really looking like everyone is getting tickets as long as they put BA or reserved. Some who didn’t get tickets already admitted to user error. The few that haven’t been explained are almost certainly some sort of error, either user error on their part or CC processing. Not unheard of for a CC to decline an out of country purchase. Has there been anyone from Denver saying they got shut out? I haven’t heard any. But given that 4th and 5th picks are getting chosen that’s the only thing that makes sense.
    I had Denver BA as priority two and just got the denial email.
    I just do not understand this. I’m sorry to hear, but I feel like there must be some other cause of the denial (name discrepancies from 10C/TM, cc info, etc.).  I had Denver BA priority 3 and got tickets.  Seems like something is definitely off here. Again, sorry to hear this. 
    I think the simplest answer is the priority system got screwed up and/or changed from what we were used to due to migration to TM.
    If so, that’s BS and costing people tickets. TM needs to get it together if that’s the cause. 99% odds should yield tickets every time. Doesn’t matter if it’s 1st or 6th priority. 
    I think the issue is the 99% odds were not real.

It's not that, it's the fact that some people got denied as first or second priority BA entries while others got BA wins with 3rd priority or later.
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    edited January 2020
    So I got email confirmation of Oakland 1, no confirm/reject of Oakland 2 - the only two I put in for. Yet my credit card has been charged twice for the $240. So I'm thinking (hoping?)I'm in for both, but still think it's odd to get no email yet...are people still waiting to hear on Oakland, either way? And has anyone else got hit on their credit card but not gotten a corresponding email?

(For the record I was BA on both requests, again, my only two...)
  • I don’t know but my guess those odds are based off your 1st selection.
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    Poncier said:
    mickdee said:
    mpedone said:
    mickdee said:
    woke up to 4 emails unsuccessful Toronto/Ottawa/Quebec/Hamilton GA's, despite getting email with odds of 59/99/99/81 percent. disappointed is understatement. Signed up for Phoenix/San Diego/LA/Oakland, trying to remain hopeful, but dreading thought of going 0-8. If anyone needs a +1 for the Canadian shows let me know !

GA or Best Available? From what I've seen, the final odds for GA only for the Canada shows were 32/56/75/40.
    i messed up thinking that earlier I committed to tickets the higher the odds (not realizing that number kept getting lower until close time). Still though, doesn't make mathematical sense with 32/56/75/40 that I'd go 0-4....I only signed up for GA.....now I'm pretty much out of luck for any tickets, without going on secondary ticket market

It makes a lot of sense you could go 0 for 4.

you had a 32% chance at Toronto as your first priority, your odds for each successive show are lower than the posted odds as they were 2nd, 3rd & 4th priority (I'd venture your odds for QC and definitely Hamilton were about zero.) and they get filled first with folks who chose those cities as higher priority.

Not quite, would have had better than 32% at the first pick (since the 32% includes all priorities). How much better, who knows. And odds on the second pick would been probably worse than 56%, again by how much who knows. 3th and 4th GA I'm certain are 0% everywhere.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    ecdanc said:
    Doing Baltimore, NYC, Nashville, and St. Louis tomorrow. 

:prayer: for me for MSG :prayer: for my sister for MSG
  • Did everyone get a $1 charge for TicketsToday as a pending charge on their credit card?  I'm wondering if that is the test to see if the card is valid.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020

It's not that, it's the fact that some people got denied as first or second priority BA entries while others got BA wins with 3rd priority or later.
    Haven't looked at any of the cases from today but all the issues from the Canadian shows are either confirmed to be or are very likely user error, with the one outstanding case being a guy who has two email addresses between 10C and TM and he wasn't sure if he correctly put the 10C email into the form when it required it.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398

Haven't looked at any of the cases from today but all the issues from the Canadian shows are either confirmed to be or are very likely user error, with the one outstanding case being a guy who has two email addresses between 10C and TM and he wasn't sure if he correctly put the 10C email into the form when it required it.
    Not the issue today.  Many won one show but lots of instances where priorities 5, 6, and 7 are beating priorities 2 and 3.  Most seem to BA - card is fine and entry was valid as another show was won.  Appears the priorities were potentially broken by TM?
  • Poncier said:
    mickdee said:
    mpedone said:
    mickdee said:
    woke up to 4 emails unsuccessful Toronto/Ottawa/Quebec/Hamilton GA's, despite getting email with odds of 59/99/99/81 percent. disappointed is understatement. Signed up for Phoenix/San Diego/LA/Oakland, trying to remain hopeful, but dreading thought of going 0-8. If anyone needs a +1 for the Canadian shows let me know !

GA or Best Available? From what I've seen, the final odds for GA only for the Canada shows were 32/56/75/40.
    i messed up thinking that earlier I committed to tickets the higher the odds (not realizing that number kept getting lower until close time). Still though, doesn't make mathematical sense with 32/56/75/40 that I'd go 0-4....I only signed up for GA.....now I'm pretty much out of luck for any tickets, without going on secondary ticket market

you had a 32% chance at Toronto as your first priority, your odds for each successive show are lower than the posted odds as they were 2nd, 3rd & 4th priority (I'd venture your odds for QC and definitely Hamilton were about zero.) and they get filled first with folks who chose those cities as higher priority.

Not quite, would have had better than 32% at the first pick (since the 32% includes all priorities). How much better, who knows. And odds on the second pick would been probably worse than 56%, again by how much who knows. 3th and 4th GA I'm certain are 0% everywhere.
    My guess is at least 80% of Toronto entries were first priority. Making the odds no better than 40% for GA. For Hamilton, chances are GA didn't make it out of priority 1. So this outcome is not unexpected based on your entries

• It's not that, it's the fact that some people got denied as first or second priority BA entries while others got BA wins with 3rd priority or later.
    Yeah, my point is I don't believe that the odds were wrong, as that wouldn't explain the scenarios. Most likely something wrong with the entries
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    so they say they draw from priority one and if there are tickets left they go to priority 2.  they don't say how many they draw at a time.  maybe they pull 50, 100 or 200 at a time.  so if they draw 100 out the 1st priority only, and your name was not drawn, they move onto the 2nd priority, or they add the 2nd priority picks with the 1st priority and so on.  that would explain how someone is getting the 5th & 6th drawn and 1st and 2nd can be past over, just throwing it out there, guessing...
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018

• It's not that, it's the fact that some people got denied as first or second priority BA entries while others got BA wins with 3rd priority or later.
    Not the issue today.  Many won one show but lots of instances where priorities 5, 6, and 7 are beating priorities 2 and 3.  Most seem to BA - card is fine and entry was valid as another show was won.  Appears the priorities were potentially broken by TM?
    That's strange
  • jaredsjareds Posts: 24
    Poncier said:
    mickdee said:
    mpedone said:
    mickdee said:

I think if you pick GA only it has to be the 1st Priority.  I haven't seen anyone who picked GA only lower than 1st priority get tickets (could be wrong though).  Curious to see if anyone gets GA who picked BA with a priority 2 or lower.  The new system is a bit confusing but I need to figure it out for the fall tour (assuming there is one)
    PJ: 
    San Francisco 12/31/91
    Mountain View 7/18/92 Lollapalooza
    Mountain View 7/19/92 Lollapalooza
    Mountain View 11/1/92 Bridge School
    San Francisco 10/28/93
    San Jose 10/30/93
    Berkeley 10/31/93
    Mountain View 10/2/94 Bridge School
    San Francisco 6/24/95
    San Jose 11/4/95
    Mountain View 10/20/96 Bridge School
    Oakland 11/15/97 Rolling Stones
    Mountain View 10/30/99 Bridge School
    Mountain View 10/31/00
    Mountain View 6/1/03
    San Francisco 7/15/06
    San Francisco 7/16/06
    San Francisco 7/18/06
    Mountain View 10/22/06 Bridge School
    Honolulu 12/9/06 U2
    Mountain View 10/23/10 Bridge School
    Mountain View 10/24/10 Bridge School
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Oakland 11/26/13
    Seattle 12/6/13
    Denver 10/22/14
    Mountain View 10/25/14 Bridge School
    Mexico City 11/28/15
    Seattle 8/8/18
    Seattle 8/10/18
    Missoula 8/13/18
    Chicago 8/18/18
    Chicago 8/20/18
    EV: 
    Berkeley 4/7/08
    Berkeley 4/8/08

• amethgr8 said:
    so they say they draw from priority one and if there are tickets left they go to priority 2.  they don't say how many they draw at a time.  maybe they pull 50, 100 or 200 at a time.  so if they draw 100 out the 1st priority only, and your name was not drawn, they move onto the 2nd priority, or they add the 2nd priority picks with the 1st priority and so on.  that would explain how someone is getting the 5th & 6th drawn and 1st and 2nd can be past over, just throwing it out there, guessing...
    No way this is what's happening
  • So I got email confirmation of Oakland 1, no confirm/reject of Oakland 2 - the only two I put in for. Yet my credit card has been charged twice for the $240. So I'm thinking (hoping?)I'm in for both, but still think it's odd to get no email yet...are people still waiting to hear on Oakland, either way? And has anyone else got hit on their credit card but not gotten a corresponding email?

(For the record I was BA on both requests, again, my only two...)
    I'm in a similar situation. Got the confirmation for night 1. Nothing on night 2 yet. I was BA for both. I only have the single charge, for night 1, so far. I don't think Oakland processing is done yet. I'm hoping that anyway. There are quite a few people still waiting, according to the other thread - https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283193/lottery-day-two-results-denver-la-x2-oakland-x2 
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I got Oak 1 Best available with my 4th spot. A friend was denied Oak 1 Best Available in their 2nd spot.

Clearly, something didnt go according to plan with Tickets Today :/
  • I got Oak 1 Best available with my 4th spot. A friend was denied Oak 1 Best Available in their 2nd spot.

Did your friend get the rejection email?
  • Got tickets for both LA shows!  I had both GA and best available reserved selected for both
  • In past years, if someone selected a specific show seat/type as their 2nd priority and won then EVERYONE who selected it as their 1st priority is guaranteed to also win (i.e. if I selected Toronto Res as my 2nd choice and won then everyone who selected it as their first choice should have won).  Is that not the case here?  If not, what has changed??
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946

Good to know. 
  • In past years, if someone selected a specific show seat/type as their 2nd priority and won then EVERYONE who selected it as their 1st priority is guaranteed to also win (i.e. if I selected Toronto Res as my 2nd choice and won then everyone who selected it as their first choice should have won).  Is that not the case here?  If not, what has changed??
    A ticketmaster conspiracy 
  • Did everyone get a $1 charge for TicketsToday as a pending charge on their credit card?  I'm wondering if that is the test to see if the card is valid.
    I did 3 requests each for both US and Canada and never got the $1 charge
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • DP4467DP4467 Posts: 35
    Are the confirmations coming in in the order they list the cities for the specific day or random? 
  • Hey what time did they start In the am sending conformation emails the last two days ? 
  • I don’t know but my guess those odds are based off your 1st selection.
    i’m thinking this also 
    and if that’s correct that would have been nice to know 
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    amethgr8 said:
    No way this is what's happening
    something is happening that is not jiving with what the majority of people believe and no explanations other than user error for people getting 5th & 6th over 1st & 2nd BA.
    Interpretation, perspective can be everything.  The lottery information states:  "During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any..."  
    It doesn't say "to begin the drawing we will collect all priority one show requests..."  if they used this language, it would be crystal clear right.
    It's a lottery, no explanation can be had except it is a chance to win, nothing more, nothing less.  How does everyone have the same chance, with priority being drawn in order.  In theory, no one could every get their 5th-8th-10th choice.
    I'm open
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • DP4467 said:
    Are the confirmations coming in in the order they list the cities for the specific day or random? 
    Not quite. Yesterday they had the shows in chronological order but drew ass backwards. Today seemed to be somewhat in order except some people made it seem like Oak2 drew before Oak1 but they may have just been a poor interpretation on my part. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I got Oak 1 Best available with my 4th spot. A friend was denied Oak 1 Best Available in their 2nd spot.

Did your friend get the rejection email?
    In fact, she hasnt yet. I got all my rejections. 
  • jareds said:
    Poncier said:
    mickdee said:
    mpedone said:
    mickdee said:

I think if you pick GA only it has to be the 1st Priority.  I haven't seen anyone who picked GA only lower than 1st priority get tickets (could be wrong though).  Curious to see if anyone gets GA who picked BA with a priority 2 or lower.  The new system is a bit confusing but I need to figure it out for the fall tour (assuming there is one)
    i might have missed some posts but i believe i’ve read them all and i also did not see one person get GA if it was not #1
    even quebec that was about 79% i didn’t see a priority 2 get GA