on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    If they go this route on the fall leg, they should charge $1.00 more to the Vitalogy Foundation for GA tix, and then people who select BA will know whether or not they won RA or RES when they look at their credit card charge
    But doesn't it seem like they don't WANT you to know? Why else would the email not include the information?
    I think they just haven't gone thru the seat assignment stage yet.  They had X amount of 10C tickets available.  Let's say 10,000 total seats.  They drew those first.  Notified people that they were going to the show.  Then the next step (after all lotteries are complete) is to assign seats based on 10C seniority.  I'm sure they could have notified those who won GA, since there are no seat assignments, but I think its fine that everyone finds out together. 

I personally put in for best available and I am fine with whatever I get.  We will all know by the end of the month.  7 full weeks before the shows start.  Not sure why it's so urgent for some.
    Then why not do it? I understand, you think it's fine; others don't. It appears a conscious choice, though, which raises the question: why?
    If you have been notified that you got tickets, why does it matter NOW if its GA or RES?   Make your plans and in 10 days, you will know where your tickets are.  Not sure I understand the drama.  Everyone will find out at the same time.  Seems fair to me.  I already know I am going to Hamilton.  I do not know if I will be in GA or in a seat.  I'll find out in a week and a half.  I knew the rules before I entered.  I am good with it.  
    No, you didn't know the rules, because this wasn't in the rules. FFS. 
    Yes it was. 
    Jesus fucking christ, are we going to have this conversation again? You're wrong. Read this entire thread to see why. 
    I read the rules. No need to reread the thread.  =).  Have a great day. 
    If you read the thread as well as you read the rules, it wouldn't matter anyway. ;) 
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    mcgruff10 said:
    Once Toronto was done why didn’t the ticket draw for the next show auotomatically start?  Did the computer need a rest?
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing. They are probably unionized, so TM probably doesn’t want to pay OT. 
  • Possibly a dumb question, but I don't see the answer in the pre-sale policies. I see people here posting their 10c number when discussing their lottery results, but 10c seniority doesn't have anything to do with the lottery, does it? Only where your seats are in reserved? Thanks in advance.
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Anyone who thinks they go the shaft on TOR or HAM with first or second priority BA or RS care to post shot of their entry confirmation email? As someone who won with TOR as my 3rd priority, I don't believe you folks could have rightly lost. Perhaps GA was selected inadvertently? Or picks didn't actually go in, or CC issues, or actually only entered the VF thing, or requested tickets to the Bubble Guppies.  Kidding aside, it'd really like to know how that happened (as I'm sure more importantly you are).  

No it looks exactly how I filled it out. When we made our picks it was a single line item BA (IIRC)

When we got the email BA was split into GA and RES

Only thing that makes sense is their program isn't reading row 2 of the BA selections and significantly understated the odds

Check it out here https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283192/shut-out-once-again-ten-club-i-would-like-an-explanation/p3

You only saw one line on your checkout? My checkout, confirmation screen and following email all had them split out.

• Noticed today the generic Ticketmaster site somehow only has my first name listed in account details, no last name. I called the TM 10c lottery phone number. They said the receipt/entry had my first and last name attached, same name as my 10c membership name. I put in Nash, Balt, and St Louis. Hopefully that generic TM account without last name has no impact on the TM 10C entry and 10c membership name. The representative  confirmed my name on the entry so that helps ease the worry lol
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    If they go this route on the fall leg, they should charge $1.00 more to the Vitalogy Foundation for GA tix, and then people who select BA will know whether or not they won RA or RES when they look at their credit card charge
    But doesn't it seem like they don't WANT you to know? Why else would the email not include the information?
    I think they just haven't gone thru the seat assignment stage yet.  They had X amount of 10C tickets available.  Let's say 10,000 total seats.  They drew those first.  Notified people that they were going to the show.  Then the next step (after all lotteries are complete) is to assign seats based on 10C seniority.  I'm sure they could have notified those who won GA, since there are no seat assignments, but I think its fine that everyone finds out together. 

I personally put in for best available and I am fine with whatever I get.  We will all know by the end of the month.  7 full weeks before the shows start.  Not sure why it's so urgent for some.
    Then why not do it? I understand, you think it's fine; others don't. It appears a conscious choice, though, which raises the question: why?
    If you have been notified that you got tickets, why does it matter NOW if its GA or RES?   Make your plans and in 10 days, you will know where your tickets are.  Not sure I understand the drama.  Everyone will find out at the same time.  Seems fair to me.  I already know I am going to Hamilton.  I do not know if I will be in GA or in a seat.  I'll find out in a week and a half.  I knew the rules before I entered.  I am good with it.  
    Its in the rules, you just have a different interpretation of the term "seat location" than most, including the person who wrote the rules.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Possibly a dumb question, but I don't see the answer in the pre-sale policies. I see people here posting their 10c number when discussing their lottery results, but 10c seniority doesn't have anything to do with the lottery, does it? Only where your seats are in reserved? Thanks in advance.

You are correct. The lottery is random. Seat location is seniority-based.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

Its in the rules, you just have a different interpretation of the term "seat location" than most, including the person who wrote the rules.
    Dear lord. I read "seat" based on the way they use "seat" throughout the entire document. 
  • pjl44 said:
    Maybe picking "best available" is actually the worst option than trying for just GA or just reserved?
    On one hand you have 2 people with weird circumstances. On the other hand, you have dozens and dozens and dozens of people reporting results that are exactly what you'd expect. You're welcome to enter a lottery however you want, but I think you're overreacting.

It looks to not be an overreaction.  At least 2 fans got denied for BA for 2 shows at 99%.

That's four total rejections at minimum. With 99% odds that should be impossible 

When we made our BA selections it was ONE line item. 

When we got our email, the one selection was split into 2, GA & BA.

It's possible the computer picked only on the GA and not the BA

We need to hear from our beloved 10c overlords asap
    With 99% odds there could be over 100 rejections per show assuming 10,000 seats went to the 10c. 
    Vancouver 05-11-00, Vancouver 05-30-03, Hamilton 09-13-05, Toronto 05-10-06, Toronto 08-21-09, Toronto 09-11/12-11, London 07-16-13, Buffalo 10-12-13, Ottawa 05-08-2016, Toronto 05-10-2016, Toronto 05-12-2016, Seatle 08-10-2018
    ecdanc said:
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

Dear lord. I read "seat" based on the way they use "seat" throughout the entire document. 
    Adding the word "location" could be the difference.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

Yes it was. 
    Jesus fucking christ, are we going to have this conversation again? You're wrong. Read this entire thread to see why. 
    I read the rules. No need to reread the thread.  =).  Have a great day. 
    If you read the thread as well as you read the rules, it wouldn't matter anyway. ;) 
    Sorry we couldn’t help with your complaint. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    With 99% odds there could be over 100 rejections per show assuming 10,000 seats went to the 10c. 
    Couldn't be 100 first priority rejections if 3rd priority won (as I luckily did). 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

No, the word "seat" is the key, because the document uses "location" elsewhere (without the word "seat") to differentiate between GA and Reserved. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    mcgruff10 said:
    Once Toronto was done why didn’t the ticket draw for the next show auotomatically start?  Did the computer need a rest?
    They have to go through and randomly select a few people to send decline letters so they can sit back and watch this beehive of a thread.
    ecdanc said:
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    Poncier said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

No, the word "seat" is the key, because the document uses "location" elsewhere (without the word "seat") to differentiate between GA and Reserved. 
    You're digging your heels in on this, but clearly since nobody knows their location yet, you are incorrect. 
    Might as well just drop the argument and move on.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Is it just me, or isn’t it ironic that the Tenclub ticket lottery is now in the hands of ticketbastard...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • jimfishjimfish Posts: 51
    I put in for Hamilton with a “best available”.  Really want GA.   Got my notification that I scored tickets, but no indication of GA or reserved.   There is a material difference in my excitement level of GA versus reserved.   Wonder why they didn’t tell me which I got?    
  • RP123663 said:
    As for verified fan.  Those seats are going to be the nosebleeds, I believe.  Any tickets purchased after 10 club are not going to be better than 10 club seats.  
    That's how we'd like it to work but have you seen any evidence that's the case? With other TM shows where they run the fan club portion, it's pretty standard to see fan club tickets spread out through all the sections along with the general sale tix.
    edited January 2020
    Post deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines

Post edited by Sea on
  • jimfish said:
    I put in for Hamilton with a “best available”.  Really want GA.   Got my notification that I scored tickets, but no indication of GA or reserved.   There is a material difference in my excitement level of GA versus reserved.   Wonder why they didn’t tell me which I got?    
    No one knows why. Again, we will find out our "seat" location the week of 1/27.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    RP123663 said:
    pjl44 said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

If someone has a high number and they pulled reserved vs GA, they might be more likely to take a crack at Verified Fan.

Also, I think there's some fuss because you found out which you got with your confirmation in every 10C lottery to date. Not that I have any issue with this, but it's a change.
    Yeah, I guess change is hard for some.

As for verified fan.  Those seats are going to be the nosebleeds, I believe.  Any tickets purchased after 10 club are not going to be better than 10 club seats.  

Additionally, this isn't Wembley Stadium.  These are arenas.  The worst seat at these shows is better than some of the best RES seats at the stadium shows.  

This was not the case in 2018. My buddy pulled better seats than my 10c seats through VF in both Wrigley and Fenway. He was able to get 4 seats on the field at Wrigley through VF, while I was in the 300s. 

Thats why why not knowing GA/Res is a rough change for some. I would much rather take a shot there if I knew I didn’t win GA for my first choice. If I had known this was going to change I might have selected GA only so I would at least know before the VF sale.
  • jimfish said:
    Everyone will find out the week of 1/27.  It's in the rules.  They are only doing the lottery portion right now.  The specific seat assignment will come after.  I'll see you there.  Good luck on the pit.
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    I'm surprised anyone would only put GA. All in on just getting in the building.
    🤙
  • jimfishjimfish Posts: 51
    RP123663 said:
    jimfish said:
    Everyone will find out the week of 1/27.  It's in the rules.  They are only doing the lottery portion right now.  The specific seat assignment will come after.  I'll see you there.  Good luck on the pit.
    These are two different classes of seat.   They already know what class you are in, just not disclosing.   I get that it takes a bit more time to sort seats out.   You don’t want pairs to be apart.   Dang, now another 10 days of anxiety.  I already knew I’d get tix!
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    JBob87 said:
    RP123663 said:
    pjl44 said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

If someone has a high number and they pulled reserved vs GA, they might be more likely to take a crack at Verified Fan.

Also, I think there's some fuss because you found out which you got with your confirmation in every 10C lottery to date. Not that I have any issue with this, but it's a change.

Additionally, this isn't Wembley Stadium.  These are arenas.  The worst seat at these shows is better than some of the best RES seats at the stadium shows.  

This was not the case in 2018. My buddy pulled better seats than my 10c seats through VF in both Wrigley and Fenway. He was able to get 4 seats on the field at Wrigley through VF, while I was in the 300s. 

Thats why why not knowing GA/Res is a rough change for some. I would much rather take a shot there if I knew I didn’t win GA for my first choice. If I had known this was going to change I might have selected GA only so I would at least know before the VF sale.
    I think there's always a chance general sale will pull better than 10c placement. The person you're quoting was saying that just due to venue size and layout that a "bad" arena seat is still better than a "great" stadium seat.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    BV84003 said:
    JBob87 said:
    RP123663 said:
    pjl44 said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

I think there's always a chance general sale will pull better than 10c placement. The person you're quoting was saying that just due to venue size and layout that a "bad" arena seat is still better than a "great" stadium seat.
    I definitely do agree with that
  • BasilgBasilg Posts: 76
    Has MSG and Baltimore been designated yet?
  • Basilg said:
    No

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    Basilg said:
    Still TBD. They update this each day.

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2020-north-america-tour-presale-timeline
    🤙
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    At this rate I’m guessing Balt and NYC last so they can deal with all the complaint emails.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22