***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Maybe picking "best available" is actually the worst option than trying for just GA or just reserved?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    moses-i said:
    Toronto BA 
    Hamilton BA

Shut out on both.... Need to find an alternative now. First time 10C has let me down
    There you go yet ppl got Toronto on third pick. Ten Club is a joke
    Damn, that sucks. Did you two check your credit cards for charges?

I kept posting that the 99% odds may not be accurate anymore under the new Best Available system but kept getting shot down by people who thought that the odds work the same as before. This has me very worried about my shows. 
    The thing is it's not an odds issue. If there were people who got in with a 2nd and 3rd pick, and 2 others got shut out with their 1st, something else is going on.

If there were 20-30 people reporting they got declined for Reserved or Best Available, then we're talking about an odds accuracy issue.
    Maybe picking "best available" is actually the worst option than trying for just GA or just reserved?
    On one hand you have 2 people with weird circumstances. On the other hand, you have dozens and dozens and dozens of people reporting results that are exactly what you'd expect. You're welcome to enter a lottery however you want, but I think you're overreacting.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    I highly doubt that. If you want to be in the building you go BA. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • gw246601gw246601 Ontario Posts: 18
    I put in for Toronto first pick beat available, my credit card has enough funds, Ticketmaster name and member name same but no luck in getting tickets.  Sent ten club asking if there was an error because I still haven’t received an email notifying me of not getting tickets.
    hope for the best and worst case go for public sale.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    pjl44 said:
    On one hand you have 2 people with weird circumstances. On the other hand, you have dozens and dozens and dozens of people reporting results that are exactly what you'd expect. You're welcome to enter a lottery however you want, but I think you're overreacting.
    Not reacting in any way, just curious as this is a new system and learning the ins and outs. That is why I asked. Did not put in for any Canadian shows. Maybe we will learn more with the west coast results today.  
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    Chose only Hamilton BA - Confirmed.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    I was thinking the opposite 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • jhager79jhager79 Posts: 246
    EH14457 said:
    Was anyone else here not asked to provide a credit card while selecting their shows? Didn’t even realize it at the time, but rereading the entry info now, I’m realizing the payment window never even popped up for me. I just went straight to the confirmation screen... and I received a confirmation email. I assumed it was just going to use the default cc from my Ticketmaster account, but now I’m a little concerned. Was anybody else not prompted for a payment method? And how did you fare in the lottery?
    It never opened for me either, before entering I updated cc info in TM and 10 club just to be certain. 
    Got tickets for Toronto and Hamilton, only shows I tried for. 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • benjs said:
    Dallas Green is just a short kayak ride away from me, I can put in a request?
    I'm now imagining you paddling up to him, asking for an autograph. He escapes by...walking further inland.
    Just make sure to say hello to him first. He gets really salty if you don’t, I saw him get really annoyed with a fan in New York when he was touring last October. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    I do not think choosing BA or GA only helps you in getting into GA. I do think however now that reserved and GA are both the same priority when you do BA lots of more people are putting in for both that normally would have just had reserved as a first pick. This is making it a lot tougher to get GA than it did in the past as a second or first pick even.
  • BRONDOBRONDO Posts: 446
    Show-Toronto (only Canadian show picked, 2 other u.s. show)
    2 Reserve seats pick only
    confirmed tickets
    member # 516xxx
  • Did anyone who put in for GA only win Toronto.  I know a lot of people who put this as #1 priority and all  denied.  thanks.
    My wife did
    PJNB said:
    I do not think choosing BA or GA only helps you in getting into GA. I do think however now that reserved and GA are both the same priority when you do BA lots of more people are putting in for both that normally would have just had reserved as a first pick. This is making it a lot tougher to get GA than it did in the past as a second or first pick even.
    I definitely agree with this. There was more risk before with putting in separate requests. No additional risk with Best Available, so why not unless you absolutely don't want to stand the whole time. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Best Available, got Ottawa.  

Didnt put in for anything else
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    BRONDO said:
    confirmed tickets
    member # 516xxx
    514XXX here. See you at the show!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    ecdanc said:
    If they go this route on the fall leg, they should charge $1.00 more to the Vitalogy Foundation for GA tix, and then people who select BA will know whether or not they won RA or RES when they look at their credit card charge
    But doesn't it seem like they don't WANT you to know? Why else would the email not include the information?
    For me it doesn't matter. 

1) Get in the building... everything else is gravy
    BINGO!!!!!! 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    PJNB said:
    Yep, no additional risk to choose BA instead of Reserved, so GA will potentially be more difficult to attain than under the old system.
    But getting into the show period should be easier as they have gotten a bigger allotment of tix.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • It's a win for both OTT and TO. So excited to see my fav band, on the right side of the 49 and get to see some of my fav people.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • PJNB said:
    BRONDO said:
    confirmed tickets
    member # 516xxx
    514XXX here. See you at the show!
    Late bloomer when it comes to PJ, so 530XXX over here. Hopefully I won't be too far from the party!
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    I definitely agree with this. There was more risk before with putting in separate requests. No additional risk with Best Available, so why not unless you absolutely don't want to stand the whole time. 

It's not just the show (we stand for the entire show anyway), it's the hours leading up to the show, because if I'm going to be in the pit, I'm going to do my best to be near the front (plus, my wife is on the shorter side, so she'd have trouble seeing if we were farther back). It did cross my mind, though.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    In the age of computers it is crazy to think that this is going to take four days.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RP123663RP123663 Posts: 77
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    If they go this route on the fall leg, they should charge $1.00 more to the Vitalogy Foundation for GA tix, and then people who select BA will know whether or not they won RA or RES when they look at their credit card charge
    But doesn't it seem like they don't WANT you to know? Why else would the email not include the information?
    I think they just haven't gone thru the seat assignment stage yet.  They had X amount of 10C tickets available.  Let's say 10,000 total seats.  They drew those first.  Notified people that they were going to the show.  Then the next step (after all lotteries are complete) is to assign seats based on 10C seniority.  I'm sure they could have notified those who won GA, since there are no seat assignments, but I think its fine that everyone finds out together. 

I personally put in for best available and I am fine with whatever I get.  We will all know by the end of the month.  7 full weeks before the shows start.  Not sure why it's so urgent for some.
    Then why not do it? I understand, you think it's fine; others don't. It appears a conscious choice, though, which raises the question: why?
    If you have been notified that you got tickets, why does it matter NOW if its GA or RES?   Make your plans and in 10 days, you will know where your tickets are.  Not sure I understand the drama.  Everyone will find out at the same time.  Seems fair to me.  I already know I am going to Hamilton.  I do not know if I will be in GA or in a seat.  I'll find out in a week and a half.  I knew the rules before I entered.  I am good with it.  
    Post edited by RP123663 on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I think they just haven't gone thru the seat assignment stage yet.  They had X amount of 10C tickets available.  Let's say 10,000 total seats.  They drew those first.  Notified people that they were going to the show.  Then the next step (after all lotteries are complete) is to assign seats based on 10C seniority.  I'm sure they could have notified those who won GA, since there are no seat assignments, but I think its fine that everyone finds out together. 

I personally put in for best available and I am fine with whatever I get.  We will all know by the end of the month.  7 full weeks before the shows start.  Not sure why it's so urgent for some.
    Then why not do it? I understand, you think it's fine; others don't. It appears a conscious choice, though, which raises the question: why?
    If you have been notified that you got tickets, why does it matter NOW if its GA or RES.   Make your plans and in 10 days, you will know where your tickets are.  Not sure I understand the drama.  Everyone will find out at the same time.  Seems fair to me.  I already know I am going to Hamilton.  I do not know if I will be in GA or in a seat.  I'll find out in a week and a half.  I knew the rules before I entered.  I am good with it.  
    Some folks want to start lining up for the rail today. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    mcgruff10 said:
    In the age of computers it is crazy to think that this is going to take four days.
    Agree.  It seems strange...
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Anyone getting shut out it can’t be an odd thing, even though the letter said “due to high demand.”
    But something still doesn’t add up. It said they’d notify you if there was a CC issue, didn’t it? 
    But that seems like one of the only possibilities. I used to have a. It’s through AAA that would decline almost any out of state purchase and lock my account, it was annoying. Maybe something weird like that and they didn’t send an email like they said.
    Either case I feel for anyone shut out with this many tickets.
  • gw246601 said:
    I put in for Toronto first pick beat available, my credit card has enough funds, Ticketmaster name and member name same but no luck in getting tickets.  Sent ten club asking if there was an error because I still haven’t received an email notifying me of not getting tickets.
    hope for the best and worst case go for public sale.
    If you haven't received an email saying you lost, then maybe check your spam folder.  You may have won, or maybe they aren't 100% finished with the drawing.  Did you check your credit card for any charges?
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

If you have been notified that you got tickets, why does it matter NOW if its GA or RES?   Make your plans and in 10 days, you will know where your tickets are.  Not sure I understand the drama.  Everyone will find out at the same time.  Seems fair to me.  I already know I am going to Hamilton.  I do not know if I will be in GA or in a seat.  I'll find out in a week and a half.  I knew the rules before I entered.  I am good with it.  
    No, you didn't know the rules, because this wasn't in the rules. FFS. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

No, you didn't know the rules, because this wasn't in the rules. FFS. 
    Yes it was. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

If someone has a high number and they pulled reserved vs GA, they might be more likely to take a crack at Verified Fan.

Also, I think there's some fuss because you found out which you got with your confirmation in every 10C lottery to date. Not that I have any issue with this, but it's a change.