***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    CopperTom said:
    I have a feeling the odds for all the shows were wrong
    Are you wearing your tin foil hat again?
    What is your deal? Seriously?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    RP123663 said:
    People should realize that the worst seat in these arenas is still closer than some of the "best" reserved seats at the Stadium shows.  These arenas are all built for concerts.  You could have been first row at Wrigley and you were a half mile away from the stage.  Any ticket to any of these shows is a good ticket.
    That’s exactly what I said.  After 5 straight stadium shows my possible reserve seats (461XXX) will feel like front row. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • 10C is one of the best things created on the planet.  I have been fortunate enough to win GA seats for my last 4 shows!  (Buffalo, Moline, Wrigley 1 and 2).   This time (because they went back to arena shows), I simply put in for best available. These crowds are going to be chock full of ten clubbers and I didn't want to risk being shut out.  I'm totally fine having a seat halfway up the lower level if that's what I get.  Don't get me wrong, the pit is wicked fun, but I'm cool with anything.  
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    "99%" is starting to look like rubbish...... :s
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    CopperTom said:
    What's yours?  I don't want to read anyone's unfounded conspiracy theories.
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    And go ahead and explain how someone with a 1st priory pick at a venue with 99% odds lost out.  So give me your enlightened reasoning. 
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    And go ahead and explain how someone with a 1st priory pick at a venue with 99% odds lost out.  So give me your enlightened reasoning. 
    Could it be that remaining 1%? :i_dunno:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    Insufficient funds.  That's an immediate disqualification and is specifically mentioned in the rules.
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    Insufficient funds.  That's an immediate disqualification and is specifically mentioned in the rules.
    Or your TM name and 10C name did not match.
  • I was gonna say perhaps a CC issue. I had Hamilton BA as my fourth pick and still got tickets.

Had (in order) BA for:

Ottawa
    TO
    QC
    Hamilton

Got all four.
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    I am well aware of that, I read the rules. And if they had the funds, names matched up, had it 1st priority, and lost. But people with a  2nd, 3rd, or 4th  priority won? Keep going...
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,803
    0-4
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    I am well aware of that, I read the rules. And if they had the funds, names matched up, had it 1st priority, and lost. But people with a  2nd, 3rd, or 4th  priority won? Keep going...
    I have a feeling you may have picked GA and not BA
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    Explanations, in order of likelihood:
    1) The person is mistaken (look over these boards; there's a lot of confused people). 
    2) User error (again).
    3) The person is lying (not accusing any specific individual, but...this is the internet). 
    4) A mistake by TM/10c (this is certainly possible, and the person/people should contact 10c to see what happened). 
    5) A major systemic flaw (possible, but the number of people reporting this problem suggests that's not the case). 

I'm sure there are others, but jumping to number 5 seems an overreaction. 
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • EH14457EH14457 Posts: 245
    Was anyone else here not asked to provide a credit card while selecting their shows? Didn’t even realize it at the time, but rereading the entry info now, I’m realizing the payment window never even popped up for me. I just went straight to the confirmation screen... and I received a confirmation email. I assumed it was just going to use the default cc from my Ticketmaster account, but now I’m a little concerned. Was anybody else not prompted for a payment method? And how did you fare in the lottery?

10/7/96 (FL), 9/22/98 (FL), 9/23/98 (FL), 8/9/00 (FL), 8/10/00 (FL), 8/12/00 (FL), 4/11/03 (FL), 4/12/03 (FL), 4/13/03 (FL), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 7/12/03 (PA), 7/14/03 (NJ), 10/8/04 (FL), 8/5/07 (IL), 11/27/12 (FL), 12/6/13 (WA), 4/8/16 (FL), 4/9/16 (FL), 4/11/16 (FL), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 8/8/18 (WA), 8/10/18 (WA), 9/25/21 (CA), 9/26/21 (CA), 5/3/22 (CA), 5/12/22 (CA), 5/13/22 (CA), 9/18/23 (TX), 9/19/23 (TX), 10/23/23 (WA), 10/24/23 (WA)

• dogrockitdogrockit Posts: 115
    0 for 4 for all Canadian shows. :s Requests were all for GA ranked in this order.

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Quebec City

In hindsight, doesn’t appear that GA only was the way to go for GA.

Looking for some love from the faithful if anyone has any spare GA for the Canadian dates.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    "99%" is starting to look like rubbish...... :s
    Oh man I hope not.  I based my priorities on the fact that some shows had 99%.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    If they go this route on the fall leg, they should charge $1.00 more to the Vitalogy Foundation for GA tix, and then people who select BA will know whether or not they won RA or RES when they look at their credit card charge
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • 1st choice - Toronto reserved - successful
    2nd choice - Ottawa reserved - successful
    3rd choice - Hamilton reserved - successful
    Being old I can't handle the GA anymore...
    Toronto 09.21.96, Barrie 08.22.98, Toronto 10.05.2000, Toronto 05.10.2006, Toronto 08.21.2009, Toronto 05.10.2011, Buffalo 10.12.2013,
     Toronto 05.10.2016 (Binaural), Wrigley 08.22.2016
    If they go this route on the fall leg, they should charge $1.00 more to the Vitalogy Foundation for GA tix, and then people who select BA will know whether or not they won RA or RES when they look at their credit card charge
    But doesn't it seem like they don't WANT you to know? Why else would the email not include the information?
  • ecdanc said:
    But doesn't it seem like they don't WANT you to know? Why else would the email not include the information?
    I think they just haven't gone thru the seat assignment stage yet.  They had X amount of 10C tickets available.  Let's say 10,000 total seats.  They drew those first.  Notified people that they were going to the show.  Then the next step (after all lotteries are complete) is to assign seats based on 10C seniority.  I'm sure they could have notified those who won GA, since there are no seat assignments, but I think its fine that everyone finds out together. 

I personally put in for best available and I am fine with whatever I get.  We will all know by the end of the month.  7 full weeks before the shows start.  Not sure why it's so urgent for some.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    dogrockit said:
    0 for 4 for all Canadian shows. :s Requests were all for GA ranked in this order.

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Quebec City

In hindsight, doesn’t appear that GA only was the way to go for GA.

Looking for some love from the faithful if anyone has any spare GA for the Canadian dates.

There are far more seats in a venue than space in GA. 

Sorry you didn't get any tickets. That's a bummer. It's not the end. I have yet to see anyone here left behind. 

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I think they just haven't gone thru the seat assignment stage yet.  They had X amount of 10C tickets available.  Let's say 10,000 total seats.  They drew those first.  Notified people that they were going to the show.  Then the next step (after all lotteries are complete) is to assign seats based on 10C seniority.  I'm sure they could have notified those who won GA, since there are no seat assignments, but I think its fine that everyone finds out together. 

I personally put in for best available and I am fine with whatever I get.  We will all know by the end of the month.  7 full weeks before the shows start.  Not sure why it's so urgent for some.
    Then why not do it? I understand, you think it's fine; others don't. It appears a conscious choice, though, which raises the question: why?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    Folks, there have only been 2 maybe 3 anomalies. It's far more likely that they have unique circumstances (no account match, ccard issue, updated their choices and didn't realize, etc.). The overwhelming majority of people have been accepted/declined in line with the odds. It just gets people riled up if you're carrying on about systemic issues. Don't set your hair on fire.
  • Alright people, I don't want to be annoying, but damn it I have to ask. How are my odds looking if I just picked reserved for MSG show?
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    Alright people, I don't want to be annoying, but damn it I have to ask. How are my odds looking if I just picked reserved for MSG show?
    MSG ended up at 57% for reserved seats.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    ecdanc said:
    For me it doesn't matter. 

1) Get in the building... everything else is gravy
    hippiemom = goodness
    ecdanc said:
    For me it doesn't matter. 

1) Get in the building... everything else is gravy
    Good for you.
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    Maybe -  and this is a stretch perhaps.. but if GA is "best available" when gunning for both GA and Reserved - and "best" seating is determined by 10c seniority, then maybe everyone who did Best Available is privy to being seated by seniority - which at that point would include GA? Either way, they're clearly taking additional time to sort out everyone's tickets or else they'd have stated if GA or reserved was what BA people won.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    ecdanc said:
    Here's a theory - they want to process CCs and deal with any resultant cancellations before they notify folks if they are GA or RES.  There is some number of people who they drew for GA who are going to have a CC fail.  When those get kicked out, some folks who they initially drew for RES get bumped into GA.

They'd want to complete this process before notifying folks of where they are sitting.  Anyway, it's just a guess.