Comments

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    If they go this route on the fall leg, they should charge $1.00 more to the Vitalogy Foundation for GA tix, and then people who select BA will know whether or not they won RA or RES when they look at their credit card charge
    But doesn't it seem like they don't WANT you to know? Why else would the email not include the information?
    I think they just haven't gone thru the seat assignment stage yet.  They had X amount of 10C tickets available.  Let's say 10,000 total seats.  They drew those first.  Notified people that they were going to the show.  Then the next step (after all lotteries are complete) is to assign seats based on 10C seniority.  I'm sure they could have notified those who won GA, since there are no seat assignments, but I think its fine that everyone finds out together. 

I personally put in for best available and I am fine with whatever I get.  We will all know by the end of the month.  7 full weeks before the shows start.  Not sure why it's so urgent for some.
    Then why not do it? I understand, you think it's fine; others don't. It appears a conscious choice, though, which raises the question: why?
    If you have been notified that you got tickets, why does it matter NOW if its GA or RES?   Make your plans and in 10 days, you will know where your tickets are.  Not sure I understand the drama.  Everyone will find out at the same time.  Seems fair to me.  I already know I am going to Hamilton.  I do not know if I will be in GA or in a seat.  I'll find out in a week and a half.  I knew the rules before I entered.  I am good with it.  
    No, you didn't know the rules, because this wasn't in the rules. FFS. 
    Yes it was. 
    Jesus fucking christ, are we going to have this conversation again? You're wrong. Read this entire thread to see why. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    If they go this route on the fall leg, they should charge $1.00 more to the Vitalogy Foundation for GA tix, and then people who select BA will know whether or not they won RA or RES when they look at their credit card charge
    But doesn't it seem like they don't WANT you to know? Why else would the email not include the information?
    I think they just haven't gone thru the seat assignment stage yet.  They had X amount of 10C tickets available.  Let's say 10,000 total seats.  They drew those first.  Notified people that they were going to the show.  Then the next step (after all lotteries are complete) is to assign seats based on 10C seniority.  I'm sure they could have notified those who won GA, since there are no seat assignments, but I think its fine that everyone finds out together. 

I personally put in for best available and I am fine with whatever I get.  We will all know by the end of the month.  7 full weeks before the shows start.  Not sure why it's so urgent for some.
    Then why not do it? I understand, you think it's fine; others don't. It appears a conscious choice, though, which raises the question: why?
    If you have been notified that you got tickets, why does it matter NOW if its GA or RES?   Make your plans and in 10 days, you will know where your tickets are.  Not sure I understand the drama.  Everyone will find out at the same time.  Seems fair to me.  I already know I am going to Hamilton.  I do not know if I will be in GA or in a seat.  I'll find out in a week and a half.  I knew the rules before I entered.  I am good with it.  
    Yes it was. 
    Jesus fucking christ, are we going to have this conversation again? You're wrong. Read this entire thread to see why. 
    All 37 pages?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

Yes it was. 
    All 37 pages?!
    I suppose one could simply read my posts, but I'm known for assigning absurd amounts of reading, so yeah!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    Maybe picking "best available" is actually the worst option than trying for just GA or just reserved?
    On one hand you have 2 people with weird circumstances. On the other hand, you have dozens and dozens and dozens of people reporting results that are exactly what you'd expect. You're welcome to enter a lottery however you want, but I think you're overreacting.

It looks to not be an overreaction.  At least 2 fans got denied for BA for 2 shows at 99%.

That's four total rejections at minimum. With 99% odds that should be impossible 

When we made our BA selections it was ONE line item. 

When we got our email, the one selection was split into 2, GA & BA.

It's possible the computer picked only on the GA and not the BA

We need to hear from our beloved 10c overlords asap
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    edited January 2020
    Anyone who thinks they go the shaft on TOR or HAM with first or second priority BA or RS care to post shot of their entry confirmation email? As someone who won with TOR as my 3rd priority, I don't believe you folks could have rightly lost. Perhaps GA was selected inadvertently? Or picks didn't actually go in, or CC issues, or actually only entered the VF thing, or requested tickets to the Bubble Guppies.  Kidding aside, it'd really like to know how that happened (as I'm sure more importantly you would).  
    Post edited by LaFleur on
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • pjl44 said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

If someone has a high number and they pulled reserved vs GA, they might be more likely to take a crack at Verified Fan.

Also, I think there's some fuss because you found out which you got with your confirmation in every 10C lottery to date. Not that I have any issue with this, but it's a change.
    Yeah, I guess change is hard for some.

As for verified fan.  Those seats are going to be the nosebleeds, I believe.  Any tickets purchased after 10 club are not going to be better than 10 club seats.  

Additionally, this isn't Wembley Stadium.  These are arenas.  The worst seat at these shows is better than some of the best RES seats at the stadium shows.  
  • Hi all, I'm new to the Ten Club and this experience in general. I put in for 1 ticket (Best available) for Nashville and made sure that my Ten Club info matched my Ticketmaster info. There's plenty of room on my card as well. I haven't gotten a notification yet either way. I was under the impression that we would be contacted over the course of a few days but people are acting like we should all know by now. 

So if I haven't gotten a notification yet, does that mean I'm out? This would be my first PJ show, so I'm gonna be bummed if that's the case. 

• Here we go again...reading comprehension. I'm thrilled I scored seats for TO and Ottawa. If we have to wait a few days to find out where we're sitting, so be it. This after all is a lottery.
  • My priority was Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (all BA) in that order and got all 3. Not expecting GA for any of them but I'll be in the building.
  • ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

Yes it was. 
    All 37 pages?!
    I suppose one could simply read my posts, but I'm known for assigning absurd amounts of reading, so yeah!
    You should cry and meltdown elsewhere.  You're having a breakdown because you made an error when you entered the lottery.  It happens.  Own it and move on.  
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Anyone who thinks they go the shaft on TOR or HAM with first or second priority BA or RS care to post shot of their entry confirmation email? As someone who won with TOR as my 3rd priority, I don't believe you folks could have rightly lost. Perhaps GA was selected inadvertently? Or picks didn't actually go in, or CC issues, or actually only entered the VF thing, or requested tickets to the Bubble Guppies.  Kidding aside, it'd really like to know how that happened (as I'm sure more importantly you are).  
    See https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283192/shut-out-once-again-ten-club-i-would-like-an-explanation#latest.
    This guy has posted his confirmation email and his decline emails.  TOR was his 1st choice, BA.  It's weird.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    There is no easier boogieman to scapegoat than Ticketmaster.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    Hi all, I'm new to the Ten Club and this experience in general. I put in for 1 ticket (Best available) for Nashville and made sure that my Ten Club info matched my Ticketmaster info. There's plenty of room on my card as well. I haven't gotten a notification yet either way. I was under the impression that we would be contacted over the course of a few days but people are acting like we should all know by now. 

So if I haven't gotten a notification yet, does that mean I'm out? This would be my first PJ show, so I'm gonna be bummed if that's the case. 

I believe Nashville has not been selected yet, only Canada shows. Today is La and Oakland and Denver. Good luck!! 
  • I'm curious if anybody inadvertently selected ADA seating instead of GA or Best Available.

During one of my selections I wasn't wearing my glasses, and almost did this.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Hi all, I'm new to the Ten Club and this experience in general. I put in for 1 ticket (Best available) for Nashville and made sure that my Ten Club info matched my Ticketmaster info. There's plenty of room on my card as well. I haven't gotten a notification yet either way. I was under the impression that we would be contacted over the course of a few days but people are acting like we should all know by now. 

Nashville hasn't been drawn yet, and won't be today either.  You should find out over the weekend.  Sorry you have to wait!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    edited January 2020
    Anyone who thinks they go the shaft on TOR or HAM with first or second priority BA or RS care to post shot of their entry confirmation email? As someone who won with TOR as my 3rd priority, I don't believe you folks could have rightly lost. Perhaps GA was selected inadvertently? Or picks didn't actually go in, or CC issues, or actually only entered the VF thing, or requested tickets to the Bubble Guppies.  Kidding aside, it'd really like to know how that happened (as I'm sure more importantly you are).  

No it looks exactly how I filled it out. When we made our picks it was a single line item BA (IIRC)

When we got the email BA was split into GA and RES

Only thing that makes sense is their program isn't reading row 2 of the BA selections and significantly understated the odds

Check it out here https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283192/shut-out-once-again-ten-club-i-would-like-an-explanation/p3
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    edited January 2020
    Anyone who thinks they go the shaft on TOR or HAM with first or second priority BA or RS care to post shot of their entry confirmation email? As someone who won with TOR as my 3rd priority, I don't believe you folks could have rightly lost. Perhaps GA was selected inadvertently? Or picks didn't actually go in, or CC issues, or actually only entered the VF thing, or requested tickets to the Bubble Guppies.  Kidding aside, it'd really like to know how that happened (as I'm sure more importantly you would).  

Check the other thread titled "10 Club i'd like an explanation". User posted a screen shot showing they picked BA for Toronto Show and Hamilton show and was denied both shows. It's all there and makes no sense at all. 
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

Yes it was. 
    All 37 pages?!
    You should cry and meltdown elsewhere.  You're having a breakdown because you made an error when you entered the lottery.  It happens.  Own it and move on.  
    I'm not crying or melting down (though I'm known to do both). I am, however, annoyed by the constant, condescending "y'all are stupid, just read the rules," "you can't read!," etc. It's rude and incorrect. 
  • Lostpawn said:
    Nashville hasn't been drawn yet, and won't be today either.  You should find out over the weekend.  Sorry you have to wait!
    Ah, thanks for the info! Like I said, I wasn't sure how this works since it's all new to me. I woke up to a text from a friend asking if I got in and started reading this thread and got in a panic. I'll chill out now. Thanks to you and wSimon for the replies! 
  • Hi all, I'm new to the Ten Club and this experience in general. I put in for 1 ticket (Best available) for Nashville 
    Welcome to the Club.  You will almost certainly get your request.  You will find out by Sunday evening.  Congrats and enjoy the show.  I'll be there as well. 
  • CPR7 said:
    CPR7 said:
    #1 - Hamilton BA - Confirmed at 9:27pm EST
    #2 - Toronto BA - Confirmed at 11:27pm EST
    Exactly 2 hours apart!
    Mine were also exactly two hours apart. Maybe it's not as manual as previously thought.
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 606

No it looks exactly how I filled it out. When we made our picks it was a single line item BA (IIRC)

When we got the email BA was split into GA and RES

Only thing that makes sense is their program isn't reading row 2 of the BA selections and significantly understated the odds

Check it out here https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283192/shut-out-once-again-ten-club-i-would-like-an-explanation/p3

Now this is where we might be on to something. And this could be the reason the Reserved odds also remained as high as they did.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    pjl44 said:
    Maybe picking "best available" is actually the worst option than trying for just GA or just reserved?
    On one hand you have 2 people with weird circumstances. On the other hand, you have dozens and dozens and dozens of people reporting results that are exactly what you'd expect. You're welcome to enter a lottery however you want, but I think you're overreacting.

It looks to not be an overreaction.  At least 2 fans got denied for BA for 2 shows at 99%.

That's four total rejections at minimum. With 99% odds that should be impossible 

When we made our BA selections it was ONE line item. 

When we got our email, the one selection was split into 2, GA & BA.

It's possible the computer picked only on the GA and not the BA

We need to hear from our beloved 10c overlords asap
    2 people vs everyone else. Unless we get additional info, the most likely scenario is some issue on their end.

Look at the pages and pages of people who chose BA and got selected. Why in the world would you hone in on that as the problem?

When you selected BA, it auto-filled GA and Res. The reverse worked too - if you selected both GA and Res, it auto-filled BA. Why must you constantly be on a mission to find something to get worked up about?

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    ecdanc said:
    on2legs said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:
    RP123663 said:
    ecdanc said:

Yes it was. 
    I read the rules. No need to reread the thread.  =).  Have a great day. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    Thanks 10C/PJ..looking forward to the road trip
    1. Toronto BA
    2. Hamilton BA
    3. Quebec BA
    4. Ottawa BA

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Once Toronto was done why didn’t the ticket draw for the next show auotomatically start?  Did the computer need a rest?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    PJammin said:

Check the other thread titled "10 Club i'd like an explanation". User posted a screen shot showing they picked BA for Toronto Show and Hamilton show and was denied both shows. It's all there and makes no sense at all. 
    I still think there's got to be something else wrong with those entries. The screen shot from the other thread still showed 99% for GA...so obviously entered early, perhaps picks were changed somehow....not accusing anyone of anything; I just don't believe there is some conspiracy or system error that screwed people.   
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    mcgruff10 said:
    Once Toronto was done why didn’t the ticket draw for the next show auotomatically start?  Did the computer need a rest?

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    mcgruff10 said:
    That’s a good point. Perhaps there is some human oversight to the process.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    mcgruff10 said:
    Maybe 10c is also manually checking to make sure people are not working the system as they go? 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...