***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• MR242791 said:
    demetrios said:
    All the best to those who entered for Denver, LA 1 & LA 2, Oakland 1 & Oakland 2 10club tickets. 

so I'm guessing that the lottery will be held today for these concerts.  cool.  i wanna book my hotels ASAP. lol

MR242791 said:
    demetrios said:
    All the best to those who entered for Denver, LA 1 & LA 2, Oakland 1 & Oakland 2 10club tickets. 

so I'm guessing that the lottery will be held today for these concerts.  cool.  i wanna book my hotels ASAP. lol

I would book them now with free cancellation as an option. I booked mine prior to even finding out if I got tickets.
    Absolutely the only way to go....you wait for people to get confirmed tix and the prices will inflate immediately....Marriott has free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance.  
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    ajflicker said:
    dogrockit said:
    0 for 4 for all Canadian shows. :s Requests were all for GA ranked in this order.

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Quebec City

In hindsight, doesn’t appear that GA only was the way to go for GA.

Looking for some love from the faithful if anyone has any spare GA for the Canadian dates.

I had the same selections and order as you except no QC, only got Toronto though. Feeling very lucky!
    It seems selecting GA only lowered chances of just getting in the building.
    Stroke Beard Pondering GIF by Captain Obvious
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    ajflicker said:
    dogrockit said:
    0 for 4 for all Canadian shows. :s Requests were all for GA ranked in this order.

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Quebec City

Looking for some love from the faithful if anyone has any spare GA for the Canadian dates.

I had the same selections and order as you except no QC, only got Toronto though. Feeling very lucky!
    It's remarkable how some people are only realizing this now. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 491
    JG108535 said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Can anyone confirm the opener?

Ex rhcp Josh Klinghoffer's new band Pluralone is listed on Baltimore TM. Must be the whole tour!!??
    Interesting not "Evenings with" shows.
    Just listened to Pluralone....very Smashing Pumpkinsesque

• ajflicker said:
    dogrockit said:

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Quebec City

Exactly
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    MR242791 said:
    demetrios said:

MR242791 said:
    demetrios said:

I would book them now with free cancellation as an option. I booked mine prior to even finding out if I got tickets.
    Absolutely the only way to go....you wait for people to get confirmed tix and the prices will inflate immediately....Marriott has free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance.  
    A lot of us booked hotels weeks ago when the dates were "guessed and confirmed" in the rumor thread. Booked refundable everything. Phoenix for example, hotels went up $200 closes to arena
  • MMMBFanMMMBFan Posts: 18
    I read a couple pages back in discussions about no tickets for Canada -someone mentioning they didn't have a payment page pop up on Ticketmaster; I didn't either so I went to their site to check my information.  No credit card was listed for purchases I think because my credit card had expired and I haven't bought any tickets since 2018.  I added a credit card then called the 10c TM phone to make sure all was okay for Phoenix and San Diego.  She said all looked ready for ticket purchases.  I know this is very basic info but I recommend you check your TM account if it's been a while
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    ajflicker said:
    dogrockit said:

Toronto
    Hamilton
    Ottawa
    Quebec City

I don't take pleasure in fans getting shut out/disappointed but man it is always interesting to see people struggle with these concepts. Every time.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • MMMBFan said:
    I read a couple pages back in discussions about no tickets for Canada -someone mentioning they didn't have a payment page pop up on Ticketmaster; I didn't either so I went to their site to check my information.  No credit card was listed for purchases I think because my credit card had expired and I haven't bought any tickets since 2018.  I added a credit card then called the 10c TM phone to make sure all was okay for Phoenix and San Diego.  She said all looked ready for ticket purchases.  I know this is very basic info but I recommend you check your TM account if it's been a while
    Thanks for the tip on this! I just purchased Willie Nelson tix, and it had an old Expiration Date saved for my card!

98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    MR242791 said:
    demetrios said:

MR242791 said:
    demetrios said:

A lot of us booked hotels weeks ago when the dates were "guessed and confirmed" in the rumor thread. Booked refundable everything. Phoenix for example, hotels went up $200 closes to arena
    The Aloft beside the arena in PHX went from $150 to $220 in the hour before and the hour after the tour announcement. 

• jcoudrietjcoudriet Posts: 18
    edited January 2020
    My show requests won’t be announced until Saturday or Sunday. I totally feel like a kid waiting for Santa to arrive Christmas Day! 
    Me too! 
  • EF11EF11 Posts: 99
    MMMBFan said:

Good call. I got the payment popup and entered my details, and my card info is all updated with 10C, but I just checked and my Ticketmaster account had an old card listed. Not sure if this would have made any difference since I entered my payment details when I put in my lottery requests, but I'm not taking any chances!
  • FlyingwFlyingw Posts: 443
    Flyingw said:
    Just landed TO tix. So excited! Night 1 of the tour!
    See you there, then? :)
    You bet! You are buying the Merch.
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    there is no impossible outcome with a lottery, nothing is guaranteed even at 99% odds, and I'm sure those odds went down just minutes before the closing.  1%=100 at 10,000 ticket allocation, if the odds went to 80 or 75% it would be even more.

I estimate the demand for any type of seating is more than the allocated seats available.  This is why I believe they do not go with everyone that put in for GA only or BA  as all the GA would be gone on the first draw.

all the winner emails went out which really gives people hope, but it takes time to go to the next draw and again until all the tickets are gone, then the non-winner emails go out.  people are understanably devastated as so much hype about 99% BA choice you will get tickets no matter what.

It is a lottery, 50/50 your name will be drawn for the seats you requested.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    mpedone said:
    mickdee said:
    woke up to 4 emails unsuccessful Toronto/Ottawa/Quebec/Hamilton GA's, despite getting email with odds of 59/99/99/81 percent. disappointed is understatement. Signed up for Phoenix/San Diego/LA/Oakland, trying to remain hopeful, but dreading thought of going 0-8. If anyone needs a +1 for the Canadian shows let me know !

GA or Best Available? From what I've seen, the final odds for GA only for the Canada shows were 32/56/75/40.
    Right, the final odds meant that if you put in GA only for all 4 shows, you were basically wasting your last 3 picks as the odds of GA going past first priority were slim, and probably nil for going past 2nd priority. And if mickdee prioritized in the order he listed (Toronto first with 32% odds, best odds in QC as 3rd priority) he gave himself only a small chance to get 1 pair of tickets at best.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • edoconedocon Posts: 324
    amethgr8 said:
    there is no impossible outcome with a lottery, nothing is guaranteed even at 99% odds, and I'm sure those odds went down just minutes before the closing.  1%=100 at 10,000 ticket allocation, if the odds went to 80 or 75% it would be even more.

I estimate the demand for any type of seating is more than the allocated seats available.  This is why I believe they do not go with everyone that put in for GA only or BA  as all the GA would be gone on the first draw.

all the winner emails went out which really gives people hope, but it takes time to go to the next draw and again until all the tickets are gone, then the non-winner emails go out.  people are understanably devastated as so much hype about 99% BA choice you will get tickets no matter what.

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion there's a 50% chance your name gets drawn. It would seem if you have 99% chance of getting tickets than there's probably a better than 50% chance of you getting your name drawn?
  •  I chose BA to make my odds better. I will just be happy to be there, but do you think there is a possibility of getting GA if you did put BA at all?
  • jcoudriet said:
     I chose BA to make my odds better. I will just be happy to be there, but do you think there is a possibility of getting GA if you did put BA at all?
    Oh boy...be prepared for the onslaught of peeps telling you that closing BA didn’t improve your odds. 
    jcoudriet said:
     I chose BA to make my odds better. I will just be happy to be there, but do you think there is a possibility of getting GA if you did put BA at all?
    Oh boy...be prepared for the onslaught of peeps telling you that closing BA didn’t improve your odds. 
    It does make her odds better than choosing GA only.

And to the original question, yes there certainly should be folks getting GA tix who selected BA
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    jcoudriet said:
    Yes. In fact your odds of getting GA are exactly the same as if you'd chosen GA only.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • SlettelleirSlettelleir Posts: 108
    edited January 2020
    Just got confirmation for Denver!  Requsted BA
    Post edited by Slettelleir on
  • Poncier said:
    jcoudriet said:
    It does make her odds better than choosing GA only.

And to the original question, yes there certainly should be folks getting GA tix who selected BA
    I’m not saying anything different. 😊
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    demetrios said:
    Thank you!!  
    good luck E1
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    edocon said:
    amethgr8 said:

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion there's a 50% chance your name gets drawn. It would seem if you have 99% chance of getting tickets than there's probably a better than 50% chance of you getting your name drawn?
    just my opinion of the years of reading, participating and learning from the lottery system.

I don't believe the 99% possibility of ticket award is related to my estimate of 50% chance your name will be drawn at all.  I see it as IF your name is drawn from the hat, you have a 99% of winning tickets and 1% of not winning tickets.

So if there are 1000 names in a hat, what are the chances your name will be drawn?  I don't know statistics, so I think 50/50 that my name will be drawn.  
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Got all 4! So stoked!  😃

Thank you so much Ten Club.  There is often a lot of bitching here but EVERYONE should be thanking them for securing so many tickets and running a painless lottery system that had great instructions.  Ten Club is first class.  I remember the F5 days and they have really worked hard to get the system improved and even more Ten Club tickets.

Feeling very thankful and excited.

See you all in the road in our beautiful 🇨🇦🎸🍻🤟
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,428
    edited January 2020
    amethgr8 said:
    edocon said:
    amethgr8 said:

just my opinion of the years of reading, participating and learning from the lottery system.

I don't believe the 99% possibility of ticket award is related to my estimate of 50% chance your name will be drawn at all.  I see it as IF your name is drawn from the hat, you have a 99% of winning tickets and 1% of not winning tickets.

So if there are 1000 names in a hat, what are the chances your name will be drawn?  I don't know statistics, so I think 50/50 that my name will be drawn.  
    but doesn't 99% suggest that there are at least as many tickets than entries?

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • TLDR, is Oakland getting drawn today?!?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    amethgr8 said:
    edocon said:
    amethgr8 said:

You answered it right there.
    If the odds are at 99%, the odds of you getting selected are 99% assuming there are no issues with your submission, not 50%.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168
    MR242791 said:
    demetrios said:

Yes! All the best! :)https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2020-north-america-tour-presale-timeline

• chittychitty Posts: 609
    Hamilton
    GA
    45xxx

no success. First time I’ve never got what I put in for