BALTIMORE thread

Comments

• reyrey Posts: 280
    stanudes said:

cool

Where was the 2013 wishlist pre party at? I forget the name of the place.

I think it was at Pratt Street Ale House......I recall it was very close to the arena.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    i'm staying at the Residency innnnnn
  • I'm in for Best Available...Crossing my fingers for the next few days.  Any cool off the beaten path places as I've been to Baltimore a few times and have done the tourist stuff.  Hoping (if I get tix) to fly in the day before the show and leave the day after.

Cleveland 03', Cincinnati 03' (Flooded), Cincinnati 06', Cincinnati 14', Chicago N2 23', Indy 23' (Cancelled), Vegas N2 24', Seattle N1 24', Indy 24', Chicago N2 24'
    stanudes said:

cool

Where was the 2013 wishlist pre party at? I forget the name of the place.

I think it was at Pratt Street Ale House......I recall it was very close to the arena.
    Yep.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    100 Pacer said:
    What are the tasty food options within walking distance?
    I usually hit Fell's Point for food as most of the options near the Arena/Harbor area are commercial chains.  You can walk it (its like a mile or so), but it can get a little sketchy walking thru the Jonestown negihborhood, so I'd recommend Uber/Lyft.  Pratt Street Ale House is right around the corner from the Arena though, and they have decent food but nothing to really write home about.
    Thanks Dyer. Assuming tickets are secured it’ll be a fun time planning it all out. Here’s hoping for solid weather all around.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Lord Baltimore hotel for Fri & Sat nights. Looking for great beer (Max's Taphouse, I hear), record stores, maybe O's tickets, and definitely spots for excellent crabs/seafood.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    I put in for GA only. I will make the 8 hour drive for that. Here is to hoping for luck! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Lord Baltimore hotel for Fri & Sat nights. Looking for great beer (Max's Taphouse, I hear), record stores, maybe O's tickets, and definitely spots for excellent crabs/seafood.
    Looks like the Yankees are in town that Saturday and Sunday

Cleveland 03', Cincinnati 03' (Flooded), Cincinnati 06', Cincinnati 14', Chicago N2 23', Indy 23' (Cancelled), Vegas N2 24', Seattle N1 24', Indy 24', Chicago N2 24'
  • Stayed in Lord Baltimore in 2013. Dirty room, no smoke detectors. Never again.  

Hoping the Radisson next door is a better option.
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    I'm definitely trying to be there since I can drive home & sleep in my own bed that night.  I've seen several shows at Baltimore/1st Mariner/Royal Farms Arena and one thing they have in common is they all sounded amazing!  I'm not quite sure what it is with the acoustics in that building, but shows are loud and clear in there.  It'd be a terrible place to see a basketball or hockey game, but it's honestly one of the best sounding arenas I've been in for shows.  Plenty to do in & around the arena or within a short Uber/Lyft ride.
    Be sure to hit up Fell's Point, all kinds of cool shops and restaurants.  I highly recommend Blue Moon Cafe, Waterfront Hotel, & Abbey Burger Bistro (for the soccer hooligans).  Pub Dog on Federal Hill is also a decent stop for pizza & beer, and there's an Abbey Burger there as well.  And for good crabs, skip the overpriced and overhyped Phillip's and head down to LP Steamers in Locust Point. Get the Crab Fluff, trust me on this!  And if you're a record collector, you absolutely have to stop in The Sound Garden in Fell's.  If you're feeling adventurous, head up to Mt. Vernon and check out The Brewer's Art - excellent brewpub/fancy restaurant (they have a basement bar for us common folk).
    Now this is an absolute solid 5 star post !!! 
    Absolutely on point and filled with the useful information I was looking for.  I am gonna go to one of the places on this list just based on the fact that Dyer clearly knows WTF he is talking about.

I have bought stuff off this guy and he is a class act ! 

Thanks for the info Dyer ! Can’t wait for Baltimore !
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    really hope to never live in a place that makes me say "the thing I miss most about living there was the food I got from the gas station"
    so Royal Farms is a gas station chain with good chicken ?? 
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I was at the 2013 show. Great sound and fun vibe.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • stickman said:
    really hope to never live in a place that makes me say "the thing I miss most about living there was the food I got from the gas station"
    well, it's a gas station chain.  can't say as I can speak to the quality of the chicken.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,937
    stickman said:
    well, it's a gas station chain.  can't say as I can speak to the quality of the chicken.

Tony Kornheiser raves about it.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    I’m stoked for this show
    album day before
    yankee game prior to show
    MSG on Monday

Cali 2 weeks later
    europe in July

all takes a lil sting out of turning 40 this coming November 😦

have a lot of non PJ stuff planned too
  • Jdub5521Jdub5521 Posts: 147
    For the beer geeks in the crowd, Union Craft Brewing is my favorite Baltimore brewery. It has a huge, fantastic taproom / biergarten setup which if the weather is decent in late March would be a great place to hang in the afternoon prior to the show. It's north of downtown and would be a ~15 min drive for anyone staying close to the venue but well worth it if you're looking for a pint and some pizza. 
  • rberko1rberko1 Posts: 82
    edited January 2020
    Lord Baltimore hotel for Fri & Sat nights. Looking for great beer (Max's Taphouse, I hear), record stores, maybe O's tickets, and definitely spots for excellent crabs/seafood.
    The Sound Garden is the best record store in town. A nice little hole-in-the-wall shop downtown is Protean Records.
    Post edited by rberko1 on
    09.24.96 - Columbia, MD / 09.18.98 - Columbia, MD / 09.04.00 - Columbia, MD / 07.01.03 - Bristow, VA / 05.30.06 - Washington, DC / 06.15.09 - Baltimore, MD (Ed solo) / 10.27.09 - Philadelphia, PA / 10.28.09 - Philadelphia, PA / 10.09.10 - Baltimore, MD (Brad) / 10.27.13 - Baltimore, MD / 04.29.16 - Philadelphia, PA / 08.07.16 - Boston, MA / 11.04.16 - Upper Darby, PA (Temple of the Dog) / 04.07.17 - Brooklyn, NY (Hall of Fame) / 09.04.18 - Boston, MA / 03.28.20 - Baltimore, MD / 09.18.21 - Asbury Park, NJ / 05.09.22 - Glendale, AZ / 09.14.22 - Camden, NJ / 09.04.24 - New York, NY / 09.07.24 - Philadelphia, PA / 09.09.24 - Philadelphia, PA / 09.12.24 - Baltimore, MD / Next tour in Seattle??
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    stickman said:
    I'm definitely trying to be there since I can drive home & sleep in my own bed that night.  I've seen several shows at Baltimore/1st Mariner/Royal Farms Arena and one thing they have in common is they all sounded amazing!  I'm not quite sure what it is with the acoustics in that building, but shows are loud and clear in there.  It'd be a terrible place to see a basketball or hockey game, but it's honestly one of the best sounding arenas I've been in for shows.  Plenty to do in & around the arena or within a short Uber/Lyft ride.
    Be sure to hit up Fell's Point, all kinds of cool shops and restaurants.  I highly recommend Blue Moon Cafe, Waterfront Hotel, & Abbey Burger Bistro (for the soccer hooligans).  Pub Dog on Federal Hill is also a decent stop for pizza & beer, and there's an Abbey Burger there as well.  And for good crabs, skip the overpriced and overhyped Phillip's and head down to LP Steamers in Locust Point. Get the Crab Fluff, trust me on this!  And if you're a record collector, you absolutely have to stop in The Sound Garden in Fell's.  If you're feeling adventurous, head up to Mt. Vernon and check out The Brewer's Art - excellent brewpub/fancy restaurant (they have a basement bar for us common folk).
    Now this is an absolute solid 5 star post !!! 
    Absolutely on point and filled with the useful information I was looking for.  I am gonna go to one of the places on this list just based on the fact that Dyer clearly knows WTF he is talking about.

I have bought stuff off this guy and he is a class act ! 

Thanks for the info Dyer ! Can’t wait for Baltimore !
    Yeah really great info thanks Dyer , I’ve never been to Baltimore this helps a ton ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I have Baltimore as my second choice.  Hopefully that 74% chance holds and I get lucky.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Hoping to catch tickets to Baltimore and was discussing the city with my wife tonight. The topic of crime came up as it is known for having a higher rate. I Googled it just to see what would show for stats and it was not good timing as this was posted hours before and was the top news result...
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-shooting-royal-farms-arena-20200115-20200115-ts6tfrpclfarrpvwjpwovyqmy4-story.html

Crazy things happen in all cities and we're still excited for the trip. Stay safe everyone and bring on the shows!
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    My first priority....hope I will be here!

RATS in Baltimore is a guarantee right?
  • pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    RT85129 said:
    My first priority....hope I will be here!

RATS in Baltimore is a guarantee right?

Rats, bedbugs, murders, crab-cakes, Natty Boh, police brutality, are all Baltimore staples.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I just checked my 2013 ticket, and the show was at the Baltimore arena. This one is at Royal Farms, and I've never been there. From the looks of it, it is near the water. I'm going with my niece. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku said:
    I just checked my 2013 ticket, and the show was at the Baltimore arena. This one is at Royal Farms, and I've never been there. From the looks of it, it is near the water. I'm going with my niece. 
    I believe the Baltimore Arena was renamed to Royal Farms Arena
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I believe the Baltimore Arena was renamed to Royal Farms Arena

Yes, same building.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Looking forward to it, priority 1. Fingers crossed.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    That is a nice venue. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,383
    rberko1 said:
    The Sound Garden is the best record store in town. A nice little hole-in-the-wall shop downtown is Protean Records.
    Been in there lately? It's going the way of other record store we had in town. They've gutted the almost brand new vinyl addition area and turned it into a coffee shop. Where there 4 full rows of CDs are about 1.5 rows now. Plenty of crap pop funkos and socks though.
  • BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    Stood outside The Sound Garden for 4 hours to be in line for Vs. when they opened at midnight the "day" it went on sale. back in the day