North American Tour Odds

Comments

• MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    JR86440 said:
    I really don't think the odds are accurate anymore (if I am understanding the selection process correctly) because of the "best available" option. I hope I'm very wrong, but I'm worried that the 99% is way wrong and will get people's hopes up.
    They update twice a day. Doubt the computer is wrong
    That's not what I mean, at all.  The question is where were the "best available" people allocated for purposes of the odds?  Based on the numbers, I think they were allocated to the GA pot.  That means that once GA is sold out, the remaining "best available" people will spill over into the "reserved" pot and that will drastically change the "reserved" odds.  Again, I hope I'm wrong.  I just don't see how for a majority of the shows they could have more reserved tickets than were requested by both the "reserved" entries and the "best available" entries. That is what would be needed to have 99% odds.

I think they do have more spots than requests so far. I bet most orders are best available and that automatically gets added to the GA odds pool. Say they have 5000 GA spots and another 5k reserved. If the odds for GA are at 50%, then that show has gotten 10k best available requests. 5k will get GA and 5k will get reserved. So 100% odds reserved is accurate. For most shows they have way more than 5k reserved. Probably close to 10k. (I also think the pit is smaller than 5k, but I wanted to make it easy). Does this make sense?
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:
    Reading through this thread it sounds like many don't know how the odds work.
    I understand it like this....
    if 10C has 10,000 seats for a show and 5k put it as their first choice, 5k put it as their second and 5k put it as their third choice the lotto will end up with the following results.
    Everyone who put it as first will get it. Everyone who put it as second will get it. No one who put it as third will get it. But the odds are displayed as 67% since there are 10k seats and 15k requests for them.

Priority is the biggest factor. But it looks like even MSG has a very good shot if it is your first pick.
    This guy gets it. I don't understand why so many people are confused by the odds. A 99% means that basically they have not met demand for their allotted tickets yet so no matter the ranking you'll most likely get it. At 11%, it is saying there are many more requests (among all the entries) than tickets.

Then as they draw winners, show by show, starting with the First Priority pool, they will fill those orders. If after first priority is full, say 200 of the 10000 tickets remain, your odds are then about 2%, and they'll go through the second priority requests. 
    So if there are 99% odds for any show, everyone would get tickets even if it was their 5th choice? I am assuming that any request rank is added to the pool and helps decide the odds. 
    Correct.  The odds represent a WORST case scenario.  Not best.  Let's say there are 500 pairs of tickets:

Choice 1:  100 people
    Choice 2:  100 people
    Choice 3:  100 people
    Choice 4:  100 people
    Choice 5:  100 people

The odds will be 99% (100% really...).
    Do you *know* this is the case? Or do you surmise it's the case?
    I would say "surmise" since I have no inside knowledge.
    Thanks, that's what I was wondering. I presume we don't have many posters here with inside info (on this aspect), but I thought I'd check. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    FW46778 said:
    There is no priority for this one run by Ticketmaster
    There is a priority. You can drop and drag the shows in the preference order you like.
  • GA should always be easy to trade for Reserve correct?
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    MD190661 said:
    JR86440 said:
    I really don't think the odds are accurate anymore (if I am understanding the selection process correctly) because of the "best available" option. I hope I'm very wrong, but I'm worried that the 99% is way wrong and will get people's hopes up.
    That's not what I mean, at all.  The question is where were the "best available" people allocated for purposes of the odds?  Based on the numbers, I think they were allocated to the GA pot.  That means that once GA is sold out, the remaining "best available" people will spill over into the "reserved" pot and that will drastically change the "reserved" odds.  Again, I hope I'm wrong.  I just don't see how for a majority of the shows they could have more reserved tickets than were requested by both the "reserved" entries and the "best available" entries. That is what would be needed to have 99% odds.

I think they do have more spots than requests so far. I bet most orders are best available and that automatically gets added to the GA odds pool. Say they have 5000 GA spots and another 5k reserved. If the odds for GA are at 50%, then that show has gotten 10k best available requests. 5k will get GA and 5k will get reserved. So 100% odds reserved is accurate. For most shows they have way more than 5k reserved. Probably close to 10k. (I also think the pit is smaller than 5k, but I wanted to make it easy). Does this make sense?
    Agreed, and I bet very few people are "reserved only", so those GA odds are dropping quick. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    GA should always be easy to trade for Reserve correct?
    except you can't trade....if you don't want GA you have to sell it in the exchange
    Vedd Hedd said:
    MD190661 said:
    JR86440 said:

Agreed, and I bet very few people are "reserved only", so those GA odds are dropping quick. 
    and it doesn't do you any more good to put reserved only instead of best available....it just depends on when your name gets pulled, IF it does
  • astev09astev09 Posts: 60
    Anyone have an update on St. Louis odds? Been at work all day and haven’t kept up! 
    astev09 said:
    Anyone have an update on St. Louis odds? Been at work all day and haven’t kept up! 
    25/99
  • MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:
    if 10C has 10,000 seats for a show and 5k put it as their first choice, 5k put it as their second and 5k put it as their third choice the lotto will end up with the following results.
    Everyone who put it as first will get it. Everyone who put it as second will get it. No one who put it as third will get it. But the odds are displayed as 67% since there are 10k seats and 15k requests for them.

Priority is the biggest factor. But it looks like even MSG has a very good shot if it is your first pick.
    This guy gets it. I don't understand why so many people are confused by the odds. A 99% means that basically they have not met demand for their allotted tickets yet so no matter the ranking you'll most likely get it. At 11%, it is saying there are many more requests (among all the entries) than tickets.

Then as they draw winners, show by show, starting with the First Priority pool, they will fill those orders. If after first priority is full, say 200 of the 10000 tickets remain, your odds are then about 2%, and they'll go through the second priority requests. 
    So if there are 99% odds for any show, everyone would get tickets even if it was their 5th choice? I am assuming that any request rank is added to the pool and helps decide the odds. 
    Correct.  The odds represent a WORST case scenario.  Not best.  Let's say there are 500 pairs of tickets:

Cool. This helps me decide what to do with Oakland. I'm counting on most people picking Saturday as their first choice and Sunday 2nd, as I did. Then we are all (mostly) in the same boat for GA or decent seats for both shows. Of course if I want a much better chance at GA for Sunday, I could pick that as my first choice and Saturday as my second. However if I do this, I am pretty much guaranteeing that I don't get GA for Saturday and probably bad seats for Saturday since my request won't even be looked at until all Saturday 1st choice orders are filled. I really don't want crappy seats for either show, so I feel I am gambling a bit that one of the days will yield GA and the other good seats.  
    MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

Cool. This helps me decide what to do with Oakland. I'm counting on most people picking Saturday as their first choice and Sunday 2nd, as I did. Then we are all (mostly) in the same boat for GA or decent seats for both shows. Of course if I want a much better chance at GA for Sunday, I could pick that as my first choice and Saturday as my second. However if I do this, I am pretty much guaranteeing that I don't get GA for Saturday and probably bad seats for Saturday since my request won't even be looked at until all Saturday 1st choice orders are filled. I really don't want crappy seats for either show, so I feel I am gambling a bit that one of the days will yield GA and the other good seats.  
    I believe they decide the order of Reserved by seniority after all tickets are accounted for and wouldn't matter if you get reserved as a second choice?  If you have a bad 10c number I don't think you will be closer if you have it as a first choice as opposed to second.  That is my understanding anyway. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

I believe they decide the order of Reserved by seniority after all tickets are accounted for and wouldn't matter if you get reserved as a second choice?  If you have a bad 10c number I don't think you will be closer if you have it as a first choice as opposed to second.  That is my understanding anyway. 
    Reserved seating locations are based solely on seniority. 
  • Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 334
    edited January 2020
    Vedd Hedd said:
    MD190661 said:
    JR86440 said:

and it doesn't do you any more good to put reserved only instead of best available....it just depends on when your name gets pulled, IF it does
    So should I put best available or just reserved as I want reserved only, don’t want to stand or does it make more sense to put both just in case. Only putting in for one show too. (QC)
    Post edited by Celticskemba8 on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    Probably go in order of the tour.  So Canada finds out first and the west coast crowd are waiting until the 19th?   
  • ajflickerajflicker Posts: 166
    MD190661 said:
    JR86440 said:

I was wondering that as well because I want to change my priority from best available to RS for the Hamilton and Toronto show. If the odds stay 99% for both shows at the deadline does that mean you are guaranteed a seat if thats your priority?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    ajflicker said:
    MD190661 said:
    JR86440 said:

I was wondering that as well because I want to change my priority from best available to RS for the Hamilton and Toronto show. If the odds stay 99% for both shows at the deadline does that mean you are guaranteed a seat if thats your priority?
    One would think so.  Makes sense if you don’t want GA.
    MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

Yes, but if you are putting in for more than 1 show, everyone who has your second choice as their first choice gets tickets before you. So 10 Club member #1 gets what left after 10 Club member 700000 gets their seats. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

Yes, but if you are putting in for more than 1 show, everyone who has your second choice as their first choice gets tickets before you. So 10 Club member #1 gets what left after 10 Club member 700000 gets their seats. 
    No, I fear you're conflating two discrete steps in the process:

Step 1: Ticket allocation. This operates as a lottery. 
    Step 2: Seat assignment. This operates solely by seniority.

Thus, whether you GET seats might be determined as you describe, but where those seats are is based entirely on seniority. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    So, I work in corporate at a high end fashion company and my office is right next door the Director of Loss Prevention, who's whole job is to make sure no product slips out the back door.

I just told him about the whole 'speculation listings and sales' on StubHub and asked what he thought was going on.

Instead of giving me his opinion he was like, "Why don't I just reach out to the guy that does my job at Ticketmaster and ask him.  I've known him for years."

Anyway, hopefully I should have an answer from the actual source soon as to where these tickets are coming from.

I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I get some info.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Can't keep up with this anymore. Totally lost. Will just wait for my e-mail(s) tomorrow(?). 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Random thought on the stubhub listings: it could be “dummy” sales between ticket broker accounts designed to inflate the average price suggested by the Stubhub algorithm. So that as more supply gets added it suggests a higher price to people to set the market. Who knows if they are actually legit sales that will close. I don’t see how they can be.
  • At this point in my life I would prefer having a seat, but I put best available and will take what I get. 
  • ecdanc said:
    MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

Thus, whether you GET seats might be determined as you describe, but where those seats are is based entirely on seniority. 
    That's what I thought.  Seniority is done once all reserved tickets for a show are accounted for, regardless what order the show was preferred by the 10c member. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,163
    Both of my choices I put in for reserved only with a low number it makes more sense ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    At this point in my life I would prefer having a seat, but I put best available and will take what I get. 
    Odds for reserved seats are far greater for every show, depending on which show many of them are practically a guarantee at 99%. If you prefer a seat, there's no reason to even shoot for GA.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
    ecdanc said:
    MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

MD190661 said:
    MD190661 said:
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:

You don't think they fill all first choice orders first, then start with second choice? Or you think they just take the pool of every order after GA is filled and then assign seats by member # assuming there are enough seats to fill all orders as the rank decreases? Seems it makes ranking orders a bit less meaningful for most of the shows since there are enough seats to fill all requests for a lot of the tour. Is this spelled out anywhere? I know they are assigning seats by seniority, but is it clear that all ranked choices are lumped together as you described? Not saying you are wrong, just like playing with the odds!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,163
    BV84003 said:
    At this point in my life I would prefer having a seat, but I put best available and will take what I get. 
    Odds for reserved seats are far greater for every show, depending on which show many of them are practically a guarantee at 99%. If you prefer a seat, there's no reason to even shoot for GA.
    That’s my thinking on my choices I don’t want anything to do with GA ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edited January 2020
    here are 4 random people, the are all 10C members.  

A.  Member # 123,456
    B.  Member # 75,000
    C.  Member # 350,000
    D. Member # 200,000

All of them put in for Reserved at MSG.  

After the random lottery, Members A and C get picked.   this means that Member B, with the best 10c number does not get tickets.  Their seniority did not help them. 

Now, since A and C got picked.   Member A gets the closer seats than member C.   Their seniority DID help them get the closer seats, ONCE they got selected. 

The time they requested tickets did not matter.  Their numbers didnt matter, in terms of getting selected.  Getting selected for tickets is completely random. 

Once they got picked, THEN their seniority comes into play. If they all did GA, then they would all have an equal shot of being on the rail, just depends on how long they wanted to camp out.(provided they dont do anything different at the gate.)

Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Vedd Hedd said:
    here are 4 random people, the are all 10C members.  

A.  Member # 123,456
    B.  Member # 75,000
    C.  Member # 350,000
    D. Member # 200,000

All of them put in for Reserved at MSG.  

After the random lottery, Members A and C get picked.   this means that Member B, with the best 10c number does not get tickets.  Their seniority did not help them. 

Now, since A and C got picked.   Member A gets the closer seats than member C.   Their seniority DID help them get the closer seats, ONCE they got selected. 

The time they requested tickets did not matter.  Their numbers didnt matter, in terms of getting selected.  Getting selected for tickets is completely random. 

Once they got picked, THEN their seniority comes into play. If they all did GA, then they would all have an equal shot of being on the rail, just depends on how long they wanted to camp out.(provided they dont do anything different at the gate.)

I was just going to write a post explaining this when your post showed up. You've done so far better than I could. Seriously: well done. 
  • ajflickerajflicker Posts: 166
    BV84003 said:
    That’s my thinking on my choices I don’t want anything to do with GA ...
    I don't mind GA but my wife is short so she likely wouldn't be able to see. So I think I am switching my priority to reserved seating.
    OK. I'm focused on Oakland. I put in for 2 shows and let's say all seats are reserved. I am going to get tickets to both shows no matter what order I put them in. If I assume most people put Saturday as their first choice and I put Sunday first, wouldn't I get higher priority for better seats over anyone who put Saturday as their first choice? Even if my member number is higher? If there is 100% odds of getting both shows, then what is the point of even prioritizing the date if everyone with a lower member number gets better seats than me no matter what their priority show was?