Options

Pearl Jam North American Tour 2020

Comments

• Options
    Man, I really feel fortunate I got 10C tickets for Baltimore. Looks like a lot of people came up empty with 10C and Ticketmaster.
    Washington, D.C. 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA 2006
    State College, PA 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA 2003
  • Options
    hey adams.waters
    how did you do it on a mac?
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    I get we all love to bash Ticketmaster ... but the issue here is too many people want tickets to too few shows ... remove TM from the process and the same number of people get shut out, so let's focus on the real problem.  I never thought i'd say this but i support the 1 show pp for club tickets if we're going to have these short-segment tours (which will always be the case going forward).
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Discopij said:
    I get we all love to bash Ticketmaster ... but the issue here is too many people want tickets to too few shows ... remove TM from the process and the same number of people get shut out, so let's focus on the real problem.  I never thought i'd say this but i support the 1 show pp for club tickets if we're going to have these short-segment tours (which will always be the case going forward).
    Then we'd still have threads filled with people complaining that they didn't get tickets to MSG and the rest of the shows would have fewer 10c members at them. 
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    got my san diego Tickets!   section H row 18...stone's side stage!!
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    Then we'd still have threads filled with people complaining that they didn't get tickets to MSG and the rest of the shows would have fewer 10c members at them. 
    2nd / 3rd / etc shows would open up once everyone got their best available option
  • Options
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    2nd / 3rd / etc shows would open up once everyone got their best available option
    Not everyone would get their first option (cf, MSG), so we'd have to rank our priorities from the outset. That sounds familiar!! 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    Not everyone would get their first option (cf, MSG), so we'd have to rank our priorities from the outset. That sounds familiar!! 
    Still, it gets the greatest number of tickets into the greatest number of club members' hands.  That's the best you can hope for.
  • Options
    SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    hey adams.waters
    how did you do it on a mac?
    I'm the one that did it on a Mac Book Pro (using Chrome browser).

Hotkey is "Command" + "-" keys together to reduce window / tab size.
  • Options
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    Still, it gets the greatest number of tickets into the greatest number of club members' hands.  That's the best you can hope for.
    Please provide evidence for your claim.... 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    One simple example:  in the current system, some people won tickets to both NYC (1st choice) and Baltimore (not 1st choice), while most people got neither.  My proposed system would prevent that person from getting Baltimore before anyone who listed Baltimore but hadn't yet won a show.  Can't magically make MSG capacity 100,000, but can try to spread the wealth a bit.
  • Options
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    One simple example:  in the current system, some people won tickets to both NYC (1st choice) and Baltimore (not 1st choice), while most people got neither.  My proposed system would prevent that person from getting Baltimore before anyone who listed Baltimore but hadn't yet won a show.  Can't magically make MSG capacity 100,000, but can try to spread the wealth a bit.
    How many people won Baltimore that didn't have it first choice? 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    It's not particularly extensive, but the spreadsheet that one person was putting together shows no one winning Baltimore if they didn't have it as first choice. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    It's not particularly extensive, but the spreadsheet that one person was putting together shows no one winning Baltimore if they didn't have it as first choice. 
    A number of people posted they won both NYC and Baltimore ... and if that's the case they won tickets without it being 1st priority, unless they are using multiple accounts to get them.  My point is that I shouldn't get my 2nd priority if it's a show that someone who didn't get one yet put in for even if it's their 6th/7th/8th etc priority ... which clearly isn't the case if people are winning multiple high-interest shows.
  • Options
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    A number of people posted they won both NYC and Baltimore ... and if that's the case they won tickets without it being 1st priority, unless they are using multiple accounts to get them.  My point is that I shouldn't get my 2nd priority if it's a show that someone who didn't get one yet put in for even if it's their 6th/7th/8th etc priority ... which clearly isn't the case if people are winning multiple high-interest shows.
    I didn’t see anyone say they got both. Where did you see that?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    ecdanc said:
    Discopij said:
    I didn’t see anyone say they got both. Where did you see that?
    I'm not going to search through all the threads and posts about tickets over the last week but that's beside the point anyway ... this isn't just about NYC and Baltimore.  If the lottery is doing what I want it to do, I won't get a shot at a second show until every single person gets matched up with a show (or their priority list is fully exhausted).
  • Options

I'm not going to search through all the threads and posts about tickets over the last week but that's beside the point anyway ... this isn't just about NYC and Baltimore.  If the lottery is doing what I want it to do, I won't get a shot at a second show until every single person gets matched up with a show (or their priority list is fully exhausted).
    I see! What you're describing isn't a limit on how many shows a 10c can "win," but a different way of treating priority. In fact, it's exactly how I thought things were done (and still think it should be done--so we agree) until others here corrected me. We had a whole conversation about it a week or so ago--the person-by-person lottery vs. the show-by-show lottery. 
  • Options
    Such high demand and what if the new album sucks balls??  haha..  Anyway I might miss out on mid-week So-cal shows but I can't wait for Iloma!!  Good luck everyone!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    Vegas - 93 / Vegas - 06 / Berkeley (Eddie) - 08 / LA - 09 / SD - 09 / Santa Barbara (Eddie) - 11 / LA - 13 / Dana Point (Eddie - Ohana) - 17 / Boston Sept 2 and 4 - 18 / Ohana 18 / Ohana 19
  • Options
    I thought these conversations only happened on the DMB forums. Nice to see it happens here as well.
  • Options
    Discopij said:
    I agree, these pre-sales need to limit fans to 1 show pp. I LOVE the hell out of PJ, but gone are the days where I need to see them at 4+ shows in the span of several weeks. I got one ticket to an LA show, and I'm flying to the London Hyde Park show because that's a "bucket list" concert experience for me. Tickets are eaten up too fast by throngs of diehards getting way too many shows.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    I also had the problem with the pop up where the click to make it disappear box was covered by the taskbar.  I did not know the task bar trick.  One should not need to know that to buy a concert ticket.  

Luckily the narrowest possible sliver of the blue agree button was just visible above the bar and like a surgeon I was able to hover the mouse just so in order to click on it.  The result, a lower in Hamilton.

But what a stupid design, I mean, wtf, and it’s such an unfair way to lose a ticket after jumping through all the hoops that have been created in the name of fairness.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited January 2020
    Discopij said:
    I agree, these pre-sales need to limit fans to 1 show pp. I LOVE the hell out of PJ, but gone are the days where I need to see them at 4+ shows in the span of several weeks. I got one ticket to an LA show, and I'm flying to the London Hyde Park show because that's a "bucket list" concert experience for me. Tickets are eaten up too fast by throngs of diehards getting way too many shows.
    Just because you don't want to see 4 shows and can afford to go overseas to see them doesn't mean newer (or older) fans shouldn't be allowed to go to multiple shows in the US.  That's silly.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Catmeyer71Catmeyer71 The desert by way of the C-bus. Posts: 28
    Discopij said:
    I don't want to admit you're right, but you're right.  I am all for people getting to see these guys and experiencing THAT feeling of seeing "Our Band" as many times as they want to, but it is quite disheartening to sit here and read one person got tickets to three shows, the next didn't get anything, or this person had an issue with getting online or in the queue...hell I had a complete cluster with TM telling me that I wasn't Verified when I was...kicked me out completely.  Am I ticked off, sure...do I hope that I can grab up one ticket tomorrow morning, of course...am I goin to hold my breath on this one, hell no.  You obviously can't make everyone happy, full of sunshine and rainbows but sometimes people just need to vent.  I say good luck to those who have to jump online tomorrow morning, I'll be right there with ya. 

Hey, maybe we can meet up in the oxygen seats and share the binoculars!!!
    "...An undertow of futures laid to waste, embraced..." - Sad
    Columbus:  November 1991 "Get into this shit before Billy gets out here." - Ed  
    Cincy:  March 1992
    Columbus:  March 1992
    Cleveland:  July 1992 (Mudslides at Blossom) 
    Pittsburgh:  August 1992
    ------->Adulted for a while and didn't like it.
    Columbus:  August 2000
    Columbus:  June 2003
    -------->Parent stuff
    Phoenix:  November 2013
    St. Paul:  October 2014
    Seattle (1):  August 2018 
    Phoenix April 2020 (Ticket insanity)
  • Options
    BV84003 said:
    Shut out of OKC. :scream:
    I feel sick to my stomach.  This was going to be my 18 year old son's first PJ concert and he is a HUGE fan.  Hopefully we get luck with the verified fan thing.  :(
    You'll be fine - I've seen PJ 5 times now and 10c has only been directly responsible for one of those times. Have a little faith =)
    BWHAHAAA!  Truth has been spoken! This would be show 12, and I'm Zilch for thirteen with 10C. We'll figure it out. :)
    -------->Parent stuff
  • Options
    i got shutout in the 3 shows i tried for. this would have been my first pj show. the shows i tried were pheonix and la. the mistake i made too was i didnt register for the verified fan resale. i highly doubt there will be any tix available on friday during the public sale.
    Bite your tongue!  There will be something for Phoenix.....if not....there's always the second leg. Chin up my friend!

-------->Parent stuff
  • Options
    anyone know/have a map of seats and sections that were reserved for 10c lottery winners... specifically at msg? Really curious as to where I may end up but, also grateful i have tickets at all.
  • Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 84
    i got shutout in the 3 shows i tried for. this would have been my first pj show. the shows i tried were pheonix and la. the mistake i made too was i didnt register for the verified fan resale. i highly doubt there will be any tix available on friday during the public sale.
    Bite your tongue!  There will be something for Phoenix.....if not....there's always the second leg. Chin up my friend!

I so hope so, fingers crossed for tmw. Never been to pj show so I'm really hoping to see my first. All the way up from Baker Lake, Nunavut; in the Canadian arctic. Only -29c tonight, no wind so it nice out right now. Going to try for Denver or Phoenix, don't matter to me.
  • Options
    ellory said:
    ellory said:
    I was in the que for OKC, ready to purchase tix, and for some reason the web browser was too small for the pop-up window.  There is a tab at the bottom of the pop up to continue onto selecting you seats.  Basically locked out of buying tickets while I watched the entire stadium fill up.  I tried everything.  You cannot scroll down.  You cannot reload or press escape.  If you cannot access the "I Agree" tab at the bottom of the window you are frozen out.  I cannot believe this.  BE SURE TO PURCHASE ALL OF YOUR TIX ON A PHONE OR IPAD, NOT A DELL LAPTOP.  I got totally screwed by this.

Got passed over on the 10C lotto, then this.
    Hey Ticketmaster, Thanks A LOT.  

i had the same problem. move your task bar off to the side (right click on it, then go to task bar settings and change the location) then you can get to the x on the bottom and close that thing out. do it now...there are still good seats behind the stage.
    sorry was looking at my own venue....hopefully there are still some good seats for OKC

ellory said:
    ellory said:
    I was in the que for OKC, ready to purchase tix, and for some reason the web browser was too small for the pop-up window.  There is a tab at the bottom of the pop up to continue onto selecting you seats.  Basically locked out of buying tickets while I watched the entire stadium fill up.  I tried everything.  You cannot scroll down.  You cannot reload or press escape.  If you cannot access the "I Agree" tab at the bottom of the window you are frozen out.  I cannot believe this.  BE SURE TO PURCHASE ALL OF YOUR TIX ON A PHONE OR IPAD, NOT A DELL LAPTOP.  I got totally screwed by this.

Got passed over on the 10C lotto, then this.
    Hey Ticketmaster, Thanks A LOT.  

i had the same problem. move your task bar off to the
    The problem was that I didn't know about the tab at the bottom until after the damn sale was over. You cannot see any of it and have no idea what the window is for.  They should have made the pop-up window smaller.  Ridiculous.
    I had the same thing happen. Could of scored better seats but yeah that fucked me too. But I got in thank God. Sorry you didn't score tickets. Regular ticketmaster sale is tommorow. And theres still fan to fan sale. ✌
  • Options
    bacchanal said:
    got my san diego Tickets!   section H row 18...stone's side stage!!
    Dam you are the luckiest son of a bitch on this forum. Probably the 1 person that scored great tickets. Way to go
  • Options
    I will try ticketmaster tomorrow.  Expect all upper level seats.  I kept getting texts to buy since I was on the waiting list with a link to buy but that's all that was there.  Many behind the stage.  I think between 10C and today's sale they're just selling what's left.  Could be wrong.