Options

Pearl Jam North American Tour 2020

Comments

• Options
    Anyone have an extra ticket for Baltimore?  I just need one.  Anywhere in the building.  I'll happily buy beer all night. 
    Brian Cheeseman
  • Options
    MS4677MS4677 Posts: 49
    With regards to TM and their ticketing practices, unfortunately, one becomes desensitized to this stuff over time.  Especially living in the NY market.  Reality is such that TM and Stubhub etc. are complete corporate conglomerates that are in bed with each other. They do things like "verified sales" as a facade to create an appearance that they are trying to combat the problem.  The bigger issue is people who are willing to pay the after market prices.  There is a big market for it and these tickets will sell at these more than excessive prices.  Most times, it is some corporate button up who will buy them for potential clients and attend the shows just to make sure they get a T -shirt and can say they were there.  They typically such the life out of shows as well with their lack of vibe.  For them, spending $2000 on a pair is well worth the potential million dollar account.  I'm a huge U2 fan and this was even more prevalent because of their sickening tiered pricing system that literally ripped people off at face value. Makes me so sick that I have trouble attending shows after following them for 40 years!!  The crowds sucked and I've been seeing them since I'm 10 years old (48 now).  For what's it's worth, I'm sorry for those that got shut out this time around!

I will say kudos to PJ for keeping uniform prices that relatively speaking, are reasonable for the market.  And for really trying to do right by their fans based upon the system that we have to work with.   
    I personally believe 10 club does a great job and continue to revise the system as we move along.  
  • Options
    FYI.  Random decent front of stage tix in Oakland periodically pop up.  Saturday show.
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited January 2020
    MS4677 said:
    With regards to TM and their ticketing practices, unfortunately, one becomes desensitized to this stuff over time.  Especially living in the NY market.  Reality is such that TM and Stubhub etc. are complete corporate conglomerates that are in bed with each other. They do things like "verified sales" as a facade to create an appearance that they are trying to combat the problem.  The bigger issue is people who are willing to pay the after market prices.  There is a big market for it and these tickets will sell at these more than excessive prices.  Most times, it is some corporate button up who will buy them for potential clients and attend the shows just to make sure they get a T -shirt and can say they were there.  They typically such the life out of shows as well with their lack of vibe.  For them, spending $2000 on a pair is well worth the potential million dollar account.  I'm a huge U2 fan and this was even more prevalent because of their sickening tiered pricing system that literally ripped people off at face value. Makes me so sick that I have trouble attending shows after following them for 40 years!!  The crowds sucked and I've been seeing them since I'm 10 years old (48 now).  For what's it's worth, I'm sorry for those that got shut out this time around!

I will say kudos to PJ for keeping uniform prices that relatively speaking, are reasonable for the market.  And for really trying to do right by their fans based upon the system that we have to work with.   
    I personally believe 10 club does a great job and continue to revise the system as we move along.  
    There's a lot of speculation and flat out misinformation in your post.
    TM and stubhub aren't in bed with each other.  Stubhub is owned by ebay, and all those companies do well on their own.

Tickets were really difficult because demand was much greater than supply and because having 3 separate sales decreased an individual's chances of scoring tickets from each of the onsales.

I have "rich" friends who would rather pay extra money (not thousands) for the best seats in the house than spend an hour on ticketmaster to get nothing.  That's America for better and worse.  Also, if you think PJ prices are "reasonable for the market", that contradicts the fact people are paying 5x ticket cost for seats behind the stage at MSG.

I don't live in the "NY market".  I've lived in Texas my entire life. I have seen 43 concerts at Madison Square Garden and never been shutout or had to resort to stubhub or a scalper.  I'm looking forward to my first PJ show at MSG in a few months!
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Sorry everyone had a bad ticket experience.  Glad I'm not alone.  I had the best 2013 experience at the rail thanks to another member so maybe it's somebody else's turn.   This tour I had a shot at 10c and 2 different TM verified codes but there was only rafter/mostly behind the stage.                           
    I live under 10 miles from the arena.  If anyone has 1 GA for Oakland shows I arrive super early, I'm a chef, I bring good food, and can donate to buy your ticket.  Putting it out there.  Letting it go.  

• Options
    So disappointed.... Dedicated fan and Tenclub member since 1992... Can’t believe I couldn’t get a ticket to any of the shows... 5 shows in California and 1 show in NY??!! Makes no sense.  
    Supply and demand.  There will be another leg where tickets will be more plentiful.  
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    Just scored MSG on ticketmaster.
    So people can bitch on here, or...
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    I just went into Baltimore and there were 4 tickets available, but someone grabbed them before I could.
  • Options
    Jed said:
    I just went into Baltimore and there were 4 tickets available, but someone grabbed them before I could.
    Looks like they rereleased tickets for a few shows based on facebook posts.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    I got a Baltimore ticket in sec 328 across from the stage just after 5PM EST. So, for anyone out there that isn't picky and looking for single tickets especially (that's all they had), just keep checking back and you might get lucky! If a floor ticket opens up or comes up in fan to face, I'll grab that and put this one back out there for someone else to enjoy! For those who have never been to Baltimore, I'd recommend checking out DiPasquale's which is an Italian restaurant / market that is excellent and very reasonably priced along with Dangerously Delicious, which is a rock and roll pie shop that does sweet (Key Bridge Lime and Chocolate Chip Pancake are favs) as well as savory (Steak Mushroom Onion Gruyere and Pork BBQ are favs) pies. Also, there's an early Oriole's game that day against the Yankees for those that might be into that.  
    Mike "...After Dark"
  • Options
    Looking for 2 Nashville tix.
  • Options
    MS4677 said:

There's a lot of speculation and flat out misinformation in your post.
    TM and stubhub aren't in bed with each other.  Stubhub is owned by ebay, and all those companies do well on their own.

Tickets were really difficult because demand was much greater than supply and because having 3 separate sales decreased an individual's chances of scoring tickets from each of the onsales.

I have "rich" friends who would rather pay extra money (not thousands) for the best seats in the house than spend an hour on ticketmaster to get nothing.  That's America for better and worse.  Also, if you think PJ prices are "reasonable for the market", that contradicts the fact people are paying 5x ticket cost for seats behind the stage at MSG.

I don't live in the "NY market".  I've lived in Texas my entire life. I have seen 43 concerts at Madison Square Garden and never been shutout or had to resort to stubhub or a scalper.  I'm looking forward to my first PJ show at MSG in a few months!
    Appreciate the response but no speculation or "flat out misinformation" here. You're stating the obvious with regards to supply and demand.  And thank you for reinforcing my point with regards to there being a big market for the tickets that sell at excessive prices in the secondary market. Just not sure you are fully correct on the clientele that are wanting/buying  these tickets in the NY market!! I live here and a big percentage are those I mentioned.
    Curious about the "that's America" statement.  That seems to be a cop out for many things that are wrong with this country.  Do you believe that it's ok to buy a "verified" ticket and put it on stub hub to sell for 5x the amount to your "rich" friends?? That's  an honest question.  

PJ absolutely keeps it reasonable for the market by not killing people on prices face value as I mentioned with my U2 example.  

Not sure what shows you are seeing at MSG where you never get "shutout." Disney on ICE maybe LOL.  Just kidding.  It's certainly not PHISH. 
    Enjoy your first show at MSG.  Maybe we can meet up for a healthy debate over a beer so long as your "rich friends" aren't there!! :)
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    edited January 2020
    Actually, all 43 of those shows at MSG were Phish!  The first was 12/29/97, most recently the 4 shows for New Years 2019-2020.

I generally have good luck with ticketmaster.  It's changed a lot, especially with the whack-a-mole crap they do now.

I didn't mean to be rude or anything, and you're probably right about some of the NYC clientele since you live there.  I know a few people who have sat in corporate boxes even for Phish!

By "that's America", I meant a lot of people are greedy and generally capitalist.

I have mixed feelings on your question.  I'm opposed to the reselling of fan club tickets like ten club or Phish tickets by mail (online now), but that's because they're my two favorite bands.

I wouldn't feel as bad hearing Taylor Swift tickets were getting scalped.  Maybe it's just selfish since it's not what I'm interested in.  As far as rich friends, I was just saying that there are some real fans who are wealthy enough to "appreciate" that they can buy posters on ebay without waiting in lines, tickets too.  Honestly, I envy them a little, but I'm also willing to wait in a poster line for hours.

Ever since I learned about the outside poster line for Phish at MSG in 2009, I've waited dozens of times in the cold...and heat during the Bakers Dozen in 2017.

Definitely down to meet at the show.  I've met more cool people in the Phish and PJ merch lines over the years than most would believe!
    Post edited by ryanphishes on
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    The Stadium Red State Fall tour will be announced soon. This was to hype the tour and will be know as the Ten Club Hardest Ticket to Score Tour. Just wish I didn't have to drive from Baltimore to Nashville to catch 2 shows.... Whine wine wine!!! :)
  • Options
    Actually, all 43 of those shows at MSG were Phish!  The first was 12/29/97, most recently the 4 shows for New Years 2019-2020.

I generally have good luck with ticketmaster.  It's changed a lot, especially with the whack-a-mole crap they do now.

I didn't mean to be rude or anything, and you're probably right about some of the NYC clientele since you live there.  I know a few people who have sat in corporate boxes even for Phish!

By "that's America", I meant a lot of people are greedy and generally capitalist.

I have mixed feelings on your question.  I'm opposed to the reselling of fan club tickets like ten club or Phish tickets by mail (online now), but that's because they're my two favorite bands.

I wouldn't feel as bad hearing Taylor Swift tickets were getting scalped.  Maybe it's just selfish since it's not what I'm interested in.  As far as rich friends, I was just saying that there are some real fans who are wealthy enough to "appreciate" that they can buy posters on ebay without waiting in lines, tickets too.  Honestly, I envy them a little, but I'm also willing to wait in a poster line for hours.

Ever since I learned about the outside poster line for Phish at MSG in 2009, I've waited dozens of times in the cold...and heat during the Bakers Dozen in 2017.

Definitely down to meet at the show.  I've met more cool people in the Phish and PJ merch lines over the years than most would believe!
    C'mon all 43!!?? Funny I'm not the biggest Phish fan but I've seen them about 6 times including  NYE a few years back at MSG and the 12/30 show this past year.  My friend is a big fan.  I go for the party and to be honest, its incredible watching the crowd dance and jam for 3+ hours.  MSG literally shakes. What a helluva vibe man.  I love behind stage seats to watch the floor crowd.  Great musicians. That confetti stuff on NYE ( I was on the floor) and the raining "cats and dogs" balloons was incredible.  You can sit in the bathroom all night and have a good time.  I'm glad your shows weren't Disney on ICE!!

Don't envy the rich friends because waiting in line and the people you meet and connect with and the memories you create are the stories behind the posters and merchandise.  Not  the bullshit poster itself.  Its what it represents.  

This tour is going to be killer especially in an election year. Really looking forward to what they have in store for fall.  

• Options
    Catmeyer71Catmeyer71 The desert by way of the C-bus. Posts: 28
    Now that all of this is done, does anyone miss standing out in the freezing cold for hours outside of your local record store to get tickets to shows?  I was talking to a friend and we both agreed that we miss it.  Awesome memories of waiting in for Rick Springfield in '82 (I know..I know), The Alarm, REM, Duran Duran, and so many more.  I love the "efficiency" of online, and tickets on my phone - OMG, how many times did I think I was going to misplace my tickets while waiting three months for a show!!!  Triggered a ton of memories for sure. 
    "...An undertow of futures laid to waste, embraced..." - Sad
    Columbus:  November 1991 "Get into this shit before Billy gets out here." - Ed  
    Cincy:  March 1992
    Columbus:  March 1992
    Cleveland:  July 1992 (Mudslides at Blossom) 
    Pittsburgh:  August 1992
    ------->Adulted for a while and didn't like it.
    Columbus:  August 2000
    Columbus:  June 2003
    -------->Parent stuff
    Phoenix:  November 2013
    St. Paul:  October 2014
    Seattle (1):  August 2018 
    Phoenix April 2020 (Ticket insanity)
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited January 2020
    Just scored OKC! Plenty available there - STOKED!!!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Now that all of this is done, does anyone miss standing out in the freezing cold for hours outside of your local record store to get tickets to shows?  I was talking to a friend and we both agreed that we miss it.  Awesome memories of waiting in for Rick Springfield in '82 (I know..I know), The Alarm, REM, Duran Duran, and so many more.  I love the "efficiency" of online, and tickets on my phone - OMG, how many times did I think I was going to misplace my tickets while waiting three months for a show!!!  Triggered a ton of memories for sure. 
    I do miss the standing in line for hours. we were luckily in a plaza alcove with shelter from the rain and wind. always good conversation and met some good people...we were all there for the same thing, not unlike this group. Lollapalooza, Beastie Boys, Pumpkins, Tibetan Freedom Fest, AIC, Live. Fun fact for me about that record store is I got a copy of VS the night before it was supposed to go on sale. I thought I was something special.
  • Options
    I do miss the standing in line for hours. we were luckily in a plaza alcove with shelter from the rain and wind. always good conversation and met some good people...we were all there for the same thing, not unlike this group. Lollapalooza, Beastie Boys, Pumpkins, Tibetan Freedom Fest, AIC, Live. Fun fact for me about that record store is I got a copy of VS the night before it was supposed to go on sale. I thought I was something special.
    My first all night standing outside was for Led Zepplin Tour in late 70's. They announced at 6 pm tickets for Capital Center would go on sale a 8 in the morning so we drove 90 minutes and arrived at midnight and stood outside until tickets went on sale. The push to get in the doors for ticket office made it impossible to get out without being lifted above the crowd and hand walked to door.
    Coldest wait was for 6 hours in January for the Tunnel of Love Tour. Got seats behind the stage and a buddy used his fingers on the phone and we ended up with 5th row dead center......

• Options
    Omg me! I had a very bad experience yesterday and I’m sad as hell that I got nothing 😭
  • Options
    Steadyd84Steadyd84 Brattleboro, VT Posts: 33
    I know it says "Week of January 27th", but has anyone received any info re:GA/seats or how to view your tickets yet?

Giddy with anticipation lolz
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    San Antonio, Texas 11-16-2012 (EV)
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Austin, Texas 10-05-2014
    Austin, Texas 10-12-2014
    Chicago, Illinois 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington 08-10-2018
    Nashville, Tennessee 09-16-2022 
  • Options
    jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    Steadyd84 said:
    I know it says "Week of January 27th", but has anyone received any info re:GA/seats or how to view your tickets yet?

Giddy with anticipation lolz
    Not here yet.  Just checked.  I had in my head today as being the day.   :(
  • Options
    A couple of random thoughts on the process. Apologies in advance to the extent some/all of these have been covered:

- I appreciate the effort to insulate the process from the bots, but in 20+ years of going to concerts, I have never been shut out. If I was on time, I have always been able to find decent, and usually good to great, tickets. My own anecdotal experience is that first-come first serve at market prices has worked out for me until now. I understand that probably hasn't been the experience for everyone, but this being the first truly negative experience I've had buying concert tickets leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

- The odds % was misleading. Any probability calculator worth its salt should be taking into account the expected demand. Giving probability data that doesn't take into account expected demand is completely worthless. 

• Options
    I thought my ticket buying problems were over when my family finally got the touch tone phone.... i had no chance with the rotary dial. 
  • Options
    Just told my 8 yr old he is going to see his first show in St Louis!  Have you taken your kids to a show yet?  I’ve been to a ton of shows over the years and always looked forward to bringing my kid when he was old enough.  Any advice? 
  • Options
    MB151780 said:
    Just told my 8 yr old he is going to see his first show in St Louis!  Have you taken your kids to a show yet?  I’ve been to a ton of shows over the years and always looked forward to bringing my kid when he was old enough.  Any advice? 
    Don't let him drink too much.

Just kidding!  Have a great time!
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Does anyone have three tickets to Baltimore? 
  • Options
    MB151780 said:
    Proper ear protection!! 

God I wish someone had given me that advice as a kid !!
  • Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756

Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    Heads up.....I went through the process and purchased 4 tix 4 the garden.come to find out,,,,I really never had the tix and my credit card was hacked....had to cancel my card and get a new one and I'm out the tix....way to go Ticketmaster