Options

New Album without BoB

Comments

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    edited January 2020
    Eric Lilavois?
    That would be interesting.
    Looking at his Instagram page, it's clear he has a relationship with members of the band, and Bierman. It definitely could be him.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam so have you heard the album already? Just curious lol
  • Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    If BoB isn't producing this new effort, then that is refreshing. Don't get me wrong, Iloved his drum sounds with Dave A and Jack, but  I have never enjoyed Matt's drum sounds under Brendan. Too boomy and not crisp enough. Hopefully, this new producer mixes it up a bit and gets a more raw sound...
    I just hope Matt's drums aren't lost under the music like Chad Smith's under Danger Mouse's production on 'The Getaway'... Awful!

Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Options

turns 10 in april. tragic news. 
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,027
    knik said:
    Eric Lilavois?
    This must be it!  He co-owns london bridge studios and I recall their facebook page posted a couple pictures of him and Ed hanging out together in recent months.
    You might be on to something!

Some photos here of him with Ed obviously in a studio. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,519
    edited January 2020
    Could it be they picked a producer who could work piecemeal and whenever the band was in town, with them not seeming to really be able to dig in and block of X weeks to be in a studio with a hired producer going all in on the project...

Or that BoB being scheduled for something else and PJ not being able to finish it with him, they in the end rerecorded with someone else instead of having someone take over the baton from BoBs started project?

As in the choice of producer was not for a "different feel than BoB" but someone who could work under PJs "do we really have to make a new album?" way of working. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Could it be they picked a producer who could work piecemeal and whenever the band was in town, with them not seeming to really be able to dig in and block of X weeks to be in a studio with a hired producer going all in on the project...

Or that BoB being scheduled for something else and PJ not being able to finish it with him, they in the end rerecorded with someone else instead of having someone take over the baton from BoBs started project?

As in the choice of producer was not for a "different feel than BoB" but someone who could work under PJs "do we really have to make a new album?" way of working. 
     or none of ther above 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    BoB re-mix in less than 5 years ;)
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    PB11041 said:
    BoB re-mix in less than 5 years ;)
    Pass the crack pipe my way....
  • Options
    I'm so glad there's even a rumour that it's not BoB. In my opinion, his influence has made the last two records completely middle of the road and way too overproduced - just compare Comatose to something like Supersonic or Getaway - or All or None / Inside Job with Speed of Sirens or Future Days.

PJ need to be out of their comfort zone and the production / recording needs to reflect that. Less ballads about growing old with BoB's piano spaffed all over it please or that god awful dry effect on Ed's vox.

I'd much rather hear a more experimental album with a new sound that I don't like than get another Lightning Bolt. 
  • Options
    Speed of Sound, Sirens or Future days*
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Just spin Binaural or Riot Act - those albums sound great!!! 
  • Options

or none of ther above 
    Guess we just have to wait and see if @raindog80 comes with some info.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,825
    knik said:
    Eric Lilavois?
    This must be it!  He co-owns london bridge studios and I recall their facebook page posted a couple pictures of him and Ed hanging out together in recent months.
    You might be on to something!

Some photos here of him with Ed obviously in a studio. 
    It's not Eric. Would of been awesome if he did it. Maybe PJ's next album. 
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    verceman said:
    verceman said:
    Rumors on another forum suggest they may have recorded at London Bridge Studios where Ten was recorded. Not sure if they always use London Bridge for various album needs. Is it common for a producer to go to an ‘away studio’ where ever the band wants to record? Or is it more likely a London Bridge producer manned the controls? Seems like 3 owners/producers are big fans.
    I think that rumor was started because Matt Cameron posted from that studio recently as he was playing drums for another artist's recording.  The more concrete rumor about a studio comes from that photographer who posted a pic of Jeff Ament and he said he heard a bit of the new Pearl Jam album they were recording in their own studio.
    Rumor gained heat today on TSIS forum. I remember the Jeff post, didn’t think it was a producer/studio guy who posted that. Pretty clumsy if it was, but you could be right, don’t recall.

verceman said:
    verceman said:
    Rumors on another forum suggest they may have recorded at London Bridge Studios where Ten was recorded. Not sure if they always use London Bridge for various album needs. Is it common for a producer to go to an ‘away studio’ where ever the band wants to record? Or is it more likely a London Bridge producer manned the controls? Seems like 3 owners/producers are big fans.
    I think that rumor was started because Matt Cameron posted from that studio recently as he was playing drums for another artist's recording.  The more concrete rumor about a studio comes from that photographer who posted a pic of Jeff Ament and he said he heard a bit of the new Pearl Jam album they were recording in their own studio.
    Rumor gained heat today on TSIS forum. I remember the Jeff post, didn’t think it was a producer/studio guy who posted that. Pretty clumsy if it was, but you could be right, don’t recall.

Right, but what studio/producer is attached to that? Am I missing something there?
    No producer attached. Just 'in their own studio's rebutting London Bridge rumor.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited January 2020
    Just spin Binaural or Riot Act - those albums sound great!!! 
    I disagree on Binaural. I wouldn't want Tchad Blake anywhere near the band again. The uptempo songs (God's Dice, Insignificance, and especially Grievance) are completely neutered on that record. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

or none of ther above 
    Ya that theory no offense seems weak... Who doesn't have time for Pearl Jam but time for someone else? Highly doubtful
  • Options
    LastExitBJPLastExitBJP Posts: 79
    edited January 2020
    More so Lightning Bolt than with Backspacer that it sounded like Bob (keep thinking of twin peaks here lol) was trying to lead the band back toward the atmosphere of epic sound in Ten. That sound just doens't work anymore. Nor does recycling songs. Hoping the new producer has a good sense of the band's rawness that made Avocado so good (probably my favorite album for ed's voice).
    Post edited by LastExitBJP on
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    edited January 2020
    I don't know about you guys, but I've been loving the complete blackout on information - even the insiders have only been able to ascertain (or at least tease) that BOB isn't producing, we have no idea what's on the thing, and what more may be coming, curveball style. It's about time for a double album, I'd say. 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    edited January 2020

or none of ther above 
    Guess we just have to wait and see if @raindog80 comes with some info.
    No BoB this time. 
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    edited January 2020
    Right now it's Schrödinger's Pearl Jam
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    verceman said:
    verceman said:
    verceman said:

verceman said:
    verceman said:

Right, but what studio/producer is attached to that? Am I missing something there?
    No producer attached. Just 'in their own studio's rebutting London Bridge rumor.
    No LB Studios. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    Adam Kasper
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    the producer of this album is fuckin great..super talented and young..i love his work..very exciting for this
    im sure most of fans dont even heard   his name before but he is very close to the band and seattle scene 
    Andrew Watt?
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    Jadler said:
    Adam Kasper
    AK has already produced PJ.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Not directly Kasper. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 231
    So....indirectly Kasper???
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    and if we get Lightning Bolt #2 without Brendan O'Brien, the board will implode, fan boi's will have a good cry and we'll be flooded with odd KISS related posts for the next month.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Joostone said:
    So....indirectly Kasper???
    No Kasper. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    and if we get Lightning Bolt #2 without Brendan O'Brien, the board will implode, fan boi's will have a good cry and we'll be flooded with odd KISS related posts for the next month.
    Why are you dissing on Lightning Bolt...