Options

New Album without BoB

Comments

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    the producer of this album is fuckin great..super talented and young..i love his work..very exciting for this
    im sure most of fans dont even heard   his name before but he is very close to the band and seattle scene 
    And the HYPE grows even more - I'm so ready to be absolutely floored by an epic PJ album again - Thanks :)
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Jack Antonoff
    So we’d get a Taylor Swift / Eddie duet i guess
    WOULD BE AMAZING

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    PJNB said:
    RP112579 said:
    PJNB said:
    So if BOB did CDM what does that mean for it making the album I wonder?
    I would guess that it's not on it.
    I would love for that to be the case. We have had it out for 2 years now in the public's hands. Love it or hate it it will not add anything to the new album aside from taking the spot of another song possibly. 
    Totally agree. If they are using a new producer, the entire album should be new material produced by the new guy. It'd be really weird to have one random BoB song on it.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,033
    Jack Antonoff
    So we’d get a Taylor Swift / Eddie duet i guess
    I would be OK with this.
  • Options
    Kusy said:
    Hope it's not Timbaland ;) ;P 
    CHRIS

CORNELL

SCREAM

IS

A

GOOD

ALBUM
    Sorry. 
    NO
    IT
    IS
    NOT. 

I still respect the effort - I love Chris’ fearlessness, but I would have much preferred hearing Chris just do acoustic arrangements of everything. Scream (song) is so good in that format. Even Ground Zero is improved when stripped down. 

Back on topic, I was sure that it was going to come out that Jack white was involved, but this is really exciting. Change is a symptom of life and is, therefore, an inherently good thing! 

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    Jason McGerr? Not sure how much he produces but think he has a studio in Seattle-area.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,524
    Jason McGerr? Not sure how much he produces but think he has a studio in Seattle-area.

Chris Walla would be more likely from the DCFC camp.
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 340
    so fucking happy bob is not producing, i have really high hopes for this album now just knowing he's not producing it, if he was i'd just be expecting another backspacer/lightning bolt... but now it feels like it's gonna be something fresh and new and exciting so i'm fucking stoked!
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    We could probably have a better feel for it if we knew who is the new producer?
    True

Maybe the Band produced? 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    the producer of this album is fuckin great..super talented and young..i love his work..very exciting for this
    im sure most of fans dont even heard   his name before but he is very close to the band and seattle scene 
    So, its not by the Band.

Thanks for the info, Dimitris.
  • Options

Chris Walla would be more likely from the DCFC camp.
    True, he’s also tuned in on same political wave length, but that’s prob the case for a lot of producers. Excited for the switch up, hope it’s announced with the album tomorrow.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,027
    So it’s possible that back when they had sessions that included can’t deny me that all that material was possibly scrapped and everything restarted with a new producer hence a long delay of release after can’t deny me was supposedly on a forthcoming album?  
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    So it’s possible that back when they had sessions that included can’t deny me that all that material was possibly scrapped and everything restarted with a new producer hence a long delay of release after can’t deny me was supposedly on a forthcoming album?  
    I would guess, and its just a guess, that they just produced one of those songs and have kept the rest. 
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    That’s what I’m thinking.
  • Options
    Rumors on another forum suggest they may have recorded at London Bridge Studios where Ten was recorded. Not sure if they always use London Bridge for various album needs. Is it common for a producer to go to an ‘away studio’ where ever the band wants to record? Or is it more likely a London Bridge producer manned the controls? Seems like 3 owners/producers are big fans.
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    edited January 2020
    Rumors on another forum suggest they may have recorded at London Bridge Studios where Ten was recorded. Not sure if they always use London Bridge for various album needs. Is it common for a producer to go to an ‘away studio’ where ever the band wants to record? Or is it more likely a London Bridge producer manned the controls? Seems like 3 owners/producers are big fans.
    I think that rumor was started because Matt Cameron posted from that studio recently as he was playing drums for another artist's recording.  The more concrete rumor about a studio comes from that photographer who posted a pic of Jeff Ament and he said he heard a bit of the new Pearl Jam album they were recording in their own studio.
  • Options
    Yeah I don’t want to bash BoB at all but I’ve wanted them to use different producers for a while. Let’s hear what someone else can do 
  • Options
    verceman said:
    I think that rumor was started because Matt Cameron posted from that studio recently as he was playing drums for another artist's recording.  The more concrete rumor about a studio comes from that photographer who posted a pic of Jeff Ament and he said he heard a bit of the new Pearl Jam album they were recording in their own studio.
    Rumor gained heat today on TSIS forum. I remember the Jeff post, didn’t think it was a producer/studio guy who posted that. Pretty clumsy if it was, but you could be right, don’t recall.
  • Options
    So exciting! I can't wait to find out who it is. 

Even though BO'B did not produce this album, does he have some fingerprints on it? I'm just curious since he does having some other credits to Pearl Jam's work even when he's not the lead producer (e.g. specific mixing credits on Binaural)... Wait... forget I asked. I want to read the liner notes myself for all the details!!  =) Can't wait!
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    verceman said:
    Rumor gained heat today on TSIS forum. I remember the Jeff post, didn’t think it was a producer/studio guy who posted that. Pretty clumsy if it was, but you could be right, don’t recall.

• Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 918
    The idea of a new producer is very exciting after the last two albums and the super questionable choice to include sleeping by myself.
  • Options
    verceman said:
    verceman said:

verceman said:
    verceman said:

Right, but what studio/producer is attached to that? Am I missing something there?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    I love Brendan O'Brien. Done a lot of great things with this band. I know he will be back with them in some capacity, and at some point. 

But its always good to shake things up. This is really exciting.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    I am very very very pleased for all of us, but mostly them. It is not us who deserve what it is... but them. We have no fing idea. But we will. We sure as hell will.
    Talk soon. :)  
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Double album, one produced by B’OB with CDM and one produced by the mystery man......Dr Dre with Colonel Tom Parker  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,524
    I would love it if Ken Andrews produced it, but that is highly unlikely.
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    Eric Lilavois?
    That would be interesting.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Eric Lilavois?
    This must be it!  He co-owns london bridge studios and I recall their facebook page posted a couple pictures of him and Ed hanging out together in recent months.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,817
    John Congleton would be my hope.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    knikknik Posts: 94
    Eric Lilavois?
    This must be it!  He co-owns london bridge studios and I recall their facebook page posted a couple pictures of him and Ed hanging out together in recent months.
    You might be on to something!