2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    Zod said:
    Coming back is contingent on a treatment.

Mortals in charge who guess as to the best exit strategy can not fix the economy. The virus is in charge until our medical research community figures this one out.

Unless we are willing to live within a Leftovers plot. 
    I feel like people undermine the economic argument.  Like people are going to stay in their home as they're losing them kind of thing. 

It's not really just the option of a leftovers plot.   If there's no solution within a few months.  Then it's Leftover's plot vs. Massive Economic Depression.   I think the latter would cause civil unrest.  It's easier to get people to stay in their homes right now because they still have savings and the government is spending money to stretch out that period of time.   Once the money dries up... it's going to be challenging.

I need to be more positive though.   Maybe Social Distancing will work better than expect.  Maybe a cure or vaccine gets developed sooner rather than later.   Maybe there's an amazing subplot where there were way more people without symptoms then we thought and we find out way more of the population got it and became immune to it than we thought.  You never know what could happen in a few months.
    I read that Sweden are taking a completely different approach and one expert believes half the population could have it by the end of April. It will be interesting to see what happens there. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    D-Rod said:
    CO278952 said:
    I had a flu shot in the fall (vaccine) and still got the flu a few weeks ago...
    Are you sure it was the flu?  I also received the flu shot back in November and got really sick around Christmas time.   I had a dry cough (which I never get) , fever and my throat was so bad I was convinced I had tonsillitis. 

There is now many articles stating that Covid-19 was circulating North America as early as late November.  

I will never know if I had it or not but it’s something to consider. 

It was early March and I did test positive for Flu-A
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 541
    Have any scientists confirmed scientifically that we cannot get this again, aka herd immunity? No. Based on other viruses or infections seems unlikely,  but confirmed,  no. Does any vaccine work for all people?  No. I love science and truly hope for the best, logic is a bitch, though.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Hawk123 said:
    Zod said:
    Coming back is contingent on a treatment.

Mortals in charge who guess as to the best exit strategy can not fix the economy. The virus is in charge until our medical research community figures this one out.

Unless we are willing to live within a Leftovers plot. 
    I feel like people undermine the economic argument.  Like people are going to stay in their home as they're losing them kind of thing. 

It's not really just the option of a leftovers plot.   If there's no solution within a few months.  Then it's Leftover's plot vs. Massive Economic Depression.   I think the latter would cause civil unrest.  It's easier to get people to stay in their homes right now because they still have savings and the government is spending money to stretch out that period of time.   Once the money dries up... it's going to be challenging.

I need to be more positive though.   Maybe Social Distancing will work better than expect.  Maybe a cure or vaccine gets developed sooner rather than later.   Maybe there's an amazing subplot where there were way more people without symptoms then we thought and we find out way more of the population got it and became immune to it than we thought.  You never know what could happen in a few months.
    I read that Sweden are taking a completely different approach and one expert believes half the population could have it by the end of April. It will be interesting to see what happens there. 

I read that too.  It'll be interesting to see how that turns out.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    edited April 2020
    From everything I've been reading lately, the threat of no sporting or concert events for the remainder of the year could be a real possibility. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/how-long-until-sports-can-return-you-might-not-like-the-answer/ar-BB12akkt?li=BBnb7Kz

• MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    What about school? I don't have kids, but feel for those who do. No school for the rest of the year would suck!!! 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Medical science has to solve this.  It will, but it’s a question of when.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • aidt17aidt17 Posts: 610
    I’m in Ontario, rural ontario, as far as communities go, and I’m quite interested in the economic plan if they figure we are going to keep in this new “locked down quarantine, expect for essential services” ( the new list as of Friday), for the possible 12 - 18 weeks. The government cannot possibly pay for the majority of the work force to stay home for that duration. I just want an idea whats at the other end of the tunnel.  How much is this going to cost us in the long run. 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    aidt17 said:
    I’m in Ontario, rural ontario, as far as communities go, and I’m quite interested in the economic plan if they figure we are going to keep in this new “locked down quarantine, expect for essential services” ( the new list as of Friday), for the possible 12 - 18 weeks. The government cannot possibly pay for the majority of the work force to stay home for that duration. I just want an idea whats at the other end of the tunnel.  How much is this going to cost us in the long run. 
    I hear you, the current wage subsidy and monthly emergency benefit lasts for 4 months. I worry about the inevitable wave 2 after this lockdown and the impact of having to lockdown again and the government not being able to continue the subsidies. 
    PGA has announced new dates for major tournaments.  August 2020 and beyond.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    The US is very litigious.  Wal-Mart has already been sued in Illinois for an employee's covid related death, as has the Illinois Dept of Corrections for an inmate's death.  I doubt any organization wants to the first one to rush back into anything, and risk a crippling lawsuit.  
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    kst said:
    Medical science has to solve this.  It will, but it’s a question of when.  
    They just started a 2nd run of vaccines. INO-4800  https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/491498-human-testing-beginning-on-second-coronavirus-vaccine-candidate

• MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    I just spoke with someone who works in the marketing department for a semi-large concert promoter.
    It's too early to tell, but once everything is opened up, there is a possibility of letting smaller scale venue shows happen.
    The arenas and ampitheather shows will take much longer and probably not happen this year.
    They also said something about the concert world follows the sports world model. I don't know. Nothing is 100%, but if they do let smaller shows happen this year, it will be better than nothing, i guess?

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    pjl44 said:
    "Folks, hopefully see ya again by 2030 but no promises."
    - Eddie hedging in 2020, everywhere 

Ouch.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    kst said:
    I believe any and all sporting league talk of play resuming this summer is simply to keep the tours / leagues in the news cycle. Getting sporting leagues going before the fall seems irresponsible to me.
    I hope Pearl Jam and society are healthy enough for their intended to tour to happen in 2021. Stranger things have happened, but history suggests this pandemic will carry on for the duration of this year.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    BF89905 said:
    kst said:
    I believe any and all sporting league talk of play resuming this summer is simply to keep the tours / leagues in the news cycle. Getting sporting leagues going before the fall seems irresponsible to me.
    I hope Pearl Jam and society are healthy enough for their intended to tour to happen in 2021. Stranger things have happened, but history suggests this pandemic will carry on for the duration of this year.
    Agreed. But if any sport can do it, it's the PGA.  No fans for at least the first 4 events scheduled.  Then they'll monitor it.  So, just the player and his caddy walking the course.  It's probably as safe as you can get, sporting wise.  

For the other major leagues, I just don't see how you can ask players to play while saying it's not safe for fans to attend.  It doesn't make sense.  
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    BF89905 said:
    kst said:
    Agreed. But if any sport can do it, it's the PGA.  No fans for at least the first 4 events scheduled.  Then they'll monitor it.  So, just the player and his caddy walking the course.  It's probably as safe as you can get, sporting wise.  

For the other major leagues, I just don't see how you can ask players to play while saying it's not safe for fans to attend.  It doesn't make sense.  
    because you can monitor and isolate the players constantly.  you can't do that with 40 thousand people walking into and out of a baseball stadium.  you can with 80 or 100.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Raleigh
    Florida

have they forgiven north carolina?
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • outdoors. anywhere. i'm f'n ready now.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Any updates on that Pittsburgh arena hold for 9/4?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    I don’t know anything but the most likely scenario is it’s still held but they aren’t going to announce anything until it is clear it can proceed (which is doubtful) and even if it is safe they would have to decide whether to put the fall tour on ice in order to get in the spring shows they already sold.  It would be a minor miracle to see any shows at all this year.  Time to start believing in miracles!

• mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 81
    I can almost guarantee there will be no fall tour and no PJ until 2021 Summer. I think it's almost with 99% certainty you can forget about the fall. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I have GNR tickets for August, and they recently sent something out about how to get refunds. Now, they didn't actually say the show was canceled, but why would they be telling me how to get a refund? 

In other words, fall tour for PJ doesn't look likely, but you never know.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I have GNR tickets for August, and they recently sent something out about how to get refunds. Now, they didn't actually say the show was canceled, but why would they be telling me how to get a refund? 

In other words, fall tour for PJ doesn't look likely, but you never know.
    I agree it does not look likely but I would not use that as a way to measure it. They are touring Europe in late May and the USA in early July. The start of their USA tour is almost 3 months before Ohana. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    mshnayder said:
    I can almost guarantee there will be no fall tour and no PJ until 2021 Summer. I think it's almost with 99% certainty you can forget about the fall. 
    I think your timeline is a stretch. 

We can’t just live in fear forever. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Most likely spring 20 is rescheduled to spring 21, summer to summer and fall to fall.  Outside chance we see something in Nov./Dec. of 20.  Pure speculation.  I know nothing.

• 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    New Orleans Jazz Fest 2020 was postponed until Fall, and then ultimately cancelled a couple of days ago. California's Governor said that mass gatherings in June, July, or August are "unlikely", and that he doesn't picture such gatherings happening without a vaccine (AT LEAST 1 year away). Disney World cancelled their entire Fall college program, which keeps the theme parks afloat by utilizing students for entertainment, hospitality, food service, sales... etc. A Dr, and Santa Clara county executive officer, said that we'd be lucky to have sports by Thanksgiving.  

All this leads me to believe that there won't be a tour in 2020.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    My guess, and it is only a guess, is to expect all of the PJ shows to be pushed back right around a calendar year. So hopefully the first leg of the NA tour is rescheduled for Spring with additional dates in the Fall. I would however be completely stoked if there was a major break through and it allowed for shows this Fall.    
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    I think fall is a safe bet. Things have really trended positively recently and openings are scheduled in most states starting may 1. Cant live afraid.  Keep an eye on sports. Sports by july 4 is the goal which will essentially be the sign of good things for the fall/winter
  • mshnayder said:
    I think your timeline is a stretch. 

We can’t just live in fear forever. 
    There’s living in fear and then there’s rock concerts