Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    PB11041 said:
    Trying to speculate when dates will be rescheduled is kind of pointless.  I can't fathom them putting anything in stone at this time. They had to go ahead with the Sea Hear Now and Ohana announcement, but they would be absolutely steamrolled if they attempted to announce and sell tickets for a fall tour when their is no obvious resolution to the tour they just "postponed". 

Any other act and it would be a public relations disaster adding new dates before sorting out the postponement 

You should always prioritize the customers negatively impacted the most before trying to sell to new customers 
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    As others have said, airlines are waiving change/cancel fees but a lot are just providing flight credits to be used within one year. That would make it difficult and unfair to reschedule full tour a year from now. Likely these dates get set up before a new tour is sold. Wouldn't be surprised to see some spacing and combined dates though.

What sucks for fans is I think this short Spring tour was going to be good for the band's energy and performances. A lot of rest days built in likely for good reason with Eddie and his voice (had to cancel a couple shows in 2018). That goes out the window if they start planning a massive tour. 

Really was looking forward to seeing a PJ on my birthday this April. That likely won't be rescheduled. But I get this and understand it completely. Just can still be selfishly disappointed. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    Jetblue just updated their travel policy today. Now covering trips scheduled through end of April. Last night it was only new bookings made this month. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited March 2020
    Here's a link to a post suggesting the St. Louis show got rescheduled for Feb 1, 2021.

...fall tour...on?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PearlJamStLouis/permalink/3316153221746045/

You may have to request to join...

Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    fake news
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Here's a link to a post suggesting the St. Louis show got rescheduled for Feb 1, 2021.

...fall tour...on?

because of a parking app - stop it! ;) hahaha
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020

...fall tour...on?

because of a parking app - stop it! ;) hahaha
     haha...  now that was funny!

Really, just stop... There are no dates. If I had to bet, I'd lay down good money there won't be any make-up dates announced for at least 2 months. Probably much longer...    
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802

...fall tour...on?

That’s just a place holder date.  We do that at work all the time.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Anyone else see the rumors of Baltimore oct 3rd Nashville the 5th and MSG the 6th?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,218
    JM144705 said:
    Anyone else see the rumors of Baltimore oct 3rd Nashville the 5th and MSG the 6th?
    I have not seen that.  It doesn’t sound reasonable.  For one thing they will be at Ohana a few days prior and have at least 6 other shows to make up in the west, whereas they will be at SHN in mid Sept which is more in range with Baltimore and MSG.  And for another the logistics don’t work to set up and take down in Nashville one day and MSG the next.  It’s just too far a distance.  And finally how can anyone plan any dates right now.

Now, if I am wrong and these dates get confirmed, I will be good with that.  But I don’t see this one being right.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 308
    edited March 2020
    kst said:
    JM144705 said:
    I have not seen that.  It doesn’t sound reasonable.  For one thing they will be at Ohana a few days prior and have at least 6 other shows to make up in the west, whereas they will be at SHN in mid Sept which is more in range with Baltimore and MSG.  And for another the logistics don’t work to set up and take down in Nashville one day and MSG the next.  It’s just too far a distance.  And finally how can anyone plan any dates right now.

Now, if I am wrong and these dates get confirmed, I will be good with that.  But I don’t see this one being right.

Don’t know about these dates, but The Killers announced late summer & fall tour & Foo Fighters announces rescheduled dates & arena availability is going to fill up quick. PJ could obviously have deals done with arenas & not made public though too. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    JM144705 said:
    Those are just place holders. Not true. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Kentucky Derby rescheduled to September.  That’s a good sign for a fall tour still being possible.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Yeah, but nobody really knows the timeline for this. It’s all guessing and wishful thinking. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    BR2428BR2428 Posts: 120
    My guess is that they have it all worked out already and just aren’t saying anything until they see how this thing plays out over the next few weeks or so. No sense in getting everyone’s hopes up just to have to cancel/postpone again. 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,348
    BR2428 said:
    My guess is that they have it all worked out already and just aren’t saying anything until they see how this thing plays out over the next few weeks or so. No sense in getting everyone’s hopes up just to have to cancel/postpone again. 
    This is what I was thinking too.  Especially after the foos rescheduled dates were pushed all the way out to Dec.  I think PJ got the jump on it and may have been able to get at least some of these shows rescheduled and are waiting to see if the coast is clear because some are a much earlier date than Dec. 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,436
    BR2428 said:
    This is what I was thinking too.  Especially after the foos rescheduled dates were pushed all the way out to Dec.  I think PJ got the jump on it and may have been able to get at least some of these shows rescheduled and are waiting to see if the coast is clear because some are a much earlier date than Dec. 
    I doubt we get any rescheduled spring dates before spring 2021.  Hopefully this virus is on the run in a couple of months and we get the already schedule fall tour.  But I think it’s highly doubtful any postponed shows happen before next year.  Hoping I wrong tho. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    .dbl
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,348
    on2legs said:
    BR2428 said:
    I doubt we get any rescheduled spring dates before spring 2021.  Hopefully this virus is on the run in a couple of months and we get the already schedule fall tour.  But I think it’s highly doubtful any postponed shows happen before next year.  Hoping I wrong tho. 
    I initially thought the same, and definitely still see it as a very realistic possibility.   The Foo Fighters getting rescheduled this year gave me a little hope though.  So much of this hinges on if Europe is still a go.  Strange times 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,485
    My guess on fall dates....they arent happening either. I hate to sound pessimistic, but the EARLIEST we can expect a vaccine is 18 months.  And unless the entire population gets the virus, and has antibodies, as soon as we start to "resume normal activities" another outbreak is going to occur, and the lockdown process will start all over again.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    edited March 2020
    Vedd Hedd said:
    My guess on fall dates....they arent happening either. I hate to sound pessimistic, but the EARLIEST we can expect a vaccine is 18 months.  And unless the entire population gets the virus, and has antibodies, as soon as we start to "resume normal activities" another outbreak is going to occur, and the lockdown process will start all over again.  
    This is what the modeling is indicating. Normal life doesn't resume until a vaccine is proven safe and effective. Anyone rescheduling for <12 months out isn't just guessing, they're being overly optimistic.

EDIT: One possible "blind spot" in the modeling is the emergence of a viable treatment (such as an antiviral or hydroxychloroquine), which does not replace a vaccine, but buys time until a vaccine is available. But manufacturing and distributing such treatments would be a monumental undertaking, with every person requiring enough dosage to last 12-18 months.
    Post edited by Mike D88 on
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    This is what the modeling is indicating. Normal life doesn't resume until a vaccine is proven safe and effective. Anyone rescheduling for <12 months out isn't just guessing, they're being overly optimistic.

EDIT: One possible "blind spot" in the modeling is the emergence of a viable treatment (such as an antiviral or hydroxychloroquine), which does not replace a vaccine, but buys time until a vaccine is available. But manufacturing and distributing such treatments would be a monumental undertaking, with every person requiring enough dosage to last 12-18 months.
    You may be right.  Hopefully there’s a better scenario than that.  Anyway if they announced fall dates I’d book refundable accommodations and hold off on anything non-refundable.  I wouldn’t mind being able to book on that basis to at least have something to look forward to, even if it is subsequently deferred again.

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    kst said:
    Kentucky Derby rescheduled to September.  That’s a good sign for a fall tour still being possible.

They also own their own venue. That's easy to re-schedule.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    edited March 2020
    Mike D88 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

I am glad I am not looking at that model as "the" model. There are way too many unknowns out there right now to trust any of them as anything other than speculation. The next 2 months are going to tell us a lot about what we are in for in the long run. 
  • Options
    radial21radial21 Posts: 227
    Let me give an update on some info I posted a few weeks ago.

The Pittsburgh show on 9/4 is still confirmed, no plans have been made as of now to change that.  My source has been told that the announcement date is now listed as TBA rather than the initial 3/27 I reported.  I will continue to post updates as I hear them...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    radial21 said:

The Pittsburgh show on 9/4 is still confirmed, no plans have been made as of now to change that.  My source has been told that the announcement date is now listed as TBA rather than the initial 3/27 I reported.  I will continue to post updates as I hear them...
    Thanks for the update! Crazy your source even knew the date they were going to announce. People that shared here in the past did not even have privy to that info. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    radial21 said:

Thanks for the update! Crazy your source even knew the date they were going to announce. People that shared here in the past did not even have privy to that info. 
    Yes, thanks.  The fact that it has not been changed so far at the very least means they have not decided to cancel all North American shows this year.  I am cautiously optimistic about a fall tour in NA.  And Pittsburgh PA will be perfectly lovely around Labor Day.  It really will.

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    radial21 said:

Thanks for the update 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Mike D88 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Front page article in the Toronto Star today quoting from research led by the University of Toronto:  “The disruptive measures must continue for more than six months to slash the size of the epidemic peak by more than half”.  

MFC.

• Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited March 2020
    anyone else worried that entire year will be wiped out for concerts?

Post edited by Melzombie on