Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    vito said:
    Please no more Lolla in Chicago ever! It's just a massive waste of time and it's never a memorable show for anyone. When is the last time you read anywhere PJ at any Lolla show is regarded as one of their best ever?? Always a shorter set, mainly greatest hits and the vibe just is different and a pain in the ass. Just play some normal shows in Chicago and yep that means stop with the Wrigley Field nonsense(5 shows is enough), it was fun and a couple of the shows were really good but, it's also run it's course. If it's about the $$$ then that's really a sad reason to play Lolla!! They make plenty just playing normal shows.
    I 1000% agree but it seems more and more likely if Wrigley is out. 

Hooe I’m wrong and we get a 2 night stand at the UC. 
  • Options
    vito said:
    Please no more Lolla in Chicago ever! It's just a massive waste of time and it's never a memorable show for anyone. When is the last time you read anywhere PJ at any Lolla show is regarded as one of their best ever?? Always a shorter set, mainly greatest hits and the vibe just is different and a pain in the ass. Just play some normal shows in Chicago and yep that means stop with the Wrigley Field nonsense(5 shows is enough), it was fun and a couple of the shows were really good but, it's also run it's course. If it's about the $$$ then that's really a sad reason to play Lolla!! They make plenty just playing normal shows.
    I don’t mind lolla. You just need to go in with an open mind. I’d prefer lolla over Wrigley again. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    vito said:
    I don’t mind lolla. You just need to go in with an open mind. I’d prefer lolla over Wrigley again. 

I'm not crazy about festivals but would give Lolla a shot. I like shows that are right in the middle of a city. Festivals way out in the sticks are a nonstarter for me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    zozzoz Posts: 9
    I got to about 3 festivals every year and Lolla had one of the worst crowds of any I've been to. The festival itself is very well run though, Grant Park is very nice, and seeing the Chicago skyline behind the stage is beautiful.
  • Options
    Dead and Company just announced two shows at Fenway. That calendar is loaded this summer.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Dead and Company just announced two shows at Fenway. That calendar is loaded this summer.

A buddy who works for the red sox mentioned no dice on Fenway this year. Hopefully that means the TD Garden is getting a show!
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

A buddy who works for the red sox mentioned no dice on Fenway this year. Hopefully that means the TD Garden is getting a show!

Gotta be, right? Hoping for Hartford and then two nights on Causeway Street.

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

They have put on a show the last few times I've seen them there....would love this! 

Not going to complain if they come an hour north to Worcester though....
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,764
    JBob87 said:
    vito said:

I see zero chance that they will play their final show in Europe on July 23rd, then come back and play Lollapalooza in chicago the next week.   August will be off as Mike does his new festival.  Remote possibility the band plays a set of shows in September before Ed does Ohana, then they go back out in October.

Seems much more likely they will do dates similar to fall of 2013, but maybe not as many as they did that year. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,734
    PB11041 said:
    JBob87 said:
    vito said:

I see zero chance that they will play their final show in Europe on July 23rd, then come back and play Lollapalooza in chicago the next week.   August will be off as Mike does his new festival.  Remote possibility the band plays a set of shows in September before Ed does Ohana, then they go back out in October.

Seems much more likely they will do dates similar to fall of 2013, but maybe not as many as they did that year. 
    I know you are talking fall only with numbers but we are sitting at the most shows already these guys since 2013 which they played 33 shows. This year they are at 32 shows. Another leg would leap them way ahead of anything they have done since 2006. If we get anything this fall it has to be one leg tops I would guess and save something for 2021. 
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited February 2020
    PJNB said:
    PB11041 said:
    JBob87 said:
    vito said:

I know you are talking fall only with numbers but we are sitting at the most shows already these guys since 2013 which they played 33 shows. This year they are at 32 shows. Another leg would leap them way ahead of anything they have done since 2006. If we get anything this fall it has to be one leg tops I would guess and save something for 2021. 
    Yep - this is why I chose making the voyage to Oklahoma in April. If the East Coast gets anything in the Fall the demand will be just as intense and I'd most likely have to travel anyway. I can get my GIGATON on in the Spring and relax for the shows I'm planning on hitting up this Summer. 

EDIT: The upcoming leg is starting to feel "real" and the HYPE is kicking in. WOOOHOOOOO
    Post edited by erocshifty on
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    PB11041 said:
    JBob87 said:
    vito said:

The timeline looks good for ACL. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    JBob87 said:
    vito said:

Really hope you’re right. Good analysis.
  • Options
    vito said:
    When is the last time you’ve been? In my estimation in the last ~3-4 years the crowd has gotten infinitely worse. High school OD fest. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    JBob87 said:
    vito said:
    When is the last time you’ve been? In my estimation in the last ~3-4 years the crowd has gotten infinitely worse. High school OD fest. 
    Yeah, blows my mind that anyone would prefer Lolla over Wrigley. 2 hours of greatest hits in a flat field with a bunch of wannabe hippies who prefer EDM vs. 3 hours in a stadium with dedicated fans from around the world where the band has played some epic sets. No brainer. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Oh man, another Hartford show would be fantastic.  I stayed at that hotel that connects to the venue the last two times.  So convenient.  Some combination of 2 shows between Hartford and TD Bank/Worcester would be much appreciated.  
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Oh man, another Hartford show would be fantastic.  I stayed at that hotel that connects to the venue the last two times.  So convenient.  Some combination of 2 shows between Hartford and TD Bank/Worcester would be much appreciated.  

Yeah we stayed there in 2010. It was awesome. Drove back after the show in 2013. Less awesome.

• Options
    And Wrigley is booked for July 23/24 for Dead & Co.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Praying for a TD Garden date in the fall. Then can hit up the Celtics & or Bruins too!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,400
    I went to that chicago lolla show...and it sucked.  Pearl Jam was fine.  I heard Education for the first time. 

But here is a bit of a summary of how the day went. 

Got there fairly early, only went the day of the PJ Show.  Saw a few bands on other stages.  Made my way over to the PJ Stage, and the ground was muddy.  Swampy even.  It was already like 90 degrees early in the morning, and the heat, mixed with that swamp made it almost unbearably humid.  Thought I was being smart by "watching a few bands during the day, then making my way over to the PJ Stage in the afternoon" to get a decent spot.  There were already thousands of people there.   There was little room to stand, and you could not sit down due to the ground being muddy.  

My love for PJ told me to hang in there.  As some of the other bands played and left, some people left, so I moved a teeny bit closer.   It was hard to keep a spot, though, and although we brought water, we ran out.  Water was insanely expensive.   At this point I realized I had been standing in the sun and mud for about 8 hours. Without sitting down once. 

PJ came on, and there was a mad rush of festival people.  Not hardcore PJ fans, but a TON of festival people.  Got crowded out of our spot.  A girl was wasted and smoking, and burned me with her cigarette.   Lots of people talking during the songs/between songs.  Like loud screaming talking, not the "Hey pass me the water please" but like, "OMG blah blah blah is on the other stage, lets go over there woooooooo"  

At one point, I felt someone kick me in the back of the head, and thats when I realized that someone was crowd surfing.  And then another one.  And a small mosh pit broke out.  And none of these people knew the songs.  At that point, about midway through the set, I decided I am not cut out for this.....made my way to the WAY far side, on the small hills where the fences were, and sat down the rest of the show.  

Short set.  

the pros...it was kinda cool seeing them play with Lake Michigan in one background, and the city lights in the other background.  The sound was pretty good.   

But that crowd....I wont do that again.   

My hope is they DONT play lolla.  If they do....i probably wont go...but if I DID go...I may just show up 20 minutes before they come on, and go sit on the side and not deal with that. 

If you like festivals and that type of crowd, its for you. I know people love festivals.  I am not one of them.  

Cue Danny Glover. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Jlance00Jlance00 Rhode Island Posts: 19
    ugh fenway? again?   how about Gillete stadium where the pats play?
  • Options
    Lolla sounds miserable.  I've never gone, despite not living too far away.  This is about what I imagined.  I saw Radiohead in Grant Park years ago, and it was fine.  But these damn millenials nowadays... ;-)
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Jlance00 said:
    ugh fenway? again?   how about Gillete stadium where the pats play?
    There is zero indication they are going to play Fenway again this year.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528

If I go to a festival in the future I'll just hang back.  Relax with a group of friends where not crowded.  Listen to the music and watch the screens.  Grab beers.  Take a bathroom break.  Not be surrounded by sweaty people. 

If it is your one show I could see wanting to be close to the stage.

• Options
    incidental immortalityincidental immortality CT Posts: 444
    edited February 2020
    I'll take Hartford.  I'll take Worcester.  I'll take Boston.  I'll even take Philly.  Actually after being shut out for the spring leg I'll take anywhere I can get fan club tickets.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    I'll take Hartford.  I'll take Worcester.  I'll take Boston.  I'll even take Philly.  Actually after being shut out for the spring leg I'll take anywhere I can get fan club tickets.
    “Anywhere” meaning south, midwest, west, etc...or just another impossible ticket in the NE?  

Ny’rs should take the hint and travel out to see some shows. 
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Hurry up and announce the dates....I am trying to book a trip to Munich for Oktoberfest AND hit as many shows as possible in the Fall LOL
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Still no solid rumors? I was hoping some leaks would happen this week. Oh well, maybe next week🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,734
    When did 2013's tour rumours start rumbling? I remember 14 and on but can not remember 13's fall tour rumours. 
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    edited February 2020
    don't think there will be any rumors until dimi shows up and posts something...

but hoping for florida dates
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12