Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    My guess is announcement in May with rumors starting about a month before.
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 453
    A lot of concert tours are announced very shortly after a big appearance, like the Grammys or Super Bowl (Shakira tour announced day after SB this week). 
    Perhaps the fall leg rumors will start flowing after the Apollo show and subsequent release of Gigaton?
    Maybe not, but we can hope!
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,797
    PJNB said:
    When did 2013's tour rumours start rumbling? I remember 14 and on but can not remember 13's fall tour rumours. 
    2013 rumours didn’t really pick up steam until early June.  Countdown clock started July 1st 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 821
    No Fall Tour?
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,797
    vedpunk said:
    No Fall Tour?
    There will be a fall tour 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,188
    I still think they hit swing states to promote the album and attempt to swing votes. A heavy dose of FL, OH, MI, MN, WI and PA. Back to stadiums in 2021 and beyond. 

Arenas need less notice. Probably hear something in May, June, possibly early July. That still is 3 full months notice minimum for an october thru november run. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,744
    D-Rod said:
    vedpunk said:
    No Fall Tour?
    There will be a fall tour 
    Vedpunk was the first here to mention a spring tour. Curious if this has any weight behind it or speculation. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    I'll take Hartford.  I'll take Worcester.  I'll take Boston.  I'll even take Philly.  Actually after being shut out for the spring leg I'll take anywhere I can get fan club tickets.
    “Anywhere” meaning south, midwest, west, etc...or just another impossible ticket in the NE?  

Ny’rs should take the hint and travel out to see some shows. 

Yep. Use NY to promote that new album. (Wow PJ sold out MSG! So donate!). I probably will donate anyway, great cause.

But if NY gets skipped over again ( yes 1 show for a 25 million region with $1500 tickets is essentially being skipped over) - DotC tour is definitely reminiscent of Bowie . Suffragette City.
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 337
    SB117186 said:
    London, ON anyone???
    I'd go there....only about a 6 hour drive for me.

Decent venue from what I remember.  We toured the LaBatt brewery there
    Great venue!
  • Options
    Regarding the spring shows... since there is an opener, will the regular set list and stage time be shorter, or do you feel they will deliver the usual show?
  • Options
    I'll take Hartford.  I'll take Worcester.  I'll take Boston.  I'll even take Philly.  Actually after being shut out for the spring leg I'll take anywhere I can get fan club tickets.
    “Anywhere” meaning south, midwest, west, etc...or just another impossible ticket in the NE?  

Well, my comment was mostly in jest.  Just listing some cities that I was hoping they'd schedule a show for.  I've been lucky enough to have lots of shows in my area and I know that a lot of other fans don't have this luxury.  But long distance travel is out not in the cards for me at this point.  I should have traveled when I was young but now, with young kids, its not really an option.  Don't get me wrong, I think that its awesome that fans travel to see the band.  And hopefully I can do that someday.  
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,744
    Regarding the spring shows... since there is an opener, will the regular set list and stage time be shorter, or do you feel they will deliver the usual show?
    In the past they have never let an opener cut their show short looking at the 2013 and 2014 tour. If you look at the 2018 Euro tour they were trending on playing less songs and a shorter set though. If they continue that I would not blame the opener. 
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,185

Yep. Use NY to promote that new album. (Wow PJ sold out MSG! So donate!). I probably will donate anyway, great cause.

But if NY gets skipped over again ( yes 1 show for a 25 million region with $1500 tickets is essentially being skipped over) - DotC tour is definitely reminiscent of Bowie . Suffragette City.
    Here is another prospective. I don't think they need NY to promote anything at this point in their career, playing the Apollo for the SiriusXM show makes sense for 3 very specific reasons. It's a historical venue they have never played, it lines up with their tour schedule, and SiriusXM is headquartered in NYC. I get what you are saying about supply and demand because NYC stands alone as far as population goes, but Houston hasn't had a show in 17 years. In that time frame NYC has had over 20 shows, and probably 20-30 more in very reasonable traveling distance. I think they have gone above and beyond to try and meet the demand of such a heavily populated region. I see your situation as being very fortunate when it comes to being a PJ fan, but there are always different ways to look at things. I have only slept in my bed 1 time after a PJ show, and will be setting out on another trek come April. I can respect your passion though and hope that you are able to score tickets.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    I'm just waiting around for all the people who said there wouldn't be a Spring tour to start saying how there won't be a fall tour.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    JM144705 said:
    I'm just waiting around for all the people who said there wouldn't be a Spring tour to start saying how there won't be a fall tour.
    :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    I still think they hit swing states to promote the album and attempt to swing votes. A heavy dose of FL, OH, MI, MN, WI and PA. Back to stadiums in 2021 and beyond. 

Arenas need less notice. Probably hear something in May, June, possibly early July. That still is 3 full months notice minimum for an october thru november run. 
    maybe some swing states but I think that will be more a matter of coincidence/convenience.  They are generally more practical and pragmatic about their influence these days and use their opportunity to impact things they can tangibly control.   

As far as stadiums in the future, I think this first little test run with Ticket Master has proven that they can manage to get high volume of tickets directly to Club members, so the need to play ridiculously large stadiums is not necessary.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    With 31 shows on the schedule already, I wouldn't be surprised if the second leg was a short one. You'd expect Boston, Philly, Chicago and (somewhere near) Seattle to all get shows on an album tour. Maybe sprinkle in a few more in between. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    If they are rumored to be playing Lolla, maybe we get Fall/late summer dates in March
  • Options
    PB11041 said:

maybe some swing states but I think that will be more a matter of coincidence/convenience.  They are generally more practical and pragmatic about their influence these days and use their opportunity to impact things they can tangibly control.   

As far as stadiums in the future, I think this first little test run with Ticket Master has proven that they can manage to get high volume of tickets directly to Club members, so the need to play ridiculously large stadiums is not necessary.

Bigger payday. Less traveling. Make the fans come to you. Bigger hype. Why play for 15k  for 20 shows when you can play for 40k plus per show for like 8 shows.

I dont think there is a need to play stadiums but the math supports stadiums. Is probably also easier on the crew/family life. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    JW269453 said:

Here is another prospective. I don't think they need NY to promote anything at this point in their career, playing the Apollo for the SiriusXM show makes sense for 3 very specific reasons. It's a historical venue they have never played, it lines up with their tour schedule, and SiriusXM is headquartered in NYC. I get what you are saying about supply and demand because NYC stands alone as far as population goes, but Houston hasn't had a show in 17 years. In that time frame NYC has had over 20 shows, and probably 20-30 more in very reasonable traveling distance. I think they have gone above and beyond to try and meet the demand of such a heavily populated region. I see your situation as being very fortunate when it comes to being a PJ fan, but there are always different ways to look at things. I have only slept in my bed 1 time after a PJ show, and will be setting out on another trek come April. I can respect your passion though and hope that you are able to score tickets.

There is no doubt 17 years is way too long. I hope that ends in the fall. Doing one msg and one private show at the Apollo this tour is almost the same as doing zero in NYC.

And I’m betting they’re gonna count these 2 shows their full NY allocation this tour. I’ll trust your math but they did 2 here in 16 and 2 in 13. Both those years tix were impossible if you didn’t win the lottery.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    PB11041 said:

Bigger payday. Less traveling. Make the fans come to you. Bigger hype. Why play for 15k  for 20 shows when you can play for 40k plus per show for like 8 shows.

I dont think there is a need to play stadiums but the math supports stadiums. Is probably also easier on the crew/family life. 

I’m betting GNR is regretting their decision to play stadiums. Looks like plenty of of elbow room at MetLife stadium. Bring the wife, the kids, the nanny and the in laws. Heck, bring the entire little league team.
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 665
    $584 million worth of regrets so far!
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    PB11041 said:

I’m betting GNR is regretting their decision to play stadiums. Looks like plenty of of elbow room at MetLife stadium. Bring the wife, the kids, the nanny and the in laws. Heck, bring the entire little league team.
    Maybe now, yeah. But that first reunion year they were packed to the max. It's good to mix it up and maintain a degree if scarcity.  
  • Options
    I saw an article a couple days ago where the remaining members of Soundgarden talked about how they found out Chris had died. The article is elsewhere and anyone can find it if they wish...

Anyway, Matt, Kim and Ben had all traveled out of Detroit via bus. Chris couldn't sleep on his bus, so he opted for the hotel room with plans to join up the next day.

Matt was on Facebook and he saw a post. He called the other guys on their buses and they called the manager who confirmed the news. The manager told them not to return to Detroit, as it would have been a mess with police, media, maybe some fans, etc.

That next show? Columbus.

I hope that doesn't come into play if the "Columbus or Cleveland" thing comes true.

But...I totally respect it if it does.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    Will be gutted if they don’t play Lolla or sheds and I can’t get tickets for face
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996

I would LOVE for Florida to get a fall show, but after playing 4 shows here in 2016, I don’t see it happening. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    The Sirius rumor turned out to be true... Waiting to see if the SNL turns out to be true too.  Feb 29 and March 7 hosts have been announced so I would think it could only be March 14th, right before the tour starts, or possibly  in May when they get back..  usually three episodes in May.
  • Options
    jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    JW269453 said:

Truth.  Tix available for OKC.   Welcome to the rest of the country NYC.    
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Current guess:

minneapolis
    milwaukee
    chicago
    indy
    cleveland
    pittsburgh
    buffalo
    boston
    hartford
    nyc
    philly
    dc
    raleigh
    atlanta
    nola
    dallas

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Quit whining New York.  At least you get a shot at a show where you live.  Enough.