• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    The top five US cities I'd love to visit to see pj for the first time in:
    Austin
    Minneapolis
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Louisville

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    Austin
    Minneapolis
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Louisville

Some of those places are great, but Houston? Eeek. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Quit whining New York.  At least you get a shot at a show where you live.  Enough.  

Got $1756 I can borrow for the current face value? I’m good for it, I promise. 

Other fans get actual shows. We get 8% shot. If it’s stoli I’m cool with it.
  • Options
    Quit whining New York.  At least you get a shot at a show where you live.  Enough.  

Your town has a higher ratio of shows per person than my town. 
  • Options
    jimfish said:
    JW269453 said:
    I'll take Hartford.  I'll take Worcester.  I'll take Boston.  I'll even take Philly.  Actually after being shut out for the spring leg I'll take anywhere I can get fan club tickets.
    “Anywhere” meaning south, midwest, west, etc...or just another impossible ticket in the NE?  

Ny’rs should take the hint and travel out to see some shows. 

Yep. Use NY to promote that new album. (Wow PJ sold out MSG! So donate!). I probably will donate anyway, great cause.

But if NY gets skipped over again ( yes 1 show for a 25 million region with $1500 tickets is essentially being skipped over) - DotC tour is definitely reminiscent of Bowie . Suffragette City.
    Here is another prospective. I don't think they need NY to promote anything at this point in their career, playing the Apollo for the SiriusXM show makes sense for 3 very specific reasons. It's a historical venue they have never played, it lines up with their tour schedule, and SiriusXM is headquartered in NYC. I get what you are saying about supply and demand because NYC stands alone as far as population goes, but Houston hasn't had a show in 17 years. In that time frame NYC has had over 20 shows, and probably 20-30 more in very reasonable traveling distance. I think they have gone above and beyond to try and meet the demand of such a heavily populated region. I see your situation as being very fortunate when it comes to being a PJ fan, but there are always different ways to look at things. I have only slept in my bed 1 time after a PJ show, and will be setting out on another trek come April. I can respect your passion though and hope that you are able to score tickets.
    Truth.  Tix available for OKC.   Welcome to the rest of the country NYC.    

Y’all so quick to spend our money, thanks dude!

ya got a grand I can borrow for travel? I’m good for it, I promise. I thank the prez for that. Sick returns. BTW no direct flights NY to okc.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Austin
    Minneapolis
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Louisville

Seventeen years since their last show there could make things very interesting. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Austin
    Minneapolis
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Louisville

Seventeen years since their last show there could make things very interesting. 
    Good point. The show might be killer. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited February 2020

Yeah, but not going to be lending.  My point is there are tons of towns that get no shows at all, or one every 10 years.   Ironically your town gets a show every other tour but you have so many people it is difficult to get tickets.  So you are basically in a similar boat to someone who lives in Atlanta or Houston.  Join the club.  I've seen 3 shows where I live in 22 years.  

No one outside of New York feels any sorrow for New Yorkers when it comes to PJ shows. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    jimfish said:
    JW269453 said:
    I'll take Hartford.  I'll take Worcester.  I'll take Boston.  I'll even take Philly.  Actually after being shut out for the spring leg I'll take anywhere I can get fan club tickets.
    “Anywhere” meaning south, midwest, west, etc...or just another impossible ticket in the NE?  

Ny’rs should take the hint and travel out to see some shows. 

Yep. Use NY to promote that new album. (Wow PJ sold out MSG! So donate!). I probably will donate anyway, great cause.

But if NY gets skipped over again ( yes 1 show for a 25 million region with $1500 tickets is essentially being skipped over) - DotC tour is definitely reminiscent of Bowie . Suffragette City.
    Here is another prospective. I don't think they need NY to promote anything at this point in their career, playing the Apollo for the SiriusXM show makes sense for 3 very specific reasons. It's a historical venue they have never played, it lines up with their tour schedule, and SiriusXM is headquartered in NYC. I get what you are saying about supply and demand because NYC stands alone as far as population goes, but Houston hasn't had a show in 17 years. In that time frame NYC has had over 20 shows, and probably 20-30 more in very reasonable traveling distance. I think they have gone above and beyond to try and meet the demand of such a heavily populated region. I see your situation as being very fortunate when it comes to being a PJ fan, but there are always different ways to look at things. I have only slept in my bed 1 time after a PJ show, and will be setting out on another trek come April. I can respect your passion though and hope that you are able to score tickets.
    Truth.  Tix available for OKC.   Welcome to the rest of the country NYC.    

Y’all so quick to spend our money, thanks dude!

ya got a grand I can borrow for travel? I’m good for it, I promise. I thank the prez for that. Sick returns. BTW no direct flights NY to okc.
    A grand? C'mon. I'll plan the entire trip for you; won't cost more than $500. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Austin
    Minneapolis
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Louisville

Fun stuff.  Let's see.  My top 5 would be:

Boise, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls, Des Moines, Atlanta

Would go back to Telluride in a heartbeat.  That was the best.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited February 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Austin
    Minneapolis
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Louisville

Caught Metallica in Louisville last year. Really nice venue in an awesome downtown area. I'd go to a PJ show there in a heartbeat. It's also a bigger arena. Killer city!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    edited February 2020
    vito said:
    Please no more Lolla in Chicago ever! It's just a massive waste of time and it's never a memorable show for anyone. When is the last time you read anywhere PJ at any Lolla show is regarded as one of their best ever?? Always a shorter set, mainly greatest hits and the vibe just is different and a pain in the ass. Just play some normal shows in Chicago and yep that means stop with the Wrigley Field nonsense(5 shows is enough), it was fun and a couple of the shows were really good but, it's also run it's course. If it's about the $$$ then that's really a sad reason to play Lolla!! They make plenty just playing normal shows.
    I had a blast at Lolla 2007.  It was pretty much a greatest hits set but the opening was fucking fire.  Still my favorite live version of Why Go (that I’ve seen in person).  Plus got to see Ed do masters of war with Ben Harper and a song with King’s of Leon.  I also discovered the badassary of My Morning Jacket there.  Festivals are definitely not for everyone, and I don’t even know if I’d really dig one these days lol.  They aren’t ALL bad though.

Also, yeah the money is probably good and it’s generally easier (just show up and play).  But with the way they tour these days, festivals are pretty much the only way to reach potential new fans in the live setting.
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Austin
    Minneapolis
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Louisville

All great cities that definitely need some pj love.  For some reason omaha is calling me, no clue why.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    mcgruff10 said:
    Austin
    Minneapolis
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Louisville

Definitely fun stuff. My top 5 North American in no particular order:

Vancouver
    Austin
    Cleveland
    Portland, OR
    San Diego

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

I'm sorry man my head is still spinning trying to understand that political debate yesterday. 

I'm sorry, I forgot your town? My specific population region has over three million residents, 8 million more within 15 miles and has not seen a show since 2003 and probably will never get one again. 
  • Options

Yeah, but not going to be lending.  My point is there are tons of towns that get no shows at all, or one every 10 years.   Ironically your town gets a show every other tour but you have so many people it is difficult to get tickets.  So you are basically in a similar boat to someone who lives in Atlanta or Houston.  Join the club.  I've seen 3 shows where I live in 22 years.  

No one outside of New York feels any sorrow for New Yorkers when it comes to PJ shows. 

One can discuss a circumstance without wanting sorrow. It's only a rock show. It's obvious what the congregation here believes. Let's get angry at scalpers taking advantage of a band that always releases tours in nickles and dimes and focuses on smaller markets at the same time pretend spending $1000 and  burning fuel on an out of town trip is more righteous than staying home managing family and business responsibilities and dropping $900 on stub hub.

My point  wasn't even lack of shows. It was the $1756 for MSG. The one show here seems curious.  
  • Options
    Gorge in September would get my ass home in a hurry!
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,506
    Indy or Louisville would definitely get my vote! Less than a 3 hour drive to each city. 
  • Options

One can discuss a circumstance without wanting sorrow. It's only a rock show. It's obvious what the congregation here believes. Let's get angry at scalpers taking advantage of a band that always releases tours in nickles and dimes and focuses on smaller markets at the same time pretend spending $1000 and  burning fuel on an out of town trip is more righteous than staying home managing family and business responsibilities and dropping $900 on stub hub.

My point  wasn't even lack of shows. It was the $1756 for MSG. The one show here seems curious.  

It sounds like your beef is that they don't tour that widely.  We all agree with that. 

Luckily you are in NYC and have three big airports that have direct flights to any city in the country Pearl Jam is playing in. 

• Options
    I'll take buffalo Detroit Cleveland Pittsburgh and London ont. All driving distance from my house.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited February 2020
    Here are 5 cities in the USA where I’ve never seen Pearl Jam and would like to do so:

Albuquerque
    Asheville, NC
    New Orleans
    Portland, ME
    Portland, OR

I visited Louisville for the first time last September and enjoyed it.  Pearl Jam will not play there due to their arena’s ticketing policies - the floor is all GA and the seats have tiered prices.
    Post edited by Yefa on
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    edited February 2020

FWIW I think your gripe is fair. It sucks that for NY area people (which on a tour like this especially is really large!) the options are either get lucky or spend a shitload of money. It’s basic supply and demand (both supply and demand contribute) but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck. For a lot of reasons (not just $) travel can be tough on people so everyone saying “lol spoiled NYer just travel!” is missing that. Plus many have personal connections to their hometown venues.

Hopefully there is a more comprehensive tour in the Fall. I’d be shocked if there wasn’t given album release. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

I'm sorry man my head is still spinning trying to understand that political debate yesterday. 

I'm sorry, I forgot your town? My specific population region has over three million residents, 8 million more within 15 miles and has not seen a show since 2003 and probably will never get one again. 
    Still a higher ratio than my town. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    GG267924 said:
    I'll take buffalo Detroit Cleveland Pittsburgh and London ont. All driving distance from my house.
    I 100% endorse this plan.  Driving distance for me as well 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 825
    edited February 2020
    Sorry but this is a complete joke.  New Yorkers should not be crying (but they always do).  There have been countless Northeast tours with shows in New York and many, many cities surrounding or within 4 hrs of NYC (hello Hartford, Camden, Borgata, Nassau, Baltimore, East Rutherford, Boston, Philly, Buffalo, etc.)  Leave it to New Yorkers to find a negative spin on their situation when the rest of the country rarely sees the band, and if they do, it’s every 5-10 years.  (Chicago not included)
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    Haven’t followed this page for a week or two. Any credible rumours besides Sea Hear Now?

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 899
    spokane please, short drive for the band from home and short drive for me too. Thanks.
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Sorry but this a complete joke.  New Yorkers should not be crying (but they always do).  There have been countless Northeast tours with shows in New York and many, many cities surrounding or within 4 hrs of NYC (hello Hartford, Camden, Borgata, Nassau, Baltimore, East Rutherford, Boston, Philly, Buffalo, etc.)  Leave it to New Yorkers to find a negative spin on their situation when the rest of the country rarely sees the band, and if they do, it’s every 5-10 years.  (Chicago not included)
    Borgata was 15 years ago, Nassau 17 years ago, Camden 12 years ago 😂

My guess is they play the northeast in September around Global Citizens.

I think the Fall leg is gonna be longggggg
    Minneapolis - Chicago x2 - Detroit - Cleveland - Pittsburgh - Buffalo - Hartford - Boston x2 - Brooklyn x2 - Philly x2 - DC - Raleigh - Atlanta - Miami - Tampa - New Orleans - Houston - Dallas - Las Vegas - Portland - Vancouver - Seattle x2

Theres so many cities they CAN’T skip because it’s been so long. Unless they have a 3rd Leg planned for 2021 after Australia and South America 

2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Sorry but this a complete joke.  New Yorkers should not be crying (but they always do).  There have been countless Northeast tours with shows in New York and many, many cities surrounding or within 4 hrs of NYC (hello Hartford, Camden, Borgata, Nassau, Baltimore, East Rutherford, Boston, Philly, Buffalo, etc.)  Leave it to New Yorkers to find a negative spin on their situation when the rest of the country rarely sees the band, and if they do, it’s every 5-10 years.  (Chicago not included)
    Borgata was 15 years ago, Nassau 17 years ago, Camden 12 years ago 😂

My guess is they play the northeast in September around Global Citizens.

I think the Fall leg is gonna be longggggg
    Minneapolis - Chicago x2 - Detroit - Cleveland - Pittsburgh - Buffalo - Hartford - Boston x2 - Brooklyn x2 - Philly x2 - DC - Raleigh - Atlanta - Miami - Tampa - New Orleans - Houston - Dallas - Las Vegas - Portland - Vancouver - Seattle x2

Theres so many cities they CAN’T skip because it’s been so long. Unless they have a 3rd Leg planned for 2021 after Australia and South America 

fall 2013...I could see it breaking down like this, maybe not quite as many shows and different cities obviously

• Options
    DC x2
    Philly x2
    NYC x2
    Boston x2

Other various midwest shows with a couple west coast too.

Let everyone and their brother fight for those shows listed above. It'll make tickets for hometown fans of the midwest cities easier to get.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"