Options

Worst Thing At A Concert

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Get_Right said:
    Good edibles are awesome for shows.  I cant imagine 150mg.  I think that would take an elephant down.
    A quick puff of good indica in the vaporizer relieves all anxiety from the days work and helps me sleep like a baby.

As long as you dont touch me, talk too loudly, pee or puke on me, do whatever you want to have fun. It is a rock show and I too grew up going to see the dead and other bands where there was always tons of partying. Just dont harsh my mellow LOL.

I will be at MSG and that is about it.  Maybe SF area if one is scheduled. Lottery or stub hub. Either way.
    You must be a guy because as a female, guys feel the need to put their hands on my shoulders all of the time. I'm not always with my husband, but I find that sometimes that doesn't matter. I've learned to basically be tolerant of that. Not so thrilled to be cracked in the ass though. 

The funniest was we were at Mayhem Fest, standing on the hill and waiting for a band to take the stage. A guy came through the crowd and was happy punching people. (Hard.) M stood up a bit more straight, shoulders back, arms out, hands on hips and dude stopped dead in his tracks. "Damn! You must work out!" He left us alone and bid us a good evening. Made all those evening workouts seem worth it. :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Yeah guy here. Of course that preference for having my space respected goes out the window for festivals. And a guy should never touch a woman at a show without permission. There are times it cant be avoided in big crowds but that is it.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Yeah guy here. Of course that preference for having my space respected goes out the window for festivals. And a guy should never touch a woman at a show without permission. There are times it cant be avoided in big crowds but that is it.
    Accidental touch-- I get that. These are not accidental. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    deadendp said:
    Get_Right said:
    Well that should not be tolerated IMHO.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,981
    Bunch of potheads and handsy pervs at shows these days. 

Who knew?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    deadendp said:
    Get_Right said:
    I want to be touched damn it!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Drunk and/or high people. Period.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Get_Right said:
    If I see you at a show, I will give you a hug.
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    Get_Right said:
    Hugs are always appreciated, TY.

I had a guy grab my junk at a concert, I can only take it as it was an accident because when I yelled 'WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!" he turned around and dismissed it as nothing, either that or the fact that I was a foot taller and built a wee bit better than he was...

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    Get_Right said:

I had a guy grab my junk at a concert, I can only take it as it was an accident because when I yelled 'WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!" he turned around and dismissed it as nothing, either that or the fact that I was a foot taller and built a wee bit better than he was...

Just a taste of what women get dude. Isn't good is it?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    edited January 2020
    Back in the mid 90s, me and some friends went to a festival. Some meathead started being a mega bozo towards a friend’s girlfriend. Shortly thereafter, meathead is up crowd surfing. As he came over top of us, my friend proceeded to straight gorilla punch the meathead directly in the testicles. This caused the meathead to wither in pain, resulting in him being dropped to the ground And landing on his head.

Moral of the story, don’t be a bozo at a show. 
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,759
    Back in the mid 90s, me and some friends went to a festival. Some meathead started being a mega bozo towards a friend’s girlfriend. Shortly thereafter, meathead is up crowd surfing. As he came over top of us, my friend proceeded to straight donkey punch the meathead directly in the testicles. This caused the meathead to wither in pain, resulting in him being dropped to the ground And landing on his head.

I think you meant 'rabbit punch'...
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Back in the mid 90s, me and some friends went to a festival. Some meathead started being a mega bozo towards a friend’s girlfriend. Shortly thereafter, meathead is up crowd surfing. As he came over top of us, my friend proceeded to straight donkey punch the meathead directly in the testicles. This caused the meathead to wither in pain, resulting in him being dropped to the ground And landing on his head.

I think you meant 'rabbit punch'...
    Had to check the urban dictionary for a refresher on the lingo.  Noted and edited. 
  • Options
    Whatever it's called, we knew it was delivered and well deserved  :plus_one:
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634
    What if the band is drunk and/or high people?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    ed243421 said:
    What if the band is drunk and/or high people?
    🤯 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,209
    It depends are the people/band function drunks/stoners, or are they messy drunks/stoners?  That's a key thing to know :)

The worst part about people drinking beer in the pit is all the people that need to go for piss breaks.  Then you keep having a stream of people trying to get their way into the closer sections of the pit, saying their friends are up there.  In which 90% of them are lying, and you can't tell the 10% telling the truth from the 90% and after a while you stop letting people pass you :)
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    Get_Right said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iv74AeTszO0
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    mudhoney? :confounded:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:
    Get_Right said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iv74AeTszO0
    hahahaha!!! I remember this, lol!!!
  • Options
    Thought of this thread last night.

Mid 1st set our GA area built a nice communal vibe, had a good energy flow going together. Who but cigarette smoking, whiskey smelling, lip packing Kevin Youkilis/Stone Cold Steve Austin wannabe MF stumbles in like a bouncing bumble to check out his first jam band show. Parks his big shiny bowling ball six inches in front of my face and deflates the whole thing for all of us. Mindless mess. Don’t be that guy lol, I went for piss break next song. Didn’t see him after that, he probably passed out or the cops got him.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Drunks that want to fight - Learn how to drink in public moron. Drunks that pass out and have to get medical attention. Seriously? Why are you there? 
    People that have no regard for your personal space and just walk wherever - on your poster, running into you etc.
    People that attempt to film the entire show in a section full of noise. Um- that bootleg's gonna suck shit - you should stop. 
    WOO!!! girls Every now and then I get it - it's not annoying, but after every song? Come on!
    People that yell out song titles they want to hear or "I LOVE YOU..." in between songs and/or when someone onstage is talking. 
    People that try to bum your weed. Buy your own mooch. The one joint I bring in ain't getting all 6 of you & your posse stoned.
    If it's one or 2 of you, you're in luck  -if you partake. I don't mind sharing in small numbers. Sometimes they also share - :)
    People that get overzealous with what other people are doing and think they're part of Security. Ran into an acquaintance at a show last year and he tried to police the only walkway between the floor and stairs the ENTIRE show. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Drunks that want to fight - Learn how to drink in public moron. Drunks that pass out and have to get medical attention. Seriously? Why are you there? 
    People that have no regard for your personal space and just walk wherever - on your poster, running into you etc.
    People that attempt to film the entire show in a section full of noise. Um- that bootleg's gonna suck shit - you should stop. 
    WOO!!! girls Every now and then I get it - it's not annoying, but after every song? Come on!
    People that yell out song titles they want to hear or "I LOVE YOU..." in between songs and/or when someone onstage is talking. 
    People that try to bum your weed. Buy your own mooch. The one joint I bring in ain't getting all 6 of you & your posse stoned.
    If it's one or 2 of you, you're in luck  -if you partake. I don't mind sharing in small numbers. Sometimes they also share - :)
    People that get overzealous with what other people are doing and think they're part of Security. Ran into an acquaintance at a show last year and he tried to police the only walkway between the floor and stairs the ENTIRE show. 
    :clap:
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    That’s why I eat an edible right before I go in and bring my vape. Share with my crew but no one knows it’s a weed vape and thinks it’s a tobacco one. Legal weed is one thing California has going for it. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    people who care what other people are doing
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    I can't remember if it was the Columbus show or Lexington show that I was at...we were hanging out near the back of GA and some guy came through the crowd walking right toward me.  He passed out like 3 feet in front of me and hit me dead on really hard.  His head and shoulders came down on my shouldeer/chest and just about knocked me over. My first reaction was defensive but he was out cold.  Security got him up and marched him out but goddamn that dude was trashed.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Fred Durst 
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I can't remember if it was the Columbus show or Lexington show that I was at...we were hanging out near the back of GA and some guy came through the crowd walking right toward me.  He passed out like 3 feet in front of me and hit me dead on really hard.  His head and shoulders came down on my shouldeer/chest and just about knocked me over. My first reaction was defensive but he was out cold.  Security got him up and marched him out but goddamn that dude was trashed.
    Damn, that sounds awful. Saw a dude zip tied and being carried out face down by 4 Security Guards at Metallica in Raleigh last year. There's a venue in VA I now avoid due to having dealt with some aggressive crowds at a few shows there. I've also heard some pretty funny shit on some DMB, PJ & RHCP bootlegs. One of my favorite moments from LA 1 2013 is when Ed blasted the chick for shooting bows in the pit (after Corduroy I think): 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbK_Pqj_lEU&t=189s

"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    dont love, at SOME shows, the lack of energy from the crowd. I get not "moshing" or jumping around like a fucking lunatic, but have some movement or energy to your presence. Really can drop the show feel overall... :o