Options

Worst Thing At A Concert

What is the biggest thing at a show that just drives you crazy? 

Nothing drives me more crazy then when people yell out their song requests between songs. Nobody cares what song you want to hear and no one wants to hear you yell it all night long. Shut  the fuck up and enjoy the show. 

Funny thing. I was at Ozzfest in 1998 and this wasted dude with no shirt on kept yelling Sevendust the whole show. No matter what band was playing he thought it was Sevendust. It was hilarious. He would yell, “Fuck yea, Sevendust!” And start rocking out every song. Wasted people are horrible too but this one was funny. 
Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,420
    people talking during a show

people who feel the need to try and start a conversation with the band

people yelling out requests
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    people talking during a show

people who feel the need to try and start a conversation with the band

people yelling out requests
    Yes, yes, and yes. I'll add:

People who shove their way up front

People in the pit who throw leg kicks, swing their arms, or smash into a side where clearly no one is looking 
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    edited December 2019
    Tall people in front

Talking during songs

Pot smokers

Tobacco smokers

Shirt off saggy tit guys, even worse with nipple rings

Beard braids

Cup of chaw spit left on the ground

Pukers, especially in indoor seated venues,  yeah Boston  Puke. IM TALKING ABOUT YOU

The damn exit time from parking lots, especually Alpine Valley, maybe the worst venue to leave ever 

Merch lines that are both long and sell out 2 people before you get your  turn, see any pearl jam show 

That flipper SOB niners fan

Auidiece snobs like me telling you how to enjoy  a  show

Drink spills that seap down into your row and having sticky feet all night

Jumbotrons,  lets be real we look at the damn screen more than the real person

Ticketmaster. LONG LIVE ETM!

Oh yeah. Headline acts getting pissed at you for not liking the shitty openeing band
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    At PJ in San Francisco in 06 at the Bill Graham, dudes kept passing full piss bottles forward or you would find them knocked over all over the floor. Nasty bastards. 🤮
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Filming the whole show on smartphones.
    When I saw Soundgarden this guy blocked my view of Chris Cornell because his arm was up holding his phone.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Drunk people in the pit.
    At Pearl Jam's Adelaide concert in 2009 this guy spoiled In My Tree for me and others because he kept aggressively backing into people and pushing. It took me and a few others to help security pull him out to get rid of him.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Crowd surfers suck bad. Trying to watch the show and having to stand sideways because people will fall on your head if your not paying attention. 

Smart phones period. Keep them in your pocket. Unless your the cool dude in the balcony getting great footage of the show for YouTube. On the floor or in a standing location keep the god damn phone in your pocket. 

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    People invading your space when they don't belong in the section.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Those that yell sing the lyrics to every song. I get you are enthusiastic, but maybe give your pipes a break on the slow ones at least? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    Bad B.O. in the GA.  Wow there are some ripe PJ fans. Deodorant works folks. 
    Of course, it can really suck if you are close to someone who smells like they shit themselves... the struggle is real, especially for the ladies 5’5” and shorter in GA who are a little closer to your stench. 
  • Options
    The anxious thinking about how to get home afterwards and if you will be able to catch a bus/tram/subway before they stop going for the night.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Gas. Happens all the time and add to it I'm short. Y'all that's the air I get-- green fog.  :sick:

Puking. In my case, I got the Wrigley 1 2016 field puker. There was a breeze.  It came at me. It was gross. 

I hate to say that if you are tall you should stand in the back. That is kind of unfair, but when you decide to stand in front of someone 5' tall and you are clearly a foot and a half taller, that sucks. 

The phone, the fact no one turns the brightness down and it wants to burn a hole into my retina. Facebook will survive without you constantly checking. I'm not on it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be okay. 

Beer fucking runs. When you are in the seats and you run back and forth 12x for beer, everyone in your row hates you.

I find that at outdoor shows, guys feel the need to put their hands on my shoulders, call me sweetie and physically move me so they can get through. I stand in crowd, not walkways. Perhaps use the walkway. 

Do not play with my hair. That would be Cincy 2014. 3+ hours. Not cool. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    Poncier said:
    People invading your space when they don't belong in the section.
    Oh god yes this. People squeezing their friends in. Or even worse, some usher trying to be a big shot and jam family members in.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    deadendp said:

I hate to say that if you are tall you should stand in the back. That is kind of unfair, but when you decide to stand in front of someone 5' tall and you are clearly a foot and a half taller, that sucks.
    6 foot 2 and up front twice during Pearl Jam concerts.
    I'm guilty as charged.

Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Options
    deadendp said:

6 foot 2 and up front twice during Pearl Jam concerts.
    I'm guilty as charged.

That's certainly fine, but my point was when you see someone short and shove your way in front of them-- you deserve to have your shorts infested with fire ants. 

Tall people shouldn't be stuck to the back just because they are tall. Short folks shouldn't just always expect to be up front. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    That's fair. I always look behind me to make sure I'm not blocking someone's view and move a bit to the side to clear the person behind me's line of sight if I'm totally blocking it.
  • Options
    I hate when people sit on someone's shoulders to get a clear view. That is totally inconsiderate.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Sorry.
    It was just so soft and luxurious it was irresistible.
    You clearly condition.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    deadendp said:

Sorry.
    It was just so soft and luxurious it was irresistible.
    You clearly condition.
    Thank you. :lol: 
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Lecter on the carrusel in Hannibal

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited December 2019
    When I saw Soundgarden this guy blocked my view of Chris Cornell because his arm was up holding his phone.
    This, I really appreciated that Tool and Jack White has the whole no cell phone policy. Its too bad that people abuse filming and taking pictures, or don't know how to discreetly film with their phones so they don't block peoples view. And a lot of people just don't care about the people behind them. 
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited December 2019
    Everything already mentioned (except the tall people thing - tall people can't do anything about that, it's not like they should be segregated and forced to or expected to stand at the back - that's that's absolutely ridiculous).
    Shouting requests, B.O., talking incessantly, holding phones up in the air to film constantly, shoving up to the front, spilling drinks.... all awful. And drunk puking is beyond - anyone that drunk at a concert should be removed from the building.  And has anyone mentioned all the sexual assault that happens in GA yet?? All the groping that men do? Obviously that is worst by far.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I know tall people cannot control their height but when you are standing waiting for the band to come on and two very tall people inch there way in front of you I want to scream.

Cell Phones , don't care about a quick picture or quick video otherwise put it away.

Shouting our request or I LOVE YOU.

Seriously I think it is the Charlottesville 2013 Boot , there is this girl you can hear a bunch of times just scream I FUCKING LOVE YOU.

Oh my god.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    A lot of annoying things can happen at concerts, but by far, having a puker by you is the worst. Period. I mean, is it your first time drinking? Know your limits. Maybe I’m more sensitive to this because they all seem to flock near me. Yeah, I’m looking at you Fenway 2, ‘18 girl on the first base line, slouched over in your seat, puking down by your feet repeatedly. You know who you are. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    A lot of annoying things can happen at concerts, but by far, having a puker by you is the worst. Period. I mean, is it your first time drinking? Know your limits. Maybe I’m more sensitive to this because they all seem to flock near me. Yeah, I’m looking at you Fenway 2, ‘18 girl on the first base line, slouched over in your seat, puking down by your feet repeatedly. You know who you are. 
    Should have added this , you are right seriously first time drinking , also I understand having a few drinks or a few eatables (sp) to enjoy but beyond that I always wonder why you would get so messed up that you will not even remember the show the next day. Way to spend your money.  
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:
    Tall people in front

Talking during songs

Pot smokers

Tobacco smokers

Shirt off saggy tit guys, even worse with nipple rings

Beard braids

Cup of chaw spit left on the ground

Pukers, especially in indoor seated venues,  yeah Boston  Puke. IM TALKING ABOUT YOU

The damn exit time from parking lots, especually Alpine Valley, maybe the worst venue to leave ever 

Merch lines that are both long and sell out 2 people before you get your  turn, see any pearl jam show 

That flipper SOB niners fan

Auidiece snobs like me telling you how to enjoy  a  show

Drink spills that seap down into your row and having sticky feet all night

Jumbotrons,  lets be real we look at the damn screen more than the real person

Ticketmaster. LONG LIVE ETM!

Oh yeah. Headline acts getting pissed at you for not liking the shitty openeing band
    I cut my braided beard off so I can join the cool lcub again?
  • Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 401
    How about the moron in your seat when you get there? Is it really that hard to read your ticket? Had this happen several times
  • Options
    GB281198 said:
    How about the moron in your seat when you get there? Is it really that hard to read your ticket? Had this happen several times
    Even better when he refuses to move even after you show him your ticket and that its your seat.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    There's nothing worse at a concert then a gremmie out of control
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    This, I really appreciated that Tool and Jack White has the whole no cell phone policy. Its too bad that people abuse filming and taking pictures, or don't know how to discreetly film with their phones so they don't block peoples view. And a lot of people just don't care about the people behind them. 
    Yeah, this guy was asked by people to put his arm down and he pretty much told everyone to fuck off.
    He was a big guy too so I didn't want to mess with him.