Options

Worst Thing At A Concert

Comments

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    20-ish years ago at Ozzfest, I see this girl come body surfing past me, guys grabbing anything they could. I felt so bad for her, that is, until I saw her come by again 5 minutes later.

Not saying they're all like that, but obviously some don't mind. That doesn't make it right, just saying that I've seen it both ways.
  • Options
    20-ish years ago at Ozzfest, I see this girl come body surfing past me, guys grabbing anything they could. I felt so bad for her, that is, until I saw her come by again 5 minutes later.

Not saying they're all like that, but obviously some don't mind. That doesn't make it right, just saying that I've seen it both ways.
    Galpal of mine saw the Chilli Peppers back in HS.  She was a freshman at the time and got to crowd surf.  I asked if guys "grabber her?"

She looked at me and said "you have no idea.  They grabbed at everything!"

Why you would need to cop a cheap feel is beyond me...scumbags.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Poncier said:
    JT167846 said:
    I was at a Soundgarden gig in Berlin and just as the intro to Searching came on I heard this group of English guys basically reach a consensus and say "Just do it" and before I copped on all 12 of them just went hell for leather towards the front smashing everyone out of the way. This was when it was lashing rain too. Was so pissed I shoved the last guy so hard I almost fell over. Funnily though the guy turned around after stumbling looking to smash someone but saw me off balance and didn't think it was me. But moral of the story those guys are twats.

Same thing happened at PJ Randall's Island show. About 6 ignos locked arms and charged to the front, knocking people over as we were standing on wet tarp.
    Wtf is wrong with people?!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yup, wife and I up against the stage at the Palace (old Flames Central) a few years back for Bad Religion.  This drunk piece of shit was annoying the piss out of me trying to squeeze in. I turned around and pushed the fluffy marshmallow and he fell back 15ft and on his ass. Problem solved, he must have went to bother someone else. I was honestly surprised how easy he went down. Anyways, after the show my wife tells me he was groping her. She thought it was just to get her spot, I thought otherwise and the rage inside me is hard to describe. Had I saw what he was doing I would have been on top of him after I tossed him just raining blows.  What a complete asshole, creep, etc. etc. 

Men, be better... just BE BETTER. That is all. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    deadendp said:
    Gas. Happens all the time and add to it I'm short. Y'all that's the air I get-- green fog.  :sick:

Puking. In my case, I got the Wrigley 1 2016 field puker. There was a breeze.  It came at me. It was gross. 

I hate to say that if you are tall you should stand in the back. That is kind of unfair, but when you decide to stand in front of someone 5' tall and you are clearly a foot and a half taller, that sucks. 

The phone, the fact no one turns the brightness down and it wants to burn a hole into my retina. Facebook will survive without you constantly checking. I'm not on it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be okay. 

Beer fucking runs. When you are in the seats and you run back and forth 12x for beer, everyone in your row hates you.

I find that at outdoor shows, guys feel the need to put their hands on my shoulders, call me sweetie and physically move me so they can get through. I stand in crowd, not walkways. Perhaps use the walkway. 

Do not play with my hair. That would be Cincy 2014. 3+ hours. Not cool. 
    I need to hang out with you at shows.  We're both short & hate the same things.  The beer run thing.  I don't recall which show it was, might've not even been Pearl Jam, but this group of like 6-8 fucking people were just doing beer run after beer run after beer run the entire show. As soon as their cup was empty, out the aisle they would go.  Like, can't you double fist to reduce the number of trips, or maybe just send one or two ppl to get beer for everyone instead of the whole damn flock.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:
    Gas. Happens all the time and add to it I'm short. Y'all that's the air I get-- green fog.  :sick:

Puking. In my case, I got the Wrigley 1 2016 field puker. There was a breeze.  It came at me. It was gross. 

I hate to say that if you are tall you should stand in the back. That is kind of unfair, but when you decide to stand in front of someone 5' tall and you are clearly a foot and a half taller, that sucks. 

The phone, the fact no one turns the brightness down and it wants to burn a hole into my retina. Facebook will survive without you constantly checking. I'm not on it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be okay. 

Beer fucking runs. When you are in the seats and you run back and forth 12x for beer, everyone in your row hates you.

I find that at outdoor shows, guys feel the need to put their hands on my shoulders, call me sweetie and physically move me so they can get through. I stand in crowd, not walkways. Perhaps use the walkway. 

Do not play with my hair. That would be Cincy 2014. 3+ hours. Not cool. 
    I need to hang out with you at shows.  We're both short & hate the same things.  The beer run thing.  I don't recall which show it was, might've not even been Pearl Jam, but this group of like 6-8 fucking people were just doing beer run after beer run after beer run the entire show. As soon as their cup was empty, out the aisle they would go.  Like, can't you double fist to reduce the number of trips, or maybe just send one or two ppl to get beer for everyone instead of the whole damn flock.
    You have people play with your hair and call you Sweetie, too? :wink:

I'd be happy to hang out with you at a show! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    Poncier said:
    JT167846 said:
    I was at a Soundgarden gig in Berlin and just as the intro to Searching came on I heard this group of English guys basically reach a consensus and say "Just do it" and before I copped on all 12 of them just went hell for leather towards the front smashing everyone out of the way. This was when it was lashing rain too. Was so pissed I shoved the last guy so hard I almost fell over. Funnily though the guy turned around after stumbling looking to smash someone but saw me off balance and didn't think it was me. But moral of the story those guys are twats.

Same thing happened at PJ Randall's Island show. About 6 ignos locked arms and charged to the front, knocking people over as we were standing on wet tarp.
    Yeah that was not cool at all but man what a show/shows
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    One of thee worst things at a concert, back in late 78 or 79 Grateful Dead show up in CT siting there waiting for over two hrs , Weir finally came out on stage to let us know they were canceling the show due to Jerry being sick more likely he was too high to come out to play ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    Poncier said:
    JT167846 said:

Yeah that was not cool at all but man what a show/shows
    Yeah, ignos and brutal traffic aside a great night.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I threw a guy not once but twice for hanging on my GF trying to get his spot.  I wanted to kill him but my GF made me calm down.

I still get pissed thinking about that one.

Drunk white male in his 40's.

Like someone else said above.

JUST BE BETTER!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    filming the show
    talking the entire time. 

i had both happen to me at cornell solo. dude IN THE FRONT FUCKING ROW was recording the entire thing. i was in row 2. after song 5 i told him to put it away. he had the gall to ask me why. couldn't believe security guard right in front of him did nothing. 

the talking was my buddy I went with. luckily asshole with the phone shushed him before I had to. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Galpal of mine saw the Chilli Peppers back in HS.  She was a freshman at the time and got to crowd surf.  I asked if guys "grabber her?"

She looked at me and said "you have no idea.  They grabbed at everything!"

Why you would need to cop a cheap feel is beyond me...scumbags.
    this is why iggy azalea doesn't crowd surf at her own shows anymore. she says she's actually been fucking penetrated while doing so, and even when not, her underwear and shorts torn off, groped up and down. so fucking gross. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    filming the show
    talking the entire time. 

i had both happen to me at cornell solo. dude IN THE FRONT FUCKING ROW was recording the entire thing. i was in row 2. after song 5 i told him to put it away. he had the gall to ask me why. couldn't believe security guard right in front of him did nothing. 

the talking was my buddy I went with. luckily asshole with the phone shushed him before I had to. LOL
    When we saw CC at Lakewood Covic Auditorium, ushers circulated asking people to put their phones away. It was really nice. After about 45 minutes, the whole place was dark and it was a beautiful evening. I'm sorry you didn't have that. Same thing happened when we saw Natalie Merchant. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I hate when people taller than me stand in front of me.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    filming the show
    talking the entire time. 

When we saw CC at Lakewood Covic Auditorium, ushers circulated asking people to put their phones away. It was really nice. After about 45 minutes, the whole place was dark and it was a beautiful evening. I'm sorry you didn't have that. Same thing happened when we saw Natalie Merchant. 
    he stopped after I told him to, so it was all good. it's just unfortunate you have to tell grown adults to stop being a self centred 5 year old. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my wife gets this all the time. she's 5'. so when we go to shows together, we don't get floor seats. she knows it's not the tall person's fault. they shouldn't be relegated to the back because of genetics. she's the one bothered by something uncontrollable by anyone, so she moves. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634
    1. The corrupt GA list
    2. Merch lines used for fanatic propaganda when all sales could be done online
    3. Arms Aloft
    4. Marijuana-hating security guards
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:
    1. The corrupt GA list
    3. Arms Aloft
    LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my wife gets this all the time. she's 5'. so when we go to shows together, we don't get floor seats. she knows it's not the tall person's fault. they shouldn't be relegated to the back because of genetics. she's the one bothered by something uncontrollable by anyone, so she moves. 
    I'm tall and am complaining haha
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,835
    People holding up cell phones recording the show.  
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    All I ask / hope for, concert-wise or otherwise - is an asshole-free environment.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    People who wear fucking large hats at a show, lol. I was stuck behind a dude wearing a big ass wide brim fedora at a U2 concert once - unnecessarily blocked my view the whole night.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 823
    ed243421 said:
    1. The corrupt GA list
    3. Arms Aloft
    LOL
    That coupled with a Dirty Frank tease and there you have the last gig PJ played.

I'm 5'11 so lucky enough to be tall enough to see everything but not tall enough to offend other people haha. My little brother is 6'6 though so on the few gigs I've seen with him I've been an arsehole by association LOL (not that he went out of his way to block people). If I get a beanpole I try to go right up against their shoulder and look over it. Two tallies next to each other sucks though.

Overzealous reinforcing of no photo policies fucks me off too. Can you have a dollar each way on that?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    I break the rules a lot so I tend to have an issue with almost all security "cops"
    They ruin the fun most of the time, but I do win sometimes, and it feels great!
    Long Live Rock
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I hate when people piss on the floor in GA.  Go to the fucking bathroom.  I had a friend take a dump in the back of GA at a pj show in the 90’s and then launched it into the crowd- he shit on a paper plate from whatever he had eaten.  I fucking lost it and was trying to get security over but he took off before they came over.  Scumbag still denies it to this day
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I was at the short lived Mile High Music Festival and it was hot as fuck. We were on the platform out in the middle next to the soundboard. This voluptuous young lady was sitting in the grass. We were watching her because we could tell something was about to happen. And here it came...she grabbed what could have been a 32oz plastic cup. The first surge filled about a third of the cup, then came the next surge and another. By that fourth one the cup had given up all hope of containing her contribution. At this point she was losing the battle of covering her mouth to try and hold it in. The cup was overflowing into her lap. She was trying to wipe herself but all she really was doing was smearing it all over her crotch. Her friends helped her out but I cant imagine sitting through the rest of the night smelling like that. It was awful!! I might even have some pics of her. Ha! Now I gotta look for them...
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,208
    People who try to sneak into seats that aren’t theirs, sit it your assigned seat.  
  • Options
    I hate when people piss on the floor in GA.  Go to the fucking bathroom.  I had a friend take a dump in the back of GA at a pj show in the 90’s and then launched it into the crowd- he shit on a paper plate from whatever he had eaten.  I fucking lost it and was trying to get security over but he took off before they came over.  Scumbag still denies it to this day
    That is seriously fucked up.
  • Options
    I was at the short lived Mile High Music Festival and it was hot as fuck. We were on the platform out in the middle next to the soundboard. This voluptuous young lady was sitting in the grass. We were watching her because we could tell something was about to happen. And here it came...she grabbed what could have been a 32oz plastic cup. The first surge filled about a third of the cup, then came the next surge and another. By that fourth one the cup had given up all hope of containing her contribution. At this point she was losing the battle of covering her mouth to try and hold it in. The cup was overflowing into her lap. She was trying to wipe herself but all she really was doing was smearing it all over her crotch. Her friends helped her out but I cant imagine sitting through the rest of the night smelling like that. It was awful!! I might even have some pics of her. Ha! Now I gotta look for them...
    Wtf is wrong with people
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    Line cutters stink.
    I called them out but noone else said anything and they just stood there all quiet.
    They were behind me so I just shut up after my rant.