Options

Worst Thing At A Concert

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    I hate when people whistle in a really loud high pitch directly in your ear.   
    Ed vedder solo is the absolutely worst. I loathe All the assholes who shout shit out in between songs.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Loujoe said:
    Line cutters stink.
    I called them out but noone else said anything and they just stood there all quiet.
    They were behind me so I just shut up after my rant.

There was a couple who was doing that at Lexington 2016. I took all of my 5 feet and body blocked them. Pissed me off. 

I didn't understand how I can only bring a purse in the size of my hand, but again at Lexington was the guy who brought in a 6'+ tall hiking stick. Perhaps he needed it for mobility (didn't see him use it for that, but not all disabilities are visible) but all we could think was that he could twirl that thing around and take out a bunch of us. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ed vedder solo is the absolutely worst. I loathe All the assholes who shout shit out in between songs.  
    Exactly. And also when someone screams as high and loud as they can in your ear, takes a breath and starts the scream even louder the second and third times... continuing throughout the show.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,981
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly. And also when someone screams as high and loud as they can in your ear, takes a breath and starts the scream even louder the second and third times... continuing throughout the show.
    That's the main reason I wear earplugs at pretty much every show. They really help with the obnoxious crowd noises.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    dudeman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That's the main reason I wear earplugs at pretty much every show. They really help with the obnoxious crowd noises.
    Do you feel the earplugs take away from the show?  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Though I realize the question wasn't addressed to me, but I wear Downbeats.  They do not take away from the shows at all.  They filter out the really high highs and the very low lows.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Not at all. I use Hearos that are designed for musicians. They have a flat frequency response. Everything sounds the same, just quieter. No muffled details or booming bass like some other earplugs.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443
    dudeman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Not at all. I use Hearos that are designed for musicians. They have a flat frequency response. Everything sounds the same, just quieter. No muffled details or booming bass like some other earplugs.
    Yeah, the Whistler is annoying.

What kind of Hearos are designed for Musicians?( I see they have a large selection but not sure what's used for musicians)
  • Options
    Some of them are typical, foam plugs but in a package that says Hearos on it.

The musicians plugs have a clear plastic stem and a rubber tip that goes in your ear canal. There is a hole that runs all the way through the plug. 

I don't have a picture of them but they sell them at Guitar Center. 
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited December 2019
    When some one screams Yee Haw! In my ear.  A hundred times.
    Oh yeah ear plugs are a must for most shows.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    When some one screams Yee Haw! In my ear.  A hundred times.
    Oh yeah ear plugs are a must for most shows.
    Not sure what was worse, the adults yelling "EDDIE" or the 9 year old who came running by me in GA yelling it at the end of a show?

Oh yeah that little brat got a tambo and didn't put in the rail time, so, my vote is him...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Short people. I always feel like I'm accidentally going to step on them.

JOKING!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I can recommend eargasm earplugs.  If you have tiny ears like I do they give you two sets also so you can downsize if you need to.  They’re kinda expensive but I wear them all the time and they’re phenomenal 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Drunk people singing badly into your ear and not knowing the words.
    People pushing past and spilling their cheap beer on you.
    The fact my face seems to say “Please come and talk to me and tell me all the useless facts about the band we are watching. It’s okay, I wasn’t really here to listen to the music anyway”
    When the lead singer is stroppy, yes Billy Corgan, I’m talking about you!
    When people around are jumping around you in the crowd and don’t take any notice of where they are landing and they land on your foot. (Faith No More, Soundwave Adelaide) 🙄 

“ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Loulou said:
    The fact my face seems to say “Please come and talk to me and tell me all the useless facts about the band we are watching. It’s okay, I wasn’t really here to listen to the music anyway”
    When people around are jumping around you in the crowd and don’t take any notice of where they are landing and they land on your foot. (Faith No More, Soundwave Adelaide) 🙄 

I admit that I had to just go Webster on this one. 

Pot. It stinks, y'all. I mean really stinks. Can't you go with edibles for a show? 
  • Options
    Loulou said:

Only one time in my life I was at a concert and a wookie wouldn't leave me alone. I was about ready to punch him but my lovely GF redirected him from my angst...

No I do not want to chat when the music is playing, it's not a bar w background music...
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Ha-ha..."wookie". Haven't heard that in forever! 
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    deadendp said:
    Loulou said:

Pot. It stinks, y'all. I mean really stinks. Can't you go with edibles for a show? 
    Really? I love the smell of it at a concert.
    Which reminds me- I hate overzealous security guards looking to bust anybody for smoking pot.  ;)
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    deadendp said:
    Loulou said:

Really? I love the smell of it at a concert.
    Which reminds me- I hate overzealous security guards looking to bust anybody for smoking pot.  ;)
    I'm not looking for people to be busted, but I do not smoke it and it smells rather disgusting to me. 
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 823
    edited December 2019
    I don't smoke, yet do like the smell of weed (and cigars too). Though since smoke of any kind is bad for you and there may be people with breathing issues all around, I do defo see the argument for enforcing that strongly.Maybe edibles are the way to go? We probably used to self-police stuff like that and all sorts of other things back in the day but the exponentially increased likelihood of someone going off their rocker when you call them out on their shit means that a lot people are understandably too afraid to speak up for fear of getting assaulted.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Loulou said:

edibles are so much more easy for a show. Don't have to worry about getting busted for smoking , you don't annoy anyone with smoking and they last longer. Took 150mg at the last PJ show in Boston one hour before they went on and lasted the whole show.
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:
    deadendp said:
    Loulou said:

edibles are so much more easy for a show. Don't have to worry about getting busted for smoking , you don't annoy anyone with smoking and they last longer. Took 150mg at the last PJ show in Boston one hour before they went on and lasted the whole show.
    I'm no fan of smoking due to the health hazards to me and others thus I would try edibles if I were into marijuana. 
    I've never tried smoking it or eating. Is the high different?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Loulou said:

Only one time in my life I was at a concert and a wookie wouldn't leave me alone. I was about ready to punch him but my lovely GF redirected him from my angst...

No I do not want to chat when the music is playing, it's not a bar w background music...
    Wookie! 😂😂😂 Love it! 
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Matts3221 said:
    deadendp said:
    Loulou said:

I'm no fan of smoking due to the health hazards to me and others thus I would try edibles if I were into marijuana. 
    I've never tried smoking it or eating. Is the high different?

yes it is and if you have not done them start with something small like 10mg , 150 is really cause I have done them a bunch over the years and it is the amount that I like as I can stay in control of everything but just feel really good.

it is fully body and not just your head , again hard to explain and again you want to tread lightly when you start , also can take over an hour to kick in so don't make the mistake of taking more.

I think with legalization it makes it better as you know how much you are taking then someone made cookies and you have no idea the dose.

• Options
    I hope they legalise it here soon. I want to try haha. But probably shouldn't being on medication for my anxiety/depression.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I belted a whole 5L bladder of wine onto my chest when I went to pj at okc a few years ago.  Can’t imagine people at a show not ripped on several substances, but that’s prob cause I grew up seeing dead and phish shows where the spinner tent is usually overflowing 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I hope they legalise it here soon. I want to try haha. But probably shouldn't being on medication for my anxiety/depression.
    I am on Prozac and I still smoke every night. It helps me break down the day and think about how I could have been better. Real self analyzing when you have mild weed paranoia. But be safe and do what is best for you. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    I am on Prozac and I still smoke every night. It helps me break down the day and think about how I could have been better. Real self analyzing when you have mild weed paranoia. But be safe and do what is best for you. 
    Thanks.
    I cannot imagine doing it anytime soon. One day.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Good edibles are awesome for shows.  I cant imagine 150mg.  I think that would take an elephant down.
    A quick puff of good indica in the vaporizer relieves all anxiety from the days work and helps me sleep like a baby.

As long as you dont touch me, talk too loudly, pee or puke on me, do whatever you want to have fun. It is a rock show and I too grew up going to see the dead and other bands where there was always tons of partying. Just dont harsh my mellow LOL.

I will be at MSG and that is about it.  Maybe SF area if one is scheduled. Lottery or stub hub. Either way.