Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Dimi! Always appreciate your info!
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,949
    and a couple more details..
    europe 2009 tour was announced on saturday  and not only that..they put the ticket on sale up with the announcement..and i went buy the 4 shows tickets of it(london sb show was announce later).
    and was so easy,...cos if u remember back then,,when ticket went on sale here was a clusterfuck and site crash.during sales .but that one was bam,,.i actulally was in facebook mesenger for an hour with friend talking which shows to go,and if want to choose seated or ga,who has low 10c number..cos noone knew was up for sale,..,was funny..
    what is shitty in business is how opening bands treated from promoters...it sucks seriously...
    and a third thing cos i mention it in the comment before..
    lets do a poll,..how much money u guys think goes to the band from a show shirt when they sell a 35 $ shirt at teh venue..?
    its crazy whats going on...its pure business and all parties of a show wants to drink blood..in the name of the band is playing.
    My guess is less than $8
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    2016 Blue States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Colorado

New Mexico

Minnesota

Illinois

Virginia

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New Jersey

Delaware

Maryland

Washington, DC

in this list..way is posted..Odd Number u looking for kick off ...

2016 Blue States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Colorado

New Mexico

Minnesota

Illinois

Virginia

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New Jersey

Delaware

Maryland

Washington, DC

Also, we are kicking off in either WA, CA, CO, MN, VA, VT, ME, RI, NJ, or MD. 
    St. Louis confirmed
    Another drivable city for me. Looks like my car is racking up some mileage this year. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    europe 2009 tour was announced on saturday  and not only that..they put the ticket on sale up with the announcement..and i went buy the 4 shows tickets of it(london sb show was announce later).
    and was so easy,...cos if u remember back then,,when ticket went on sale here was a clusterfuck and site crash.during sales .but that one was bam,,.i actulally was in facebook mesenger for an hour with friend talking which shows to go,and if want to choose seated or ga,who has low 10c number..cos noone knew was up for sale,..,was funny..
    what is shitty in business is how opening bands treated from promoters...it sucks seriously...
    lets do a poll,..how much money u guys think goes to the band from a show shirt when they sell a 35 $ shirt at teh venue..?
    its crazy whats going on...its pure business and all parties of a show wants to drink blood..in the name of the band is playing.
    not as much as i would figure.  10 bucks?
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    edited December 2019
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    2016 Blue States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Colorado

New Mexico

Minnesota

Illinois

Virginia

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New Jersey

Delaware

Maryland

Washington, DC

2016 Blue States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Colorado

New Mexico

Minnesota

Illinois

Virginia

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New Jersey

Delaware

Maryland

Washington, DC

St. Louis confirmed
    Another drivable city for me. Looks like my car is racking up some mileage this year. 
    In 2014 we tried to fly there from Boston. Connection in Chicago got cancelled, so we rented a car and drove the rest of the way. Was so worth it to hear Footsteps live for the first time...but that was a loooong day.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    2016 Blue States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Colorado

New Mexico

Minnesota

Illinois

Virginia

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New Jersey

Delaware

Maryland

Washington, DC

2016 Blue States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Colorado

New Mexico

Minnesota

Illinois

Virginia

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New Jersey

Delaware

Maryland

Washington, DC

St. Louis confirmed
    St Louis confirmed with Nashville. only 5 hours apart 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    My guess is less than $8
    i think the number must be 5-8 dollars  tops
    cos,,a shirt lets say needs 3-4 dollars to be made,,now add the profit of the merch company..maybe need to pay the artist who made the shirt, seperetaly ..the workers need to be paid the day of the show..and  then there is the cut of the promoter,the cut of the venue allows u to sell those in their venue,of to all that,,add the taxes.
    so the band who their name is on the shirt...they playing the show  get less than 20% of the shirt..

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,653
    edited December 2019
    How much do the make on a shirt?  I'm gonna say...

Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 944
    edited December 2019
    Most venues take 60 % of merch sales. And thats industry standard. 

• Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    Thanks Dimi, St. Louis to Nashville or vice versa would be logical and two new cities for me.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    JimmyV said:
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    2016 Blue States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Colorado

New Mexico

Minnesota

Illinois

Virginia

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New Jersey

Delaware

Maryland

Washington, DC

2016 Blue States:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Colorado

New Mexico

Minnesota

Illinois

Virginia

New York

Vermont

New Hampshire

Maine

Massachusetts

Rhode Island

Connecticut

New Jersey

Delaware

Maryland

Washington, DC

St. Louis confirmed
    In 2014 we tried to fly there from Boston. Connection in Chicago got cancelled, so we rented a car and drove the rest of the way. Was so worth it to hear Footsteps live for the first time...but that was a loooong day.
    The drive does suck! But I’m guessing maybe they play there and Nashville in a short span of one another, so that would break up some of the drive if the stars align. We shall see. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,949
    So we have Toronto. Hamilton, Nashville, St Louis, any others?
  • Options
    TM307021TM307021 Raleigh, NC Posts: 42

dang if that's true then it makes sense (especially due to demand) for PJ to set up booths outside of the venue.

Raleigh - 2003

MSG NYC 1&2 - 2016

Fenway 2 - 2016

Seattle 2 - 2018

Missoula - 2018

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    My guess is less than $8
    cos,,a shirt lets say needs 3-4 dollars to be made,,now add the profit of the merch company..maybe need to pay the artist who made the shirt, seperetaly ..the workers need to be paid the day of the show..and  then there is the cut of the promoter,the cut of the venue allows u to sell those in their venue,of to all that,,add the taxes.
    so the band who their name is on the shirt...they playing the show  get less than 20% of the shirt..

isn't PJ different though? no record company to share profits with and sell merchandise outside venue themselves. I imagine the outside sales still require some $$ going to venue and promoters but I'd imagine PJ gets more of the merchandise than most.
  • Options
    Dimi, any chance the home of the 2013 Men's college basketball National Champions (before they had to vacate it) getting a show? Maybe between St. Louis and Nashville?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    We know the tour starts and ends in blue states, but we are yet to learn any specific blue state shows. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

i think one of the reasons pj got that company to deal with their merch..msurt is cos they venues fucked them over in merch slaes in the past.

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    My guess is less than $8

That's why I can't understand why they don't sell more concert merch on their website.   They could cut out several middle men.
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options

That is most definitely not correct. 30% tops and that is if you shit the bed negotiating. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,403
     even how much % this days are the cuts of all parties in a 20 dollar shirt
    20 dollar shirt...holy time warp to 1989 Batman!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    My guess is less than $8

That's why I can't understand why they don't sell more concert merch on their website.   They could cut out several middle men.
     i hear ya,,but i dont know the deals been made.but as all shows merch pj sold in their website only left overs from shows..i dont remember in the past to print more shirts after the tour and sell online,,maybe is how the contracts been made?
    i dont know,
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    My guess is less than $8

isn't PJ different though? no record company to share profits with and sell merchandise outside venue themselves. I imagine the outside sales still require some $$ going to venue and promoters but I'd imagine PJ gets more of the merchandise than most.
     im sure u need lisence and pay for rent the place your truck will sell the shirts..probably is ion the parking lot of the venue.,.im sure the venue will not let u do it for free
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,412
    D-Rod said:
    My guess is less than $8

PJ doesn't tour that much.  So every few years for a short period of time they'd need a massive influx of staff to handle those orders.  It's probably easier to farm it out then hire a bunch of temp workers and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Dimi, any chance the home of the 2013 Men's college basketball National Champions (before they had to vacate it) getting a show? Maybe between St. Louis and Nashville?
     is that the one has Rick pitino as coach u talking about?
  • Options
     is that the one has Rick pitino as coach u talking about?
    That had him, yes, before he ended up in Greece!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,490
    Thoughts and prayers to the guy who logs in 3 hours from now, sees 80 new posts in this thread, gets excited, then gets a lesson in tshirt economics.

Unless that guy is in St. Louis, in which case he's stoked.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    20%! Thats a better margin than a lot of the items at my restaurants!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    We know the tour starts and ends in blue states, but we are yet to learn any specific blue state shows. 
    Ottawa/Quebec City. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    pjl44 said:
    Thoughts and prayers to the guy who logs in 3 hours from now, sees 80 new posts in this thread, gets excited, then gets a lesson in tshirt economics.

Unless that guy is in St. Louis, in which case he's stoked.
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    Ottawa/Quebec City. 
    Tulsa/Europa.