Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,949
    JimmyV said:
    Also, I got engaged over the weekend and we really can't set a wedding date until I know my 2020 Pearl Jam schedule.  =)
    Nice! Cheers!  
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    NWOntario said:
    The person from reddit said that the Toronto show was at burls creek which is basically a giant field. The Rolling Stones just played there. I’m not sure on the specifics but I don’t believe it to be accurate 
    For the love of God PLEASE not Burl's Creek...
    Maybe they are thinking that it is Molson Park where they played in '98?
    Molson Park closed in 200...3, I think, so if the rumour is "Southern Ontario" and "field" it's almost certainly Burl's Creek.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 431
    JimmyV said:
    Also, I got engaged over the weekend and we really can't set a wedding date until I know my 2020 Pearl Jam schedule.  =)

If you f'n request Just Breathe at the next Boston show you need to turn in your fan club card. 

Congratulations!

Holy shit! I swear I just finished listening to that song from boston night 1, 2018 as I read this comment! Pretty weird. 

Congrats Jimmy!
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 217
    JimmyV said:
    Congrats! 

PJ honeymoon perhaps?  It would go well with the new Moon designs. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    Guys. There will not be an announcement today. I love the optimism. Just ain’t happening. Wait till January. Enjoy the hints and the ride of it all. Why is everyone so impatient. With the Europe tour people made it fun. This is just exhausting. 
    "All this speculation is exhausting, so allow me to speculate for a moment..."
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    NWOntario said:
    NWOntario said:
    The person from reddit said that the Toronto show was at burls creek which is basically a giant field. The Rolling Stones just played there. I’m not sure on the specifics but I don’t believe it to be accurate 
    For the love of God PLEASE not Burl's Creek...
    Maybe they are thinking that it is Molson Park where they played in '98?
    Molson Park closed in 200...3, I think, so if the rumour is "Southern Ontario" and "field" it's almost certainly Burl's Creek.
    That would be a brutal choice for a venue. And for a band that professes to be eco-conscious, playing a venue that would require 100% of the attendees to drive would require a fair amount of cognitive dissonance on their part.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Thanks, all! While she would love Just Breathe, I would be much more likely to request Breath.  ;)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    I'm giving them until 2:30 today.  Otherwise, reconvene in January. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    JimmyV said:
    Thanks, all! While she would love Just Breathe, I would be much more likely to request Breath.  ;)
    Congrats bud!!!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    JimmyV said:
    It'll never work. Dump her.

(kidding of course. congrats!)
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    I'm hearing MSG in March! Getting really excited!
  • Options
    Still hoping for Philly in Spring.  Philly is Extremely Blue - City plus now all 4 suburban counties. Trump stole PA in 2016 in middle plus western part of state.  
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    JimmyV said:

If you f'n request Just Breathe at the next Boston show you need to turn in your fan club card. 

Congratulations!

ROFL!
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    mcgruff10 said:
    Guys. There will not be an announcement today. I love the optimism. Just ain’t happening. Wait till January. Enjoy the hints and the ride of it all. Why is everyone so impatient. With the Europe tour people made it fun. This is just exhausting. 
    People like to plan.  Sorry you aren’t having fun in this thread; maybe head back to the European one.  I m not sure how the two are different.  

Well the Europe tour was announced...
    the difference was people were offering good questions for Dimi to leave us clues. And the last 10 pages have barely been about planning. Instead of playing along and trying to plan like you claim, we just ask a dozen times a day if “today’s the day” . No one is really trying to figure out the clues anymore at all or get new ones.
     In person PJ fans are the nices people I’ve met, On the Internet the rudest and snottiest people. Still love ya tho. It is the Internet tho 🤷‍♂️ Free pass to be rude 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    If the tour ends prior to nba and nhl playoffs those are early april. That means we are looking at february and march shows. If it's like 10 shows in march only that doesnt even constitute a tour. Waiting until January to make an announcement seems un likely
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    I’ll be in Baltimore, Philly and  NYC the first week in March for my family spring break trip. My daughter would hate me, but we’d have to get tickets. 
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,415
    edited December 2019
    JimmyV said:
    Does she like Pearl Jam? If I were to remarry, it'd have to be to a Pearl Jam fan. Being married to someone who is not is becoming very difficult.
    (Crap, didn't I just say "I'm done" less than 30 minutes ago?)
    Edit: I forgot to offer my congratulations to you - especially since it appears that she likes the band!)
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Way too dead in the twitterverse to be announced today. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 407
    Agreed no buzz out there. Maybe tomorrow but I’m thinking January not that I know anything. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,960
    demetrios said:
    News on the tour will certainly be out today. Otherwise there wouldn't have been all that hype and hints the past few days. 1:11pm East Coast time is my guess. The Canadian dollar hasn't been that high all year vs USD. Now's the time to buy some tickets with our cheap currency. 
    No it's not! Still at 75 cents to the 1 USA dollar. :/ Ah the days when our dollar was higher then the USA dollar. Good times! That EV solo tour in California 2008 was the last tour that our dollar was higher then the US. 

January 23, 2013: London, Ontario tickets were bought at 0,9975 USD vs CAD
    Oh wow! I didn't do that show but did 4 Pacific Northwest shows. Our dollar was a little lower but not much. Since Justin took office our dollar hasn't past 80 cents to the US dollar. Totally sucks! 
  • Options
    Any local radio stations stating any concert announcements today???
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Way too dead in the twitterverse to be announced today. 
    Agreed. It’s not today. I think first week of January makes the most sense now. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    link93 said:
    Agreed no buzz out there. Maybe tomorrow but I’m thinking January not that I know anything. 
    Won’t there be buzz after an announcement?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    No buzz= no announcement
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,948
    edited December 2019
    I still think today is still possible. There was mention in 10+ pages ago that an announcement appeared close or imminent (I don't recall the exact verbiage, and you can lump them both into the "forthcoming" category). However, if it is close, I don't think they let the buzz that has already started fade out for three weeks. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,680
    They’re not playing there.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    AltNation = "Pearl Jam tour in doubt due to lack of buzz"

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    link93 said:
    Won’t there be buzz after an announcement?
    It's almost always:
    1. Rumors start to flow regarding certain cities (we have that)
    2. Rock stations in those same cities and others tease a "major concert announcement" all on the same day (nope)
    3. TicketMaster accidentally posts a show or two early and then removes it (nope)

• Options
    need need to go back to trying to get clues from Dimi.  Few pages back mentioned Leafs sucked, which they do,  maybe he could use hockey clues since a lot of arenas will have to go around hockey schedule.   Like if he said best hockey team every.  We would know Pittsburgh is a go.  
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    If the 2020 tour is locked and loaded like someone in the know said (and an annoucement is imminent), then tomorrow probably makes the most sense... right? Especially if there are shows in March.