Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    So we have Toronto. Hamilton, Nashville, St Louis, any others?
    We know the tour starts and ends in blue states, but we are yet to learn any specific blue state shows. 
    Ottawa/Quebec City. 
    Those are happening?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    We know the tour starts and ends in blue states, but we are yet to learn any specific blue state shows. 
    Ottawa/Quebec City. 
    But those are red.... 
  • Options
    RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Please hit Atlanta in 2020.  Please!  
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    pjl44 said:
    Thoughts and prayers to the guy who logs in 3 hours from now, sees 80 new posts in this thread, gets excited, then gets a lesson in tshirt economics.

Unless that guy is in St. Louis, in which case he's stoked.
    Haha!!  That’s me...literally right now. So happy about STL!!!!
  • Options
    Where is St Louis coming from? Must have missed that post.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    so based on hints tour will start with new album on west coast, blue state,  hopefully San Diego! Wait and see I guess.
    Also, thank you Dimi for all the fun!

• Options
    PJNB said:
    Where is St Louis coming from? Must have missed that post.

Dimi just dropped that one a few pages ago
  • Options
    Also sounds like 1st shows will be last week of march at the earliest
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    edited December 2019
    Dimi, any chance the home of the 2013 Men's college basketball National Champions (before they had to vacate it) getting a show? Maybe between St. Louis and Nashville?
     is that the one has Rick pitino as coach u talking about?
    That had him, yes, before he ended up in Greece!
    need to drive my friend
    and i love him,,he is coach of my team and of our national team as well
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
     i invest alot of time talking to people in the business.,and im not talkng about pj only ,to learn in music intustry abouit how a tour sets up,what needs a record to finish ,what work needs to be done,how things works with promoters,bands managment,,even how much % this days are the cuts of all parties in a 20 dollar shirt..and how deals are been made..thats why im not upset for examble  they dont announce ams 2..cos promoter is the boss,its their call.
    i learn a few usefull things..
    the official announcement has nothing to do if the dates are locked.or if the recordings are done..there are so many different details and all those guys are profecionals and they announce when is all ready...all parties.from the little video or radio message and social media up to the announcement up to ticket ventor companies,promoters,websits,logistics,crew and all..they dont announce anything if all details are done,they dont announce dates and say we will figure things later..
    so the speculation is gonna be monday or friday is just talk with no logic.if  are ready to announce on sunday,sunday it is,or monday or whenever,..
    now pj when they put out a new record and same time is an election year they usually does different legs in NA ..its what logic says
    for exable same logic says they hit australia always with new record.
    so when they do an album  tour they usally go west cost,east cost,and they hit at some point,canada, and midwest,and cenret-middle  of country(thas is in my mind for exable Missouri or TN  in my mind ,not sure how u call it in usa,i just say center of usa cos looks like it in the map for me)  and not always the south...those are facts.
    now this election is very important...so i dont know how they think but feels wanna do a big thing about it..even from the halloween shirt u get that feeling..
    info says spring is good to go,so concider that spring is in 3 and half months from now,logic says is coming soon,,soon can be today or january...cant be for examble 20th feb..
    the big picture is pj has a record ready,they hit the road..thats all exciting.30 years after been together,and 4/5 original members still together..we are talking for a miracle here if u see in music history......i really dont see why people get upset for any reason..i get we all  are with no patient..as a fan i get it....

ps.cos i saw the last comments,,.st louis looks good as one of the red states for a show. :)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    JimmyV said:
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    Ottawa/Quebec City. 
    Those are happening?
    Dimi hinted a short drive from Montreal.  Those are the two closest cities. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Dimi, any chance the home of the 2013 Men's college basketball National Champions (before they had to vacate it) getting a show? Maybe between St. Louis and Nashville?
     is that the one has Rick pitino as coach u talking about?
    That had him, yes, before he ended up in Greece!
    need to drive my friend
    and i love him,,he is coach of my team and of our national team as well
    No problem, sounds like 2 of the shows are easily driveable. Can you estimate how many shows would be driveable from that area?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,490
    pjl44 said:
    Thoughts and prayers to the guy who logs in 3 hours from now, sees 80 new posts in this thread, gets excited, then gets a lesson in tshirt economics.

Haha!!  That’s me...literally right now. So happy about STL!!!!
    Exactly and congrats. I could scroll though 80 posts about Canadian customs charges and if the 81st was about 2 nights in Boston I'd be cool.
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

Does this mean we have to wait for the Canucks to win a Cup before we get a Vancouver show?

*first few chords of Corduroy plays in the background*

We're effed.

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    DEGBTI said:
    so based on hints tour will start with new album on west coast, blue state,  hopefully San Diego! Wait and see I guess.
    Also, thank you Dimi for all the fun!

San diego, vegas, phoenix maybe? they've traveled that long road before. Ha, see what I did there? 
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 312
    Any chance Indy gets a show on this tour?
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    So all we need to do is check the open dates at the Enterprise Center cross them over with the open dates at Bridgestone and we're halfway home. 1-2-3 Go!!!
    Things were different then
  • Options
    Evel K said:
    So all we need to do is check the open dates at the Enterprise Center cross them over with the open dates at Bridgestone and we're halfway home. 1-2-3 Go!!!
    Enterprise center open March 22-March 26, then regular season ends 4-2
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,949
    edited December 2019
    Evel K said:
    Enterprise center open March 22-March 26, then regular season ends 4-2
    Best bet in Nashville in March is 27- March 30,then April 2-3...then playoffs.
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    Bridgestone open March 22, 23, 28-30, then most of April (depending on NHL playoffs)
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Bridgestone arena is available April 2-3, 5-10, 11-19, 21-24 and April 26th until May 16th.  Good luck trying to figure that one out. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Original_ShiftyOriginal_Shifty Great White North Posts: 300
    Well, I'm stoked now if the Spring tour will be on the wet coast.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    edited December 2019
    kerbjack said:

Does this mean we have to wait for the Canucks to win a Cup before we get a Vancouver show?

We're effed.

Counterpoint: Toronto's apparently getting a show/getting shows and...well...
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    NWOntario said:
    kerbjack said:

We're effed.

Counterpoint: Toronto's apparently getting a show/getting shows and...well...
    Crash at your place?
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 707
    pjl44 said:

LOL. I appreciate your Ts & Ps !
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    Bridgestone arena is available April 2-3, 5-10, 11-19, 21-24 and April 26th until May 16th.  Good luck trying to figure that one out. 
    April 3rd is actually booked. 

April 2nd looks good and so does April 5 or 6. The preds will not host a game the day or 2 after the regular season.  

This tour won’t be going into May. Said 200 posts ago from someone 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    JimmyV said:
    Ottawa/Quebec City. 
    But those are red.... 
    Orange, green, red and blue!
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    D-Rod said:
    April 3rd is actually booked. 

April 2nd looks good and so does April 5 or 6. The preds will not host a game the day or 2 after the regular season.  

This tour won’t be going into May. Said 200 posts ago from someone 
    April 2nd would tough for me to go to.  Damn. Why can’t it be April 3rd?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,531
    Im in the apparel business. $40 shirt - band earns $20 in pure profit. Yay arenas are back! Hope they play a bunch near me in NYC.
    Whalers?
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Im in the apparel business. $40 shirt - band earns $20 in pure profit. Yay arenas are back! Hope they play a bunch near me in NYC.
    Whalers?
    I am making the next Whalers show for sure!

$20 is a lot!