Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,948
    chiefnjk said:
    If the 2020 tour is locked and loaded like someone in the know said (and an annoucement is imminent), then tomorrow probably makes the most sense... right? Especially if there are shows in March.
    I think it would have to be today. That would give until Thursday for the drawings, public sale Friday. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Waiting till January for shows in March is a tight window. Remember, there will be a 10c ticket lottery before any public sale. It won't just be an announcement that tickets are on sale now to the public. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    chiefnjk said:
    If the 2020 tour is locked and loaded like someone in the know said (and an annoucement is imminent), then tomorrow probably makes the most sense... right? Especially if there are shows in March.
    I think it would have to be today. That would give until Thursday for the drawings, public sale Friday. 
    This was my line of thinking as well.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    mcgruff10 said:
    chiefnjk said:
    This was my line of thinking as well.

Agreed, I should have said annoucement "by tomorrow" makes the most sense.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    JimmyV said:
    Waiting till January for shows in March is a tight window. Remember, there will be a 10c ticket lottery before any public sale. It won't just be an announcement that tickets are on sale now to the public. 
    Maybe they are contractually obligated to wait till January for one of the shows (in May) that doesn't announce its full lineup till January.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    how long typically is the time between ten club announcement and public on sale? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    chiefnjk said:
    Right, same schedule as Europe, but U.S./N.A. usually have radio/promoter presales too, which is why I thought last Friday made more sense.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    How about this @dimitrispearljam, there has been 8 different Stanley Cup Champions since 2004 (Chicago, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Boston, LA, St Louis, Washing D.C. and Detroit). Will any of these cities get to share the same building with PJ for a night, before April?
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    need need to go back to trying to get clues from Dimi.  Few pages back mentioned Leafs sucked, which they do,  maybe he could use hockey clues since a lot of arenas will have to go around hockey schedule.   Like if he said best hockey team every.  We would know Pittsburgh is a go.  
    Sticking with NHL references/clues, I’d like to see an AVALANCHE up close and personal (just not too close ;)). I’d also like to see a COYOTE in the WILD...such cool PREDATORS! 
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Maybe they are contractually obligated to wait till January for one of the shows (in May) that doesn't announce its full lineup till January.

I think Dimi may have implied there were not any shows in May.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    need need to go back to trying to get clues from Dimi.  Few pages back mentioned Leafs sucked, which they do,  maybe he could use hockey clues since a lot of arenas will have to go around hockey schedule.   Like if he said best hockey team every.  We would know Pittsburgh is a go.  
    Sticking with NHL references/clues, I’d like to see an AVALANCHE up close and personal (just not too close ;)). I’d also like to see a COYOTE in the WILD...such cool PREDATORS! 
    Well done. Denver, Nashville and Phoenix
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Possible.

• Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    setlist41 said:
    Any local radio stations stating any concert announcements today???
    Local station just mentioned two announcements coming up. 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    edited December 2019
    2016 Tour Schedule - tour started April 8 (arenas) and ended August 22 (stadiums) - separate lotteries but announced together
    Tour Announced: Tuesday, January 19
    Lottery close (for arenas) and results announced: Monday, January 25 at 10:00am PT
    Stadium lottery: Thursday, Feb. 4 - Monday, Feb. 8

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    @dimitrispearljam any "spicy" shows in the first U.S. leg? We're mighty spicy here in Arizona .... 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    wsimon74 said:
    @dimitrispearljam any "spicy" shows in the first U.S. leg? We're mighty spicy here in Arizona .... 
    nothing spicy, just maple syrup, fish tacos and bbq.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Jimminez said:
    setlist41 said:
    Where is local for you?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    bbiggs said:
    You missed the Minnesota WILD reference. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    You missed the Minnesota WILD reference. 
    Yes, yes I did! 
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    @dimitrispearljam Should i wear my BLUE JACKET waiting out a HURRICANE or take shelter in an IGLOO??
  • Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 295
    How about this @dimitrispearljam, there has been 8 different Stanley Cup Champions since 2004 (Chicago, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Boston, LA). Will any of these cities get to share the same building with PJ for a night, before April?
    Don't forget Detroit in 2008!  We'd like a show for the new arena:)
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    2016 Tour Schedule - tour started April 8 (arenas) and ended August 22 (stadiums) - separate lotteries but announced together
    Tour Announced: Tuesday, January 19
    Lottery close (for arenas) and results announced: Monday, January 25 at 10:00am PT
    Stadium lottery: Thursday, Feb. 4 - Monday, Feb. 8

When I look at this, it does point to an announcement today or tomorrow. Reason being, it has been said the Spring NA shows are March/April with no known dates in May. If they announced late January for an early April start in 2016, logic says they announce now for an early March start. 
  • Options
    Save Who said:
    How about this @dimitrispearljam, there has been 8 different Stanley Cup Champions since 2004 (Chicago, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Boston, LA). Will any of these cities get to share the same building with PJ for a night, before April?
    I forgot they won in 2008, my bad. I thought that was Pitt again.
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Jimminez said:
    setlist41 said:
    A short drive from Montreal ;)
    Had to get out of the car and am listening online so don't know if I missed the announcement.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    The last Springsteen tour was announced one month in advance. PJ is no Springsteen, but they wouldn't need 3+ months to sell tickets.
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    PeterED said:
    NWOntario said:
    NWOntario said:
    The person from reddit said that the Toronto show was at burls creek which is basically a giant field. The Rolling Stones just played there. I’m not sure on the specifics but I don’t believe it to be accurate 
    For the love of God PLEASE not Burl's Creek...
    Maybe they are thinking that it is Molson Park where they played in '98?
    Molson Park closed in 200...3, I think, so if the rumour is "Southern Ontario" and "field" it's almost certainly Burl's Creek.
    That would be a brutal choice for a venue. And for a band that professes to be eco-conscious, playing a venue that would require 100% of the attendees to drive would require a fair amount of cognitive dissonance on their part.
    I've been to Burl's Creek once, and upon leaving vowed I'd never return, not even for Pearl Jam. Getting there and back was an absolute nightmare - it took an hour-and-three-quarters for our bus to get out of the parking lot, never mind the drive back to Toronto - but the food and water situation was even worse. The lineups were all 30-45 minutes long and there were no water stations, which, on a hot summer day, was absolutely inexcuseable. I mean...it's not like I won't go, but man, if they want to play to 70,000 people in the GTA just do Rogers Centre.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,310
    Save Who said:

My team won in 2018..Rock the Red..but i live in the South now
  • Options
    1pm and all is quiet. 

• Options
    See ya guys in January 
  • Options
    Don't give up yet! You'll just have to go back to fully concentrating on work. Plenty of time left in the day.