Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Bridgestone arena is available April 2-3, 5-10, 11-19, 21-24 and April 26th until May 16th.  Good luck trying to figure that one out. 
    April 3rd is actually booked. 

April 2nd looks good and so does April 5 or 6. The preds will not host a game the day or 2 after the regular season.  

This tour won’t be going into May. Said 200 posts ago from someone 
    April 2nd would tough for me to go to.  Damn. Why can’t it be April 3rd?
    What is there on the 3rd? The event page has it open.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    Bridgestone arena is available April 2-3, 5-10, 11-19, 21-24 and April 26th until May 16th.  Good luck trying to figure that one out. 

April 2nd looks good and so does April 5 or 6. The preds will not host a game the day or 2 after the regular season.  

Wine and Food Festival is 6p Friday the 3rd 
    it’s on Bridgestone’s event page 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    Would be more fun if we had a hint of how many shows for both spring and fall.

2020 EU tour thread>>2020 us/canada tour thread
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 641
    RT85129 said:
    Please hit Atlanta in 2020.  Please!  

Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • Options
    HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 96
    edited December 2019
    Dimi, any chance the home of the 2013 Men's college basketball National Champions (before they had to vacate it) getting a show? Maybe between St. Louis and Nashville?
     is that the one has Rick pitino as coach u talking about?
    That had him, yes, before he ended up in Greece!
    need to drive my friend
    and i love him,,he is coach of my team and of our national team as well
    Kentucky out, and chance of surrounding states?
    Post edited by HoldeIN on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:

Wine and Food Festival is 6p Friday the 3rd 
    it’s on Bridgestone’s event page 
    Ah I see it now. Should have known to go to the official page. 
  • Options
    zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    RT85129 said:
    for real,  Arena shows please -- not music midtown or any other festival........
  • Options
    Jackie Robinson..... 
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    D-Rod said:
    and a couple more details..
    europe 2009 tour was announced on saturday  and not only that..they put the ticket on sale up with the announcement..and i went buy the 4 shows tickets of it(london sb show was announce later).
    and was so easy,...cos if u remember back then,,when ticket went on sale here was a clusterfuck and site crash.during sales .but that one was bam,,.i actulally was in facebook mesenger for an hour with friend talking which shows to go,and if want to choose seated or ga,who has low 10c number..cos noone knew was up for sale,..,was funny..
    what is shitty in business is how opening bands treated from promoters...it sucks seriously...
    and a third thing cos i mention it in the comment before..
    lets do a poll,..how much money u guys think goes to the band from a show shirt when they sell a 35 $ shirt at teh venue..?
    its crazy whats going on...its pure business and all parties of a show wants to drink blood..in the name of the band is playing.
    My guess is less than $8
    i think the number must be 5-8 dollars  tops
    cos,,a shirt lets say needs 3-4 dollars to be made,,now add the profit of the merch company..maybe need to pay the artist who made the shirt, seperetaly ..the workers need to be paid the day of the show..and  then there is the cut of the promoter,the cut of the venue allows u to sell those in their venue,of to all that,,add the taxes.
    so the band who their name is on the shirt...they playing the show  get less than 20% of the shirt..

That's why I can't understand why they don't sell more concert merch on their website.   They could cut out several middle men.
    This always surprised me too. I know merch tents are part of the experience but I'd be happy to preorder gear for shows I'm attending. Perhaps lottery win required to purchase, or something like that.
    🤙
  • Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 291
    Maybe based on the openings
    St.Louis 3/26
    Nashville 3/28
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    wsimon74 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    so based on hints tour will start with new album on west coast, blue state,  hopefully San Diego! Wait and see I guess.
    Also, thank you Dimi for all the fun!

San diego, vegas, phoenix maybe? they've traveled that long road before. Ha, see what I did there? 
    if so I'll be at all three!
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Jackie Robinson..... 
    Sounds like 4/2 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Jackie Robinson..... 
    Sounds like 4/2 
    Yes it does. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    RT85129 said:

I believe Atlanta was said to not be in the cards a while back. Not 100% though. 
  • Options
    chadaw76 said:
    Maybe based on the openings
    St.Louis 3/26
    Nashville 3/28
    Would be amazing. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,535
    DEGBTI said:
    wsimon74 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    so based on hints tour will start with new album on west coast, blue state,  hopefully San Diego! Wait and see I guess.
    Also, thank you Dimi for all the fun!

San diego, vegas, phoenix maybe? they've traveled that long road before. Ha, see what I did there? 
    if so I'll be at all three!
    Me as well. Hope they skip LA since Sports Arena is gone... play Honda Center!
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    Somehow this is going to involve a conflict in choosing RATM in phx on march 30 or a kick ass pj road trip based on the hints
  • Options
    If bridgestone was April 2nd that could leave the open  april 1 date at the ryman for  a 10club show😁🤘. Total joke, don't alt nation  that. But it would be epic.
  • Options
    Somehow this is going to involve a conflict in choosing RATM in phx on march 30 or a kick ass pj road trip based on the hints
    Wait till you see what PJ show it matches up with. I pretty much had my Phoenix trip booked and now no clue what I am going to do. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    PJNB said:
    Wait till you see what PJ show it matches up with. I pretty much had my Phoenix trip booked and now no clue what I am going to do. 
    Oye. This is a stinger. Maybe I travel to el Paso or new mexico for RATM to avoid conflict.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    Image result for there is no conflict gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    PJNB said:
    Aren’t you seeing Harry Styles on March 30th?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    RT85129 said:

I believe Atlanta was said to not be in the cards a while back. Not 100% though. 
    I thought this was just in relation to the spring tour. Not sure if it included late summer/fall as well. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Had to google that one sadly and Yes!!!
  • Options
    deadlax97 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RT85129 said:

I thought this was just in relation to the spring tour. Not sure if it included late summer/fall as well. 
    True
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    edited December 2019
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    I had no clue who he was until I bought tickets for my daughter this past weekend.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    I had no clue who he was until I bought tickets for my daughter this past weekend.  
    Great Dad right there!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    Dimi... any Saturday night shows in the spring?  Would be nice to hit 1-2 without having to take a vacation day
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,531
    molecule said:
    D-Rod said:
    and a couple more details..
    europe 2009 tour was announced on saturday  and not only that..they put the ticket on sale up with the announcement..and i went buy the 4 shows tickets of it(london sb show was announce later).
    and was so easy,...cos if u remember back then,,when ticket went on sale here was a clusterfuck and site crash.during sales .but that one was bam,,.i actulally was in facebook mesenger for an hour with friend talking which shows to go,and if want to choose seated or ga,who has low 10c number..cos noone knew was up for sale,..,was funny..
    what is shitty in business is how opening bands treated from promoters...it sucks seriously...
    and a third thing cos i mention it in the comment before..
    lets do a poll,..how much money u guys think goes to the band from a show shirt when they sell a 35 $ shirt at teh venue..?
    its crazy whats going on...its pure business and all parties of a show wants to drink blood..in the name of the band is playing.
    My guess is less than $8
    i think the number must be 5-8 dollars  tops
    cos,,a shirt lets say needs 3-4 dollars to be made,,now add the profit of the merch company..maybe need to pay the artist who made the shirt, seperetaly ..the workers need to be paid the day of the show..and  then there is the cut of the promoter,the cut of the venue allows u to sell those in their venue,of to all that,,add the taxes.
    so the band who their name is on the shirt...they playing the show  get less than 20% of the shirt..

That's why I can't understand why they don't sell more concert merch on their website.   They could cut out several middle men.
    This always surprised me too. I know merch tents are part of the experience but I'd be happy to preorder gear for shows I'm attending. Perhaps lottery win required to purchase, or something like that.

No way.  I am in the apparel business and event related apparel has the highest profit margin outside of high fashion houses. That $40 shirt costs no more than $20 to get to the venue and be sold. Sell it on the website and you reduce exclusivity and demand at the venue. If it is different for PJ it might be because they are generous with paying artists, perhaps using local vendors, and they dont charge $80 like they could. Even so I would not be surprised if the band makes more money from merchandise at each show then it gets paid to do the show. Especially with these fans. They are definitely making more than $8!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Dimi... any Saturday night shows in the spring?  Would be nice to hit 1-2 without having to take a vacation day
    Great question.  I was wondering this as well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.