Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    In my tree confirmed for San Diego
    Wait, are we gonna start predicting set lists? I like that idea!  =)
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    estarr31 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Funny how everyone is so sure...then one post about "maybe it's not happening" and chaos and fear ensue
    Where is the chaos and fear?
    On FB
    FB is way behind on this stuff and pointless to even try and convince them. Way too many people there and mostly out of the loop. I will say though that this hype has had a lot of people over there signing up for 10 club memberships hurting our odds over here getting tickets. Fans are fans but the prehype of the tour announcement does have a downfall too in selfish terms. 

Facebook is like..."should I join 10C?" "Is analog or digital better?"

And nobody uses a search function or searches this website.

Some of them still think no US shows other than maybe a few stadiums.

Behind indeed.
    I will say I laughed at a recent Alt Nation article that was revealing the Fall 2020 stadium tour. I clicked on it thinking there was some breaking news but it was just based on comments from this forum listening off random spots they may play. It wasn't from dimi either but it was funny. 
    Alt nation is like infowars
    I still get a big kick out of the fact that I got my own article for shattering my shoulder in 12 places at the Eddie/Who show in Wembley Stadium last summer.

It almost makes it worthwhile.  Almost.

http://www.alternativenation.net/eddie-vedder-fan-reveals-terrible-injury-photo/

...and yes, if Eddie wants to give me a shout out at any of the shows this summer I humbly accept.

=) 
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 205
    NDJeff7 said:
    PeterED said:
    duffmann said:
    Pretty new to the Ten Club unfortunately, so I have a (stupid?) question.  If I were to put in for only one show, what gives me a better chance at tickets...  GS or Reserved as my first choice?

It depends on the odds, but go with reserved as your first choice for a better chance...
    Really? Why? There are far few reserved seats for 10C than GA.

The 10C gets more reserved seats for U.S. arenas than for Europe.  The 10C GA area is smaller than the Euro GA area as well, typically.   There is a ton of demand for GA, and a ton of demand in the US, so GA odds usually go way down first. 

My one and only experience with the 10C lottery came with the Oakland show in 2013. I put reserved as my first choice, GA second. The show was scheduled for two days before Thanksgiving. Demand (the odds) for this show was not high, iirc. They denied my first choice and gave me GA. The only justification for this I could think of is they have an obligation to fill the GA section first. If the show is not high demand, they will fill GA first and then reserved. So, if you only want reserved, only put reserved. If you don't care and just want tickets, then put in for both.
    I had the same happen to me with the Raleigh show in 2016, so I learned that lesson. I figured that since my reserved odds were 99% that I would get those, but they do in fact always fill GA first.
    If I'm only going to 1 city, i would put reserved 1st (since that's what I prefer) and GA 2nd (being in the building is better than nothing). But I'll have one of my 14 year olds with me this year, so GA is not something I want to deal with.  I may be better off choosing reserved and nothing else. I could always try and trade with someone that has reserved (and maybe a similar 10C #). Will have to wait and see what the odds are.    
    I'm fairly confident you could trade GA for reserved seats if you needed to
    That was my plan for Raleigh 16. I had worked out to trade my 2 GA tix for 2 reserved......alas the show never actually happened
  • Options
    Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    Such a great show, one of my favorites (along with Riley Martin making an appearance a few pages ago, never thought Id see the day).
    O-Qua Tangin Wann....RIP Riley 

This is an underrated post! Brilliant!
    10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Such a great show, one of my favorites (along with Riley Martin making an appearance a few pages ago, never thought Id see the day).
    O-Qua Tangin Wann....RIP Riley 

This is an underrated post! Brilliant!

It sure is - Hue Jasole! 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,309
    This thread has ADD.

10c needs to make an announcement if only to put this thread out of it's pathetic misery!  even if soon after, the 2021 tour rumor thread starts.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    First..its glad to be back on the forum as it took me 2 years to get my identity back and in the process lost my seniority but thats ok the 10c was great in my ordeal

anyway ive read alot of the rumors and I heard April 4th in St. Louis is a done deal from my sources but does anyone have anything else where things have changed???
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    mr bungle said:
    This thread has ADD.

10c needs to make an announcement if only to put this thread out of it's pathetic misery!  even if soon after, the 2021 tour rumor thread starts.
    are we pretty much in agreeance that Monday the 13th is the expected announcement? Honestly, at this point, it seems that the dates and cities are relatively settled, but I'm starting to worry my extraordinary lack of productivity this week may garner unwanted attention LOL. 
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    my wife is from montreal . in that city it all depends. but i have had experiences of being given wrong directions or no directions.some will not reply its not an indication of everybody. but it has happened. in quebec city i no trouble what so ever. but that doesn't mean it didn't happen to someone else. 
  • Options
    Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    pjalive21 said:
    First..its glad to be back on the forum as it took me 2 years to get my identity back and in the process lost my seniority but thats ok the 10c was great in my ordeal

anyway ive read alot of the rumors and I heard April 4th in St. Louis is a done deal from my sources but does anyone have anything else where things have changed???

April 2nd Nashville and April 4th St. Louis have really solidified (in the rumor mill) this week. I already reserved rooms!
    10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 311
    foodboy said:
    i went to quebec city last tour. i live in canada and speak very very little french. it is no problem there as it is a very big tourist town, so most will speak english to you without being offended . in montreal it is different. 
    My university French is very rusty but did not need to worry about that. I stayed in Old Quebec City for the PJ concert and found the shops, restaurants and the hotel staff very friendly. They will switch to English once they see you you can’t speak French.

The food there is outstanding! Never had a bad meal. And I had rabbit poutine!
  • Options
    I love all you PJ Crazies but this it's on now off and now back on crap is killing me.  I don't expect anything tomorrow but hopefully we get a stay tuned or renew your membership to ease our minds. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,544
    Dimi...
    If my phone battery runs low at any show this spring, will I have a place to charge it or should I bring a second phone?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    dlesko619 said:
    I love all you PJ Crazies but this it's on now off and now back on crap is killing me.  I don't expect anything tomorrow but hopefully we get a stay tuned or renew your membership to ease our minds. 
    For what it's worth, most of us trust those who have solid sources and provided tidbits of info about the spring tour. Can't really pay much mind to those who come in guns blazing to make one comment about how they think they hear something on the radio that doesn't reference a not-yet-announced spring tour or how they personally believe the timeline doesn't fit. It will either happen or it won't. From everything we've heard, it sounds like it will. It's up to the band to announce it whenever they choose.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    mr bungle said:
    This thread has ADD.

The  Nickelback forum is in need of members. Perhaps that's less pathetic?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nickelback/
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,031
    so what was up with santos telling everyone weeks ago to renew (or was it just make sure info was correct?) their memberships NOW?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    so what was up with santos telling everyone weeks ago to renew (or was it just make sure info was correct?) their memberships NOW?
    For the Europe tour. But I feel the same way in that I'm not sure why we need to be reminded again just a few weeks later.

2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    From here on out im smoking a full joint for every page this thread gains with no announcement.... 

By the time of the official announcement, I should have lost as many brain cells as I would have just by reading this thread..
  • Options
    From here on out im smoking a full joint for every page this thread gains with no announcement.... 

By the time of the official announcement, I should have lost as many brain cells as I would have just by reading this thread..
    We wish u well Aaron Bruno fan!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019

Bump 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    For the Europe tour. But I feel the same way in that I'm not sure why we need to be reminded again just a few weeks later.

Agreed....one warning is enough.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Bump 
    lol

Bump.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,031

was it? for some reason I thought that reminder came after the euro tour announcement. my bad. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

was it? for some reason I thought that reminder came after the euro tour announcement. my bad. 
    Yeah, the "update yer memberships now" nugget came on 11/19 and the tour was announced on 12/2. Still, really no reason to have to remind people again ~6 weeks later. You'd think that one would be sufficient.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    They better have some cool fucking merch in the shop/newsletter tomorrow or I’m gonna  beat my cat
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited January 2020

Yeah, the "update yer memberships now" nugget came on 11/19 and the tour was announced on 12/2. Still, really no reason to have to remind people again ~6 weeks later. You'd think that one would be sufficient.

You'd think, but I still bet we are getting some type of reminder tomorrow
  • Options
    Did the okc-Denver-Phoenix order and dates ever get figured out?
  • Options
    huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 867
    edited January 2020

• Options
    They better have some cool fucking merch in the shop/newsletter tomorrow or I’m gonna  beat my cat
    Is that what you call it?  :)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Is that what you call it?  :)
    I want a new winter hat!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.