Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,238
    Hope they announce in newsletter just so no one can say they don’t announce in newsletter anymore.  It would turn guessing into chaos.  
    I believe the 10th is a full moon. 
    Not only is it a full moon, but it is also a lunar eclipse

That's it. Partys over. Shut down not only the topic, the thread, the forum, the club, everything 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,672
    Thank you @dimitrispearljam once again 

when can we start the Cleveland rumors for fall now?  ;)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    juliefer said:
    on2legs said:
    While we wait for the announcement... Does anyone know if Pearl Jam is classic rock?
    My husband's alarm clock is set to a classic rock station and it was playing Pearl Jam songs two different times that it went off this morning. I took that as a good sign and was hoping it meant an announcement today but...

In 1999 they were not.

In 2020, they are.
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 365
    100 Pacer said:
    Just discovered a random delicious Portuguese bakery for lunch. This is actually better than the pending announcement...almost.
    Who, what, where, when, how?
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 722
    Image result for full wolf moon january 10th 2020
  • Options
    I'm sure it's somewhere in the 213 pages but nobody got time for that. Why do we think they are going from Toronto to Ottawa/Quebec City and then all the way back to Hamilton which is pretty much beside Toronto? Makes no sense.
  • Options
    I'm sure it's somewhere in the 213 pages but nobody got time for that. Why do we think they are going from Toronto to Ottawa/Quebec City and then all the way back to Hamilton which is pretty much beside Toronto? Makes no sense.
    Venue availability. First Ontario is more-or-less booked up with Disney on Ice up until the date in question.
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 365
    Arena availability 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:
    March 16th 10C. March 17th public sale. March 18th tour start. Book it.
    No tickets, just GA lines and sales at the door. 
    Id be stuck behind the guy who has to use 6 cards to complete the transaction.  
    Six cards for six different transactions?

That's every on-sale on TM's website.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    JimmyV said:
    dmbolp said:
    CopperTom said:
    estarr31 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I think you guys are also reading too much into the band securing their money. It’s Pearl Jam, their promoters aren’t worried. Only thing I’d be worried about is what was mentioned above, selling the stadiums out by giving more time. 4x at Wrigley, 3x at Fenway times 2 shows each...they can do it just might be tougher than usual. Personally I think TD Garden is the way to go, haven’t played there in years and it would be the hottest ticket in Boston
    They haven't been back since they were unable to secure two nights in 2010.
    That was unique issue though with the Bruins and Celtics in deep playoff runs. PJ played 5/17/10. Bruins didn't drop out until 5/14, way too late to add a show and Celts went all the way. But I remember waiting for that 2nd show so badly. Definitely sucked. 
    The simple reason PJ has not played TD is because of GA.  Allowed at Worcester, not at Boston (barring special exceptions).
    DEC 2018 went to Mumford & Sons and DMB shows, both had GA Floors
    Yeah I think the GA restriction was a Fenway specific issue. 

I believe Fenway had GA for whatever country artist it was...but the GA section was really tiny. Pearl Jam likes big GA sections.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited January 2020
    Thanks to Dimi for the hints!

So in order to show folks on Facebook that Pearl Jam has announced a tour before with this much notice or less, I posted the info from this thread about the 2010 tour.  This guy on Facebook doubted the info so I checked my old emails and found the announcement email from March 11, 2010.  I asked him to provide me with an email address so I could forward it to him.  I did so.  He still didn't believe it.  I then said he could believe it or not...no matter to me.  Oh well.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    100 Pacer said:
    Just discovered a random delicious Portuguese bakery for lunch. This is actually better than the pending announcement...almost.
    ...where?
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Dimi has been quiet the past few days on this thread
    Hopefully that means an announcement will be happening soon.
     i dont hasve much to add anymore,hints posted,,people made a list,,well,,:)
    hope helped them mfigure out stuff and be prepared
    Thanks Dimi!  I was able to reserve hotels in Nashville and St. Louis and ask for vacation time based off the hints.  Hope to meet a lot of new people at the shows.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:
    While we wait for the announcement... Does anyone know if Pearl Jam is classic rock?
    they are classic pearl jam 
    So who's modern Pearl Jam? And who's indie Pearl Jam?
    i know who is punk pearl jam = IDLES
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    If we don't hear anything today by 3pm PST, it's highly unlikely that the rumoured tour dates for March/April are happening. Just my opinion. Timing is too tight. 
    I don't think there was ever a chance of those dates happening. I can't recall past tours, but I'd tend to think that dates were never announced just two or three months prior to the show. I could be wrong though. 
    51 days for 2010 
    95 days for 2013 
    80 days for 2016 
    Well there ya have it. And I was broke in 2010. I don't know how I scrounged together enough money in such short notice for two shows. 
    https://pearljam.com/news/the-announcement

Actually, according pearljam.com the 2010 NA tour had almost 2 years notice.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,676
    NWOntario said:
    100 Pacer said:
    ...where?
    Nova Era - they have different locations.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    Touring bands do this all the time in Southern Ontario and Quebec. They go up and down the 401 a few times. 
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 722
    IDLES are fantastic.  Wish they could make it to NA for some shows!! Jealous of those who get to see them with PJ and the Pixies. 
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Yes! These guys are good.
    dimitrispearljam said:
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:
    they are classic pearl jam 
    So who's modern Pearl Jam? And who's indie Pearl Jam?
    i know who is punk pearl jam = IDLES

• Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574

Well I guess they need almost two years to start planning their TEN anniversary run. 
    (2010 tour was sent on Thursday 3/11/10 before a Monday tenclub sale) 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819

+1
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    SM187650 said:
    IDLES are fantastic.  Wish they could make it to NA for some shows!! Jealous of those who get to see them with PJ and the Pixies. 
    Stumbled upon them at lollapalooza after show last year in chicago.  Great live  
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,089
    I'm guessing no announcement today.  Bring on the 13th!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    If we don't hear anything today by 3pm PST, it's highly unlikely that the rumoured tour dates for March/April are happening. Just my opinion. Timing is too tight. 
    I don't think there was ever a chance of those dates happening. I can't recall past tours, but I'd tend to think that dates were never announced just two or three months prior to the show. I could be wrong though. 
    51 days for 2010 
    95 days for 2013 
    80 days for 2016 
    Well there ya have it. And I was broke in 2010. I don't know how I scrounged together enough money in such short notice for two shows. 

That is not accurate.  The website is showing that but it's not what happened.  Some guy on Facebook cited that as proof even though I forwarded him my announcement email from 3/11/10.  
    The same guy claims the tour is not happening.  
    Post edited by Yefa on
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Yefa said:
    That is not accurate.  The website is showing that but it's not what happened.  Some guy on Facebook cited that as proof even though I forwarded him my announcement email from 3/11/10.  
    I thought it was a joke, despite what the link said. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Scot ConantScot Conant Michigan Posts: 74
    Curious why Louisville isn't on the rumor list. The KFC Yum Center downtown is open March 29 - April 9th. It would be great to see them fit a show in there.
    10/16/14 - Detroit * 04/29/16 - TENadelphia * 10/20/16 - Chicago * 10/22/16 - Chicago * 10/18/18 - Chicago * 10/20/18 - Chicago * 09/16/22 - Nashville * 09/17/22 - Louisville * 09/07/23 - Chicago * 09/10/23 - Noblesville (Postponed)
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    100 Pacer said:
    NWOntario said:
    100 Pacer said:
    ...where?
    Nova Era - they have different locations.
    One of which is right down the street from us. Absolutely not the information I was coming here to get, but dammit if it's not the information I'm gonna love the most.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    Yefa said:
    I thought it was a joke, despite what the link said. 
    Yeah.  The band never announces a tour more than 18 months in advance so it is odd that it says that at all.  
    In any case, my announcement email is real and still in my Inbox.
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    Curious why Louisville isn't on the rumor list. The KFC Yum Center downtown is open March 29 - April 9th. It would be great to see them fit a show in there.
    The band’s management says they won’t play there because of the arena’s ticketing practices.
  • Options
    MS52945MS52945 Posts: 43

I got a buddy that works at an arena in Columbus and says they are negotiating with them. He claims it’s either going to be Columbus or Cleveland. He didn’t have a date just in 2020. So fall might be looking good for ya!