Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    It looks like they announced LB's October 14th, 2013 release date on July 11th. Does anyone know when they announced the lottery for the 2013 N.A. tour? Just for my own curiosity.
    Nvm, just saw PJNB's comment with the days-of-notice info. Thanks.

2013 was an odd one since the public sale did not happen until 19 days after the 10 Club presale started. July 8th presale and July 27th public sale. I am hoping for a much shorter wait between the two this new album tour. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    edited January 2020
    Already looking forward to making a stop at Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis!  Some of the best BBQ I've ever had. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    If we don't hear anything today by 3pm PST, it's highly unlikely that the rumoured tour dates for March/April are happening. Just my opinion. Timing is too tight. 
    I don't think there was ever a chance of those dates happening. I can't recall past tours, but I'd tend to think that dates were never announced just two or three months prior to the show. I could be wrong though. 
    51 days for 2010 
    95 days for 2013 
    80 days for 2016 
    Well there ya have it. And I was broke in 2010. I don't know how I scrounged together enough money in such short notice for two shows. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    If it's gonna happen, I'm visiting US for the first time, from Holland. Gonna fly to Seattle first, then over to LA, hopefully! Hopefully I can meet up with some of you in Seattle and/or LA!
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    PJNB said:
    It looks like they announced LB's October 14th, 2013 release date on July 11th. Does anyone know when they announced the lottery for the 2013 N.A. tour? Just for my own curiosity.

2013 was an odd one since the public sale did not happen until 19 days after the 10 Club presale started. July 8th presale and July 27th public sale. I am hoping for a much shorter wait between the two this new album tour. 
    Thanks. So is it correct then that they actually announced the tour/started 10C lottery before the official announcement of LB's release?

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Thanks. So is it correct then that they actually announced the tour/started 10C lottery before the official announcement of LB's release?

Correct. July 1st there was a 1 week countdown clock. At the end of that we got the tour announcement. Then a second clock started. It ended on July 11th and the album announcement and MYM single dropped. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Does anyone have the 2010 timeline handy? Those shows were in May and IIRC we bought tickets in March. 
    Mar 11th announcement. Mar 15th presale start. Mar 19th public sale. 
    Awesome, thanks. That tour started the first week of May, too. So we have been here before. 

That was 10 standalone shows added to a Europe tour that already had been announced a few months earlier, and didnt they say additional dates may be announced?

I'm not sure we've had any public verification this current tour is a go. Maybe they are still tweaking some lyrics on the album?

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Does anyone have the 2010 timeline handy? Those shows were in May and IIRC we bought tickets in March. 
    Mar 11th announcement. Mar 15th presale start. Mar 19th public sale. 
    Awesome, thanks. That tour started the first week of May, too. So we have been here before. 

That was 10 standalone shows added to a Europe tour that already had been announced a few months earlier, and didnt they say additional dates may be announced?

I'm not sure we've had any public verification this current tour is a go. Maybe they are still tweaking some lyrics on the album?

This isn't adding shows to a European tour that has already been announced? Not sure what point you are making here. 

I'll be stunned if this tour doesn't happen. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    It is 100% happening.  Just be patient. 
    100%
  • Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 295
    If we don't hear anything today by 3pm PST, it's highly unlikely that the rumoured tour dates for March/April are happening. Just my opinion. Timing is too tight. 
    Tool just announced a tour late August that started in mid October.  I think two month lead time is more than enough. B)
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Correct. July 1st there was a 1 week countdown clock. At the end of that we got the tour announcement. Then a second clock started. It ended on July 11th and the album announcement and MYM single dropped. 

Thanks for the info.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    kaikaikaikai Posts: 55
    JojoRice said:
    Already looking forward to making a stop at Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis!  Some of the best BBQ I've ever had. 
    Yes! I worked on Olive for over a year and it was my go-to lunch spot for a while!
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    "Almost" a concert announcement on MMR! Stay tuned..... 
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    jmug23 said:
    It is 100% happening.  Just be patient. 
    100%

If 100% of a tour is 95% sold out, but 5% of fans paid 200% ticket prices....where's Bernie Sanders when you need him? 🤣
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    duffmann said:
    Philly radio station? Odd they would be hyping it with no Philly shows though isn't it? 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    First it was hand wringing about 10C lottery, not getting tickets, etc. Now it’s hand wringing about the tour not taking place at all. What a difference a week makes. This place never disappoints. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    duffmann said:
    This won't be Pearl Jam.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Save Who said:
    Tool just announced a tour late August that started in mid October.  I think two month lead time is more than enough. B)
    It is for me, I bet there's others that would think that's horrible. For people that might not get the kind of vacation time that I do, that could be a tough thing to try and book a trip two months out. 

For Metallica in 2018, I bought tickets in February for a show in October. I think that's a perfect amount of time. Metallica also gave you a FREE MP3 download code to the show you attended, as well as a physical CD copy of Hardwired. I know the "free" stuff isn't up PJ's ally, but I wish lengthier notices for tour dates was. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    duffmann said:
    Philly radio station? Odd they would be hyping it with no Philly shows though isn't it? 

Not odd in the least, Pearl Jam is a HUGE concert event anywhere.
    Post edited by duffmann on
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    Save Who said:

It probably is, but why wait any longer if this was in the works six weeks ago.

Aftershock and New Tool Album were officially notified from band to public months before Aug 30. So we knew they were touring NA after the album release.

There has been no public comment on NA tour nor album here yet. Not that I don't think it's not never going to not happen 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2020
    yes, think about the $$$ PJ fans bring to stimulate the local economy - we should be the ones deciding where they play....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    yes, think about the $$$ PJ fans bring to stimulate the local economy - we should be the ones deciding where they play....
    It’s true, they need a coffee while they wait in the merch lines or GA lines!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    It’s true, they need a coffee while they wait in the merch lines or GA lines!

nah, I'm talking lodging, food and drink..... for those who do not camp out and sh*t on the sidewalk.....
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    duffmann said:
    This won't be Pearl Jam.

If you had heard what I heard, yeah...… they (accidentally) mentioned the band. AAAAND something about Monday???

We shall see
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    I know a city with a nice hotel and a decent small arena that could use some love 😉
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I know a city with a nice hotel and a decent small arena that could use some love 😉

Grand Rapids, or Kalamazoo ;) - I'd be ok with Little Caesars Arena too, it's very nice....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    duffmann said:
    JimmyV said:
    duffmann said:
    This won't be Pearl Jam.

If you had heard what I heard, yeah...… they (accidentally) mentioned the band. AAAAND something about Monday???

We shall see
    Do tell
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    duffmann said:
    JimmyV said:
    duffmann said:
    This won't be Pearl Jam.

We shall see
    Whoa
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    duffmann said:
    JimmyV said:
    duffmann said:
    This won't be Pearl Jam.

We shall see
    Sirius XM show at the Tower Theater??
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    duffmann said:
    JimmyV said:
    duffmann said:
    This won't be Pearl Jam.

We shall see
                OMG are you kidding me? If only I knew what you may or may not have heard what someone said what they might have meant to                    say....... :oB):one_finger: 
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!