Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saint Louis didn’t sell out in 2014 and I believe it was a weekend show with no Chicago show. 
    Quebec City, Hamilton, and of course Toronto will sell out with ease. Ottawa was close in 2016. I bet with a new album it might this go around. 
    Hamilton sold out in 2011 but they didn’t sell seats behind the stage.  All depends on what you consider a sell out.  

If TicketMaster (or whoever the original seller is) runs out of tickets, it's sold out. This includes "day of" drops. If TM resale tickets are available, it's not sold out.

If certain sections aren't made available for sale, they don't count.
    Wasn’t there a tour where they pulled sales for certain sections and put black tarps over them due to low sales? Asia ‘03 (or ‘00)?

They didn't do Japan in 2000, so it must have been 2003...this would also explain why they haven't been back. I've also heard that the crowd sat and generally wasn't too pumped.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Now we're rethinking STL. If OKC happens, that's about the same distance from KC & it would be a cheaper trip because we'd get a place with friends. Hmmm. Once it's official, we'll need to make a choice pretty quickly.
    Matt, would you say kc is nicer than St. Louis? 
    I am not Matt but I do live in KC and although biased KC has WAY more to offer then STL and a much easier travel situation. We have NO traffic, like ever, we do have I-29,35,70,49, so getting here is pretty straight forward from everywhere. We have one of the best museums in the country and it’s FREE, we have a light rail that connects a large chuck of the downtown area and it’s FREE, we have the Power and Light district (bar zone) which is located right next to the hotel zone, and Westport (better bar zone) which is a 7 minute Uber from P&L and a 5 minute Uber from the Country Club Plaza (amazing Spanish architecture and great restaurants, the Christmas song Kansas City Lights was written about it), plus we have some of the best restaurants in the Midwest and that’s not to even begin about the BBQ). Oh and if Jazz and Baseball are your thing we have the 18th and Vine district with the Negro League Baseball Museum connected to the Jazz Museum (it’s the Hall of Fame of both Jazz and the Negro leagues). Every night you can find music from jazz at the Green Lady Lounge, to rock bands of all types, or a EDM show being thrown in a warehouse in the West Bottoms. All of which is less then 10 minutes apart from each other and virtually all of it has plenty of FREE parking. Stay in STL and have fun in the burbs and enjoy the Applebee’s if that’s your jam. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    Sarava said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saint Louis didn’t sell out in 2014 and I believe it was a weekend show with no Chicago show. 
    It was a Friday night. And Chicago had two closer shows coming up in Moline and Milwaukee. I didn't realize that didn't sell out, though. It was virtually sold out then. The place was packed. I bought my seats for that show from stubhub, since I lost the lottery and I didn't find anything from ticketmaster.
    St Louis was my first ever PJ show. Flew there from san diego. I remember it as looking very sold out! Had to get tickets off stub hub too
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,253

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saying that, let's also agree if no announcement this week that would be the shortest notice of a tour in a long time.

Some of the rumored cities are not lock down sell outs, based on history. Not that I dont think this tour wont 100% sell out. It should.

Since the promoter would be shelling out close to $10 million up front to PJ (or on the hook for it), it's in Live Nations best interests to get the announcement and presales rolling and promoted asap if this is indeed real. Somebody please cue the DimiBatSignal.
    What shows don’t sell out?
    i m thinking Ottawa, Nashville, St. Louis , ok city, and one night in la

Any Saturday show will sell out

No way an LA show doesn't sell out
    Neither la show in 2013 sold out.  

As a Brooklyner, I could stare at this comment for decades and not understand.

In Brooklyn one needs to secure a Home Equity Line of Credit to secure a ticket if he or she does not win the lottery.

Brooklyn  is way overdue for a residency.

Not sold out? How is that possible?
    Not enough tickets were sold. ;)

Impossible. They can sell out 20 dates in Brooklyn.
    Not back to back. Maybe one show a month ala Billy Joel style.

I should have taken a screen shot of stub hub 2016 as my memory isn’t what it used to be. Rear stage lowers for MSG Pearl Jam was going for $250 -  300 on stub hub IIRC and lowers in front of stage were $500 and up. Way up.

Billy never commanded prices like that, especially back then when he first started his monthly gigs there. Now he commands more as it’s become a tourist destination show. I could always snag a Billy ticket back before his monthly gigs started. The toughest ticket I’ve ever faced is PJ in NY. Nothing comes close.

the reality is IMO PJ has never fully tapped the market here. Whether they book 2 or 3 shows in the City, it immediately sells out every time. We’ll never know how many they can do until they try. They’d rather travel , load and unload the gear nightly and see different fans from around the world.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Now we're rethinking STL. If OKC happens, that's about the same distance from KC & it would be a cheaper trip because we'd get a place with friends. Hmmm. Once it's official, we'll need to make a choice pretty quickly.
    I am not Matt but I do live in KC and although biased KC has WAY more to offer then STL and a much easier travel situation. We have NO traffic, like ever, we do have I-29,35,70,49, so getting here is pretty straight forward from everywhere. We have one of the best museums in the country and it’s FREE, we have a light rail that connects a large chuck of the downtown area and it’s FREE, we have the Power and Light district (bar zone) which is located right next to the hotel zone, and Westport (better bar zone) which is a 7 minute Uber from P&L and a 5 minute Uber from the Country Club Plaza (amazing Spanish architecture and great restaurants, the Christmas song Kansas City Lights was written about it), plus we have some of the best restaurants in the Midwest and that’s not to even begin about the BBQ). Oh and if Jazz and Baseball are your thing we have the 18th and Vine district with the Negro League Baseball Museum connected to the Jazz Museum (it’s the Hall of Fame of both Jazz and the Negro leagues). Every night you can find music from jazz at the Green Lady Lounge, to rock bands of all types, or a EDM show being thrown in a warehouse in the West Bottoms. All of which is less then 10 minutes apart from each other and virtually all of it has plenty of FREE parking. Stay in STL and have fun in the burbs and enjoy the Applebee’s if that’s your jam. 
    That’s pretty spot on. I go to STL for concerts and if/when the Astros play the Cardinals.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I'm a bit biased, but I think so. STL is a great city, though and we always have fun when we go there. It's primarily my wife's schedule that has me rethinking STL over OKC. 
    Sweet. Always wanted to see a royals game and eat some killer kc bbq.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Quebec City, Hamilton, and of course Toronto will sell out with ease. Ottawa was close in 2016. I bet with a new album it might this go around. 
    Hamilton sold out in 2011 but they didn’t sell seats behind the stage.  All depends on what you consider a sell out.  

If TicketMaster (or whoever the original seller is) runs out of tickets, it's sold out. This includes "day of" drops. If TM resale tickets are available, it's not sold out.

If certain sections aren't made available for sale, they don't count.
    Wasn’t there a tour where they pulled sales for certain sections and put black tarps over them due to low sales? Asia ‘03 (or ‘00)?
    ‘03 (Hershey) and 2010 (Cleveland) definitely had tarps up due to low sales. 

• Options
    smiths24smiths24 Charleston, SC USA Posts: 24
    Hey late to this forum thread; I've been focused on euro tour mostly. So sorry if this is one of those annoying questions, but here goes: how probable is the 3.28 Baltimore show? That would be the only one we could even try to go for in US unless they come back around after euro, which is very unlikely. Thanks. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    smiths24 said:
    Hey late to this forum thread; I've been focused on euro tour mostly. So sorry if this is one of those annoying questions, but here goes: how probable is the 3.28 Baltimore show? That would be the only one we could even try to go for in US unless they come back around after euro, which is very unlikely. Thanks. 
    Fall tour is rumoured as well though nothing solid. Baltimore is a lock I would say. Dimi hinted multiple times about Baltimore as well as a Saturday show. 
  • Options
    jayhawk1912jayhawk1912 Kansas City Posts: 12
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    yes to all of the above plus the best football team (hoping this comment ages well after Sunday)....fingers crossed KC makes the Fall tour list
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Looking to make a run at some of those Canada shows, Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton.  I’ve never been to any of the cities but was wondering if Ottawa would be cool to hang for a a few days?  Any input appreciated 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Looking to make a run at some of those Canada shows, Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton.  I’ve never been to any of the cities but was wondering if Ottawa would be cool to hang for a a few days?  Any input appreciated 
    If you are going to hit Ottawa, may as well hit Quebec City, it's a beautiful city, you won't regret visiting if you've never been
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,536
    Hang in any other city....
  • Options
    If it was me I think one and a half days in Ottawa would be enough to see almost everything you wanted to weather permitting. I would also add Quebec City to your list and would do a Toronto 17th,18th--> Ottawa 19th,20th--> Montreal 21st-->Quebec City 22nd, 23rd --> somewhere close to the highway on the way back to Hamilton 23rd night  --> Hamilton 24th, 25th. Since you are spending the same amount of time anyway. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Sounds like we’re onto city loving/bashing again.   
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    PJNB said:
    If it was me I think one and a half days in Ottawa would be enough to see almost everything you wanted to weather permitting. I would also add Quebec City to your list and would do a Toronto 17th,18th--> Ottawa 19th,20th--> Montreal 21st-->Quebec City 22nd, 23rd --> somewhere close to the highway on the way back to Hamilton 23rd night  --> Hamilton 24th, 25th. Since you are spending the same amount of time anyway. 
    Plus Niagara Falls is only 45 minutes from Hamilton.  It’s a go to for any tourist. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    yes to all of the above plus the best football team (hoping this comment ages well after Sunday)....fingers crossed KC makes the Fall tour list
    I m hoping the Chiefs take it all this year. Kc sounds awesome, I have to get there soon!

• Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 655
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    Plus Niagara Falls is only 45 minutes from Hamilton.  It’s a go to for any tourist. 
    I agree here for sure can do Niagara on the lake as well get some wine tours.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Did a Minnesota, KC and St Louis baseball road trip this past summer.  Other than the ball games the highlight of the trip was the power and lights district.  Great place to have a couple of pops on a Saturday night.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,678
    edited January 2020
    Why can't we Americans just get along?  Why do we feel the need to be superior over each other.  We should just love every city.  Of course, except for New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, St. Louis, those liberals in Portland and Seattle, those gun lovers in Houston and Dallas, has San Francisco floated away yet after an earthquake?, those Tulsa wannabes in Topeka, East Moline (Moline you are cool),  Omaha's little brother Lincoln, and whatever city you are reading this post from. 
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Why can't we Americans just get along?  Why do we feel the need to be superior over each other.  We should just love every city.  Of course, except for New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, St. Louis, those liberals in Portland and Seattle, those gun lovers in Houston and Dallas, has San Francisco floated away yet after an earthquake?, those Tulsa wannabes in Topeka, East Moline (Moline you are cool),  Omaha's little brother Lincoln, and whatever city you are reading this post from. 
    That's how we got to be #1
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited January 2020
    I have family in Kansas City but visitors to St. Louis have many more dining options than Applebee’s.  Clink the link below for evidence.

https://graphics.stltoday.com/apps/stl100-2019/

You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    BeerBaron said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saying that, let's also agree if no announcement this week that would be the shortest notice of a tour in a long time.

Some of the rumored cities are not lock down sell outs, based on history. Not that I dont think this tour wont 100% sell out. It should.

Since the promoter would be shelling out close to $10 million up front to PJ (or on the hook for it), it's in Live Nations best interests to get the announcement and presales rolling and promoted asap if this is indeed real. Somebody please cue the DimiBatSignal.
    STL sells out for sure. Only 4 hours from Chicago. I was thinking Nashville would maybe be the 3rd highest demand behind NYC & Baltimore. 

That had me thinking about Hamilton being my best bet because fewer people have passports and it's further from most bigger cities. I figure mor New Yorkers would venture to the rumored Ottawa/Quebec City shows.

I am:
    5 hours from STL
    6½ hours from Hamilton
    7 hours from Nashville
    Hamilton is less than an hour from the 4th largest city in North America.  
    Assuming we're right, and Hamilton and Toronto are getting one show each, I'm willing to wager they booked Hamilton because Scotiabank Arena was only available one out of 14 nights during that opening two-week period. I could be wrong, and I say this with all due respect to the Hamilton, which is a frickin' great place to see a show (I've seen Pearl Jam, the Who, Springsteen, and Tool x2 at FirstOntario Centre). 
    But yeah...in terms of population, the Golden Horseshoe area has anywhere from 7 to 10 million people, depending on how you're measuring it. Hamilton's basically smack dab in the middle, so while it's not as big a city itself it's in the middle of a massive population base.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Well said.  Every city has pluses and minuses.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    no bashing, I just asked a simple question about KC compared to St. Louis.  All good.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    mcgruff10 said:
    no bashing, I just asked a simple question about KC compared to St. Louis.  All good.
    Oh good, we’ll that’s nice to hear then. Wait... fuck New Jersey!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yup. Simple question. And if any of you guys ever make it to KC, please let me know. You’ve got a place to crash and breweries and BBQ to enjoy!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Any Saturday show will sell out

No way an LA show doesn't sell out
    Neither la show in 2013 sold out.  

As a Brooklyner, I could stare at this comment for decades and not understand.

In Brooklyn one needs to secure a Home Equity Line of Credit to secure a ticket if he or she does not win the lottery.

Brooklyn  is way overdue for a residency.

Not sold out? How is that possible?
    Not enough tickets were sold. ;)

Impossible. They can sell out 20 dates in Brooklyn.
    Not back to back. Maybe one show a month ala Billy Joel style.

I should have taken a screen shot of stub hub 2016 as my memory isn’t what it used to be. Rear stage lowers for MSG Pearl Jam was going for $250 -  300 on stub hub IIRC and lowers in front of stage were $500 and up. Way up.

Billy never commanded prices like that, especially back then when he first started his monthly gigs there. Now he commands more as it’s become a tourist destination show. I could always snag a Billy ticket back before his monthly gigs started. The toughest ticket I’ve ever faced is PJ in NY. Nothing comes close.

the reality is IMO PJ has never fully tapped the market here. Whether they book 2 or 3 shows in the City, it immediately sells out every time. We’ll never know how many they can do until they try. They’d rather travel , load and unload the gear nightly and see different fans from around the world.
    How much of that is scalpers holding tickets that never sell? I assume the high prices absorbs some of the losses.

Hamilton the musical is still the hottest ticket in town. ;) Cheapest ticket I think is $200 with tons of marked up tickets. 8 shows a week for 3 years strong! :p
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Only bashing I saw was the shot at Ottawa... 
  • Options
    NWOntario said:
    BeerBaron said:
    mcgruff10 said:

STL sells out for sure. Only 4 hours from Chicago. I was thinking Nashville would maybe be the 3rd highest demand behind NYC & Baltimore. 

That had me thinking about Hamilton being my best bet because fewer people have passports and it's further from most bigger cities. I figure mor New Yorkers would venture to the rumored Ottawa/Quebec City shows.

I am:
    5 hours from STL
    6½ hours from Hamilton
    7 hours from Nashville
    Hamilton is less than an hour from the 4th largest city in North America.  
    Assuming we're right, and Hamilton and Toronto are getting one show each, I'm willing to wager they booked Hamilton because Scotiabank Arena was only available one out of 14 nights during that opening two-week period. I could be wrong, and I say this with all due respect to the Hamilton, which is a frickin' great place to see a show (I've seen Pearl Jam, the Who, Springsteen, and Tool x2 at FirstOntario Centre). 
    But yeah...in terms of population, the Golden Horseshoe area has anywhere from 7 to 10 million people, depending on how you're measuring it. Hamilton's basically smack dab in the middle, so while it's not as big a city itself it's in the middle of a massive population base.
    Also Ed has a soft spot for the city since it has the same name as his buddy Laird.  He referenced in 2005, 2011 and will probably in 2020 .......HELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!! LAIRD!!!!!!! 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....????