• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    CW55354 said:
    jets521 said:
    CW55354 said:
    duffmann said:
    JimmyV said:
    duffmann said:
    "Almost" a concert announcement on MMR! Stay tuned..... 
    This won't be Pearl Jam.

If you had heard what I heard, yeah...… they (accidentally) mentioned the band. AAAAND something about Monday???

We shall see
    Sirius XM show at the Tower Theater??
    I think The Met would be more likely based on SiriusXM hosting the Phish exclusive concert there last month
    Yeah, I doubt it would be. Just don’t think MMR would be hyped unless there is something local, and I think Philly was ruled out for the spring. Pierre Robert has hosted Sirius XM shows in the past, though I think he traveled elsewhere to do them. I don’t think they would be hyped for NYC shows. Maybe it’s Citizens Park in the fall?
    If there is a Philly/PJ announcement coming, this is likely it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 251
    The Apollo holds 1500. Radio City holds almost 6K. The Met 3500. Anthem in DC is 6K.(if they are playing Baltimore, could the SXM show be in DC?)
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    If we don't hear anything today by 3pm PST, it's highly unlikely that the rumoured tour dates for March/April are happening. Just my opinion. Timing is too tight. 

Just better chances for those who live within a few hours of any location.  I say bring them on in two weeks :) jk. I don't want to get shanked on this forum
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    I think you guys are also reading too much into the band securing their money. It’s Pearl Jam, their promoters aren’t worried. Only thing I’d be worried about is what was mentioned above, selling the stadiums out by giving more time. 4x at Wrigley, 3x at Fenway times 2 shows each...they can do it just might be tougher than usual. Personally I think TD Garden is the way to go, haven’t played there in years and it would be the hottest ticket in Boston
    They haven't been back since they were unable to secure two nights in 2010.
    That was unique issue though with the Bruins and Celtics in deep playoff runs. PJ played 5/17/10. Bruins didn't drop out until 5/14, way too late to add a show and Celts went all the way. But I remember waiting for that 2nd show so badly. Definitely sucked. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    I would say no announcement this week. With Bonnaroo announced today I’d think they would want to let that die down and not be in Bonnaroos wake  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    estarr31 said:
    JP218404 said:
    I mean seriously. They haven’t really toured for a while. They don’t need the lead time to sell out shows. Everyone should be thrilled that it’s a shorter lead time. We aren’t giving live nation a loan for 8 months before a show 

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is the lack of hints or countdown clocks like in previous years. In this era of social media, bands are teasing fans with new album stuff well in advance. Ditto tours. Tool just did this after 13 year album hiatus. All the rumors seem to point to a 1/13 announcement, but I would be surprised if they don't formally tease anything in advance first.
    I don’t understand why we need hints, just announce the tour. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    mcgruff10 said:
    estarr31 said:
    JP218404 said:
    I mean seriously. They haven’t really toured for a while. They don’t need the lead time to sell out shows. Everyone should be thrilled that it’s a shorter lead time. We aren’t giving live nation a loan for 8 months before a show 

The only thing I can't wrap my head around is the lack of hints or countdown clocks like in previous years. In this era of social media, bands are teasing fans with new album stuff well in advance. Ditto tours. Tool just did this after 13 year album hiatus. All the rumors seem to point to a 1/13 announcement, but I would be surprised if they don't formally tease anything in advance first.
    I agree. Just announce the tour already.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 635
    ...Well, glad I've got tickets to Europe.  Panic stations people.  ;-)
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    If no announcement today, then I'm thinking the 13th as well. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    estarr31 said:
    JP218404 said:

Just saying based on their own precedents. At least album-wise. Maybe not so much with a tour. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Been saying all along that if there are any stadium dates in Aug/Sept they will announce those with the spring dates. Just like in 2016.  Then announce any fall arena dates at a later date.
    Also my hunch is there wont be any seattle dates this year.  Why?  Because they will play multiple dates at the new arena there in 2021.  Probably the only N. American dates they do in 2021.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    estarr31 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I think you guys are also reading too much into the band securing their money. It’s Pearl Jam, their promoters aren’t worried. Only thing I’d be worried about is what was mentioned above, selling the stadiums out by giving more time. 4x at Wrigley, 3x at Fenway times 2 shows each...they can do it just might be tougher than usual. Personally I think TD Garden is the way to go, haven’t played there in years and it would be the hottest ticket in Boston
    That was unique issue though with the Bruins and Celtics in deep playoff runs. PJ played 5/17/10. Bruins didn't drop out until 5/14, way too late to add a show and Celts went all the way. But I remember waiting for that 2nd show so badly. Definitely sucked. 
    The simple reason PJ has not played TD is because of GA.  Allowed at Worcester, not at Boston (barring special exceptions).
  • Options

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,570
    JimmyV said:
    March 16th 10C. March 17th public sale. March 18th tour start. Book it.
    No tickets, just GA lines and sales at the door. 
    Id be stuck behind the guy who has to use 6 cards to complete the transaction.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,191
    CopperTom said:
    estarr31 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The simple reason PJ has not played TD is because of GA.  Allowed at Worcester, not at Boston (barring special exceptions).
    DEC 2018 went to Mumford & Sons and DMB shows, both had GA Floors
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:
    Like me at the Fenway merch line....posters running out and dude in front of me wants to try on shirts
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dmbolp said:
    CopperTom said:
    estarr31 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah I think the GA restriction was a Fenway specific issue. 

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    this tour is happening. this is still the best fan club regardless of no singles or deep.  the rest is petty stuff by now even for those that are right. i don't care anymore. just excited to see the band hopefully. its always about the music the rest is gravy. thanks 10c. ( for those that don't agree i recommend don't sweat the small stuff)
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    Vedd Hedd said:
    JimmyV said:
    Like me at the Fenway merch line....posters running out and dude in front of me wants to try on shirts
    Yikes!!! 
    Things were different then
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    If we don't hear anything today by 3pm PST, it's highly unlikely that the rumoured tour dates for March/April are happening. Just my opinion. Timing is too tight. 
    Facebook is leaking...
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Facebook is leaking...
    Where?
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    I bet they're actually waiting for this thread to hit 300 pages, not the previously reported 200. Duh.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,333
    How does anyone have the time to keep up with this thread? I'll just wait to see the official post from 10C or an email...or Alt Nation :)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    dmbolp said:
    CopperTom said:
    estarr31 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, I saw Black Keys and U2 there with GA
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,570
    Facebook is leaking...
    Where?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Facebook is leaking...
    What have you seen?

• Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    dead silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,949
    JimmyV said:
    Facebook is leaking...
    What have you seen?
    I think they meant (and I may be wrong) that the skepticism from FB is coming through here.  I rarely look at FB, but from what I've heard, they all seem to think that this potential tour is just a hoax. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Facebook is leaking...
    What have you seen?
    I think they meant (and I may be wrong) that the skepticism from FB is coming through here.  I rarely look at FB, but from what I've heard, they all seem to think that this potential tour is just a hoax. 
    Well, yesterday I learned that apparently Finland doesn't exist. Or at least that was the conspiracy theory. It's an entertaining search online. Entertaining for how stupid it is. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Facebook is leaking...
    What have you seen?
    Ah, I see.