Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 106
    Montrealer here, if you have to choose between Ottawa and QC city, which would you choose? And which would be easier to get tickets for?
  • Options
    Manu117 said:
    Montrealer here, if you have to choose between Ottawa and QC city, which would you choose? And which would be easier to get tickets for?
    Odds will show you which will be easier
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,053
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sounds like we’re onto city loving/bashing again.   
    no bashing, I just asked a simple question about KC compared to St. Louis.  All good.
    Oh good, we’ll that’s nice to hear then. Wait... fuck New Jersey!
    Come to New Jersey and I ll show you the best pizza places around. It s not like any of that cardboard stuff they serve in Austin. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    mcgruff10 said:
    no bashing, I just asked a simple question about KC compared to St. Louis.  All good.
    I'm gonna have to read back through this. I thought everyone agreed Jersey got lumped in with the five burroughs. Why you no fuck Ohio in the fall?

Things were different then
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Now we're rethinking STL. If OKC happens, that's about the same distance from KC & it would be a cheaper trip because we'd get a place with friends. Hmmm. Once it's official, we'll need to make a choice pretty quickly.
    Matt, would you say kc is nicer than St. Louis? 
    I am not Matt but I do live in KC and although biased KC has WAY more to offer then STL and a much easier travel situation. We have NO traffic, like ever, we do have I-29,35,70,49, so getting here is pretty straight forward from everywhere. We have one of the best museums in the country and it’s FREE, we have a light rail that connects a large chuck of the downtown area and it’s FREE, we have the Power and Light district (bar zone) which is located right next to the hotel zone, and Westport (better bar zone) which is a 7 minute Uber from P&L and a 5 minute Uber from the Country Club Plaza (amazing Spanish architecture and great restaurants, the Christmas song Kansas City Lights was written about it), plus we have some of the best restaurants in the Midwest and that’s not to even begin about the BBQ). Oh and if Jazz and Baseball are your thing we have the 18th and Vine district with the Negro League Baseball Museum connected to the Jazz Museum (it’s the Hall of Fame of both Jazz and the Negro leagues). Every night you can find music from jazz at the Green Lady Lounge, to rock bands of all types, or a EDM show being thrown in a warehouse in the West Bottoms. All of which is less then 10 minutes apart from each other and virtually all of it has plenty of FREE parking. Stay in STL and have fun in the burbs and enjoy the Applebee’s if that’s your jam. 
    being a st louisian i would say on the whole this is true for the most part.

we had union station just open a few weeks ago, which is right next to the arena. it has the new aquarium and ferris wheel. yeah our traffic sucks during the week but on the weekend everything is fine. the city is much cleaner than it used to be. just avoid northwest st louis and you will be fine.

the applebees comment was pretty ridiculous though. if you dig italian food anything on the hill is amazing. plus there are great steakhouses downtown and in the county. our bbq is not bad. i would put pappy's burnt ends up against anything i have ever had in kc.

i will say at least pearl jam has played st louis in the last 10 years.

i keeeeed.... :lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    so practical question.

are we doing the GA number written on the hand thing???
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    so practical question.

I already have 1 tattooed on my hand
  • Options
    so practical question.

I already have 1 tattooed on my hand
    :lol:

• Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226
    so practical question.

Nothing has changed, so why not???
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,432
    so practical question.

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/271970/there-is-no-list-number-system-for-10c-ga-lines

I don't think the band like the numbering thing. 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Come to New Jersey and I ll show you the best pizza places around. It s not like any of that cardboard stuff they serve in Austin. ;)
    Just went to Santillo’s in Elizabeth. Absolutely incredible  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    Why can't we Americans just get along?  Why do we feel the need to be superior over each other.  We should just love every city.  Of course, except for New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, St. Louis, those liberals in Portland and Seattle, those gun lovers in Houston and Dallas, has San Francisco floated away yet after an earthquake?, those Tulsa wannabes in Topeka, East Moline (Moline you are cool),  Omaha's little brother Lincoln, and whatever city you are reading this post from. 

America is at least two separate and distinct countries. With completely separate philosophies how we should treat one another and what our collective role should be to make things better.

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    DEGBTI said:
    Sarava said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saint Louis didn’t sell out in 2014 and I believe it was a weekend show with no Chicago show. 
    It was a Friday night. And Chicago had two closer shows coming up in Moline and Milwaukee. I didn't realize that didn't sell out, though. It was virtually sold out then. The place was packed. I bought my seats for that show from stubhub, since I lost the lottery and I didn't find anything from ticketmaster.
    St Louis was my first ever PJ show. Flew there from san diego. I remember it as looking very sold out! Had to get tickets off stub hub too
    Yeah. When I bought tickets, either there wasn't anything available from ticketmaster, or only seats behind the stage? I wasn't going to drive 5 hours each way to sit behind the stage. But even behind the stage looked crowded as I recall. They played Last Kiss to the crowd behind them.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    I was just looking at my lottery entries for the 2014 tour. It was my first tour as a fan club member getting tickets, and I didn't make my choices wisely. I got lucky that I did get my first choice of Moline GA. Very lucky. I could of easily of gotten completely shut out. But my 2nd choice was St. Louis GA - which I now know was a wasted pick and never had a chance. 3rd choice was Moline Reserved, 4th choice was St. Louis reserved. When I missed out on St. Louis all together - instead of $156 for a pair from 10C - I spent $300 for a pair from stubhub. Costly lesson.
  • Options
    FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 916
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You'd have to take them to New Haven CT. for that!

04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Viva pepe’s!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Heading up for a weekend trip to Mohegan sun so will be definitely stopping at Frank Pepe s!
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 805
    mcgruff10 said:

Heading up for a weekend trip to Mohegan sun so will be definitely stopping at Frank Pepe s!
    They have one at Mohegan now so no need to stop ;)
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Hope today is the day! Bring on the announcement 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    marjen said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Just as good as the original in new haven?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Today is the tomorrow you dreamed about yesterday.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    Friday or Monday.  Or maybe Thursday. Possibly Saturday or Wednesday.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    marjen said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Just as good as the original in new haven?
    IMO- NO

there is one is Yonkers too. Still very good but not new haven
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    JimmyV said:
    Today is the tomorrow you dreamed about yesterday.
    Hallelujah!!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    Still can't believe we have an album coming in a couple of months and a spring tour on the way. Still no countdown or hype behind it from anything official though. Lets go!
  • Options
    Dimi has been quiet the past few days on this thread
  • Options
    Dimi has been quiet the past few days on this thread

Somebody please launch the DimiBatSignal 
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    Looking to make a run at some of those Canada shows, Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton.  I’ve never been to any of the cities but was wondering if Ottawa would be cool to hang for a a few days?  Any input appreciated 
    Quebec City is Canada’s most beautiful city IMO.  And Ottawa isn’t much fun. 
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    Hoping today. Expecting Monday. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Hoping today. Expecting Monday. 

Allowing a week for TC and promoter presales, that would leave 8 weeks from public onsale to first show . 

It was interesting reading everyone's recollections of which shows sold out, my point was it's not in the promoter's best interest to have a shorter on sale time period.

They've been working on these dates for at least a month and most  likely since at least when Europe was announced.

Not sure what the benefit is having nearly two week additional delay after holidays ended.