2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    jimfish said:
    I'll go back to the GA problems - and know that PJ also reads these forums to keep the pulse of what we're thinking.   IN THE ROUND show removes all of the rail bully issues and would give us all a totally new PJ experience.  Metallica has been doing it for years successfully and it is an amazing experience.   Would love to hear more voices call for a new stage set rather than some new process for managing chaos.     
    Dave Grohl birthday show IN THE ROUND at The Forum was a blast! Stage rotated....everyone happy...
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,539
    mcgruff10 said:
    I absolutely love U2 but fail to see why you need to see them multiple times a tour.  I mean they literally play the same set and say the same lines every night. Too scripted for me.  Just my two cents. 
    I absolutely love (this other band) who changes about ten original songs on the setlist nightly but fail to see why you need to see them multiple times a tour.  I mean they literally play nine covers a show and shine white lights into the fan's eyes. And the singer says different lines every night. Lots of them. In between gulps of red wine. Not scripted enough for me.  Just my two cents. 

;-)
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    jimfish said:
    I'll go back to the GA problems - and know that PJ also reads these forums to keep the pulse of what we're thinking.   IN THE ROUND show removes all of the rail bully issues and would give us all a totally new PJ experience.  Metallica has been doing it for years successfully and it is an amazing experience.   Would love to hear more voices call for a new stage set rather than some new process for managing chaos.     
    Dave Grohl birthday show IN THE ROUND at The Forum was a blast! Stage rotated....everyone happy...
    IDK if I could see PJ doing a Metallica/Muse style in-the-round production. Too much choreography 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
    edited January 2020
    jimfish said:

Interesting idea. I'd sign up for that. They play with fans behind them in the states anyway. But something about old dogs and new tricks, not getting hopes up.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mcgruff10 said:
    I absolutely love U2 but fail to see why you need to see them multiple times a tour.  I mean they literally play the same set and say the same lines every night. Too scripted for me.  Just my two cents. 
    I absolutely love (this other band) who changes about ten original songs on the setlist nightly but fail to see why you need to see them multiple times a tour.  I mean they literally play nine covers a show and shine white lights into the fan's eyes. And the singer says different lines every night. Lots of them. In between gulps of red wine. Not scripted enough for me.  Just my two cents. 

;-)
    I never pegged you as a nickelback fan.  Cool cool. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Does anyone think the NHL playoffs starting on April 8 could cause some weird routing for the west dates? The combination of the OKC date, the Avs and Coyotes both on pace pace for home ice advantage in the first round and the 4/13 SD date is making me think something like this might be possible? I don't see PJ playing Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix since the only venues they've played since making the jump to arenas and sheds have been Ak-Chin Pavilion and Gila River Arena.

4/6-OKC
    4/8-Denver
    4/10-LA
    4/11-LA
    4/13-San Diego
    4/15-Phoenix
    4/18-Oakland
    4/19-Oakland
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    jimfish said:

I’d be for that. Maybe for Last Kiss they could do that Kanye floating stage thing. 
    Does anyone think the NHL playoffs starting on April 8 could cause some weird routing for the west dates? The combination of the OKC date, the Avs and Coyotes both on pace pace for home ice advantage in the first round and the 4/13 SD date is making me think something like this might be possible? I don't see PJ playing Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix since the only venues they've played since making the jump to arenas and sheds have been Ak-Chin Pavilion and Gila River Arena.

4/6-OKC
    4/8-Denver
    4/10-LA
    4/11-LA
    4/13-San Diego
    4/15-Phoenix
    4/18-Oakland
    4/19-Oakland
    My original thought...LA 4/10-11
  • SM187650SM187650 Posts: 772
    Nice to see LA rumors going back to 10-11. Either way sign me up!! 
  • Does anyone think the NHL playoffs starting on April 8 could cause some weird routing for the west dates? The combination of the OKC date, the Avs and Coyotes both on pace pace for home ice advantage in the first round and the 4/13 SD date is making me think something like this might be possible? I don't see PJ playing Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix since the only venues they've played since making the jump to arenas and sheds have been Ak-Chin Pavilion and Gila River Arena.

4/6-OKC
    4/8-Denver
    4/10-LA
    4/11-LA
    4/13-San Diego
    4/15-Phoenix
    4/18-Oakland
    4/19-Oakland
    Denver will be Monday the 6th.  
    107 Shows and counting
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    edited January 2020
    Does anyone think the NHL playoffs starting on April 8 could cause some weird routing for the west dates? The combination of the OKC date, the Avs and Coyotes both on pace pace for home ice advantage in the first round and the 4/13 SD date is making me think something like this might be possible? I don't see PJ playing Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix since the only venues they've played since making the jump to arenas and sheds have been Ak-Chin Pavilion and Gila River Arena.

4/6-OKC
    4/8-Denver
    4/10-LA
    4/11-LA
    4/13-San Diego
    4/15-Phoenix
    4/18-Oakland
    4/19-Oakland
    No they won’t.  Generally venues will book a single date for a concert during NHL/NBA playoffs and the sports teams will schedule around that date.  

Where there could be an issue is booking two dates in a row, which is what happened with Toronto in 2016.  The only rumoured cities getting two shows are LA and Oakland, so depending on the venue in LA they might have an issue. 
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC

4/6-OKC
    4/8-Denver
    4/10-LA
    4/11-LA
    4/13-San Diego
    4/15-Phoenix
    4/18-Oakland
    4/19-Oakland
    Denver will be Monday the 6th.  
    If the dates are set and booked, the NHL dates will have to work around them. It's happened before. I know Denver and OKC have bounced around on here, but it seems many believe Denver is on the 6th anyway, and that wouldn't matter. Phoenix I think will be the biggest issue. But the NHL also tends to play every other day so it's easy to figure out their schedule if it happens, both home and road. Las Vegas could be another if it is in play.

4/6-OKC
    4/8-Denver
    4/10-LA
    4/11-LA
    4/13-San Diego
    4/15-Phoenix
    4/18-Oakland
    4/19-Oakland
    (New here, but not new to PJ - take this for what it's worth) Fall of '14, they zig-zagged the midwest a bunch because of ACL. OKC could be before or after Denver. Same with LA/SD. 
  • ZeldaZonk said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    They have not announced anything yet....
    Ok Boomer. 

;)
    That should be on a tour shirt this year....
    I’m lining up now.  

I am getting a tattoo on my hand of my GA line position.
    Are the list, the hand marks, and the people controlling this still a thing? Is it worth it to try and line up for GA if you’re not part of this strange system? Just curious if others have had negative experiences with lining up for GA early.

I heard it was a real problem last year at the Seattle stadium shows. Something about a van full of Aussies who have also been doing in at Wrigley. It was in one of the threads, so I think it's still a problem. 
    You should have heard them at Wrigley around the rain delay. They were clearing everyone out of the GA section and one of the alpha male types (a tall bald headed dude) was outwardly threatening to beat the fuck out of anyone who tried to take his spot when they allowed people back on the field. It felt very safe great to be around such scum. I get the annoyances, but we were all subject to the shitshow that was the 2nd Wrigley rain delay. But we all knew something like that was a risk the day of the show. That clown at the very least should have been removed from the stadium. 

Not sure if he was Aussie or not, but he was front & center and seemed to be with a decent sized group of people, sooo...
    I saw that dude, it was unbelievable how hard he was trying to be intimidating lol.  Aside from that, It was very off putting listening to all the arguing BEFORE the delay...so we just hung back.  It was kind of a bummer with it being my first non festival GA and my wife’s first GA at all.  Not worth having yourself kicked out for someone trying to fight you.  Sad reality is that even assholes listen to Pearl Jam, and their numbers seem to be growing in recent years.
    I'm glad (but sad) someone else here witnessed that ass hat. It was my girlfriend and my 2nd time in GA. Hopefully it is better at an arena.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

;-)

Close.

More of a Staind fan. At least they can pick a decent cover

http://youtu.be/ALu5cl6iV8Y
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

;-)

Close.

This thread just keeps on bringin’ it!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

;-)

Close.

Hasn't been much of value in a long time. Please bring on the announcement.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    edited January 2020
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

;-)

Close.

Seriously? We have practically the full itinerary. Another new spring date provided yesterday.

And this thread provided links to the PJ socials hinting of an imminent announcement within the last 24 hours.

Until then we're killing time waiting for the forthcoming news this week.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

;-)

Close.

Seriously? We have practically the full itinerary. Another new spring date provided yesterday.

And this thread provided links to the PJ socials hinting of an imminent announcement within the last 24 hours.

Until then we're killing time waiting for the forthcoming news this week.
    All while listening to staind.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    what hints at an imminent announcement? I mean we know its coming but I have yet to see hints. MSG shots and Fenway shots are not that imo. 
  • Springsteen method is the best.  There should also be an area like the heart (u2 tour) where you can get in if you are one of the first 500 or so. Finally, I do think long time club members who want GA should get access to a this area.
  • Noload said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

;-)

Close.

PJ coming to Sacramento...bank on it! In other news...has anybody heard of Howard Stern? And what is is relevance today? 
    How often do they post live shots at MSG? 

DPJ dropping the okc hint after a very slow week plus for updates and those live shots gave me a least a sense they are getting ready to release the hounds. I could be wrong. Usually am. Ask my SO.

Ok, back to staind.
    JB273578 said:
    Springsteen method is the best.  There should also be an area like the heart (u2 tour) where you can get in if you are one of the first 500 or so. Finally, I do think long time club members who want GA should get access to a this area.

Rocking out to rearview mirror in a giant heart???

All due respect to other giants u2 and Bruce, but they are a completely different animal from PJ.

Said 1,2,3,4,5,
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    Beware of the urban outdoorsmen this year when you line up for GA. They've become quite emboldened.  Also, make sure to get your name on the fan run list as soon as you can day of. There are no rules other than get on the list.  ;)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    Noload said:
    Beware of the urban outdoorsmen this year when you line up for GA. They've become quite emboldened.  Also, make sure to get your name on the fan run list as soon as you can day of. There are no rules other than get on the list.  ;)
    Or... don't worry about it and walk in 30minutes before show
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    mcgruff10 said:

Close.

this fuckin' guy
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Noload said:
    Or... don't worry about it and walk in 30minutes before show
    That’s what I always do & im usually 5-10 “rows” back & not annoyed or stressed out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838

Friend:  "So what did you do in Budapest before the show?"

PJ Fan:  "Hung out in a parking lot."

Friend:  "You're an imbecile."

PJ fans are the best. 

• Yeah there’ll definitely be some awesome encounters with urban campers for folks crazy enough to wait in a line the night before.  I’d suggest a small caliber plinker and to aim for the legs- you never know when you’ll get a bucket of warm diarrhea dumped on yer dome.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.