2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• smaksmak Posts: 232
    dr122931 said:
    How the hell does the state of Oklahoma have three shows in the past several years, but Houston doesn’t get one?

I think it's because going to OKC on a tour of the US isn't a giant 500 mile detour south.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    You know those hypothetical percentages of cities of a fantasy tour?

As I said above, it's about getting as many tickets to as many shows as possible. It's a basic outline of getting a group in to several shows. The group would obviously be split up during the show, assuming they don't try for trades, but being *in* the venue is what counts.

Understood.  I don’t have a problem with it as long as they aren’t cheating (creating multiple accounts for one person as an example).  A friend and I were ticket buddies for some of the 2016 shows.  I put in for one MSG show as my top choice and Philly as my 2nd choice.  She did the same for the other shows at those venues.  We only tried for Reserved and got all 4 shows.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    stanudes said:
    Crazy idea that would piss off a lot of tenured members, but would raise a ton of money for charity. 
    Imagine if PJ auctioned off some low, expired (no longer active) 10C membership numbers. 
    Think of how much money they could raise for their foundations. 
    How much would someone pay to never have to worry about the lottery again for great reserved seating?
    Wouldn’t ever happen, but just a thought I’ve had in my head for some time. 

There's a few things going on here:
    I guess I'd be tenured. My 279XXX is from Jan 2003 and I wouldn't be happy.

There really are "two" numbers. There's the one you see and a sort of "actual" one...what they need to do is "defrag" the system and everyone gets to move up into the gaps.

The second bold bit implies that lower numbers have an effect on lotto odds. They don't.
    I hope they never change the tenure rule. It’s why I keep paying my dues every year despite knowing they are touring less and less. If tenure means nothing, I’d just let it lapse and re-up when we get the hint to make sure memberships are up to date and so would a bunch of other people, costing the Ten Club money. It would be very risky for Pearl Jam to offer some kind of guarantee to people paying more, not only because it would piss off literally thousands of long time members, who at this point have paid hundreds of dollars in dues over the coarse of decades, but also because, let’s face it, there’s no guarantee Pearl Jam tours with any regularity to make it worth the expense. Think of how pissed off people are about the fan club single delays and imagine if they don’t tour regularly. 
    I don’t use Instagram because I’m male, can someone post a pic?
    Isn't that WHY you should use instagram.  Because there's a bunch of women on there. :)
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    smak said:
    dr122931 said:
    How the hell does the state of Oklahoma have three shows in the past several years, but Houston doesn’t get one?

I think it's because going to OKC on a tour of the US isn't a giant 500 mile detour south.
    At the Dallas show in 03’ Ed mentioned Houston has the president (in a very annoyed voice), San Antonio has the basketball team, and Dallas has the voices. Something like that. I’ve always felt that Houston has not received the attention a major market like it is should because of the Bush association...who knows? If Houston gets left out again in the Fall leg it would be a bit of a head scratcher.
  • JW269453 said:
    smak said:
    dr122931 said:

At the Dallas show in 03’ Ed mentioned Houston has the president (in a very annoyed voice), San Antonio has the basketball team, and Dallas has the voices. Something like that. I’ve always felt that Houston has not received the attention a major market like it is should because of the Bush association...who knows? If Houston gets left out again in the Fall leg it would be a bit of a head scratcher.
    Houston just gets killed by radius clauses for Jazzfest, Voodoo, and ACL. 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    JW269453 said:
    smak said:
    dr122931 said:

Houston just gets killed by radius clauses for Jazzfest, Voodoo, and ACL. 
    Good info, wasn’t aware of that. 
  • I was told by someone who is in the know of Houston activities that PJ is here in the fall after seeing my gf wear a PJ shirt at a get together we had last night. I recently moved to Houston and had hopes they would play here in the fall. After chatting it up with him, I got a lot more confidence with it. 

Hoping for a Baltimore and OKC or PHX trip this fall! 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Does anyone else think spring 2020 seems crazy for a US tour? Shouldn’t it be spring 2021 after the euro tour? 
    Nope, not at all.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pulling69pulling69 Posts: 983
    smak said:
    I don’t use Instagram because I’m male, can someone post a pic?
    Isn't that WHY you should use instagram.  Because there's a bunch of women on there. :)

Eh, they can show a LOT more on Twitter...or so I have heard.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    I was told by someone who is in the know of Houston activities that PJ is here in the fall after seeing my gf wear a PJ shirt at a get together we had last night. I recently moved to Houston and had hopes they would play here in the fall. After chatting it up with him, I got a lot more confidence with it. 

Fall = Texas
    edited January 2020

There really are "two" numbers. There's the one you see and a sort of "actual" one...what they need to do is "defrag" the system and everyone gets to move up into the gaps.

The second bold bit implies that lower numbers have an effect on lotto odds. They don't.

My 71xxx is one of my most prized possessions.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    stanudes said:
    Crazy idea that would piss off a lot of tenured members, but would raise a ton of money for charity. 
    Imagine if PJ auctioned off some low, expired (no longer active) 10C membership numbers. 
    How much would someone pay to never have to worry about the lottery again for great reserved seating?
    Soooooo, a bunch of people that have enough money to throw around get to buy their way ahead of thousands of us?!??  No thanks. Sorry but this would be an awful idea. 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    They have not announced anything yet....
    Ok Boomer. 

;)
    That should be on a tour shirt this year....
    I’m lining up now.  

I am getting a tattoo on my hand of my GA line position.
  • on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Ok Boomer. 

;)
    I’m lining up now.  

Are the list, the hand marks, and the people controlling this still a thing? Is it worth it to try and line up for GA if you’re not part of this strange system? Just curious if others have had negative experiences with lining up for GA early. 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Posts: 614
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Ok Boomer. 

;)
    I’m lining up now.  

Are the list, the hand marks, and the people controlling this still a thing? Is it worth it to try and line up for GA if you’re not part of this strange system? Just curious if others have had negative experiences with lining up for GA early.

I heard it was a real problem last year at the Seattle stadium shows. Something about a van full of Aussies who have also been doing in at Wrigley. It was in one of the threads, so I think it's still a problem. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2020
    ZeldaZonk said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Ok Boomer. 

;)
    I’m lining up now.  

I heard it was a real problem last year at the Seattle stadium shows. Something about a van full of Aussies who have also been doing in at Wrigley. It was in one of the threads, so I think it's still a problem. 
    It was a real problem in Europe in 2018 as well, although we never noticed anything specifically where I was. In Prague I went into the mall attached to the 02 to take a piss and noticed a Gordie Howe banner and thought “WTF?”  After coming back from the can I noticed out of the corner of my eye a fake dasherboard with a fake hockey player in Czech National Team colours off the 2nd floor railing in the mall.  Well I’ll be damned if the Czech Hockey Hall of Fame isn’t right there in the mall.  So with my wife in line I took an hour and checked it out (I texted her).
    i suppose this flies in the face of the lineup rules but a) it was unintentional really and b)we were pretty far back so it wasn’t too consequential. 

NOTE: The concert was on Canada Day and I was wearing the flag as a cape.  The folks in the Czech Hall of Fame were very interested in my thoughts on the Hall and Czech players.  I recommend anyone in Prague near the arena “Czech it out” 😎👍🇨🇦 🇨🇿 🏒 🥅 .
    Lots of cool Hasek/Jagr stuff

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • ZeldaZonk said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Ok Boomer. 

;)
    I’m lining up now.  

You should have heard them at Wrigley around the rain delay. They were clearing everyone out of the GA section and one of the alpha male types (a tall bald headed dude) was outwardly threatening to beat the fuck out of anyone who tried to take his spot when they allowed people back on the field. It felt very safe great to be around such scum. I get the annoyances, but we were all subject to the shitshow that was the 2nd Wrigley rain delay. But we all knew something like that was a risk the day of the show. That clown at the very least should have been removed from the stadium. 

Not sure if he was Aussie or not, but he was front & center and seemed to be with a decent sized group of people, sooo...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JDime20 said:
    Does anyone else think spring 2020 seems crazy for a US tour? Shouldn’t it be spring 2021 after the euro tour? 
    What would make Spring 2020 crazy? Just looking for some context around the ask. 
    Seems kind of sudden, not a lot of time to plan. Book rooms, buy plane tickets, schedule days off ETC.....
    Bands/Tours don't care about the fans that travel...they basically book for the fans in the area....if it's inconvenient for some to make travel plans, that doesn't bother the tour manager/booking people/band/etc....
    I was told that directly by Bruce Springsteen's tour manager......George Travis
     I think he told u the half truth. 
    It's business and they book where the promoter pays them. Not for local or travel fans. 
    And its fine actually. 
    Noone will book their band to play where there is risk lose money than make money same goes for promoters. 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460
    I was told by someone who is in the know of Houston activities that PJ is here in the fall after seeing my gf wear a PJ shirt at a get together we had last night. I recently moved to Houston and had hopes they would play here in the fall. After chatting it up with him, I got a lot more confidence with it. 

Wow.   I live here and I’ve heard a number of rumors in the past 10 or so years that haven’t come to fruition.  Yes, the radius clause does hurt us as someone mentioned.  But, bands who play jazz, voodoo, and acl have had headlining shows at Toyota and woodlands many times.  Though I know radius clauses can be negotiated differently and more strict buyouts for headliners. 

Out of curiosity, is your person just speculating or is there solid info? What venue?   Toyota I’d assume?
  • Need to get dates soon for my PTO request. 😬
    Hoping to make some Cali or Phoenix shows. 😃
    Welcome aboard!
    Thanks! Been a 10c member for a year but a fan since the beginning. My first post in the forum. 😊
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
  • @dimitrispearljam

Have all the cities for the spring tour been identified on here? Thanks!
  • Anyone looking for an Ottawa ticket partner? PM me.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    vedpunk said:

Fall = Texas
    This is good news! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • marcPJfanmarcPJfan Posts: 821
    Mumford & Sons played ACL and Toyota center in Houston so it’s definitely possible to play both.
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23, 05/16/24, 08/29/24, 08/31/24, 09/15/24, 09/17/24
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,539

CW55354 said:
    stanudes said:

I hope they never change the tenure rule. It’s why I keep paying my dues every year despite knowing they are touring less and less. If tenure means nothing, I’d just let it lapse and re-up when we get the hint to make sure memberships are up to date and so would a bunch of other people, costing the Ten Club money. It would be very risky for Pearl Jam to offer some kind of guarantee to people paying more, not only because it would piss off literally thousands of long time members, who at this point have paid hundreds of dollars in dues over the coarse of decades, but also because, let’s face it, there’s no guarantee Pearl Jam tours with any regularity to make it worth the expense. Think of how pissed off people are about the fan club single delays and imagine if they don’t tour regularly. 

I agree with you but the right thing to do would be to solve the no notice obstructed view issue, especially if there is no GA draw like Fenway. At time of purchase inform the buyer if the seats are obstructed. MLB.com had obstructed view notices on the original public on sale for specific Fenway tickets, TC did not. So we might see some new fine print on the rules next time.

An option to solve would be to allocate a small pool- 500 decent full view  seats (not the best) into its own random draw and reciprocate the same number GA tickets in a draw weighted in favor of the tenured numbers. No tenured fans get hurt by that, it actually would help. And it gives newer members an option to actually “see” the band or their screens. 

The way the system is now for shows like Fenway has zero options for higher numbers and punishes fans that buy on “faith.”

let the bashing commence.

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    JDime20 said:
    What would make Spring 2020 crazy? Just looking for some context around the ask. 
    Seems kind of sudden, not a lot of time to plan. Book rooms, buy plane tickets, schedule days off ETC.....
    Bands/Tours don't care about the fans that travel...they basically book for the fans in the area....if it's inconvenient for some to make travel plans, that doesn't bother the tour manager/booking people/band/etc....
    I was told that directly by Bruce Springsteen's tour manager......George Travis
     I think he told u the half truth. 
    It's business and they book where the promoter pays them. Not for local or travel fans. 
    And its fine actually. 
    Noone will book their band to play where there is risk lose money than make money same goes for promoters. 
    My point had nothing to do with bands making money. 
    The point is... when someone says "not enough time to make plans for travel" the tour manager and planning is not made with traveling fans in mind. They know a certain number will travel but that's not important when deciding how far in advance to announce dates.
    I've been seeing concerts for 40 years...I KNOW it's about $$

• CW55354 said:
    stanudes said:

I agree with you but the right thing to do would be to solve the no notice obstructed view issue, especially if there is no GA draw like Fenway. At time of purchase inform the buyer if the seats are obstructed. MLB.com had obstructed view notices on the original public on sale for specific Fenway tickets, TC did not. So we might see some new fine print on the rules next time.

An option to solve would be to allocate a small pool- 500 decent full view  seats (not the best) into its own random draw and reciprocate the same number GA tickets in a draw weighted in favor of the tenured numbers. No tenured fans get hurt by that, it actually would help. And it gives newer members an option to actually “see” the band or their screens. 

The way the system is now for shows like Fenway has zero options for higher numbers and punishes fans that buy on “faith.”

let the bashing commence.

I doubt there will be any bashing. This thread has proved to be pretty accepting of differing opinions. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,539
    ZeldaZonk said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Ok Boomer. 

;)
    I’m lining up now.  

You should have heard them at Wrigley around the rain delay. They were clearing everyone out of the GA section and one of the alpha male types (a tall bald headed dude) was outwardly threatening to beat the fuck out of anyone who tried to take his spot when they allowed people back on the field. It felt very safe great to be around such scum. I get the annoyances, but we were all subject to the shitshow that was the 2nd Wrigley rain delay. But we all knew something like that was a risk the day of the show. That clown at the very least should have been removed from the stadium. 

Not sure if he was Aussie or not, but he was front & center and seemed to be with a decent sized group of people, sooo...

What a system, everyone should feel safe enjoying a show with fellow members.