2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    How many days after announcement do they start the 10c lottery and then regular TM sale?
    I need to figure out a bunch of stuff before choosing. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sounds like the apollo will be a greatest hits gig.  
    Yup 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    RS151862 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    “That’s not the Apollo” with an MSG picture. So is the xm bonus show may be  at MSG? 

First solid hint in a while was this morning and PJ IGs a pic of them under the iconic MSG rotunda.

Announcement Monday!

Holy crap wife wants to go OKC! No direct flights she’s on Amtrak. Only a cool $1000 for a sleeper. What a hot mess America can be.
    Unless Sirius changes what they have done for every special event show in NYC,  it should be at the Apollo with a headline show at MSG. 
    Yup.  I think dimi meant to watch that siriusxm instagram over the next little while for a clue
    He just said “nice post” and assuming was talking about the MSG photo that had been posted. 

Regardless it will be showtime at the Apollo.  
    The Apollo is in a perfect neighborhood to camp out in.  

I thought Sirius sends out invites for a chance at tickets? Just had a circular discussion with SO to find out if she is getting Sirius emails.

Sirius shows are basically corporate gigs with little to no public access. They’ll do some ticket giveaways.
    BF got to be a +1 for a friend who won Bruce at The Apollo. He said best part es the venue... the shows there aren't usually epic. 
    I guess it depends if the band gives a shit or not. Big U2 fans would probably say theirs was the best show they did that year. 
    As my BF has seen Bruce more than 450 times, he said it definitely was about the time/place and the show was OK. I have several U2 friends who went to that and yes, they GUSHED. ..but I have been a fan of "Old" U2 and to me they lost their magic a few albums ago (although they really know how to do a spectacular stage show)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited January 2020
    Melzombie said:
    How many days after announcement do they start the 10c lottery and then regular TM sale?
    I need to figure out a bunch of stuff before choosing. 

You could enter the lotto right away when Europe 2020 was announced and the lotto draw was 3-4 days later.  The public onsale will probably be 5-7 days from the announcement, and a day or two after the lotto is drawn. 

I would say you'd have 2 days minimum and 4 days maximum to enter the lotto.

• SU25397SU25397 Posts: 41
    Dream killer

Brisk. said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brisk. said:
    Someone make a new rumour thread. Time to abort this one.
    Why?  There s nothing wrong with this one. 
    It's all about explaining to people how the lottery works and how to book a hotel and how people are worried about getting tickets to a show that doesn't exist yet.

• JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    RS151862 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    “That’s not the Apollo” with an MSG picture. So is the xm bonus show may be  at MSG? 

First solid hint in a while was this morning and PJ IGs a pic of them under the iconic MSG rotunda.

Announcement Monday!

Holy crap wife wants to go OKC! No direct flights she’s on Amtrak. Only a cool $1000 for a sleeper. What a hot mess America can be.
    Unless Sirius changes what they have done for every special event show in NYC,  it should be at the Apollo with a headline show at MSG. 
    Yup.  I think dimi meant to watch that siriusxm instagram over the next little while for a clue
    He just said “nice post” and assuming was talking about the MSG photo that had been posted. 

I thought Sirius sends out invites for a chance at tickets? Just had a circular discussion with SO to find out if she is getting Sirius emails.

Sirius shows are basically corporate gigs with little to no public access. They’ll do some ticket giveaways.
    BF got to be a +1 for a friend who won Bruce at The Apollo. He said best part es the venue... the shows there aren't usually epic. 
    It’s about seeing the band in a historical venue like that in general.  

Was at the Guns N’ Roses one and it was a great time and a privilege to be in the room. 

All about the way you look at it  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,196
    How many chances would you have to see them in a 1,500 person room? I would love to see them at the Apollo. Who cares what the setlist looks like. Play the top 20 tracks on Spotify for all I care.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    I think the point of the show would be to play new tracks, and then sure some greatest hits.  Would be awesome. 
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sounds like the apollo will be a greatest hits gig.  
    Doubt it.  I'd bet on it being mostly the new album played. 
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,323
    RS151862 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:

Announcement Monday!

I guess it depends if the band gives a shit or not. Big U2 fans would probably say theirs was the best show they did that year. 
    It was by far. They “let their hair down” that night. Instead of being a prisoner to their screens and stage. PJ will play an incredibly special set if they do the Apollo, no doubt in my mind. And it will be 90% people who won’t deserve it and 10% actual fans in attendance. Unless PJ does something about that. 
  • afgpjafgpj Posts: 142
    I saw the U2 show at the Apollo.  It was great!  A shorter set list then regular shows with a couple of gems thrown in.  The intimacy of the venue is also what makes it special. We had first row balcony and because the Apollo is so small it felt like we were right on top of the band.
    Trust me, you would be happy to see PJ play any set list there.

RS151862 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:

Announcement Monday!

• JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    pjl44 said:
    How many chances would you have to see them in a 1,500 person room? I would love to see them at the Apollo. Who cares what the setlist looks like. Play the top 20 tracks on Spotify for all I care.
    This guy!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • MelzombieMelzombie Posts: 200
    so is a fall tour 99.9% confirmed? hopefully not all baseball parks, if there is one.
    also, should we start a thread with frequently asked questions that we can reference, lol..
    I feel my question has been asked a billion times, but I can't find anything. 

Melzombie said:
    so is a fall tour 99.9% confirmed? hopefully not all baseball parks, if there is one.
    also, should we start a thread with frequently asked questions that we can reference, lol..

not much to say right now about Fall since it is Spring everyone is focused on...

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Melzombie said:

I would say it’s a safe bet the fall is Wrigley and Fenway with a mix of arenas and festivals. Probably the same 12-15 shows were getting in the spring.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Does anyone else think spring 2020 seems crazy for a US tour? Shouldn’t it be spring 2021 after the euro tour? 
    Does anyone else think spring 2020 seems crazy for a US tour? Shouldn’t it be spring 2021 after the euro tour? 
    No

• JDime20JDime20 Posts: 195
    What would make Spring 2020 crazy? Just looking for some context around the ask. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    hihobibo said:
    RS151862 said:

Yes, that sums it up. No one should get their hopes up for access. I remember when Metallica did their show, and Stern talked about it on air (yes, bring up Stern again). He and about 10 of his staff went, and he complained about how people like Keith Richards daughter had better seats then him and stood up the whole time. You can see all the red carpet photos in Star magazines, etc. So it is mainly a corporate mixer, with very few seats seemingly won by subscribers.

I have lucked out in regular Sirius promo draws (like your local station would have). I got great tickets to Coldplay, saw Cindy Lauper at a small theatre, and a few other shows won in their contests. But never a grand prize where they fly you to NY/LA/LV for the show.

So this must be how they pay to have channel 22? They barely play shows In recent years, have only 2 public ones eastern half of country and one night reserved for a corporate gig? Sarcastic Ticketmaster Festival joke deleted.
    JDime20 said:
    What would make Spring 2020 crazy? Just looking for some context around the ask. 
    Seems kind of sudden, not a lot of time to plan. Book rooms, buy plane tickets, schedule days off ETC.....
    edited January 2020
    JDime20 said:
    Seems kind of sudden, not a lot of time to plan. Book rooms, buy plane tickets, schedule days off ETC.....
    Bands/Tours don't care about the fans that travel...they basically book for the fans in the area....if it's inconvenient for some to make travel plans, that doesn't bother the tour manager/booking people/band/etc....
    I was told that directly by Bruce Springsteen's tour manager......George Travis
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    they've had what, 16 months off?  why would it be crazy to actually go to work after all this time?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    JDime20 said:
    10 weeks.  If it takes you longer than 10 weeks to plan travel, that’s on you.
    They have not announced anything yet....
    JDime20 said:

It happened fast after Europe was announced and the main N.A. rumor at that time was fall tour and election related.

what makes it make sense is they decided a month ago they were happy with what they recorded so they decided to hit the road to promote the album.
    Are you offering a wager? There are some high rollers at the TC if that’s your thing ;-)
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 944
    CopperTom said:
    JDime20 said:
    This fan base has demonstrated it will go wherever, whenever on a moment’s notice. They could announce dates for last week of Jan-early feb, would end up being quickest sellouts of any arena in the US
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    JDime20 said:
    buck you’re getting soft in your old age.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    CopperTom said:
    JDime20 said:

They offer club members up to a month of additional time to prepare from what has been proven to be historically reliable rumors.

that service is also offered to readers of alternative nation free of charge.

• CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    True, but the same guys who gave hints about the Europe tour that turned out 100% correct is now dropping hits about spring US dates, sooo....