2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited January 2020

Global citizens i went in with with very low expectations so I wasn’t necessarily disappointed. 
    I liked GCF. But I always wanted to see a concert in Central Park. Pearl Jam in the lineup made it awesome. I liked most of the acts, but I found Beyonce’s set tedious with all the costume changes, etc. The crowd surges were the worst I’ve been in when Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé each started, but we pushed back against the kids and they got the message that they weren’t getting any closer. What was great was we were in the first pen, so once the “Beyhive” left after her set, we moved pretty close to the stage. Seeing Bill Nye dancing on the stage with Pearl Jam was pretty surreal, but awesome. 
    Post edited by CW55354 on
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    JojoRice said:
    With Peak to Sky being Aug 7 & 8, I guess that rules out Wrigley for that weekend. 
    I really don’t think those dates were ever realistic based on Europe ending 2 weeks before 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    VooDoo is a very real possibility.  Thats Halloween weekend.  
  • VooDoo is a very real possibility.  Thats Halloween weekend.  
    The inforoo message board, which tends to figure this kinda stuff out fairly well, thinks it’s either PJ or Rage as the rock headliner. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    We’ve gone from tour rumors to lottery angst/confusion to openers vs. no openers. Where can this thread take us next? Lol 
    Pizza: fold or no fold.  ;)
    I fold mine like a taco 
    Yes! A true pioneer.  Fucking trail blazer right here.  
    You better fold also or else I am boycotting your restaurant. 
    Dude I fold so hard.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    We’ve gone from tour rumors to lottery angst/confusion to openers vs. no openers. Where can this thread take us next? Lol 
    Fold after you get half way up the slice that works great Sicilian must be eaten as is no folding ..
    This is correct. 
  • VooDoo is a very real possibility.  Thats Halloween weekend.  
    I’d love to do voodoo. I go to NO a lot but I’d love an excuse to go again, festival or not.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Lots of justified criticism of Global Citizens set. As long as you don’t speak against the rules of the club, you can critique anything. Love you guys. Seriously. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    You guys are nuts. I’ve never left a PJ show disappointmented!
    Camden 2 2003.
    Was that the one with rockin mid set?  If so I agree.  Hartford 2006 was also a dud.  
    No, that was night one.  Night 2 Ed came out and to start the encore and said that they were going to play some requests.  The first encore was Jeremy, Elderly Woman, Better Man, Daughter and Alive.  That was my 10th show of the tour so I was probably a little jaded of the hits at that point, but that encore pissed me off.  Part of it was getting the hopes up with the requests comment.  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.
    Was that the one with rockin mid set?  If so I agree.  Hartford 2006 was also a dud.  
    No, that was night one.  Night 2 Ed came out and to start the encore and said that they were going to play some requests.  The first encore was Jeremy, Elderly Woman, Better Man, Daughter and Alive.  That was my 10th show of the tour so I was probably a little jaded of the hits at that point, but that encore pissed me off.  Part of it was getting the hopes up with the requests comment.  
    God I don’t remember much of either night. For some reason those Camden shows all blend together.  They were all good but none were amazing. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    JPPJ84 said:
    August 7/8 sounds way too early with the Euro tour ending only two weeks earlier
    Yup... My bet would be September
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    I fold mine like a taco 
    Yes! A true pioneer.  Fucking trail blazer right here.  
    You better fold also or else I am boycotting your restaurant. 
    Dude I fold so hard.
    If pj ever plays Austin I know where I m gonna preparty. 

• ddeschler said:
    Haven't liked 1 band PJ has brought. 
    Ben Harper.  Randall's Island, '96.  Introduced me to an artist that I didn't know, and I've loved ever since.
    I’ve been to more Ben shows than I can remember. He’s so amazing 
    he opened for them in 2009 as well 
    Lots of justified criticism of Global Citizens set. As long as you don’t speak against the rules of the club, you can critique anything. Love you guys. Seriously. 
    Yeah I was expecting more.  They took forever to come out because of endless speeches (not their fault but man how much more could I hear) and the set was meh.  I did enjoy the story before unthought known but the synchronized video to redemption song killed it for me. 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited January 2020
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Very clutch! Good eye JimmyV.
    That's the old 2018 shows page.

Yeah that's the header on the website, but the page is the 2018 dates...note the number "2018" after September 2  &4, and note the part that says "Thank you for your interest. Tickets for this event are no longer available."
    Just the header image used for this newer 2020 Concert Series Page - https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts/

James Taylor -  June 21
    Maroon 5 - June 24
    Motley Crue/Def Lep / Poison / Joan Jett - Aug 25
    Green Day - Aug 27
    Billy Joel - August 28

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

On January 2, 1992 I went to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers play in Salem, Oregon at the Salem Armory.  They had a couple of openers....
    Music MemorabiliaPosters Red Hot Chili PeppersNirvanaPearl Jam Salem Armory Concert Poster1992
    🤘🏼👊🏼
    A whopping $19.50 !

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.
    God I don’t remember much of either night. For some reason those Camden shows all blend together.  They were all good but none were amazing. 

I thought the 2006 Camden shows were great.
  • So....been a huge PJ fan since ‘90. Fell in love with the music, the band, the genre etc right off the bat - junior year of college. Listen to them daily but....haven’t seen a show live for many years. 🤨 Why? Some of you diehards might ask. Life. Best excuse I’ve got. Marriage, work, kids, money, time. I’ve got to see them this tour. I’m in KC so I heard possible dates in Nashville, St. Louis, Denver. Asking for a little help. Best way to get tickets? I won’t be denied this go around. 
    Thanks fellow fans!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Missing city guesses? 
  • Welcome to the boards, brother. You can sign up for the 10Club and try to get tickets that way. Other than that, Ticketmaster when they go on sale. I am strictly guessing that Denver will be the easiest ticket to get. Or, you can always go the StubHub route.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 695
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sticking with OK... Oklahoma City.  I’m probably wrong though.  I’m from the Boston area so I don’t care if it is in OK.  Just think vague hints could be telling us that.
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • @Bluedragon - Welcome to the boards, brother. You can sign up for the 10Club and try to get tickets that way. Other than that, Ticketmaster when they go on sale. I am strictly guessing that Denver will be the easiest ticket to get. Or, you can always go the StubHub route.

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sticking with OK... Oklahoma City.  I’m probably wrong though.  I’m from the Boston area so I don’t care if it is in OK.  Just think vague hints could be telling us that.
    @dimitrispearljam  Thunder or no Thunder on first leg?

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    edited January 2020
    OKC, Albuquerque or Vegas make the most sense given the tour path, but @dimitrispearljam hasn’t confirmed or denied any of them. I am starting to question if we are thinking in the right part of the country? Any of those would be the best option for me so it’s either Denver or I get lucky with the “mystery city”.
    Post edited by FiveBelow on
  • Can’t wait for official announcement of tour dates. All just rumors now but pretty excited. OKC would be cool. Still holding out hope for Sprint Center show in KC but I’ll go wherever I need to. Thanks darwinstheory for the info. 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    So....been a huge PJ fan since ‘90. Fell in love with the music, the band, the genre etc right off the bat - junior year of college. Listen to them daily but....haven’t seen a show live for many years. 🤨 Why? Some of you diehards might ask. Life. Best excuse I’ve got. Marriage, work, kids, money, time. I’ve got to see them this tour. I’m in KC so I heard possible dates in Nashville, St. Louis, Denver. Asking for a little help. Best way to get tickets? I won’t be denied this go around. 
    Thanks fellow fans!
    Welcome to the Ten Club! You should get the announcement we're all waiting for&follow from there what they print about entering the lottery to try and get the fan club tickets. Maybe there will be Ticket Master pre-sale info if that's needed- you can do this! 

• So....been a huge PJ fan since ‘90. Fell in love with the music, the band, the genre etc right off the bat - junior year of college. Listen to them daily but....haven’t seen a show live for many years. 🤨 Why? Some of you diehards might ask. Life. Best excuse I’ve got. Marriage, work, kids, money, time. I’ve got to see them this tour. I’m in KC so I heard possible dates in Nashville, St. Louis, Denver. Asking for a little help. Best way to get tickets? I won’t be denied this go around. 
    Thanks fellow fans!
    I was in the same boat with the home and away shows two years ago, said screw it and finally signed up for the Ten Club. Don't really know why I hadn't anyway, but I hadn't. I'm in the 600,000s priority number but put in for both Seattles and Missoula and got all of them with decent seats at all (didn't do GA). It was in a way bucket list stuff to do that. Then I went to Boston 2 when they opened up tickets to the Ten Club a week before. So I went nuts. And it was all I hoped it could be. Now, my chances without doing GA for stadium shows were better, but I did get seats and good ones to all three that I did the lottery.

Anyway, you could -- and should -- join the Ten Club and put in all three and you'd have a pretty good shot at landing one. The risk is you could get all three and then you'd have to figure out how to travel to them all, but it would be awesome if you could swing it! You could also weigh the odds at the best show for you and hope you get selected. If that doesn't work, Ticketmaster/secondary market. You'll be able to get tickets if you want them.
  • Great info. I just joined Ten Club about 2 weeks ago - like you can’t believe I hadn’t joined before. I assume there’s info on putting in for tickets through the club?
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    edited January 2020
    Great info. I just joined Ten Club about 2 weeks ago - like you can’t believe I hadn’t joined before. I assume there’s info on putting in for tickets through the club?

Info will be released when the lotto window opens. Read all emails.

Don't be the person who:
    1) Asks the basic questions. They're probably answered on these forums, the website or the emails.
    Subtitled: Many people use old or "throwaway" email addresses for 10C. This is a bad idea.

I would highly suggest putting rules or flags or whatnot on 10C emails to make sure they go to an inbox or priority inbox or whatever.

2) Puts in for more shows than you can afford to travel to. 10C won't give you refunds or exchanges if you put in for five shows and can't travel to all of them. Remember, one show automatically means two tickets. Yes, other people will be looking for tickets, but 10C makes the winning person pick them up...see below.

The 2018 USA tour used digital tickets for 10C. They mentioned that only one ticket was transferable, but it was quickly discover that screenshots worked. All other ticket sales since used paper tickets.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    pjl44 said:
    JM144705 said:
    That's a hard pass for me on an opener. Been to hundreds of concerts and I can count on 1 hand the amount of openers I've liked (if I dont know who they are before). Haven't liked 1 band PJ has brought. Would rather them play longer and like someone stated, START ON TIME. Fenway 2018 was brutal with them not starting on time.
    Not one? If there had to be an opener, who would be your top 2 or 3 choices? Someone who would reasonably slot in anyway. No U2, etc.
    I dont like U2 so it definitely wouldnt have been my pick. 

Admittedly I'm a bit of a music snob and don't journey outside out my realm of what I like. It's also hard for me to get into bands live without knowing them first.