2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Also looks like there’s a decent sized arena on ASU’s campus 
    If Phoenix gets a show it will almost certainly be in the Glendale arena, whatever the heck it's called these days.
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    Awesome! I travel to Oklahoma City for work, so I will have to plan a trip out for April. Looks like this might be my best chance for rail. I doubt Baltimore and NYC I will have any luck. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    Can we ask Dimmi any ? Or do we have to keep it too tour ?s , I need some advice on how to get rid of these warts ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Can we ask Dimmi any ? Or do we have to keep it too tour ?s , I need some advice on how to get rid of these warts ? 
    If they’re on your balls just put dry ice in an empty paint can and dip ‘em in
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • This OKC development has me stressed that any potential Phoenix show would be April 10-12. I would need to find someone to swap my Coachella W1 passes for W2 if this is the case. Uggghhhh.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    Kinda got a bad feeling about the upcoming lottery.  Lots of peeps looking for not a lot of seats.  Good luck to all but I think it’s going to get ugly, I miss the guaranteed days now.

Were seats ever guaranteed in writing? Maybe, but then again, with more shows going on sale at once and a lot fewer fans, even the lowest odds would have probably been around 80%, had they used the odds tracker of today.

Things didn't really start to turn tricky until around MSG 2010.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In Ohio said: o
    Kinda got a bad feeling about the upcoming lottery.  Lots of peeps looking for not a lot of seats.  Good luck to all but I think it’s going to get ugly, I miss the guaranteed days now.

Were seats ever guaranteed in writing? Maybe, but then again, with more shows going on sale at once and a lot fewer fans, even the lowest odds would have probably been around 80%, had they used the odds tracker of today.

In the old days you were guaranteed one pair. You picked a show and sent a bank check to the Ten Club. 
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013

I still think Philly 05 was the single toughest ticket.  That was the longest I ever F5'd
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    http://www.twofeetthick.com/2003/04/05/ten-club-ticket-history/ for those that are curious how it worked in the past. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193

What was the last tour for postcards? 03? Wasn't there a show where people got turned down? MSG? The F5 days came next and more people started to get shut out. 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    Some big acts are scheduled this spring at the Suns’ arena in Phx.  The Eagles, Post Malone. Would it make sense to mess with the hockey playoffs schedule in Glendale, when they could get a firm date at the Suns’ arena?  But there may be mgmt company deals and associations between certain arenas that I don’t know about.  
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sticking with OK... Oklahoma City.  I’m probably wrong though.  I’m from the Boston area so I don’t care if it is in OK.  Just think vague hints could be telling us that.
    Sounds smart guess 
    That sounds Supersonic !!!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    I’m tempted to fly out for OKC pending the date.  Sounds like it has sleeper show potential. 
    Man retirement must be nice. ;)
    Well.. it is pretty great =) not going to lie.  But... I got 4 kids between 7 and 16 so I technically just went from 2 jobs to 1.  So that make me a full time Uber driver for them and front row spectator for everything they do.  I’ve had almost a year off which I’ve really appreciated but I’ve got a couple job offers I’m sitting through and looking to go back to work part-time soon (as in after this spring tour ;) ). 
    good for you bud!  Hope to see you on tour this spring.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited January 2020
    Lost In Ohio said: o

In the old days you were guaranteed one pair. You picked a show and sent a bank check to the Ten Club. 
    you were never guaranteed tickets in the old days.  You got tickets because there were more shows, less members and more tickets available.  
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460
    How the hell does the state of Oklahoma have three shows in the past several years, but Houston doesn’t get one?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    CW55354 said:
    Awesome! I travel to Oklahoma City for work, so I will have to plan a trip out for April. Looks like this might be my best chance for rail. I doubt Baltimore and NYC I will have any luck. 
    The same group of “winners” travel city to city.  Good luck!
    CW55354 said:
    lol.  Love it and so true.  
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    dr122931 said:
    How the hell does the state of Oklahoma have three shows in the past several years, but Houston doesn’t get one?
    Perhaps because they are going to play ACL again in the fall. 
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 739
    edited January 2020

I think I'll just bookmark this page. I love all the Q&A and hints, but this thread is getting really hard to follow.

@dimitrispearljam
    Any chance of a picture like this one being taken in the next 12 months? 

Would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for... all of this. And for making it fun. Cheers!
    Post edited by whoanelly15 on
  • Need to get dates soon for my PTO request. 😬
    Hoping to make some Cali or Phoenix shows. 😃
  • Need to get dates soon for my PTO request. 😬
    Hoping to make some Cali or Phoenix shows. 😃
    Welcome aboard!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    JM144705 said:
    So here's my conundrum. I've been I  the ten club for some time (300xxx). I generally like my seats. I always prefer reserved seats. But with the east only getting NYC and Baltimore I'm considering signing up my wife and putting her in the lottery for GA for both those shows. I definitely don't like my odds by myself. Is worth the $20 to sign her up to slightly increase my odds?
    I did this for the last MSG show (2016). I used my first pick on reserved since my number is 76XXX. I chose GA for her since hers is 600XXX. I won, she lost. Ten Club got our $20 but it was worth a shot. 
    Did this strategy actually work for anybody? Regardless of what the 10c say, I have a hard time believing an account registered the day before the lottery opened would win one of the most coveted show and ticket type.

Sorry to derail the convo to ticket odds. Haven’t had any show date hints in a bit though. 😉
    I don’t see why it wouldn’t help. When you sign up you’re entitled to the lottery. They usually post active members as of today when they announce a tour.
    Not letting a new member in the lotto would be not providing what is promised. Would be like if the 10c decided to not send annual singles for 3 years or something.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    I’m tempted to fly out for OKC pending the date.  Sounds like it has sleeper show potential. 
    Man retirement must be nice. ;)
    Well.. it is pretty great =) not going to lie.  But... I got 4 kids between 7 and 16 so I technically just went from 2 jobs to 1.  So that make me a full time Uber driver for them and front row spectator for everything they do.  I’ve had almost a year off which I’ve really appreciated but I’ve got a couple job offers I’m sitting through and looking to go back to work part-time soon (as in after this spring tour ;) ). 
    good for you bud!  Hope to see you on tour this spring.
    Beers on me!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    CW55354 said:

They make groups of (say) 10, 12, 15 people and selectively make their picks against other picks in their group.

Hypothetical:
    LA 1, LA 2, SF, Portland, Seattle

Person 1:
    LA 1 GA
    LA 2 GA
    Portland seats
    Seattle seats
    LA 1 seats
    SF seats
    LA 2 seats
    Portland GA
    SF GA
    Seattle GA

Person 2 picks in reverse order.

Person 3 starts at Seattle seats and works down to Seattle GA, then starts at the top.

Person 4 starts at Portland seats and then goes up to LA 1 GA, then Seattle GA up to Seattle seats 

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    CW55354 said:

They make groups of (say) 10, 12, 15 people and selectively make their picks against other picks in their group.

Hypothetical:
    LA 1, LA 2, SF, Portland, Seattle

Person 1:
    LA 1 GA
    LA 2 GA
    Portland seats
    Seattle seats
    LA 1 seats
    SF seats
    LA 2 seats
    Portland GA
    SF GA
    Seattle GA

Person 2 picks in reverse order.

Person 3 starts at Seattle seats and works down to Seattle GA, then starts at the top.

Person 4 starts at Portland seats and then goes up to LA 1 GA, then Seattle GA up to Seattle seats 

I love pearl jam but this is a little crazy to me.  
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    It's not crazy if it works out....
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    It's not crazy if it works out....
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Someone make a new rumour thread. Time to abort this one.
    Brisk. said:
    Why?  There s nothing wrong with this one. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Brisk. said:
    Nah, we just confirmed OKC. This thread has plenty of usefulness left.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."