2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    We’ve gone from tour rumors to lottery angst/confusion to openers vs. no openers. Where can this thread take us next? Lol 
    Pizza: fold or no fold.  ;)
    Definitely no fold for me. The wife folds though.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    You guys are nuts. I’ve never left a PJ show disappointmented!
    Camden 2 2003.
    Was that the one with rockin mid set?  If so I agree.  Hartford 2006 was also a dud.  
    No, that was night one.  Night 2 Ed came out and to start the encore and said that they were going to play some requests.  The first encore was Jeremy, Elderly Woman, Better Man, Daughter and Alive.  That was my 10th show of the tour so I was probably a little jaded of the hits at that point, but that encore pissed me off.  Part of it was getting the hopes up with the requests comment.  
    God I don’t remember much of either night. For some reason those Camden shows all blend together.  They were all good but none were amazing. 

I thought the 2006 Camden shows were great.
    Night 1 was bad.  What’s worse than Last Kiss?  Last Kiss performed by recently released convicts.  Definitely one of the low points of my 40+ shows.
  • CopperTom said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.
    Was that the one with rockin mid set?  If so I agree.  Hartford 2006 was also a dud.  
    No, that was night one.  Night 2 Ed came out and to start the encore and said that they were going to play some requests.  The first encore was Jeremy, Elderly Woman, Better Man, Daughter and Alive.  That was my 10th show of the tour so I was probably a little jaded of the hits at that point, but that encore pissed me off.  Part of it was getting the hopes up with the requests comment.  
    God I don’t remember much of either night. For some reason those Camden shows all blend together.  They were all good but none were amazing. 

Night 1 was bad.  What’s worse than Last Kiss?  Last Kiss performed by recently released convicts.  Definitely one of the low points of my 40+ shows.
    That would be terrible, I've been lucky enough to not have been at a show where they played last kiss.
  • VG194499VG194499 Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    We are still debating the "missing" city but I assume this was Dimi telling us, no?
  • VG194499 said:
    We are still debating the "missing" city but I assume this was Dimi telling us, no?
    Or it could just be confirmation of Toronto being the opening city of the tour
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.

Uniondale 2003.  The booing and negative vibes were pretty bad.
    The feeling at the end of that show was so weird. I was more flabbergasted at what just happened as opposed to being disappointed.
    Could have been one of the great ones.  I left pissed at the crowd for ruining the show. Agree Hartford 06 was predictable and less than stellar.  Great version of garden though.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Great info. I just joined Ten Club about 2 weeks ago - like you can’t believe I hadn’t joined before. I assume there’s info on putting in for tickets through the club?

Info will be released when the lotto window opens. Read all emails.

Don't be the person who:
    1) Asks the basic questions. They're probably answered on these forums, the website or the emails.
    Subtitled: Many people use old or "throwaway" email addresses for 10C. This is a bad idea.

I would highly suggest putting rules or flags or whatnot on 10C emails to make sure they go to an inbox or priority inbox or whatever.

2) Puts in for more shows than you can afford to travel to. 10C won't give you refunds or exchanges if you put in for five shows and can't travel to all of them. Remember, one show automatically means two tickets. Yes, other people will be looking for tickets, but 10C makes the winning person pick them up...see below.

The 2018 USA tour used digital tickets for 10C. They mentioned that only one ticket was transferable, but it was quickly discover that screenshots worked. All other ticket sales since used paper tickets.

In addition to setting up rules, when ticket announcements are imminent like now, I suggest searching “Pearl” at the end of each day in your email. Checking here and the Given to Fly section are also good ideas.

For some reason back in 2018 my email decided to send all my 10c emails to a spam folder. It never did that before or since. I missed out on an upgrade Fenway ticket drop (turf seats) and was stuck sitting behind a post with my club seats. I checked Porch that day but forgot check GTF that day. Oh well, They still sounded great.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    CopperTom said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.

That would be terrible, I've been lucky enough to not have been at a show where they played last kiss.

When I make the mistake of mentioning PJ to a non fan, I always walk away thinking... “ugh, I can’t believe I forgot LK was a PJ song...again”
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    CopperTom said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.

When I make the mistake of mentioning PJ to a non fan, I always walk away thinking... “ugh, I can’t believe I forgot LK was a PJ song...again”
    It’s a cover not a PJ song per say ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Is 3/20 the consensus Ottawa date?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    kst said:
    Is 3/20 the consensus Ottawa date?
    Probably.  If not, 3/22.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    ComeToTX said:
    i've loved mmj, band of horses, ramones and midlake as openers for pj...but i already knew about all of them before seeing them open.  i don't think i've ever discovered a band i liked from an opening slot for pj.
    Me neither, I’ve always been a fan of the bands I’ve seen open for them over the years, Frank Black, Mudhoney, supergrass,
    mmj, band of horses, Sparta and more.  They always have had well established bands opening it’s not like they are bringing out super young or o score bands.  Plus, I’d rather listen to a band from 8:00-8:45 then crowd noise.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Posts: 6,152
    edited January 2020
    Kinda got a bad feeling about the upcoming lottery.  Lots of peeps looking for not a lot of seats.  Good luck to all but I think it’s going to get ugly, I miss the guaranteed days now.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Anyone have any solid info on when the tour will be announced? 
  • Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sticking with OK... Oklahoma City.  I’m probably wrong though.  I’m from the Boston area so I don’t care if it is in OK.  Just think vague hints could be telling us that.
    Sounds smart guess 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sticking with OK... Oklahoma City.  I’m probably wrong though.  I’m from the Boston area so I don’t care if it is in OK.  Just think vague hints could be telling us that.
    Sounds smart guess 
    This makes things interesting
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    edited January 2020
    Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sounds smart guess 
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Gang Of Youths opened a bunch of US arena dates for the Foo Fighters last year. They would have been a great choice to open for PJ but can’t see it happening now.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Oklahoma City with Red City Radio as opener... 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    tdawe said:
    Gang Of Youths opened a bunch of US arena dates for the Foo Fighters last year. They would have been a great choice to open for PJ but can’t see it happening now.
    Saw Gang of Youths when they opened for Mumford and Sons last year. Gosh I hated them. Their singer was so showy and cringeworthy I couldn’t even listen or watch 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Chesapeake Energy arena has openings on 4-4 to 4-6, 4-8 and 4-9
  • Toronto 3-18
    Ottawa or Quebec City 3-20
    Ottawa or Quebec City 3-22
    Hamilton 3-24
    Sirius show? 3-26
    Baltimore 3-28
    NYC 3-30
    Nashville 4-2
    St. Louis 4-4
    OKC 4-6
    Denver 4-8
    Phoenix 4-10
    San Diego 4-13
    LA 4-15 and 16
    Oakland 4-18
    Any other cities? 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    Toronto 3/18
    Ottawa/QBC 3/20
    Ottawa/QBC 3/22
    Hamilton 3/24
    Baltimore 3/28
    NYC MSG 3/30
    SiriusXM show in NYC 3/31
    Nashville 4/2
    St. Louis 4/4
    Denver 4/6
    OKC 4/8
    Phoenix 4/11
    SD 4/13
    LA Forum 4/15
    LA Forum 4/16
    Oakland 4/18
    Oakland 4/19
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 695
    Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sounds smart guess 
    Ha I knew the subtle OKs meant something!
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • Bunting10 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sounds smart guess 
     Yep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Toronto 3/18
    Ottawa/QBC 3/20
    Ottawa/QBC 3/22
    Hamilton 3/24
    Baltimore 3/28
    NYC MSG 3/30
    Nashville 4/2
    St. Louis 4/4
    Denver 4/6
    OKC 4/8
    Phoenix 4/11
    SD 4/13
    LA Forum 4/15
    LA Forum 4/16
    Oakland 4/18
    Oakland 4/19
    I think it's most likely they hit OKC before Denver
  • Bunting10 said:
    Bunting10 said:
    cutz said:
    Missing city guesses? 
    Sounds smart guess 
     Yep
    Are we still missing any cities?
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    Toronto 3/18
    Ottawa/QBC 3/20
    Ottawa/QBC 3/22
    Hamilton 3/24
    Baltimore 3/28
    NYC MSG 3/30
    Nashville 4/2
    St. Louis 4/4
    Denver 4/6
    OKC 4/8
    Phoenix 4/11
    SD 4/13
    LA Forum 4/15
    LA Forum 4/16
    Oakland 4/18
    Oakland 4/19
    I thought Denver was confirmed 4/6

things don’t necessarily have to make total logistic sense.  If OKC is the only missing city, then it makes sense for there to be a 2 day travel break between OKC and PHX.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Toronto 3/18
    Ottawa/QBC 3/20
    Ottawa/QBC 3/22
    Hamilton 3/24
    Baltimore 3/28
    NYC MSG 3/30
    Nashville 4/2
    St. Louis 4/4
    Denver 4/6
    OKC 4/8
    Phoenix 4/11
    SD 4/13
    LA Forum 4/15
    LA Forum 4/16
    Oakland 4/18
    Oakland 4/19

things don’t necessarily have to make total logistic sense.  If OKC is the only missing city, then it makes sense for there to be a 2 day travel break between OKC and PHX.  
    I don't remember Denver being confirmed for 4-6, maybe I missed it
  • Toronto 3/18
    Ottawa/QBC 3/20
    Ottawa/QBC 3/22
    Hamilton 3/24
    Baltimore 3/28
    NYC MSG 3/30
    Nashville 4/2
    St. Louis 4/4
    Denver 4/6
    OKC 4/8
    Phoenix 4/11
    SD 4/13
    LA Forum 4/15
    LA Forum 4/16
    Oakland 4/18
    Oakland 4/19

Yeah I know someone said their brother-in-law or something had a connection (or is a connection) with the Pepsi Center management. Can’t remember if they said the date was confirmed for 4/6 or that it was just a confirmed stop. Guess I’ll waste precious minutes of my life I’ll never get back and search for the comment  :D
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich