2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    It looks like there are only five shows scheduled so far at Fenway.  In the last few years they have had 7-8 per year.  It is still possible.  
    I'm not saying its not.
    Just saying that page from 2 years ago is proof of nothing as all the old pages from the last couple of years can be found and have the 2020 banner at the top.
    All except Phish, strangely. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Poncier said:
    note the part that says "Thank you for your interest. Tickets for this event are no longer available."
    So you're saying this is a reference to the upcoming 2020 show(s)?
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    We’ve gone from tour rumors to lottery angst/confusion to openers vs. no openers. Where can this thread take us next? Lol 
    Pizza: fold or no fold.  ;)
    I fold mine like a taco 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    We’ve gone from tour rumors to lottery angst/confusion to openers vs. no openers. Where can this thread take us next? Lol 
    I fold mine like a taco 
    Yes! A true pioneer.  Fucking trail blazer right here.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Poncier said: ko
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Very clutch! Good eye JimmyV.
    That's the old 2018 shows page.

Yeah that's the header on the website, but the page is the 2018 dates...note the number "2018" after September 2  &4, and note the part that says "Thank you for your interest. Tickets for this event are no longer available."
    Yeah but why would they have 2020 there if someone wasn't tinkering with the website in preparation for a future announcement? 
    Shared image across pages....
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    chiefnjk said:
    If stadium shows are happening, it seems weird that no info or hints have been leaked yet by Dimi or anyone here. Doesn't mean they can't or won't happen, but it seems like the rumors that are out there (Chicago DJ, Boston ticket broker) are kind of just people assuming that Wrigley/Fenway will happen since PJ is touring in 2020. Seems just as likely that PJ would play Lolla Chicago in early August, then take 6-8 weeks off before doing a run of US/Can arenas and another fest or two (ACL, Voodoo).
    Dimi might know but isn’t ready to hint yet.  I’m sure he has his reason for when and why he drops them. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    tdawe said:
    Poncier said:
    note the part that says "Thank you for your interest. Tickets for this event are no longer available."
    I'm saying exactly the opposite of that.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JPPJ84 said:
    August 7/8 sounds way too early with the Euro tour ending only two weeks earlier
    yep https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/282912/peak-to-sky-august-7th-8th-2020#latest
    Went last year to the inaugural Peak to Sky. Was a blast... Might just have to do that drive down to MT again.  We hit Glacier National Park and Yellowstone on that trip and got the rail for Brandi Carlisle and McCready and Friends. Helluva show in a small venue. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    JimmyV said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    It looks like there are only five shows scheduled so far at Fenway.  In the last few years they have had 7-8 per year.  It is still possible.  
    I'm not saying its not.
    Just saying that page from 2 years ago is proof of nothing as all the old pages from the last couple of years can be found and have the 2020 banner at the top.
    All except Phish, strangely. 
    Yeah, I just looked myself and your right. Phish seems to be the only one that shows 2019 on the banner. I wouldn't read anything into it though.

I have a friend who is high up at Ace Tickets (Boston area ticket agency). He seemed clueless when I just asked him (not that it means anything).
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Poncier said: ko
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:

Yeah that's the header on the website, but the page is the 2018 dates...note the number "2018" after September 2  &4, and note the part that says "Thank you for your interest. Tickets for this event are no longer available."
    Yeah but why would they have 2020 there if someone wasn't tinkering with the website in preparation for a future announcement? 
    https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts/foo-fighters
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    I fold mine like a taco 
    Yes! A true pioneer.  Fucking trail blazer right here.  
    You better fold also or else I am boycotting your restaurant. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said: ko
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts/foo-fighters
    Hahahaha okay my bad - got over excited 🤣
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Poncier said:
    tdawe said:
    Poncier said:
    I'm saying exactly the opposite of that.
    And I'm making a joke about the difficulty of obtaining Pearl Jam tickets.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • MH56465MH56465 Posts: 30
    The original Dimi rumor was Fall NA tour and would be related to the election. I would guess they'd want to add a couple of stadium venues also late summer to get the ticket count up so most fans can get in to at least one show. Before the fall evening chill begins.

I'd also guess, based on touring cycles of late, they want at least a month off after Europe concludes.

My guess would be 4 stadium shows in late august followed by perhaps 15 shows after labor day to drum up excitement to dump Trump.

Great reminder of Alpine Valley in 2000.  I didn’t go but got to enjoy the aftermath in Chicago the following night since they’d played such a short set in the cold.
  • bdb40bdb40 Posts: 2
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Calling it right now...Baltimore will be to the 2020 tour what Hartford was to the 2013 tour. 
    Calling it right now..... no matter what they do at MSG, it will be considered a disappointment 
  • bdb40bdb40 Posts: 2
    You guys are nuts. I’ve never left a PJ show disappointmented!
  • bdb40 said:
    Agreeeeeeeeeeeeedd
    bdb40 said:
    I left disappointed at Global citizens and Hershey. 
  • bdb40 said:
    I hate to ever be disappointmented.....with the number of people clamoring to obtain tickets for this heavily speculated series of shows, the disappointmentnent will undoubtedly be spread far and wide.  I just hope I am not among the group of disappointmenteds.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,165
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    What was the deal with Hershey? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,269
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    I'm assuming this:
    Global Citizens - short set
    Hershey - terrible poster  =)

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Im gonna guess.
    Global Citizens - Distance from stage
    Hershey - Mosquitoes
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    mcgruff10 said:
    bdb40 said:
    Of the 60+ Pearl Jam shows I’ve seen in my lifetime, Hershey ranks as the worst.  

Global citizens i went in with with very low expectations so I wasn’t necessarily disappointed. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Fold after you get half way up the slice that works great Sicilian must be eaten as is no folding ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    edited January 2020
    Forgot about St. Louis when I made my OKC post last night. And yes - the proposal was probably the worst moment I’ve seen live at a PJ show. I didn’t know Other Side was dropped for JB though?! So that’s two shows I’ve been to where Other Side was scrapped. 

As for fall, someone mentioned ACL and a couple other festivals (Voodoo?) - I could definitely see that happening, though I’m hoping Texas would get headlining shows instead. Assuming there’s nothing between St. Louis and Denver (not giving up on OKC completely), I guess I’m looking at either St. Louis or San Diego for spring. I’d love to be able to go to a Padres or Cardinals game. 

Oh and to add to the opener discussion - Midlake - Dallas and OKC 2013. I would love to see that exact show again. 
    Post edited by pj8 on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.

Uniondale 2003.  The booing and negative vibes were pretty bad.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.
    Was that the one with rockin mid set?  If so I agree.  Hartford 2006 was also a dud.  
    on2legs said:
    bdb40 said:
    Camden 2 2003.

Uniondale 2003.  The booing and negative vibes were pretty bad.
    The feeling at the end of that show was so weird. I was more flabbergasted at what just happened as opposed to being disappointed.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    With Peak to Sky being Aug 7 & 8, I guess that rules out Wrigley for that weekend. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.