2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    So, spoke to an local ticket broker here this morning (looking into some Celtics tix) I casually asked if he knew anything about PJ. Without hesitation he said "Fenway again for 2 shows". I asked when and he said he didn't know for sure, but later in the summer after Europe. He seemed pretty certain. 

Not ideal, but at least it's something. 
    niiiiice!
    Fuck!
    😂 You knew that was comin. Start exporting that Alpine and Ganong. Make a fortune! 
    Lol oil is where its at! 

So Aug 3-9th is open and Aug 21-24th for Fenway. Nothing else really works. 
  • tdawe said:
    bbiggs said:
    Another thing to mention regarding the ticket lottery is that if you strike out, you'll have an opportunity in the general sale and potentially another ticket drop after that.  For Fenway '18 TM dropped a ton of late tickets with much better seating than many of the 10C tickets already purchased.  Then people were grabbing the seat upgrade via TM and abandoning their "worse" 10C seating.  There will be opportunities for tickets.  Not sure why there's so much hand-wringing already.
    Again I think those stadium shows were much different in terms of how many fan club tickets were available. I wouldn't count on any pre-show drops happening for NYC or any other high-demand show. 
    Nah, they always drop. Even for MSG, although those are more cutthroat than most. IIRC last time around people were lining up at the box office first thing in the morning in order to catch a mid afternoon ticket drop. 
    Yup.  I showed up at key arena at 7:00 am in 2013, Waited until like 5 or 6 when they finally dropped some.  I ended up not only getting in, but they were the best seats I’ve ever had for Pearl Jam in a venue that size.  If you really want to go, don’t give up!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • JimmyV said:
    Two Oakland shows?
    Dimi said 5 Cali shows... I think 2 in Oakland is more likely than a 4th city in Cali

There's a couple Central Valley towns they've played in the past that haven't had shows in a long time...Sacramento, Fresno.
    I would give my soul for a Pearl Jam show in Fresno so I could drive 20 mins home instead of 3+ hours one way. But as a Fresno resident, this shit town doesn’t deserve PJ ever again. The crowds here suck, the venue they would play sucks sound and seating wise. It’s just a disaster here. As much as my lazy ass would love it, Fresno doesn’t deserve it. 

But thank you for the shout out. 
    Sacramento has a new arena that would sure look good with PJ on the stage....it would not shock me if that got worked into the plan....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    So, spoke to an local ticket broker here this morning (looking into some Celtics tix) I casually asked if he knew anything about PJ. Without hesitation he said "Fenway again for 2 shows". I asked when and he said he didn't know for sure, but later in the summer after Europe. He seemed pretty certain. 

Be nice if they announce the late summer/fall dates at same time as spring, would make some decisions easier for some of us and might ease the demand a smidge for NYC and Baltimore.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Fenway in the fall explains no Hartford, but not no Philly. This may be the year for Citizens Bank. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Wtf goes on here 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    JimmyV said:
    Fenway in the fall explains no Hartford, but not no Philly. This may be the year for Citizens Bank. 
    That could be cool.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    I still think they are doing a couple of album promotions on the east coast as Dimi has hinted and while they are there doing a couple of arena shows. Full east coast has to be coming in the fall or spring next year. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Poncier said:

Be nice if they announce the late summer/fall dates at same time as spring, would make some decisions easier for some of us and might ease the demand a smidge for NYC and Baltimore.
    I can't imagine that a ticket broker knows anything that hasn't already been leaked.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Not derailing topic but does anyone know the reason that the US gets such small GA sections or none ( Boston Fenway ) when Europe has such large GA sections?

In my mid 40's I always prefer GA over seating no matter what , not looking to get in the pit but I just like the ability to move around or someone tall I can move ect ect.

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Ok terrific. That graphic says it all.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    I’d be willing to put money, lots of money, on Fenway, Wrigley and Safeco happening again in 2020

Its just too easy for the band 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • People just Keep on Rockin in the Free World 🤘
  • I’d be willing to put money, lots of money, on Fenway, Wrigley and Safeco happening again in 2020

Its just too easy for the band 
    Enough with Wrigley. Let’s see them at Target Field!

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• As for. Lotto.. U don't put shit or think anything before u see the announcement and the odds
    Talk about Put GA or reserve makes no sense from The moment u don't know the dates and what shows u can do, what's the details of the lotto. (how many shows u can enter, or if u can enter for both shows when is x 2 at a venue etc)
    Afrer all this u see what u want and what the best way to score based on logic and odds. 
    All previous talk has no logic. 
    2018 Amsterdam had low GA and this year  had 99%.. U never know what's the best option till u see it 
    Sure there hasn't been a formal announcement but over the past few weeks we have got enough hints (thank you) to start planning.  People are reserving hotels based on the guesses.  I don't see any problem starting to plan for the lottery based on historical precedent. 

Overall I think that there are some aspects of the lottery that I'd be shocked if they were changed.  You should be able to enter for as many shows as you want.  If there are multiple shows at a venue you'll be limited to only one pair.  The draw will be GA first then Reserved.  Most GA entries other than #1 will have a very low chance for wins.

Reading through the posts there are a lot of people who don't understand the process and are looking for help.  I think that providing information is good for the community.  Yes, we don't know the odds and won't for a while.  But if planning an itinerary and hotels isn't a problem then preparing for the lottery draw isn't either.

Ultimately the best advice is what everyone has been writing.  Figure out what show you really want to see and make it your #1 entry.  Respect the odds tool but don't fear the odds.
     I hear ya. 
    I'm not talking about trip planing. But enter lotto. 
    U see the odds and most of all. Read the rules of lotto
    Examble.we don't know the set up about how many shows u can enter. 
    What going on for sure with x2 shows
    What's going on let's say if there  is a special event in same state and u can or can not enter for both shows..
    Last time we had this new thing with enter with ticket master fan or what ever called.
    Tickets was electronic. Another new thing last time. 
    So when they announce u read first all details
    Then u see the odds. And u figure whst u want and what the best way to score and be in the venue.. Cos we all know public sake is a cluster fuck. 
    So 10c tix is a must and u need to try to find the best way possible with the best odds u can get so u win.
    So u can't plan in advance which will be your priority in lotto before u see the dates and read the rules 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CW55354 said:

To assume fans the same age as they are can stand still for 4 hours...unless they provide stools or canes in the GA pit.

Lol. I’d almost take offense at this, except Seattle night 1 almost killed me. No one told me there were all those hills in Seattle and it’d be 90 degrees and blazing sun for 14 hours in the GA line. What happened to gloomy cool weather? We walked our asses off the day before and by the time I got into the pit, I could barely stand. We had a nice long wait standing in the pit before the show. But once it started, the adrenaline kicked in and the pain went away. Despite all that, I’d do it again in a heartbeat-and I plan on doing just that several times this tour. 
    I hear ya there. I went to Seattle 1 as well and was lucky enough to come down with a brutal cold the day before. I was downing meds the whole way up to Seattle. My voice was already pretty much gone before the band even took the stage. But as you said, once the show started, all of that stuff pretty much faded away for three glorious hours.

The next day was awful.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    If they do Fenway again, please please PLEASE have an opener. We're happy to start trickling in early, but give us some entertainment. 
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    pjl44 said:
    If they do Fenway again, please please PLEASE have an opener. We're happy to start trickling in early, but give us some entertainment. 
    Or just start when you say you're gonna start. Nothing pisses me off more than an outdoor show getting curfew'd because they wanted to wait until sundown I guess?...
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

niiiiice!
    Fuck!
    😂 You knew that was comin. Start exporting that Alpine and Ganong. Make a fortune! 
    Lol oil is where its at! 

So Aug 3-9th is open and Aug 21-24th for Fenway. Nothing else really works. 
    Going into September, both Sept 8-10 and  Sept 14-21 appear to work
    pjl44 said:
    Or just start when you say you're gonna start. Nothing pisses me off more than an outdoor show getting curfew'd because they wanted to wait until sundown I guess?...
    Or that, yeah
  • pjl44 said:
    PJ has a HUGE catalog of music - there's zero reason to have an opener.  In fact, I hope they don't - more PJ on stage singing songs we all want to hear.  :)
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• As for. Lotto.. U don't put shit or think anything before u see the announcement and the odds
    Talk about Put GA or reserve makes no sense from The moment u don't know the dates and what shows u can do, what's the details of the lotto. (how many shows u can enter, or if u can enter for both shows when is x 2 at a venue etc)
    Afrer all this u see what u want and what the best way to score based on logic and odds. 
    All previous talk has no logic. 
    2018 Amsterdam had low GA and this year  had 99%.. U never know what's the best option till u see it 
    Sure there hasn't been a formal announcement but over the past few weeks we have got enough hints (thank you) to start planning.  People are reserving hotels based on the guesses.  I don't see any problem starting to plan for the lottery based on historical precedent. 

Overall I think that there are some aspects of the lottery that I'd be shocked if they were changed.  You should be able to enter for as many shows as you want.  If there are multiple shows at a venue you'll be limited to only one pair.  The draw will be GA first then Reserved.  Most GA entries other than #1 will have a very low chance for wins.

Reading through the posts there are a lot of people who don't understand the process and are looking for help.  I think that providing information is good for the community.  Yes, we don't know the odds and won't for a while.  But if planning an itinerary and hotels isn't a problem then preparing for the lottery draw isn't either.

Ultimately the best advice is what everyone has been writing.  Figure out what show you really want to see and make it your #1 entry.  Respect the odds tool but don't fear the odds.
     I hear ya. 
    I'm not talking about trip planing. But enter lotto. 
    U see the odds and most of all. Read the rules of lotto
    Examble.we don't know the set up about how many shows u can enter. 
    What going on for sure with x2 shows
    What's going on let's say if there  is a special event in same state and u can or can not enter for both shows..
    Last time we had this new thing with enter with ticket master fan or what ever called.
    Tickets was electronic. Another new thing last time. 
    So when they announce u read first all details
    Then u see the odds. And u figure whst u want and what the best way to score and be in the venue.. Cos we all know public sake is a cluster fuck. 
    So 10c tix is a must and u need to try to find the best way possible with the best odds u can get so u win.
    So u can't plan in advance which will be your priority in lotto before u see the dates and read the rules 
    I think that most fans choose the show closest to their home regardless of the odds.  I know a good portion of the fan base travels but many don't have that luxury due to financial, time off from work, or family responsibilities.  I'm in Connecticut.  I can easily make a day trip to NYC.  I may be able to pull off Baltimore or the closest Canadian show.  But I can't pull my kids out of school and fly to Nashville or Phoenix.  

This isn't intended to be a sob story, I'll be happy to see them just one time this year.  
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
    pjl44 said:
    PJ has a HUGE catalog of music - there's zero reason to have an opener.  In fact, I hope they don't - more PJ on stage singing songs we all want to hear.  :)
    For my taste, they usually do a great job picking openers. Way more often than not I've been able to see 2 great bands instead of 1. I'd be stoked on The Pixies or IDLES like Europe. More of that, please.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Love opening bands.  
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    That's a hard pass for me on an opener. Been to hundreds of concerts and I can count on 1 hand the amount of openers I've liked (if I dont know who they are before). Haven't liked 1 band PJ has brought. Would rather them play longer and like someone stated, START ON TIME. Fenway 2018 was brutal with them not starting on time.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    2018 Fenway was WAY too long a wait.
    I've liked one opener in 25 years, Band of Horses.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Poncier said:

I can't imagine that a ticket broker knows anything that hasn't already been leaked.
    Depends on the broker...there's one here in Boston who is very tied in with Red Sox/Fenway, so they could have some inside info.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    JM144705 said:
    That's a hard pass for me on an opener. Been to hundreds of concerts and I can count on 1 hand the amount of openers I've liked (if I dont know who they are before). Haven't liked 1 band PJ has brought. Would rather them play longer and like someone stated, START ON TIME. Fenway 2018 was brutal with them not starting on time.
    Not one? If there had to be an opener, who would be your top 2 or 3 choices? Someone who would reasonably slot in anyway. No U2, etc.
    Zero interest in watching an opening act waste precious time before curfew at Fenway.