2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    tdawe said:
    link93 said:
    I doubt any #2 pick for Baltimore or New York will win and a heck of a lot of #1 picks won't win either. If you want to have decent chance to win you are going to have to go West Phoenix and maybe Denver or Ottawa/Quebec.
    People...If you want to go to a specific show... PUT IT AS FIRST CHOICE. 
    Those who overanalyze often regret it. 

Yes but GA or reserved? 

Last year there were only 7 US shows. I put in for both Fenway shows and won both. Lucky? Larger capacity? 

I don’t remember people upset about shut outs last year. 2016 more so, although there were more shows. 🤔
    IIRC it seemed like they were able to secure a greater % of tickets for the 10C compared to what they’ve been able to get for US arena shows. 
    Yeah they got tons of tix for the ballpark shows. Only Seattle was a TM show I believe. With no GA at Fenway don't think anyone was shut out there. 
    Won't be the same in arenas. Livenation/TM will probably only allot 10c 8-10% of tickets so lots of folks will lose the lottery.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    dlesko619 said:
    So I will only try for Baltimore. My days are over standing at concerts. My knees just don't hold up. 

Some (not all) of the standing tickets can be in a low number draw for the first members and some of the good seats could be opened to the others. Make it the exact same number of total tickets as now with the GA so the low numbers get the  same odds as they do now.

If they take some seats, similar to the the lottery rows...if this group of seats were placed into a separate random draw that might be the fairest way. 

How it is now it's all or nothing. Pick standing and you might destroy a kidney taking 10 advil or go into the seat draw, risk getting obstructed view with no advance notice but you may get rewarded with a lotto seat if the stars are aligned for you. Or build a time machine and buy a good number.

To assume fans the same age as they are can stand still for 4 hours...unless they provide stools or canes in the GA pit.

• jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    edited January 2020
    As someone who hasn't seen PJ since 2016 and have never been in the first few rows.....to me it is worth the risk to enter the reserved draw and hope to hit the lotto.

The only time I've really been screwed with membership # and seating was the last show (10/31) at the Spectrum. Literally got the last row in the building on the far end, opposite of the stage

Besides that, no real complaints seating wise
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • molecule said:
    @dimitrispearljam does NY state=1?
    That's tricky question.. So no comment. 

Heres the hint. In retrospect very well could be SNL.
    Was really hoping for a Saturday Baltimore, but I’m starting to feel the same way  :|
    Who said Baltimore isn't Saturday? 
    Doing a Baltimore show eliminates a SNL appearance then.
    Never heard anything about SNL show. 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    JimmyV said:
    Two Oakland shows?
    Dimi said 5 Cali shows... I think 2 in Oakland is more likely than a 4th city in Cali

There's a couple Central Valley towns they've played in the past that haven't had shows in a long time...Sacramento, Fresno.
    I would give my soul for a Pearl Jam show in Fresno so I could drive 20 mins home instead of 3+ hours one way. But as a Fresno resident, this shit town doesn’t deserve PJ ever again. The crowds here suck, the venue they would play sucks sound and seating wise. It’s just a disaster here. As much as my lazy ass would love it, Fresno doesn’t deserve it. 

But thank you for the shout out. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • As for. Lotto.. U don't put shit or think anything before u see the announcement and the odds
    Talk about Put GA or reserve makes no sense from The moment u don't know the dates and what shows u can do, what's the details of the lotto. (how many shows u can enter, or if u can enter for both shows when is x 2 at a venue etc)
    Afrer all this u see what u want and what the best way to score based on logic and odds. 
    All previous talk has no logic. 
    2018 Amsterdam had low GA and this year  had 99%.. U never know what's the best option till u see it 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,193
    dlesko619 said:
    So I will only try for Baltimore. My days are over standing at concerts. My knees just don't hold up. 

Some (not all) of the standing tickets can be in a low number draw for the first members and some of the good seats could be opened to the others. Make it the exact same number of total tickets as now with the GA so the low numbers get the  same odds as they do now.

If they take some seats, similar to the the lottery rows...if this group of seats were placed into a separate random draw that might be the fairest way. 

How it is now it's all or nothing. Pick standing and you might destroy a kidney taking 10 advil or go into the seat draw, risk getting obstructed view with no advance notice but you may get rewarded with a lotto seat if the stars are aligned for you. Or build a time machine and buy a good number.

To assume fans the same age as they are can stand still for 4 hours...unless they provide stools or canes in the GA pit.

Does anything about a tour actually bring you joy?
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    As for. Lotto.. U don't put shit or think anything before u see the announcement and the odds
    Talk about Put GA or reserve makes no sense from The moment u don't know the dates and what shows u can do, what's the details of the lotto. (how many shows u can enter, or if u can enter for both shows when is x 2 at a venue etc)
    Afrer all this u see what u want and what the best way to score based on logic and odds. 
    2018 Amsterdam had low GA and this year  had 99%.. U never know what's the best option till u see it 
    YES! Stop all the whining about tickets and odds and what you'll do and what you won't get... it's so ridiculous. 
  • molecule said:

Was really hoping for a Saturday Baltimore, but I’m starting to feel the same way  :|

REALLY hope Baltimore is Friday...Vacation no where near Baltimore starting that Saturday...already planting the seed to push this back a day if needed lol

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    pj8 said:
    Thom Yorke is by far the best act on that list. Anyway...back to PJ. I’m still holding out some hope for Oklahoma or something midwestern. I think Nashville straight to Denver would be a huge missed opportunity for an easy Midwest sell out in K.C. or OKC or wherever. I know K.C. is pretty much out so I’m going to keep Oklahoma in the conversation until it gets rejected. 

It is Nashville, St. Louis, Denver.
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200

Lol. I’d almost take offense at this, except Seattle night 1 almost killed me. No one told me there were all those hills in Seattle and it’d be 90 degrees and blazing sun for 14 hours in the GA line. What happened to gloomy cool weather? We walked our asses off the day before and by the time I got into the pit, I could barely stand. We had a nice long wait standing in the pit before the show. But once it started, the adrenaline kicked in and the pain went away. Despite all that, I’d do it again in a heartbeat-and I plan on doing just that several times this tour. 
  • Oh snap! People getting called ridiculous before the tour is announced!  This is going to an intense few weeks, better buckle up! And get extra pop secret!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Another thing to mention regarding the ticket lottery is that if you strike out, you'll have an opportunity in the general sale and potentially another ticket drop after that.  For Fenway '18 TM dropped a ton of late tickets with much better seating than many of the 10C tickets already purchased.  Then people were grabbing the seat upgrade via TM and abandoning their "worse" 10C seating.  There will be opportunities for tickets.  Not sure why there's so much hand-wringing already.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    pjl44 said:
    dlesko619 said:

It appears that complaining brings him joy. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    edited January 2020
    I am same age as Ed (actually few months older) and I can do GA without complaining. I choose GA and I have plenty of things that hurt
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    bbiggs said:
    Another thing to mention regarding the ticket lottery is that if you strike out, you'll have an opportunity in the general sale and potentially another ticket drop after that.  For Fenway '18 TM dropped a ton of late tickets with much better seating than many of the 10C tickets already purchased.  Then people were grabbing the seat upgrade via TM and abandoning their "worse" 10C seating.  There will be opportunities for tickets.  Not sure why there's so much hand-wringing already.
    People haven't had a chance to feel angst about a U.S. tour in awhile and they are not going to let the opportunity slip by I guess. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    bbiggs said:
    Again I think those stadium shows were much different in terms of how many fan club tickets were available. I wouldn't count on any pre-show drops happening for NYC or any other high-demand show. 

But you're right that there will be opportunities, both in the public on-sale and from other 10C members. And of course the larger point that it's silly to get worked up over lotto details before the tour is announced is correct. That being said, I know that in periods like this one when PJ shows start to seem imminent it tends to start taking up a larger and larger share of my mental space every day, so I understand why people are getting excited.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    bbiggs said:
      There will be opportunities for tickets.  Not sure why there's so much hand-wringing already.
    The FOMO among people here is nutty, especially for rumored dates. Like we've been reminded before, everything is subject to change, so just enjoy the speculation. Nothing open to the public is ever truly "sold out", if you want to go bad enough, you can get there.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    We abandoned our seats and stood the whole time at Fenway. It became one of my favorite concert experiences. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    hihobibo said:
    bbiggs said:
      There will be opportunities for tickets.  Not sure why there's so much hand-wringing already.
    The FOMO among people here is nutty, especially for rumored dates. Like we've been reminded before, everything is subject to change, so just enjoy the speculation. Nothing open to the public is ever truly "sold out", if you want to go bad enough, you can get there.
         Yikes! I was gone for 12 hours!! I know.... "the waiting drove me mad" and "the waiting is the hardest part"....Thank you hihobibo.... I'll 
        try and just enjoy the fact that Pearl Jam is coming!! Hope to see you at a show! 
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    Poncier said:
    pjl44 said:
    dlesko619 said:

It appears that complaining brings him joy. ;)
    and having hassle free shows in NYC with perfect seats every time 
  • 1upstate1upstate Posts: 201
    edited January 2020
    I am same age as Ed (actually few months older) and I can do GA without complaining. I choose GA and I have plenty of things that hurt
    I'm fighting cancer and I'll stand.... and Ed is 6 months younger than me... and my name is Ed 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    75 sleeps til they take the stage again

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    edited January 2020
    I remember when this used to be a thread about tour rumours.
    Worst case for tickets is secondary market.  Would it suck to pay an extra $50 for a $100 ticket?  Absolutely.  But when a fair amount of people are spending the money to fly, get hotels, etc. to see the band play, would they not spend an extra $50?  I understand not everyone is traveling and not everyone has the extra $50 in the ticket budget.  More importantly, there will be plenty of tickets by other 10C members being offered at face value.  The majority of people will be able to get tickets to the shows they want imo.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816
    bbiggs said:
    Worst case for tickets is secondary market.  Would it suck to pay an extra $50 for a $100 ticket?  Absolutely.  But when a fair amount of people are spending the money to fly, get hotels, etc. to see the band play, would they not spend an extra $50?  I understand not everyone is traveling and not everyone has the extra $50 in the ticket budget.  More importantly, there will be plenty of tickets by other 10C members being offered at face value.  The majority of people will be able to get tickets to the shows they want imo.
    Much more than your estimates, especially for LA and NYC.  Cost me $300 for an upper seat at MSG last time around.  I suspect it will be more this time. I am thinking the prices will be higher as well. Probably $150 each from the 10c. What you say may be true in some cities, but not MSG.  It is a tough ticket.
  • molecule said:

Exactly, I'm trying to put that rumor to bed.
    Get_Right said:
    bbiggs said:
    Much more than your estimates, especially for LA and NYC.  Cost me $300 for an upper seat at MSG last time around.  I suspect it will be more this time. I am thinking the prices will be higher as well. Probably $150 each from the 10c. What you say may be true in some cities, but not MSG.  It is a tough ticket.

Correct.  That is why I said the majority of shows.  MSG aside, most tickets can be had for under $300 if you just want in the building.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    As for. Lotto.. U don't put shit or think anything before u see the announcement and the odds
    YES! Stop all the whining about tickets and odds and what you'll do and what you won't get... it's so ridiculous. 

only first pick odds matter in high population areas that usually face the smallest ticket allocation per capita.

The game is completely different in Europe with lower ticket demand and enormous GA pits.

First round odds are not disclosed by TC.

These are facts. Not sure why some fans feel the need to attack others.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    tdawe said:
    bbiggs said:
    Again I think those stadium shows were much different in terms of how many fan club tickets were available. I wouldn't count on any pre-show drops happening for NYC or any other high-demand show. 
    Nah, they always drop. Even for MSG, although those are more cutthroat than most. IIRC last time around people were lining up at the box office first thing in the morning in order to catch a mid afternoon ticket drop. 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas